"I wish I hadn't renewed"

bighusref

As last season deteriorated and the team that had finished second just two years ago was being dismantled, many on here were very unhappy as to how things were going. To the extent that many stated that they would not get a season ticket for the coming season until a manager is appointed.

This continued up until around about the last renewal date approached, when it was replaced with "I wish I hadn't renewed".

Now, I didn't get a season ticket, I had told the missus in October last year (the farce that was Killie away) that if no manager was forthcoming we would not need to find cash for a season ticket. That is not the right or the wrong thing to do, it was simply my choice.

What confounds me, is what is so wrong with the club today that was not wrong with the club last month? What made some of you go to Tynecastle and say "yep, I want one of those season tickets please" and how has that changed?

Misplaced belief that Romanov would come good on the Jan 1st statement.

For what it is worth, I also haven't renewed.

Maroon Mayhem
As last season deteriorated and the team that had finished second just two years ago was being dismantled, many on here were very unhappy as to how things were going. To the extent that many stated that they would not get a season ticket for the coming season until a manager is appointed.

This continued up until around about the last renewal date approached, when it was replaced with "I wish I hadn't renewed".

Now, I didn't get a season ticket, I had told the missus in October last year (the farce that was Killie away) that if no manager was forthcoming we would not need to find cash for a season ticket. That is not the right or the wrong thing to do, it was simply my choice.

What confounds me, is what is so wrong with the club today that was not wrong with the club last month? What made some of you go to Tynecastle and say "yep, I want one of those season tickets please" and how has that changed?

One word - habit.

I did think long and hard about not renewing but eventually decided it didn't set a good example to my kids at 10 and 7 if I wandered off when the going got tough.

Really just personal choice, I don't blame anyone for not renewing.

Guest jambomickey

i'll always be there to support the team but i'll not buy anything with the ukio bankas logo on it and i'll have a anti vlad flag at every single game

I like the whole matchday experience & didn't want to give up that just because we are crap.

However, with each passing day, I am convinced that we will see the end of the club as we know it. With each passing day, I become more & more frustrated when it becomes apparent that there will be no decent manager after all.

It's just ALL bad.

What confounds me, is what is so wrong with the club today that was not wrong with the club last month?

- a 6 month wait for a manager as opposed to a 5 month wait?

- a team who has started pre-season without a manager as opposed to a team who were hopeful to have a manager in place prior to pre-season??

- numerous failed / rejected attempts at appointing a manager in the last month??

- lack of any signing activity whatsoever (linked to lack of manager)??

Take yer pick really....

Why not just pay at the gate? That way it sends a message and you still get to stay in the habit of following the team.

Nothing had changed between January 1st and the end of renewal date, only a few names banded about which amounted to diddly, we should have used ST sales to wake up VR. (if thats possible)

However I understand and in a small way admire people who have renewed.

yvonnejambo

I have renewed and did think about it before I did. I was hopijng that something postive would happen over the summer but can see that it aint likely. I do sort of regret renewing as maybe it would be wise to have held off to try a propmt some change at the club, but on the other hand Im already bored without football to go to and cant imagine not being there.

All I know at the moment is yes I miss the football atmosphere and meeting up with the crew but I cant say Im looking forward to watching some more poor quality players and no one with any spirit or passion for Heart of Midlothian Football Club standing in the dug out or on the field.

JamboJimmyB

I suspect a big factor was fans not wanting to lose the seats they had occupied in past seasons.

I chose not to renew and have expressed my dissapointment on JKB at those who were unhappy about the situation and yet renewed.

Not buying season tickets was the ONLY way we could send some sort of immediate message to Romanov. Whether he chose to ignore it, is not the point.

As previously stated not buying a season ticket does not exclude you from going to games.

Yes, i'm sure mr romanov will be really gutted at folk choosing to pay at the gate (a method which actually makes him MORE money) rather than renew their season tickets......

Derby Dominance
I suspect a big factor was fans not wanting to lose the seats they had occupied in past seasons.

I chose not to renew and have expressed my dissapointment on JKB at those who were unhappy about the situation and yet renewed.

Not buying season tickets was the ONLY way we could send some sort of immediate message to Romanov. Whether he chose to ignore it, is not the point.

As previously stated not buying a season ticket does not exclude you from going to games.

The ONLY way?

I don't think so. More like the cowards way. Tell everyone you made a stand whilst saving yourself 400 bucks. Wow - that must have been a real hardship.

The ONLY way?

I don't think so. More like the cowards way. Tell everyone you made a stand whilst saving yourself 400 bucks. Wow - that must have been a real hardship.

Well said!

But then on top of that, just go along to the games anyway and pay at the gate, so therefore not actually making any stand at all and in fact actually paying MORE for your seat than those pesky "renewers".....

- a 6 month wait for a manager as opposed to a 5 month wait?

I would argue that the larger number was the larger concern

- a team who has started pre-season without a manager as opposed to a team who were hopeful to have a manager in place prior to pre-season??

Just like last year?

- numerous failed / rejected attempts at appointing a manager in the last month??

I am not certain, but I think that Levein, McGhee and Weiss had turned us down before the renewal date.

- lack of any signing activity whatsoever (linked to lack of manager)??

That is correct, is that enough to exclaim that you wish you hadn't renewed though?

Take yer pick really....

Not much really....

It depends

Are people saying "I wish I hadnt renewed" because they cant bear to think about going to watch a continuation (or worsening) of the football we played last season

Or are they realising that it would have been a good way of protesting.

Nothing has changed for me other than I just hope we are getting closer to the stage where the fans are becoming more unified

Not much really....

You asked me whats got worse in the last month. I gave you 4 good examples.

You asked me whats got worse in the last month. I gave you 4 good examples.

No you didn't. You gave me things that were bad BEFORE a month ago. By your rationale it is worse now than it was when you posted it ten minutes ago.

jambos are go!

I renewed as always because I'm a Hearts supporter. Same magic when I got the new ST in my hands.

virgilhiltz
I renewed as always because I'm a Hearts supporter. Same magic when I got the new ST in my hands.

And every ST bought is a nail in the coffin of our great club.....well done.

:o

PresidentRomanov

:dontgetit:

No you didn't. You gave me things that were bad BEFORE a month ago. By your rationale it is worse now than it was when you posted it ten minutes ago.

The things i listed were ones which WILL get worse with time. The longer the "hunt" for a manger goes on - the worse it will get, therefore a 6 month hunt is worse than a 5 month hunt.

Regarding starting pre-season training, we were told within the last month that we were still hoping to have a new manager / coach in place. The fact we've now started pre-season training makes us worse off now than we were when we said we'd have someone in place prior to pre-season training started.

In the last month, we've had the Weiss capers, along with the recent Rober interview have further fuelled the "noone will touch us with a bargepole" argument - again, worse than this time last month.

And as far as signings go, the longer we wait, the less likely we are to get the players we'd like to have gotten.

Things at the start of July are worse than they were at the start of June. I really dont think you can argue against that.

Okay, I'll bite. Not that you're trying to rile anyone with that comment or anything. :biggrin:

Do the rest of us a favour and explain exactly what you mean by that....

virgilhiltz

Buying a ST is an implicit show of support for the megalomanic psyco.

We need him out, not giving him the financial support will hurt him where it hurts.

The things i listed were ones which WILL get worse with time. The longer the "hunt" for a manger goes on - the worse it will get, therefore a 6 month hunt is worse than a 5 month hunt.

Regarding starting pre-season training, we were told within the last month that we were still hoping to have a new manager / coach in place. The fact we've now started pre-season training makes us worse off now than we were when we said we'd have someone in place prior to pre-season training started.

In the last month, we've had the Weiss capers, along with the recent Rober interview have further fuelled the "noone will touch us with a bargepole" argument - again, worse than this time last month.

And as far as signings go, the longer we wait, the less likely we are to get the players we'd like to have gotten.

Things at the start of July are worse than they were at the start of June. I really dont think you can argue against that.

That was why I added the last sentence of my last reply. Three of the four issues you brought up are far from new, only the absence of new players I would concede. In many walks of life, unresolved problems get worse.

Do the above suggested reasons lead me to believe that those that renewed, renewed EXPECTING all of the above to be resolved and within such a short period of time or they will want their money back?

Oh, and when it comes to the actual season ticket thing. Nothing has really changed for me to be honest BigH. I'm a step closer to losing the rag completely with that mentalist who owns our club but that still doesn't make me regret having renewed; somehow I still manage to see my attendance at matches and my criticism of the way the club is run as two completely different things. I don't support Vladimir, I support Hearts - so in a way its about me keeping my end of the bargain as a supporter and turning up to do what I'm supposed to do.

My concession to the things that have been happening is that I haven't actually yet picked it up. Does that get me any more brownie points with the 'nail in coffin of our club' types?

:biggrin:

PresidentRomanov

We need him out, not giving him the financial support will hurt him where it hurts.

mod delete I'm not even going to bother :)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
That was why I added the last sentence of my last reply. Three of the four issues you brought up are far from new, only the absence of new players I would concede. In many walks of life, unresolved problems get worse.

Do the above suggested reasons lead me to believe that those that renewed, renewed EXPECTING all of the above to be resolved and within such a short period of time or they will want their money back?

Nothing has changed. A respected manager who was interviewed for the job has publicly stated that Vlad's meddling has put him off. Somehow, that has got people deciding that they have now had enough. Why certain people have to choose now and not at any time over the last three years is what you should be asking. The very real expectation now of starting the new season with a complete puppet in "charge" of the team is now almost upon us. So, people who formerly had all the smartarse responses to any critique of Vlad suddenly want to know what can be done to avert a possible catastrophe in the new season.

Its a bit late, frustrating and typical of the traditional inertia of Hearts supporters.

But I hope for HMFC's sake that the whole support can unite NOW.

Gigolo-Aunt

Its all rather depressing.

Whilst other teams have signed and sold, and are using the pre-season to get fitness up, bond the new players in to the squad - and implementing the thoughts of the managemet/coaching staff on how they want to be set up this season,we are stuck without a leader to do the above.

Pre-season is SO crucial to the new football season.

It really is ****ing basics. But if the basics are not there - you will not realise potential and will struggle.

It should have been fixed, it should have been a new start for the club - everyone pulling in the right direction.

A clean slate for all.

Season ticket?

Bought a long time ago, god knows how the season will shape up.

Nothing has changed. A respected manager who was interviewed for the job has publicly stated that Vlad's meddling has put him off. Somehow, that has got people deciding that they have now had enough. Why certain people have to choose now and not at any time over the last three years is what you should be asking. The very real expectation now of starting the new season with a complete puppet in "charge" of the team is now almost upon us. So, people who formerly had all the smartarse responses to any critique of Vlad suddenly want to know what can be done to avert a possible catastrophe in the new season.

Its a bit late, frustrating and typical of the traditional inertia of Hearts supporters.

But I hope for HMFC's sake that the whole support can unite NOW.

I dont think renewing or not renewing made a slightest bit of difference to Romanov. As someone has already said the folk who intend to pay at the gate are either lining Romanov's pockets even more than ST holders or are indulging in some kind of moral crusade while saving themselves cash by not going to the games at all.

There will be more chance of a united Hearts support if folk like yourself and BH stop trying to pick a fight with folk who have done no more wrong than support their team.

that's because you haven't a clue like your wee pal romanov who is only interested in bleeding our club dry.

you just don't care about the harm that has/is being done to the hearts.

Ray Winstone

Thats right - if it all goes tits up then there its not Romanov's fault - its the fans who wanted to go and watch their team play on a saturday.

By far the most moronic response to this farce has been "its clearly the fans that buy season tickets that are at fault"

Might as well blame renewals for 3rd world poverty while we are at it.

PresidentRomanov
that's because you haven't a clue like your wee pal romanov who is only interested in bleeding our club dry.

you just don't care about the harm that has/is being done to the hearts.

Talking of idiots, it's scary Mitch :raisehair:

Talking of idiots, it's scary Mitch :raisehair:

how many days is it before u stop posting here for good? :)

I'm hurt and depressed at what's going on these days.

But not going to watch Hearts every week would make me far more hurt and depressed.

peebles jambo

i bought because if we dont go, then vlad will go, then we will go(to the wall), it's catch 22 and mad fud knows it

i'm far from happy though, we're a joke

portobellojambo1

Disagree totally.

I do understand why those that have not renewed have come to that conclusion, but I think it is clear that Romanov is not fussy how many renew or not.

If he was concerned about the number of renewals then a manager would be in place and we would be reading about potential new signings and details about the players we hoped would leave actually leaving. But none of that has happened, he appears to be continuing with promoting his way of doing things, because he believes it is right, and while he believes it is right nothing else matters to him. It may well be a cultural thing, he was brought up in 1960's-70's Soviet Union where people did what they were told by the person at the top without question, or they were crushed, he was brought up in an era where communication with the masses was unknown, silence was the order of the day. To get Romanov to change we somehow have to get inside his head and change him, affecting the amount of loose change in his pocket appears to have achieved nothing.

I renewed, but not because I support Vladimir Romanov, far from it. I haven't even posted on any of the threads on here re. renewal/non renewal, because it is a personal decision for each individual, and (a) I had no right to try and influence anyone to renew and (B) they had no right to try and influence me not to renew, not that I would have taken their opinion on board anyway.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I dont think renewing or not renewing made a slightest bit of difference to Romanov. As someone has already said the folk who intend to pay at the gate are either lining Romanov's pockets even more than ST holders or are indulging in some kind of moral crusade while saving themselves cash by not going to the games at all.

There will be more chance of a united Hearts support if folk like yourself and BH stop trying to pick a fight with folk who have done no more wrong than support their team.

Me and BH do support the team. What do you mean by that?

Anyway, thats by the by, as you see in the last sentence of my post I am hoping that the whole support will unite. The fact that so many refused for so long to believe Vlad was harming us is what sickens us. But now they have all of a sudden seen the light? I hope so.

jambos are go!

There can never be any unity behind a plan that asks Hearts Fans to stop supporting Hearts in any form. That's why the planned boycott fell flat on its face.

CornhillHearts

Who cares a donald duck that you have not bought a season ticket and I was at Kilmarnock, why do some posters on this forum think they are beyond reproach.

I do understand why those that have not renewed have come to that conclusion, but I think it is clear that Romanov is not fussy how many renew or not.

If he was concerned about the number of renewals then a manager would be in place and we would be reading about potential new signings and details about the players we hoped would leave actually leaving. But none of that has happened, he appears to be continuing with promoting his way of doing things, because he believes it is right, and while he believes it is right nothing else matters to him. It may well be a cultural thing, he was brought up in 1960's-70's Soviet Union where people did what they were told by the person at the top without question, or they were crushed, he was brought up in an era where communication with the masses was unknown, silence was the order of the day. To get Romanov to change we somehow have to get inside his head and change him, affecting the amount of loose change in his pocket appears to have achieved nothing.

Neither agreeing or disagreeing with you PJ1, but you could easily argue that there wasn't a significant enough reduction in ST's to make him sit up and take notice. Of course, there's every chance that he's such an egomaniac that if none of us renewed it wouldn't make a blind bit of diference. However you could easily argue that a reduction of a third (based on the 9,000 figure) wasn't significant enough a number for him to change. Maybe it was a 50% reduction, maybe 75% etc.

Either way, I'm glad I tried the only method I could to try and send him a mesage. Doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else (and I'll still go to the games) but I only see two things of importance to Vlad - money and ego. Tareting those things are the only way we can make any form of protest IMHO.

Independence
I like the whole matchday experience & didn't want to give up that just because we are crap.

However, with each passing day, I am convinced that we will see the end of the club as we know it. With each passing day, I become more & more frustrated when it becomes apparent that there will be no decent manager after all.

It's just ALL bad.

GET A GRIP for goodness sake.

virgilhiltz
Disagree totally.

I renewed, but not because I support Vladimir Romanov, far from it. I haven't even posted on any of the threads on here re. renewal/non renewal, because it is a personal decision for each individual, and (a) I had no right to try and influence anyone to renew and (B) they had no right to try and influence me not to renew, not that I would have taken their opinion on board anyway.

Not giving him the money up front is not quite the same as pay at the gate.

Not advocating a boycott, choose to pay at the gate.

Too many renewed to keep their fav seat etc etc......unbelievable.....There should have been a total boycott of ST sales.........but fans still paying at the gate......would have worked wonders.......now Romanov is still laughing his tits off at us.......:mad:

portobellojambo1
Neither agreeing or disagreeing with you PJ1, but you could easily argue that there wasn't a significant enough reduction in ST's to make him sit up and take notice. Of course, there's every chance that he's such an egomaniac that if none of us renewed it wouldn't make a blind bit of diference. However you could easily argue that a reduction of a third (based on the 9,000 figure) wasn't significant enough a number for him to change. Maybe it was a 50% reduction, maybe 75% etc.

Either way, I'm glad I tried the only method I could to try and send him a mesage. Doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else (and I'll still go to the games) but I only see two things of importance to Vlad - money and ego. Tareting those things are the only way we can make any form of protest IMHO.

I just get the impression that it has gone beyond money to him now Zico, and feel he is trying to make some sort of a statement, I am tempted to use the phrase political statement but I don't think that is the right wording. I genuinely believe that he thinks his way is right, which is possibly more worrying than if his only concern was money. If his only concern was money he would change you would assume, because it would be in his financial interest to have Hearts being successful on the park, because successful football teams tend to generate more money and raise people's profiles, whether you be a player, the manager or the owner. But that doesn't seem to bother him now either, he wants to run things his way, and will stick to his known way of doing things rigidly.

He may have looked at things differently if there had been a united front in relation to non ST purchase, but there again the reality is we actually know so little about him it is difficult to tell how he would have reacted, and it is something that was never going to happen anyway.

janie jones

Wouldn't make a judgement either way on those who renewed and those who didn't but I agree with those who say that its gone beyond money for Vlad.

It always has been and will always will be about his need for control and I can't see any long term change in how he operates. I don't think it is melodramatic to fear for the future of the club. We are in a spiralling declining mess and it'll take more than a manager with 100% control of the footballing side to fix it IMO. It seems everytime we think this is the worse it can get that there is another level we reach.

You could look at those 9000 who have renewed in a different way, from a protest point of view, as there will be a sizeable amount of fans going to home games who are very unlikely to put up with the crap of last season. This means if there are protests in and around the ground there are 9000 people who have a financial investment in getting involved as well as an emotional investment.

Yes, i'm sure mr romanov will be really gutted at folk choosing to pay at the gate (a method which actually makes him MORE money) rather than renew their season tickets......

(yawn) I have been over this several times in the last two years. It takes until late March or April before he gets more money.

The Baldmans Comb

Don't renew and allows yourself to be made a complete and utter fool of with the endless lies and misinformation but do turn up every week and pay at the gate and support this great club.

For me it really is that simple if you want to retain some self respect as a person but each to there own of course.

Who cares a donald duck that you have not bought a season ticket and I was at Kilmarnock, why do some posters on this forum think they are beyond reproach.

You are a strange little boy aren't you. You seem to be full of anger, and aim it at all and sundry on here. I would try anger management if I were you, or you could start being a lover and not a fighter, gies a cuddle man! :)

Who cares about me? Well, hopefully nobody on here does anything that another says, hopefully they all make their own mind up.

All was interested in was the change in stance of many supporters on here. I never said that they were wrong or right, just that I was interested to know what had actually changed since renewal date. As a starter for 10, I told others my personal stance. A stance that I reinforced by saying that it was my personal choice and was neither the right nor the wrong thing to do.

As for reproach, I welcome criticism :)

Come on, give me that hug!!!

I had reservations about renewing but I did. If Im honest, the thought of recruiting Mcghee and him brining the good times back did play a part in that.

I now regret renewing - reasons are :

1) the January anouncement was, in my opinion, a lie

2) treatment of Frail by the club is a disgrace

3) I expect influx of sub standard Eastern Europeans to continue

4) respected managers are not interested because of Vlad's planned meddling

5) the club has lost its identity and does not treat anyone with respect

6) we have become a sporting laughing stock

7) the players are either not good enough or do not care

8) young players that have come through the set up want to leave - I believe that is because of the way the club is run

9) football decisions eg Velicka and now Pinilla defy logic

10) Vlad treats the fans like keech

11) I thought I would be better placed to effect change at Hearts by having "invested" in the dream. I know now Vlad is not interested in my views or that of anyone else who has bought a season ticket/shares etc

Theres more but I struggle to remember all the times Ive been let down over the last two years or so. Its only the social side that I would regret not having at this present time.

I really hope it all changes so that I can enjoy being a Hearts man again but that seems like a distant hope today.

I asked the club whether I could get a refund today. And I cant.

CornhillHearts

Full of anger me not at all, i am hurting at the state our club is in especially when it can be so easily fixed, cannot see how not buying a season ticket helps but its your shout.

Do not go in for hugging with k***backers as they are not representative of any Hearts fans i know.

Full of anger me not at all, i am hurting at the state our club is in especially when it can be so easily fixed, cannot see how not buying a season ticket helps but its your shout.

Do not go in for hugging with k***backers as they are not representative of any Hearts fans i know.

I find your last statement strange, as the Hearts fans that I know that don't use this board (or any other tbh) still have the same issues.

Your statement about it being "so easily fixed" is common place on here and amongst non kickbackers.

Having said that, I don't know the Hearts fans you know....

Archived