Reserves v Dundee United (away)

Mikey1874

17 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Keena penalty 1-0 

This laddie scores just about every week and can't get a start for the first team.

Levein said he is untried at top level 🤣🤣🤣. Hes git to start sometime or youll be saying that forever. Get him in the 1st team.

7 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

This laddie scores just about every week and can't get a start for the first team.

Levein said he is untried at top level 🤣🤣🤣. Hes git to start sometime or youll be saying that forever. Get him in the 1st team.

Levein is in attendance. Unfortunately for the lad it's not been his best showing. Hasn't done anything of note other than a great penalty 

17 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Scores goals, doesn't suit leveins philosophy

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Reports from reserve games, from guys on here who go, are not generally complimentary regarding Keena. I'd love to see him succeed at Hearts. 

9 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Struggles to control the ball and get any shot on target.

He is enthusiastic though. 

2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Reports from reserve games, from guys on here who go, are not generally complimentary regarding Keena. I'd love to see him succeed at Hearts. 

Games I've seen this season Keena hasn't picked up where he left off last season. Last season he looked very direct, firing in a lot of efforts and not like a striker we've had for a while. This season, he's not looked as sharp and lost a bit of his edge with goals mostly coming from the penalty spot (no bad thing from where Hearts were a while back!). I'd be delighted to see him stepping up and making a breakthrough but I'm honestly not surprised he hasn't been used much. All imo of course.

Lochee Jambo
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

That looks a strong United eleven.

Really? It includes 5 kids that have never played for the first team and fringe players.

16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Harkes got hooked after a bit of bad play led to Robbie going ballistic and hooking him during the Alloa hatch.

I see he had been rewarded by a game with the reserves.

And Harkes equalises with "screamer".

Mr Brightside
10 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Games I've seen this season Keena hasn't picked up where he left off last season. Last season he looked very direct, firing in a lot of efforts and not like a striker we've had for a while. This season, he's not looked as sharp and lost a bit of his edge with goals mostly coming from the penalty spot (no bad thing from where Hearts were a while back!). I'd be delighted to see him stepping up and making a breakthrough but I'm honestly not surprised he hasn't been used much. All imo of course.

I have only seen Keena in the first and unfortunately I have seen nothing to suggest he will make it at Hearts. Hope I am proven wrong.

Coburg Hearts
13 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Thanks for that. Hopefully he gets back on track again. Don't know why, but I have a sneaky feeling he will.....just a hunch.

35 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Yet to see him out in one performance that I was impressed with. That’s 0 out of roughly 7 or 8 

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yet to see him out in one performance that I was impressed with. That’s 0 out of roughly 7 or 8 

Yet some of the "experts" on here use the fact that CL leaves him out the starting line up as another reason to have a go at him. There are many legitimate reasons for having a go at Levein without making things up.

CloustonHMFC
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

My mate goes to a lot of the reserves games as they usually fall on his days off and he says he’s pretty pish.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Bking9 said:

Excluding penalties he hasn't actually scored many and performances have been fairly average for the reserves.

I hope he does well but it's a bit of a myth how well he's apparently doing in the reserve games.

9 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Yet some of the "experts" on here use the fact that CL leaves him out the starting line up as another reason to have a go at him. There are many legitimate reasons for having a go at Levein without making things up.

Because he is a better option up front than Clare or Ryo and he will never improve if he is stuck on the bench.

Or is he yet another Academy product that has stalled, never to make the grade as even a 4th choice back up in emergencies?*

*Token Levein Bash :)

StevenNaismith

The team played really well today until the final third. Despite getting on the scoresheet, Keena had quite a poor game. 

Was Keena not another who had quite a serious injury (knee?), middle or end of last season? So many injuries starting to lose track 🙄

1 hour ago, Bking9 said:

Sorry, but having watched him several times in the reserves, he's bang average there and doesn't look capable of stepping up to the first team. He's 20 years old so think if it was going to happen for him, it would have by now. He's not a kid any more. He's also played a dozen or so games for ROI youth sides and never scored, and hasn't made it into their U21 side either. These are all things that good young strikers should be doing.

Just back from game and Keena was getting pelters from Kirk. Not a good game for him today. We were definitely the better team but as mentioned earlier final 3rd was not the best. 

19 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Sorry, but having watched him several times in the reserves, he's bang average there and doesn't look capable of stepping up to the first team. He's 20 years old so think if it was going to happen for him, it would have by now. He's not a kid any more. He's also played a dozen or so games for ROI youth sides and never scored, and hasn't made it into their U21 side either. These are all things that good young strikers should be doing.

Ok. Was genuinely reading between the lines and basically just assuming. I also never felt the need to go into look at his record or history at international youth level. Although I seem to recall he was in form earlier in the season especially in the caramel waver cup, but if you guys are seeing him in the flesh game after game then I trust your judgement. Last thing we need is to put boys who aren't ready into that 1st team. That would suck the confidence right out them.

Footballfirst

In competitive games this season, Keena scored two against Albion Rovers and one against Cowdenbeath in the Challenge cup. He has also scored twice in the Reserve League, against Dunfermline and Dundee Utd., both from penalties.

3 hours ago, Bking9 said:

He is bang average and would need some improvement to be a first choice... thank god you have no input to team selection if you think so

Try watching football and the player rather than your little FIFA game

Seymour M Hersh

I've yet to see what is in Keena that some on here get so excited about. He's looked totally out his depth and a headless chicken any time I've seen him. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've yet to see what is in Keena that some on here get so excited about. He's looked totally out his depth and a headless chicken any time I've seen him. 

Probably knows how to play the strikers position better than s midfield player though which is what Levein tried with his tactical master stroke against Killie!! 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Because he is a better option up front than Clare or Ryo and he will never improve if he is stuck on the bench.

Or is he yet another Academy product that has stalled, never to make the grade as even a 4th choice back up in emergencies?*

If he is playing well, or even reasonably well, I would be all for him  getting his chance, but by all accounts he is not playing too well. With the toxic atmosphere currently it may not be a good Idea to throw him in, and his confidence can't be too high as it is. 

Hope he does get a decent chance, though, in better circumstances. *

* If good enough.

Edited by Coburg Hearts

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Probably knows how to play the strikers position better than s midfield player though which is what Levein tried with his tactical master stroke against Killie!! 

Doesn't look like it. He's got the touch of a baby elephant. Nowhere near ready (if he ever will be) for a first team run. I suspect posters like yourself would be on the boys back after 3 or 4 poor outings and blaming Levein for it. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Doesn't look like it. He's got the touch of a baby elephant. Nowhere near ready (if he ever will be) for a first team run. I suspect posters like yourself would be on the boys back after 3 or 4 poor outings and blaming Levein for it. 

I would rather see a proper striker playing than no strikers. I would even rather see MacLean playing and he is utter dugshite than Sean Clare and Meshino up top with not a clue what they are doing. That’s what I saw on Saturday and your right I do blame Levein and his barmy coach army!!! A joke of a management team. 

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I wouldn't class Keena as 'Academy product'.  He was signed aged 18 for the U20s from St Patrick's Athletic 2 years ago. 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I would rather see a proper striker playing than no strikers. I would even rather see MacLean playing and he is utter dugshite than Sean Clare and Meshino up top with not a clue what they are doing. That’s what I saw on Saturday and your right I do blame Levein and his barmy coach army!!! A joke of a management team. 

Hard to disagree. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

So your quite happy to potentially crucify a lads career when he is clearly not ready. Throwing him into an underperforming team of an horrific run. Well I for one an glad you are nowhere near the coaching set up. 

I said last season that keena isn’t much of a footballer but has an incredible shot on him and can be the exciting game changer with that in his armory. That is why people get excited by him- he Can score brilliant goals.

In reserve games wighton shows he has a brilliant footballing touch and footballing brain and completely outshines keena in every aspect except from his shooting abilities. 

I can’t wait for all those who’ve never been at a reserve game or have never played or coached at a decent level before to tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about 🤓

23 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So your quite happy to potentially crucify a lads career when he is clearly not ready. Throwing him into an underperforming team of an horrific run. Well I for one an glad you are nowhere near the coaching set up. 

So what are we doing to Clare and Meshino by playing them out of position??? Is that fair to them? 

At least Keena knows how to play the position. You do know he played in the first team and even scored for us last season yeah? If he is not ready now and the manager would rather play a midfielder then he will never be ready. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

So what are we doing to Clare and Meshino by playing them out of position??? Is that fair to them? 

At least Keena knows how to play the position. You do know he played in the first team and even scored for us last season yeah? If he is not ready now and the manager would rather play a midfielder then he will never be ready. 

Keena is nowhere near ready. 

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I might be wrong but wasn’t he part time at st Pats? 2 years of full time football means he has the same experience as most 18 year olds in Scotland. 

Writing him off at 20 is stupid, especially with the injuries he’s had. 

2 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Id have a go at anyone who leaves 2 strikers on the bench and plays 7 in midfield 

As for 3 at the back lets just leave that. 

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I might be wrong but wasn’t he part time at st Pats? 2 years of full time football means he has the same experience as most 18 year olds in Scotland. 

Writing him off at 20 is stupid, especially with the injuries he’s had. 

He will get more time at Hearts. 

Contract ends May 2020. Suspect it will up to him if he leaves or gets another year. 

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Rick he started with nearly every player out of position on saturday. Its no surprise they look clueless Mulraney wing back gees peace.

I looked at the team in the pub 6 of us all looking at each other ???????

clearly was the same in the dressing room!!

So Mikey was Paterson an academy product even though he signed at 16, what age determines an academy product when they turn out for first team.

Jamie Walker certainly is, not sure about anyone else, Hickey is I suppose just, so all that current investment for what?

He is fecking up Hickey from what I have watched last few games, £2m don't make me laugh.

Coburg Hearts
13 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Id have a go at anyone who leaves 2 strikers on the bench and plays 7 in midfield 

As for 3 at the back lets just leave that. 

No arguments from me on that score.

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He will get more time at Hearts. 

Contract ends May 2020. Suspect it will up to him if he leaves or gets another year. 

Yeah I’d say a one year extension with an option to extend it would be ideal. Hopefully no serious injuries in that time and we will be able to see what he’s got to offer. 

35 minutes ago, rick witter said:

also keena started the Scottish cup semi final against ict so was ready last season but not know