*** Big Hearts Foodbank Collection 20 October 2019

Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

We are a football club and we should look after our own first imo. Let Hibs etc have their own food bank days.

For what it’s worth I do kind of support this initiative but we are not a charity. I tell you now if I made a food parcel up and 2 people wanted it a Hibs family or Hearts family it would go to the Hearts one.

We need to start toughening up as a club.  We are a family and should start focusing on the inside instead of the outside.

It’s a shame that the thread has taken this turn. Big Hearts have organised this initiative in support of a local community who are in need of help

Big Hearts are a charity, OUR clubs charity  and we offered to support them in their campaign.

God forbid that Big Hearts spread their considerable support amongst only Hearts following families. 

Your stance beggars belief, so much so that I wondered if you were at the wind up

There are loads of charitable ‘events’ and support initiatives being held at Tynecastle.

Walking Football is just one of many. Should we restrict attendance to only those of a maroon persuasion.

Absolute nonsense.

Back to your point of what family should receive your food parcel? The correct answer is make 2

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Dagger Is Back

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

highlandjambo3

As a thought.........

because it’s “them” we are playing on Sunday, prior to the match watch out for groups of unwashed on the esplanade saying stuff like “gonnay no day that” with a strong weegie accent looking for free handouts.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We should only be supplying food parcels for fellow fans.

What a self centered attitude, would you suggest the same for other charitable donations made by Jambos Kickback in the past, organisations such as CCLASP who help children suffering from leukemia.

Maybe only the Jambo ones are worth helping.

Truly a deplorable attitude to have.

EDIT* back to the main focus, helping as many families you can with food parcels or monetary donations to a

very worthwhile cause at what can be a tremendously difficult time for many.

Edited by Neon

On 11/10/2019 at 11:34, Dagger Is Back said:

Big Hearts, Jambos Kickback and Heart Of Midlothian, are once again joining forces on 20 October, the day of the home game against Rangers, to collect donations of non-perishable food in support of the Community One Stop Shop. http://www.coss-broomhouse.org.uk/ Last year Hearts fans kindly contributed 400-440kg of supplies and donated £2800, which allowed COSS to support hundreds of local families in need.

The Community One Stop Shop has been assisting the residents of Broomhouse and its surrounding area, for over 17 years. In November 2012, they launched the Broomhouse Foodbank which offers free packs of food to families and individuals in crisis. They feed an average of 400 people every month, and a significant increase is expected over the Festive season and well into the New Year. Supported by donations of non-perishable food, they are able to make a real difference to families living in poverty in the area.

The collection will be held between 1000am and kick off at 1215pm at Foundation Plaza, where donations can be handed in to the team of volunteers in attendance. There will also be a drop off point at the gates to the Wheatfield Stand

The following suggested items would be gratefully received;

- Tinned meals i.e. stew, chilli, meatballs

- Tinned vegetables

- Tinned meat/fish

- UHT or powdered milk

- Soup/Rice/Couscous

- Cereals/Biscuits

- Other long shelf life products

Many people find it difficult to support events like this in terms of finding the time to get donations along to a collection point etc, so with the agreement of the JKB Board, we’ve set up a donations function to allow people to contribute financially to this worthwhile cause. This will run from now until midnight on 3 November.

If you’d like to donate, please follow this link  https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/donate/make-donation/

The proceeds will be collected, and once we have a final amount, the Community One Stop Shop will be able to buy additional supplies including fresh fruits, bread and toiletries, which will allow them to continue to support families into the New Year.  The JKB Board have generously agreed to cover all Paypal fees which means 100% of funds donated will go to COSS for the benefit of local families.

JKB has a long and proud history of supporting many charitable causes and any donations will make such a huge difference to families in crisis.  A huge thank you in advance of your support

I’d like to thank the JKB Board once again, for their valued advice, and support of this initiative

Social-Post-Foodbank.png

Remember, if you are going to Tynecastle tomorrow that you can drop off stuff at the collection points. You can also donate via the link above. 

Just donated. You look likely to  hit your target - again. 

I don't give the slightest toss what footballling allegiance the recipients have or even if they like football at all. Not remotely important.

Dagger Is Back

Thank you everyone. We’ve still got over two weeks for this to run and we’re almost at target.

Overwhelmed folks

Dagger Is Back

Last bump before I hit the sack. Collection points for donations at the Plaza and the Wheatfield tomorrow.

Also the lovely folks at the Diggers are accepting donations.

Every donation makes a difference to families in need 

Thanks Jambos

highlandjambo3

As a thought.........

because it’s “them” we are playing on Sunday, prior to the match watch out for groups of unwashed on the esplanade saying stuff like “gonnay no day that” with a strong weegie accent looking for free handouts.

Anyway....bump again.

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Last bump before I hit the sack. Collection points for donations at the Plaza and the Wheatfield tomorrow.

Also the lovely folks at the Diggers are accepting donations.

Every donation makes a difference to families in need 

Thanks Jambos

Now over £1400 raised. An amazing figure. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully a lot of stuff donated prior to the game. 

I was there about 11.40 few handed in by then. Getting sorted into trays...

Dagger Is Back

Brilliant effort JKB. The donations option will run until midnight on 3 November.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far

I8, big Hearts also funds a Syrian refugee group of men,which is in relation to mens mental health and social isolation through the changing room initiative, they are not Jambos but may end up Jambos .

Again families that cant afford food(some working families too) that rely on the food bank may or may not be jambos, people in that predicament wont have evidence they are or are not jambos they are just human beings in need, it shouldn't matter which brand of shite scottish fitbaw they follow.   👍🇱🇻

On 18/10/2019 at 14:28, i8hibsh said:

And children. You missed that bit. Only jambo children should be fed. Hibs kids can go hungry. Am I doing this right? 

On 18/10/2019 at 14:28, i8hibsh said:

When you say 'we' have you actually donated anything or are you using the Royal 'we'?

I made a cash donation and also took a couple of bags of food along to the Diggers yesterday, as I couldn't make the match today.  The people who benefit from this are in genuine need, and I couldn't give a toss if they are Hearts fans or not.

If you feel strongly about it, maybe you can get off your arse and set up your own initiative, 'Hearts food for Hearts fans, let the Hibees starve'.  Of course you won't do that, you don't have the initiative, you'd rather sit at home sniping at others who do.

5 hours ago, RobNox said:

When you say 'we' have you actually donated anything or are you using the Royal 'we'?

I made a cash donation and also took a couple of bags of food along to the Diggers yesterday, as I couldn't make the match today.  The people who benefit from this are in genuine need, and I couldn't give a toss if they are Hearts fans or not.

If you feel strongly about it, maybe you can get off your arse and set up your own initiative, 'Hearts food for Hearts fans, let the Hibees starve'.  Of course you won't do that, you don't have the initiative, you'd rather sit at home sniping at others who do.

Giving to charity then telling the world how much I gave to charity is not how I roll. 

On 18/10/2019 at 15:24, i8hibsh said:

We are a football club and we should look after our own first imo. Let Hibs etc have their own food bank days.

For what it’s worth I do kind of support this initiative but we are not a charity. I tell you now if I made a food parcel up and 2 people wanted it a Hibs family or Hearts family it would go to the Hearts one.

We need to start toughening up as a club.  We are a family and should start focusing on the inside instead of the outside.

Even by your standards this is a ****ing belter mate 😂😂😂.

Dagger Is Back

Still lots of time to donate if you haven't been able to do so yet. The donation link will be open until midnight on 3 November. If folks in Edinburgh have food donations that they'd like to donate, I'd be happy to come and collect them from you and deliver them to COSS on your behalf.

You just need to send me a PM

6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Still lots of time to donate if you haven't been able to do so yet. The donation link will be open until midnight on 3 November. If folks in Edinburgh have food donations that they'd like to donate, I'd be happy to come and collect them from you and deliver them to COSS on your behalf.

You just need to send me a PM

How did the collections go yesterday?

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How did the collections go yesterday?

I haven't had an update yet Dave. I'm going to drop some dog food into COSS tomorrow so will speak to Carol then. Will update teherfater

Cheers

Dagger Is Back

We've just had a wee update from Carol at COSS. They are absolutely delighted with the response and this has been our most successful event to date. Carol has asked me to pass on her thanks to everyone for their generosity.

Some 815kg of items have been donated thus far, and this includes donations from the playing squad which I think is a lovely gesture

Some £1136 was raised via donation buckets and this included a collection at the away end which was well supported. We've raised £1530 on here to date with the donations link closing at midnight on 3 November.

I was down at COSS this morning and the place is bursting at the seams.

Brilliant work everyone

Thank you

14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

We've just had a wee update from Carol at COSS. They are absolutely delighted with the response and this has been our most successful event to date. Carol has asked me to pass on her thanks to everyone for their generosity.

Some 815kg of items have been donated thus far, and this includes donations from the playing squad which I think is a lovely gesture

Some £1136 was raised via donation buckets and this included a collection at the away end which was well supported. We've raised £1530 on here to date with the donations link closing at midnight on 3 November.

Brilliant work everyone

Thank you

Excellent news. 

Pasquale for King
On 21/10/2019 at 00:35, RobNox said:

Your due me some paracetamol 😜, seriously though I took my two bags on the way up and then six others, with a colleague,including your wonderful donation down on my way in to the game. Gave a cash donation too. Well done everyone.

9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Brilliant work everyone

Thank you

Let me say it. Well done to the away end

On 21/10/2019 at 06:01, i8hibsh said:

Giving to charity then telling the world how much I gave to charity is not how I roll. 

No, how you roll is to question how money that other people have donated to charity should be used.  I was challenging your use of the word 'we' when you questioned how the food bank donations should be used, as I doubt you contributed anything but seem to want to have a say on who should benefit.  

On 11/10/2019 at 11:34, Dagger Is Back said:

Big Hearts, Jambos Kickback and Heart Of Midlothian, are once again joining forces on 20 October, the day of the home game against Rangers, to collect donations of non-perishable food in support of the Community One Stop Shop. http://www.coss-broomhouse.org.uk/ Last year Hearts fans kindly contributed 400-440kg of supplies and donated £2800, which allowed COSS to support hundreds of local families in need.

The Community One Stop Shop has been assisting the residents of Broomhouse and its surrounding area, for over 17 years. In November 2012, they launched the Broomhouse Foodbank which offers free packs of food to families and individuals in crisis. They feed an average of 400 people every month, and a significant increase is expected over the Festive season and well into the New Year. Supported by donations of non-perishable food, they are able to make a real difference to families living in poverty in the area.

The collection will be held between 1000am and kick off at 1215pm at Foundation Plaza, where donations can be handed in to the team of volunteers in attendance. There will also be a drop off point at the gates to the Wheatfield Stand

The following suggested items would be gratefully received;

- Tinned meals i.e. stew, chilli, meatballs

- Tinned vegetables

- Tinned meat/fish

- UHT or powdered milk

- Soup/Rice/Couscous

- Cereals/Biscuits

- Other long shelf life products

Many people find it difficult to support events like this in terms of finding the time to get donations along to a collection point etc, so with the agreement of the JKB Board, we’ve set up a donations function to allow people to contribute financially to this worthwhile cause. This will run from now until midnight on 3 November.

If you’d like to donate, please follow this link  https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/donate/make-donation/

The proceeds will be collected, and once we have a final amount, the Community One Stop Shop will be able to buy additional supplies including fresh fruits, bread and toiletries, which will allow them to continue to support families into the New Year.  The JKB Board have generously agreed to cover all Paypal fees which means 100% of funds donated will go to COSS for the benefit of local families.

JKB has a long and proud history of supporting many charitable causes and any donations will make such a huge difference to families in crisis.  A huge thank you in advance of your support

Social-Post-Foodbank.png

We’ve now had over £1650 donated so have upped the target to £2000. This runs until midnight on 3/11. Brilliant effort do far for a super cause. 

Now over £1700 raised. Note that non members have been donating as well but a great effort from the Hearts community. Still over a week to run on this. 

Dagger Is Back

Still time for a last minute donation with the link closing at midnight on 3/11

An incredible £1825 raised to date 

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back

Unbelievable effort and with 5 days to go we're now just £20 short of our revised target.

We received this note from Carol today.

We are working with a client who is on a zero hour contract. She is coming out of a domestic abuse relationship and was referred to us by Womans Aid, working with our advice work She is not entitled to any benefits as she is fit for work.  However she is at risk of homelessness as all her pay goes towards her rent.  Once she has paid rent and council tax she is left with £32 per week to cover all other bills.  We are supporting her by giving her access to our advice worker who is trying various ways to maximise her income.  Our employability worker is working with her to try and get her a job with guaranteed hours and we are giving her weekly food parcels to try and get her through to pay day

9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Unbelievable effort and with 5 days to go we're now just £20 short of our revised target.

We received this note from Carol today.

We are working with a client who is on a zero hour contract. She is coming out of a domestic abuse relationship and was referred to us by Womans Aid, working with our advice work She is not entitled to any benefits as she is fit for work.  However she is at risk of homelessness as all her pay goes towards her rent.  Once she has paid rent and council tax she is left with £32 per week to cover all other bills.  We are supporting her by giving her access to our advice worker who is trying various ways to maximise her income.  Our employability worker is working with her to try and get her a job with guaranteed hours and we are giving her weekly food parcels to try and get her through to pay day

Top work Carol.