Reserves v Dundee United (away)

Mikey1874

Footballfirst

Leo Watson is Hearts only representative in the Scotland U17 side for their UEFA Qualifying group. The only other who might have been considered would have been Aaron Darge. Ryan Schiavone is still out injured and Jay King probably isn't playing as well as he can.

It also reflects that the Hearts U18s side has been struggling for results all season.

#SCO17s | Brian McLaughin has named his Under-17 squad for our upcoming qualifying round.
Armenia Tuesday, 22 October – 6pm
Iceland Friday, 25 October – 6pm
Croatia Monday, 28 October – 7.05pm
All matches are at@Stirling_Albion with free entry for all fans. #YoungTeam

Edited by Footballfirst

FF honest as ever, appreciated if I had said that would have got slaughtered, the super duper academy maybe not so.

Where is jig when you need him.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

FF honest as ever, appreciated if I had said that would have got slaughtered, the super duper academy maybe not so.

Where is jig when you need him.

The club has put a lot of resources into the academy, and while you can improve players with good coaching, there is nothing better than identifying, recruiting and retaining the best youngsters.  I thought that the U18s would do better this season given that the U16s reached their cup final last season. Injuries have played their part, but overall I had hoped for more from them.

There are a few individuals at each group that look a bit better than the rest and have a reasonable chance of staying the course, but the younger age groups collectively look to have better potential.

It's also noticeable from the squad above that the performance school (PS) pupils are fewer in number that in previous squads. That's mainly down to Hearts, Celtic and Rangers all having their own school links. 

maroonsgotop
6 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

Levein is in attendance. Unfortunately for the lad it's not been his best showing. Hasn't done anything of note other than a great penalty 

sounds similar to the Aberdeen cup tie

4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

He is bang average and would need some improvement to be a first choice... thank god you have no input to team selection if you think so

Try watching football and the player rather than your little FIFA game

Yeah I've been informed my pal. Well done on stating facts that everyone else on the thread have already stated 👍🏼.

Even if he is bang average, he's surely worth a punt in a team with no strikers? 

Obviously your the next pep so what's your thoughts on that? Or would you just play a 3-7-0 formation aswell? 

19 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

Yeah I've been informed my pal. Well done on stating facts that everyone else on the thread have already stated 👍🏼.

Even if he is bang average, he's surely worth a punt in a team with no strikers? 

Obviously your the next pep so what's your thoughts on that? Or would you just play a 3-7-0 formation aswell? 

Of course he is mate. He should be playing if we have nobody else or it’s the biggest lack of faith a manager could show. 

10 hours ago, rick witter said:

Of course he is mate. He should be playing if we have nobody else or it’s the biggest lack of faith a manager could show. 

Sometimes you only need one chance in the first team and if you take it you can earn yourself a contract. Don't get me wrong he must have been glad he didn't start at the weekend as we lack creating chances. Before you know if he'd be getting shot down in flames for not scoring.