Why is it

Rawrrrrrrr

That those youths who get stabbed - almost weekly it seems at the moment - in London or wherever are always angels, great guys, destined for great things etc

I have just saw on the news someone once again paying tribute to a family member stabbed to death on the streets of london.

Now I dont know anything about this boy and maybe it is true of him but it seems to be the same story after every murder.

I dont really believe that the gangs of london pick only on the good boys and dont kill fellow gang members etc

Maybe its time the police call their bluff and the next time some little thug gets brutally slain and the family try to paint him as some sort of hero they come out and show the real picture of a young violent man who offered nothing to society

It just seems a bit hypocritical to me how we are all going on about gangs and knife violence etc but when those who enter into it die due to it they are suddenly recreated by the families

But what was a 17 year old doing in a nightclub at 2am(not that i ever did such a thing), surely the nightclubs licence should be under review?

I have always said that. Do bad people never get killed.

Usually speak to their family though, and you wont say anything wrong about your own.

Getting fecking worse though. Quite frightning.

coppercrutch

Been done before. I think it was myself who started it !!!

It is amazing how many innocent angels just happen to get stabbed to death at bus stops. Yet all these 'gang bangers' who sit around all day on you tube showing off their weapons and arranging fights - these guys seem to have 9 lives.

Amazing...................

PS. This is not in reference to this case specifically. Just the general idea.

Regular John

I agree in part but I don't think it be a good idea if the Media/Police celebrated the death of of a gang member.

What kind of message would that be to send out to other would be killers ?

I think it would be best if the media just shunned these stories altogether.

I agree in part but I don't think it be a good idea if the Media/Police celebrated the death of of a gang member.

He's not saying celebrate, just state the facts. That these people are not angels but violent young men with gang links.

coppercrutch

Fair enough. However what message are they giving out now ? That all these 'poor wee angels' were victims of a crime that had nothing to do with them. For the majority I am sure that is simply nonsense. RESPONSIBILITY for your actions. Something this country has forgotten the meaning off.

What if the press reported it as 'This is what happens when you get involved in this sort of thing'.

I don't think that would be such a bad message to give out.

I actually think it will be pretty soon when we see a brave parent actually coming out and saying this. Greatest respect to them when it happens.

ToadKiller Dog

A lot of parents do think there teenage son/daughter is an angel and dont have a clue about the real life of there teenager.

I am not sure it would benifet the family for the police to put them straight if thats the case.

A lot of parents do think there teenage son/daughter is an angel and dont have a clue about the real life of there teenager.

I am not sure it would benifet the family for the police to put them straight if thats the case.

Wouldnt it

Your a young child in a ghetto, your older teenage sibling gets stabbed to death, your parents say they where an angel innocent etc you dont see anything wrong with their lifestyle and follow it and later end up the same way.

Alternatively you find out your sibling died because of there lifestyle and realise its not the way forward

The problem is these communities typically only learn internally, the police etc claiming stuff on news etc doesnt reach the mark

Seeing family members brutally slain and knowing that is why would have far more effect

John Findlay

Offence. As in to many people nowadays frightened of causing it. By that I also mean that to many people are ready to take offence at the slightest thing. Putting it bluntly people need to grow a backbone and have thicker skin for want of a phrase or two.

Tomorrow I will(if everything goes well) become a father again at the age of forty five. For me personally it has been a bit of an eye opener from our very first meeting with the NHS staff(midwife) and all through the visits to the ERI for various scans etc. That I was always referred to as the partner and the shock on their faces when no, I am actually my wife's husband and the further shock when they find out we are living at the same address. Yes shock that a man lives at the same address as the pregnant female.

Being called the partner did not cause me offence but, why anyone would be offended at being called the husband or wife is beyond me. But, hey ho there are those that are. My simple message to them is GROW UP AND GET A LIFE.

Yes bad people get killed whether by stabbing or whatever and if their immediate family cannot handle that fact then to me it is their problem and no-one elses.

John

ToadKiller Dog
Wouldnt it

Your a young child in a ghetto, your older teenage sibling gets stabbed to death, your parents say they where an angel innocent etc you dont see anything wrong with their lifestyle and follow it and later end up the same way.

Alternatively you find out your sibling died because of there lifestyle and realise its not the way forward

The problem is these communities typically only learn internally, the police etc claiming stuff on news etc doesnt reach the mark

Seeing family members brutally slain and knowing that is why would have far more effect

I see what you are saying but the world does not work that way ,people choose to believe what they want to believe. Just like how many smokers have seen family members die suffer ill health but dont ditch the weed.

I have known junkies who have Died and caused there parents no end of grief but the parents still see them as the good kid that went wrong.

Archived