John McGinn: Crushin' it at Villa

Deodato

Every time I watch Villa on MOTD, I find myself watching former Hobo John McGinn running the show. Playmaker with vision. Fast as f__k.

Was grabbing some end of week beers with a mate who is a Villa fan yesterday and this player is onto something big. His point: what you don't see in the highlights is his upper body strength, he's supposed to be impossible to tackle. A bit like Wayne Rooney - few people ever gave him credit for that part of his game. If Villa can get a proper run on, who knows where it could end up. 

If McGinn keeps up his form, who knows where he will end up. 

Deodato

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Jamboelite

• vegas-voss

• Deodato

He's a Scot isn't he? Seems to be a very good player playing at a high level.

Good luck to him! Maybe he can be one of the few talents the national team has and help us actually qualify for something.

3fingersreid

Good on him going south rather than the easy option of going west . Only downside is the tramps will get a big pay day if some bigger club move in for him 

4 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Good on him going south rather than the easy option of going west . Only downside is the tramps will get a big pay day if some bigger club move in for him 

The fact he went south is nothing to do with McGinn but everything to do with Celtic failing to stump up the cash.  Going west is exactly what the mutant wanted to do. 

No time for him whatsoever. Won’t kid anyone on that I hope he does well. Players like him make it increasingly difficult for me to feel anything positive for the national team. 

Edited by Juanjo

11 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Cheating little Hibs, hunchback *****. 

If we had even smarter he could have been a cheating little Jambo hunchback *****

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If we had even smarter he could have been a cheating little Jambo hunchback *****

And we need some otherwise-detestable  cheating little ***** in our team now.

Im a Villa fan and he is absolutely class. you may not like the Hibs connection but his ability is shining through in a very tough league.

Edited by Jamboelite

5 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

No time for him whatsoever. Won’t kid anyone on that I hope he does well. Players like him make it increasingly difficult for me to feel anything positive for the national team. 

Maroon glasses firmly on.

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Every time I watch Villa on MOTD, I find myself watching former Hobo John McGinn running the show. Playmaker with vision. Fast as f__k.

Was grabbing some end of week beers with a mate who is a Villa fan yesterday and this player is onto something big. His point: what you don't see in the highlights is his upper body strength, he's supposed to be impossible to tackle. A bit like Wayne Rooney - few people ever gave him credit for that part of his game. If Villa can get a proper run on, who knows where it could end up. 

If McGinn keeps up his form, who knows where he will end up. 

Deodato

He’s progressed fantastically well, he wouldn’t have at Celtic playing the same teams. I hope Villa stay up or Hibs might well get a healthy sell on fee.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Quite right.

The fat arse is shite when he's up against the Jam Tarts. Pure shite's himself. 

Skitters running down his legs, the lot. 

Edited by Sagan

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Why ?

That’s how a PHM thinks surely? Seriously though one of the reasons I went off the national team was I couldn’t support horrible ***** like Brown, days after watching him do his stuff against us. As I said i don't want  Hibs getting a sell on fee which depending on the ridiculous fees paid nowadays could be £5-10m.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He’s been very good, surprisingly shite for scotland

He can’t defend, he never did track back. He’s playing slightly further forward for Villa with little defensive responsibilities. As I’m sure our Villa fan would testify too?

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Great player in fairness

I got called a vermin troll for daring to say he was decent. We’ve lost our perspective on what a good footballer looks like. 

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He can’t defend, he never did track back. He’s playing slightly further forward for Villa with little defensive responsibilities. As I’m sure our Villa fan would testify too?

Yes he is much more further forward than he was at Hibs.

He has strength, vision and awareness and that is why he is shining through.

He may make Hibs money but you shouldn't deny his ability on that basis for Villa or Scotland.

Never played well against us but fair whack to him, he won Villas POTY last year and is killing it in the premiership this year. Think there is potentially a hint of because hes a Hibby he will always be shite with some of the comments. 

A fantastic footballer, Pains me how much Hibs may get on the sell on for him. Could be as much as 10 million they could receive. 

I’m not a fan of him but I certainly don’t hate him! Never really bothered us like Riordon or Griffiths did. 

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Yes he is much more further forward than he was at Hibs.

He has strength, vision and awareness and that is why he is shining through.

He may make Hibs money but you shouldn't deny his ability on that basis for Villa or Scotland.

He been utterly shite for Scotland. Him and McTominay.

A_A wehatethehibs

Banjo Boy is a terrific player to be fair to him. No hard feelings now good to see another Scot there in the Premiership we need to get back to the days where there were 2 or 3 scots in every team down there 

been here before

Fair play to him he's shown ambition and went away and tested himself at a higher lever rather than taking the cushy option of the weegie dollar.

3 hours ago, Libertonian_II said:

WTF has he got to do with Hearts?

2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

This 

Why does it need to have anything to do with Hearts?

Finlay James

McGinn is an example of a player who has made the best of what he has.  He's worked on his physique and fitness and as such, he looks a different player to the one who played for Hibs.  Good luck to him.

I wish we had signed him from St Mirren.

Holyrood_Hearts

Got to say he’s gone very well for himself down there & will definitely go on to bigger than Villa. 

Couldn’t care less about his Hibs connection tbh. At the moment Scotland don’t get the best out of him & that needs addressed.,

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, red said:

A fantastic footballer, Pains me how much Hibs may get on the sell on for him. Could be as much as 10 million they could receive. 

I’m not a fan of him but I certainly don’t hate him! Never really bothered us like Riordon or Griffiths did. 

Yeah it's easily as much as that now. Man Utd. took a very serious look this summer, and I know it's not difficult but he would have improved them. Same goes for Arsenal. 

15 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Got to say he’s gone very well for himself down there & will definitely go on to bigger than Villa. 

Couldn’t care less about his Hibs connection tbh. At the moment Scotland don’t get the best out of him & that needs addressed.,

I was about to post something similar. Looks a stand out at Villa, playing with pace, power, energy. Basically how Scotland as a team should play. Comes into the Scotland team and gets asked to pass the ball to the full backs and knock the ball around the back in a slow methodical fashion. 

3 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

Remember, whatever the vermin get in sell on fee, they need to give 30% of it to St Mirren. 

That was when Hibs sold him to Villa.

Not applicable to every sale thereafter 😂

Lads done well. Not sure why folk harbour such negativity or even care that much. Good for the Scotland team is how we should all look at it.

He runs like hes about to get on a helicopter is still the best description for him though....

:rofl:

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Fair play to him. He’s a talent for sure  . Unfortunately he will definitely make the hobos millions in a sell on

Will make Ron millions

4 minutes ago, The Merse said:

That was when Hibs sold him to Villa.

Not applicable to every sale thereafter 😂

Depending on whatever Hibby happens to speak to you about the sell on they now have it ranges from 10% to 30% 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s progressed fantastically well, he wouldn’t have at Celtic playing the same teams. I hope Villa stay up or Hibs might well get a healthy sell on fee.

I think he will be away regardless if Villa stay up or not.

3fingersreid
9 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

The fact he went south is nothing to do with McGinn but everything to do with Celtic failing to stump up the cash.  Going west is exactly what the mutant wanted to do. 

Nothing to do with McGinn ? I’m sure he has at least an opinion but more likely he has the final decision on where he plies his trade . 

Yes celtic tried to get him on the cheap

yes he’s an ugly hibs ****wit

but he’s playing in the top division in England and at present doing so very well and not taking the easy option that “ broonaldo” has done . 

25 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

WTF has this forum become?

This.

Wtf had this got to do with Hearts? Highly suspicious of Deodato.

JadedFaintChafer-small.gif

3 minutes ago, Biguche said:

This.

Wtf had this got to do with Hearts? Highly suspicious of Deodato.

JadedFaintChafer-small.gif

Why?