John McGinn: Crushin' it at Villa

Deodato

5 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Get over it

Get over what? I didn’t like him when he played for Hibs, he is still viewed as a hero by Hibs fans and one day he may make them a lot of money.

I’ll get over none of that, thanks very much. **** him and **** Hibs. 

That’s what rivalry is all about. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Jamboelite

• Morgan

• been here before

McGinn is a headless chicken. Runs about a lot. Fans love him because it looks like he’s putting a shift in. Where in reality at a higher level he’s just killing himself and his team mates with stupid unnecessary pressing. Will never play at the top imo

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, JJ93 said:

He's a Scot isn't he? Seems to be a very good player playing at a high level.

Good luck to him! Maybe he can be one of the few talents the national team has and help us actually qualify for something.

I’m there as well and Keiran Tierney is in the same boat now. I don’t have to dislike them anymore and best of luck to both of them now they’re away from those cretinous teams. 
Scots lads and I wish them well now. 

been here before
29 minutes ago, Biguche said:

This.

Wtf had this got to do with Hearts? Highly suspicious of Deodato.

JadedFaintChafer-small.gif

A GIF lifted straight from Rangers Media and you've the cheek to be "suspicious" of anyone.

As for what it has to do with Hearts then not an awful lot but then if you could read and understand basic English you'd know it doesnt have to:

The Terrace

"For discussion of HMFC and football in general"

The guy has a face you wouldn't tire of slapping, however he is an outstanding talent, he is well ahead of his mate Grealish as well. 

I wouldnt judge him in a Scotland Shirt, it has a habit of making great players look utter dug shite.

55 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Nothing to do with McGinn ? I’m sure he has at least an opinion but more likely he has the final decision on where he plies his trade . 

Yes celtic tried to get him on the cheap

yes he’s an ugly hibs ****wit

but he’s playing in the top division in England and at present doing so very well and not taking the easy option that “ broonaldo” has done . 

Okay, my wording wasn’t great but had Celtic matched Villas offer he would have went to Parkhead without doubt.

However, I’m glad it didn’t work out like that and it’s great to see a Scottish player doing so well in the EPL. 

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Okay, my wording wasn’t great but had Celtic matched Villas offer he would have went to Parkhead without doubt.

However, I’m glad it didn’t work out like that and it’s great to see a Scottish player doing so well in the EPL. 

👍🏻👍🏻

Big Slim Stylee
55 minutes ago, Biguche said:

This.

Wtf had this got to do with Hearts? Highly suspicious of Deodato.

JadedFaintChafer-small.gif

Idiotic comment. Fortunately it's still a football forum where people occasionally discuss...you know....football things instead of doing nothing but hurling vile abuse around. I suggest you try it occasionally.

6 hours ago, Libertonian_II said:

WTF has he got to do with Hearts?

The Terrace, for discussing HMFC

and football in general. 

49 minutes ago, been here before said:

A GIF lifted straight from Rangers Media and you've the cheek to be "suspicious" of anyone.

As for what it has to do with Hearts then not an awful lot but then if you could read and understand basic English you'd know it doesnt have to:

The Terrace

"For discussion of HMFC and football in general"

Eh? Literally the first image result for "suspicious eyes". Dude... What you doing on Rangers Media?

Fair enough, general football chat is allowed. Still wouldn't catch me creating topics fawning over hobos

been here before
4 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Eh? Literally the first image result for "suspicious eyes". Dude... What you doing on Rangers Media?

Fair enough, general football chat is allowed. Still wouldn't catch me creating topics fawning over hobos

"Dude" Rangers Media is Scottish footballs answer to the cantina in Star Wars. Its a hive of scumm and villany and is unintentionally a brilliant charicature of hunnery.

You only ever read one website? One paper, only ever watch Hearts, dont discuss any other things in life...

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Yes he is much more further forward than he was at Hibs.

He has strength, vision and awareness and that is why he is shining through.

He may make Hibs money but you shouldn't deny his ability on that basis for Villa or Scotland.

I haven’t denied his ability at all, I said he hasn’t learned how to track back and defend which can be seen if you watched him for Hibs it or Scotland. May well be why his manager plays him further forward, to great effect.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I think he will be away regardless if Villa stay up or not.

They won’t have to sell if he is a big part of them staying up hopefully, unless a huge offer from a bigger team (not many of those) comes in.

• 2 months later...
On 06/10/2019 at 01:10, Sagan said:

Bolt. 

On 06/10/2019 at 01:12, Sagan said:

The fat arse is shite when he's up against the Jam Tarts. Pure shite's himself. 

Skitters running down his legs, the lot. 

This style of posting looks very familiar nowadays.

:qqb010:

On 06/10/2019 at 00:30, TheGoodLord said:

I got called a vermin troll for daring to say he was decent. We’ve lost our perspective on what a good footballer looks like. 

In fairness if you're watching Wighton, Whelan, Mulraney etc every week then it would be easy for the waters to get muddy re what a decent footballer looks like.

On 06/10/2019 at 09:37, Peebo said:

Get over what? I didn’t like him when he played for Hibs, he is still viewed as a hero by Hibs fans and one day he may make them a lot of money.

👌🏻

On 06/10/2019 at 10:16, Swanny17 said:

"Gone" to Parkhead.

On 06/10/2019 at 08:33, vegas-voss said:

Will make Ron millions

I can’t imagine that Sir Tom Farmer and Rod The Tache will have given up that right just because they sold the shares in Hibs. Contingent consideration and all that should mean it won’t be a windfall to Ron Gordon.

manaliveits105

Grossly over rated ceptic minded twat - he will be at darkheid to take over from guppy in the blink of an eye 

arse oot run in to opponent fall over will never get him to top level 

I'm surprised at how well he's done at Villa because I didn't rate him highly up here and he was incredibly poor for Scotland although he's got much better playing in a more advanced role and not getting on the ball as much and giving it away.

Willie Hamilton genius
12 hours ago, Whatever said:

I’m that kind o guy Fozzy

Just wishing him what Harry Cochrane attempted.

FTH

I've been a Hearts supporter since 1960, and we've always had some arsehole supporters. I'd like to think less than the evil twins.

This guy,though, should be seeing a psychiatrist.

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Totally agree. We missed the boat on that one, sadly. 

He would never have signed for us being from a weegie, Celtic minded family 

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Do you really think that would have been a factor ? 

I don't. 

100% Jonno. If given the choice of Hibs or us, he would always choose them.

His whole family are Celtic and see us as mini huns

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Do you really think that would have been a factor ? 

I don't. 

Neither do I.

That's not a good run, when you are less than three points off second bottom. 

Jack Grealish unlikely to be there after the transfer window as well. Slipping and sliding now. 

image.thumb.png.210a37f34210c83c62cbbf1b70fd638e.png

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

That's not a good run, when you are less than three points off second bottom. 

Jack Grealish unlikely to be there after the transfer window as well. Slipping and sliding now. 

image.thumb.png.210a37f34210c83c62cbbf1b70fd638e.png

6pts from 12 is quite a decent run.

I also doubt Grealish is going anywhere.

10 hours ago, red said:

The bitterness continues. Give credit where is due fs! The boy is brilliant! 

Dunno about brilliant .

But I dont care if he played for hibs .

I like when someone has been good in our leagues and does a job in arguably the best league in the world.

From a Hearts perspective we have been behind hibs when it has come to signing attacking midfielders.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Having heard him speak, he comes across as quite a level headed, intelligent bloke. 

Mind you, he did sign for Hibs :lol:

Are you ok mate?

Just usually see your name and hibs together with beautifully put together insults.

😜

On 05/10/2019 at 23:30, jonesy said:

Loved watching him fall on his fat arse when Cowie scored. Wee welt.

He looks a different player down there. Spent more time on his arse than his feet up here

On 06/10/2019 at 09:37, Peebo said:

This sums up my feelings perfectly. 

That, and he’s an ugly wee ***** too. 

Hopefully stays at villa til he retires and the vermin don’t make a penny off him. 

Stendelsarmy
40 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

This sums up my feelings perfectly. 

That, and he’s an ugly wee ***** too. 

Hopefully stays at villa til he retires and the vermin don’t make a penny off him. 

+1

Find this a very strange thread

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, jake said:

Dunno about brilliant .

But I dont care if he played for hibs .

I like when someone has been good in our leagues and does a job in arguably the best league in the world.

From a Hearts perspective we have been behind hibs when it has come to signing attacking midfielders.

They've had one standout (international quality) attacking midfielder in McGinn I can think of in the last 15 years. In the same period, we've had Hartley, Skacel and now arguably Steven Naismith as he has played deeper for us. They've had no-one as good as those players. Even Jamie Walker was a better attacking midfielder than everyone at Hibs the last few years outwith McGinn. Going back a bit have they ever had anyone as good as Colin Cameron in the last 30 years or so?

A lot of clubs probably regret not signing McGinn but Hibs paid the fee and took a chance and it paid off. We weren't in that financial position at the time.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, Zaba said:

6pts from 12 is quite a decent run.

I also doubt Grealish is going anywhere.

Maybe - its super tight this season. 

But out of the four fixtures (or twelve points) can you find me any easier games they will play this season? Southampton and (especially) Watford are also rock bottom. 

6 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Maybe - its super tight this season. 

But out of the four fixtures (or twelve points) can you find me any easier games they will play this season? Southampton and (especially) Watford are also rock bottom. 

Watford are in a ridiculously false position. That’s a tough game now - although it was still a bad result given the circumstances of how the match played out.

I think Villa would have been happy with 6/12 over the festive period (as would most teams, probably). It’s hectic and none of the games are “easy”. 

They may well go down, but it’s too close to say that anyone, with the possible exception of Norwich, are condemned.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

They've had one standout (international quality) attacking midfielder in McGinn I can think of in the last 15 years. In the same period, we've had Hartley, Skacel and now arguably Steven Naismith as he has played deeper for us. They've had no-one as good as those players. Even Jamie Walker was a better attacking midfielder than everyone at Hibs the last few years outwith McGinn. Going back a bit have they ever had anyone as good as Colin Cameron in the last 30 years or so?

A lot of clubs probably regret not signing McGinn but Hibs paid the fee and took a chance and it paid off. We weren't in that financial position at the time.

I wasnt going back as far as that.

Anyway I'm not going to stick up for them so wont get into it mate.

I shall accept my telling off from you .

😩

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He signed for the Muppets in July 2015, we had just romped the Championship.

We signed Juanma, Augustine, Rossi and wait for it, Juwon.

In September, we did sign a midfielder in Djoum, though.

I thought we should have been after McGinn at the time, but never for thought he would do so well for Villa.

So, has ended up way better than my expectations.

Had a 30% sell on deal with St Mirren, but undisclosed to Villa and signed a 5 year deal this year at Villa after a good first season.

Our Head Scout was too busy watching YouTube compilations of Nigerian wing backs to notice John McGinn at St Mirren. 

Our clubs recruitment over the past 5 years has been a joke.