Was it all worth a Scottish Cup?

H.A.N.S

and 2 Champion's League qualifiers? For all continual embarrassment and slow destruction we have witnessed the last 3 years?

I believe now that the end isn't far away. This whole charade since that w@nk?r took over has just turned out to be a stay of execution. I'd rather be at Murrayfield with 7'000 watching a young team who have the heart and desire to play for the club. They'd probably actually beat the bunch of nobodies that swan about Riccarton nowadays.

Next season, for those unfortunate enough to have renewed, will be heart wrenching. Atmosphere will be very average as will attendences I feel. Not to mention watching the cream of Kaunas and Ripo will be soul destroying.

and 2 Champion's League qualifiers? For all continual embarrassment and slow destruction we have witnessed the last 3 years?

I believe now that the end isn't far away. This whole charade since that w@nk?r took over has just turned out to be a stay of execution. I'd rather be at Murrayfield with 7'000 watching a young team who have the heart and desire to play for the club. They'd probably actually beat the bunch of nobodies that swan about Riccarton nowadays.

Next season, for those unfortunate enough to have renewed, will be heart wrenching. Atmosphere will be very average as will attendences I feel. Not to mention watching the cream of Kaunas and Ripo will be soul destroying.

So, you think we were better off under Robinson???

The way things have panned out I wish we were at Murrayfield now but don't think Robinson was much better. They are both a disasters for Hearts.

Cos that's the major concern, obviously. When is 'we were worse off under the Pieman' going to stop being an excuse for any crap Romanov pulls?

And I think yes, we were better off under CPR, ****** though he was.

Romanov will push into liquidation which I don't believe for a second the Pieman would have done.

Technically, we were. On the field we were always higher up the league and off the field the debt was smaller. I honestly don't understand why Vlad gets alot more leeway than Robinson did.

In all honesty - I dont think we were any worse under the Pieman.

Spitonastranger

i will be there supporting my team, this is not i'm a better fan than you, i support HMFC. supporting them for 40 years i have seen dire times and poor teams. Winning the cup and finishing second is a great memory, it is irrelevant to the current state of play, i wish peolpe would stop whinging, support your team or dont:confused:

Cos that's the major concern, obviously. When is 'we were worse off under the Pieman' going to stop being an excuse for any crap Romanov pulls?

And I think yes, we were better off under CPR, ****** though he was.

Romanov will push into liquidation which I don't believe for a second the Pieman would have done.

Are you serious, he was going to sell our biggest asset:confused::confused::confused: I think the club is far more financially secure now that it was under Robinson.

It's playing matters that need to be resolved

Technically, we were. On the field we were always higher up the league and off the field the debt was smaller. I honestly don't understand why Vlad gets alot more leeway than Robinson did.

Perhaps the few thousands miles might make the difference??

Are you serious, he was going to sell our biggest asset:confused::confused::confused: I think the club is far more financially secure now that it was under Robinson.

I am rubbing my eyes to make sure I am reading this properly.

Were we????

Yes, and its the playing matters which lead me to believe we're worse off now than we were under the pie man.

Being a football club, i think the "playing matters" are up there amongst the highest of priorities in terms of success.

No, not kidding at all. Under CPR we had a far smaller debt which would have been cleared if we'd sold Tynie. Now we could sell the land twice over and still be in debt.

Plus the debt is so massive that no-one could ever buy Romanov out as the Pieman was bought out and Romanov has demonstrated time and again that he's not a real Jambo, does not have the interests of the club even slightly at heart and is a liar to boot. I mean, so was the Pieman, but at least it was plausible that someone could buy him out.

So I presume it's you that's not being serious?

It's one of the many things, yes.

Perhaps the few thousands miles might make the difference??

Eh? He's further away so that's alright? :confused:

Were we????

As an average over the period in charge? Eh, yes.

Or are you saying the one season when the great start under Burley combined with a weak, weak OF allowed us to stagger into second is better than all those third places under the Fat Controller?

I read that as well. Maybe if he moved to Australia that would make him a really great owner? :D

No, not kidding at all. Under CPR we had a far smaller debt which would have been cleared if we'd sold Tynie. Now we could sell the land twice over and still be in debt.

Plus the debt is so massive that no-one could ever buy Romanov out as the Pieman was bought out and Romanov has demonstrated time and again that he's not a real Jambo, does not have the interests of the club even slightly at heart and is a liar to boot. I mean, so was the Pieman, but at least it was plausible that someone could buy him out.

So I presume it's you that's not being serious?

It's one of the many things, yes.

I think you will find the level of debt is almost the same as when VR took over, the bank were forcing us out of our home.

I am not excusing Romanov, but some seem to have deleloped false memory sydrome regarding Robinson

Yes the memories of that wonderful few months with Brellier and Bednar and Jankauskas and Webster and Craig Gordon and that wonderful jewel Rudi Skacel and the Cup are still worth all the rubbish since then.

I read that as well. Maybe if he moved to Australia that would make him a really great owner? :D

I think what was meant was that it was easier to speak out against / take action against CPR when he lived just up the road as opposed to someone who is thousands of miles away....

Why????

Because it's demonstrably not the case?

Our previous debt would ahve been cleared in total by the sale of Tynecastle, our primary asset.

Our current debt would not be cleared by the sale of Tynecastle, our primary asset.

Essentially our continuing existence as a football club relies on the whim of a capricious owner who has demonstrated repeatedly that he has little cogent idea what he's doing.

The current position is, therefore, a worse financial situation by a considerable distance.

Why????

All that is happening is we are being allowed to get further and further in debt whilst he is thousands of miles away. Under Pieman we could always cover our borrowings. I am going to take a stab in the dark and say you've never studied accounts or business management.

Where did I say it's alright, it was easier to let CPR know how we felt because he had to face us every day

Peter Olivers Army

The original question is an interesting one.

Can I ask another? How many of you felt as good after 'beating' Gretna as you did about beating the huns in '98?

On the plus side of that event alone, at least we one it, I suppose. But I don't remember being overly proud of the fact we scraped a penalties win.

Still, better than the hobos have managed.:107years:

But at least my club came closer to real glory than at any time in the 40 years I've followed them. And the feelings on the famous rollercoaster may never be repeated.

For that alone, yes it was worth it.

I think you will find the level of debt is almost the same as when VR took over, the bank were forcing us out of our home.

Em, I think you'll find it isn't. There's a difference of many millions of pounds, sufficient such that selling Tynecastle would no longer clear our debt.

I am not excusing Romanov, but some seem to have deleloped false memory sydrome regarding Robinson

I agree - some people do. ;)

:eek:

I think what was meant was that it was easier to speak out against / take action against CPR when he lived just up the road as opposed to someone who is thousands of miles away....

Spot on

In correct, you can only go on published accounts which has us at circa ?36M in debt, far far far far far far far far worse than the pieman. Vlad is definitely in fact the worst owner in the history of HMFC

What I meant was why can't people see what an arse Vlad is? People weren't slow to say what a total fud Robinson was but with Vlad it's a slow, slow process. Even on this thread we have one person telling us what a great job he's done with the finances! It's incredible.

Ah OK - I misunderstood. Apologies Lou.

I don't think that's a very strong argument, mind, given that he continues to get a free ride compared to the Pieman even when he deigns to turn up.

All that is happening is we are being allowed to get further and further in debt whilst he is thousands of miles away. Under Pieman we could always cover our borrowings. I am going to take a stab in the dark and say you've never studied accounts or business management.

So why were we selling out stadium???:confused:

Guest jambomickey

robinson got us into trouble and romanov is getting us into deeper trouble! so in my opinion they both to blame

In correct, you can only go on published accounts which has us at circa ?36M in debt, far far far far far far far far worse than the pieman. Vlad is definitely in fact the worst owner in the history of HMFC

Yes, But I am hopeful Gordons and Bednars transfer fees will have made a dent in that

So why we we selling out stadium???:confused:

When? We were selling our stadium to cover our extant borrowings and leave us debt free.

Nowadays we can't do that because our assets in total are worth less than our existing debt so selling the ground would leave us still massively in the hole.

Ah OK - I misunderstood. Apologies Lou.

I don't think that's a very strong argument, mind, given that he continues to get a free ride compared to the Pieman even when he deigns to turn up.

I let CPR know my feelings and I will endeavour to do the same with VR.

When? We were selling our stadium to cover our extant borrowings and leave us debt free.

Nowadays we can't do that because our assets in total are worth less than our existing debt so selling the ground would leave us still massively in the hole.

None of us know the current value of the stadium as none of us know the true level of debt, so you cannot say that is the case

The thing is, making a CPR vs Vlad comparison / argument / debate solves nothing..... at the end of the day, they are both fud's.

What we need to do now is mover forward and decide what happens next..... comparing against the pieman era is just dwelling on the past.

So why we we selling out stadium???:confused:

To be debt free and start again from scratch at Murrayfield.

It's like you being 5k in debt but you have a 6k car and various savings accounts with 30k. By selling your car you could stop the problems there and still have all your savings. But you ignore the demands and let the interest accumulate even more. Years later it's now 37k and even by selling your car and cashing in all your savings you can't cover the money. By now you are wishing you had paid it off years ago.

The sale would have paid off all our debts and we wouldn't even have had to sell a player. Now to cover the debt selling the whole squad and the stadium wouldn't be enough.

Yet you say the debt is still at the same level as when Vlad arrived?

What I meant was why can't people see what an arse Vlad is? People weren't slow to say what a total fud Robinson was but with Vlad it's a slow, slow process. Even on this thread we have one person telling us what a great job he's done with the finances! It's incredible.

Can you read??? if so tell me where anyone has said that, cheers:)

PresidentRomanov

There's only one thing worse than a drama queen, and that's a fickle drama queen.

Some people really need to get a grip :confused:

alwaysthereinspirit

Simple answer for me is yes.

Mad Vlad is a loon, no doubts about it but without him in 2005/6 it would not have happened. JMO.

The thing is, making a CPR vs Vlad comparison / argument / debate solves nothing..... at the end of the day, they are both fud's.

What we need to do now is mover forward and decide what happens next..... comparing against the pieman era is just dwelling on the past.

My thoughts exactly, we are no wose off now than we were years ago, we are still being s**t on by an egotisitical maniac

Yes, But I am hopeful Gordons and Bednars transfer fees will have made a dent in that

So it might stay at ?36m for that year. It's not as simple as we have some fees coming in so it'll be ?26m next year. We have ridiculous loans out too that we will be paying silly interest on and the sales of the above two MIGHT cover our salaries for a year.

So it might stay at ?36m for that year. It's not as simple as we have some fees coming in so it'll be ?26m next year. We have ridiculous loans out too that we will be paying silly interest on and the sales of the above two MIGHT cover our salaries for a year.

The loans will surely be included in the 36M

The loans will surely be included in the 36M

The figures we've borrowed from the loans will be but not the interest. With the state of today's economy we will be paying different interest from year to year. Very few of the loans are at fixed repayment rates.

It so easy to be despondent. Did we all know at the time it would go this way?

We all felt on top of the world at the time and it was great. It was only two years ago and two years from now Vlad might be gone, who knows?

But Hearts have been worse off before, whether we can accept that just now or not.(and by the way im not saying im happy just now, far from it).

Guest jambomickey
It so easy to be despondent. Did we all know at the time it would go this way?

We all felt on top of the world at the time and it was great. It was only two years ago and two years from now Vlad might be gone, who knows?

But Hearts have been worse off before, whether we can accept that just now or not.(and by the way im not saying im happy just now, far from it).

when have we been worse off before?

John Findlay
when have we been worse off before?

Read the history of Heart of Midlothian and find out for yourself.

The Hearts have been around far longer than the internet.

John

Archived