Came on for Tomlin who was up front

The Goalscoring Knee
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Where is he playing? (position) 

Midfield, if the change is like-for-like

Sorry - just seen SandyK's reply

Edited by The Goalscoring Knee

Glamorgan Jambo

He usually plays as a No 10 (behind the striker) these days with the freedom to go wherever he wants. looks like a good win for Cardiff tonight which will partially make up for the supporter devastation if the Jacks (Swansea) hold on to their lead and go top.

A_A wehatethehibs

In and around the box is where he should live as a player and that’s rightly where Warnock plays him. Hope he kicks on and has a great season now he’s fit, great to see him on the scoresheet 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

To put some context, Warburton,  Dom Ball and Liam Kelly in opposition 

Didn’t realise Lee Wallace had signed for QPR as well 

21 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good player but never a right back, think that’ll define his career. Those years we had him he should have been playing up front throughout or possibly RM. A boy has an eye for goal but can’t defend that well positionally, so let’s play him sitting back in his own half at RB. Criminal. Should always have played higher up near the danger area. But he still got amongst the goals, good for him, that’s why Neil Warnock picked him up on the cheap the right manager at the right time, quickly identified he was no RB then he did enough in the Prem to get his big contract extension at Cardiff. He can bank his 7 figure sum over the next couple of years then get back up the road to proper football with Hearts, play up front for us he’ll probably get 20 goals. Who needs right backs when you’ve got a player with an eye for goal

He started with us as a centre forward then a right wing back with license to go forward.  He got his share of goals for us

31 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

He started with us as a centre forward then a right wing back with license to go forward.  He got his share of goals for us

In the U19's I saw him play three positions in one match.

Started at right back, then was moved forward to right wing and finished the match playing up front as centre forward. 

Bazzas right boot

Never convinced he's got a good enough all round game for the very top. 

But he's a physical specimen and a great weapon to have. 

Alway thought he'd be the ideal sub for a bigger team, if not a very top team

Leicester, Everton, Southampton or something. 

1 nil up, bring him on as an out ball. 

1 nil down, bring him on as different option up front. 

Versatile in many positions. 

Ideal sub, covers various positions and able to be used as a weapon depending on how the games going. 

At championship level he's an extremely effective player. I'd say the ideal championship type player. 

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:
Posted at72'

Goal! Cardiff City 3, Queens Park Rangers 0. Callum Paterson (Cardiff City) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Leandro Bacuna with a cross.

Knows how to make an impact

11 hours ago, tian447 said:

Just scored against QPR. 

Where is he playing? (position) 

11 hours ago, sandyk said:

Came on for Tomlin who was up front

11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s just scored for Cardiff tonight. 

11 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Took him 7 minutes

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Brilliant.  Please stay injury free from now on.  Inspirational guy.

11 hours ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

very nicely by the looks of it -  good to see him on the scoresheet tonight 

I'm claiming credit for kick-starting his season. I must have had a premonition or something. 

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ideal sub, covers various positions and able to be used as a weapon depending on how the games going. 

At championship level he's an extremely effective player. I'd say the ideal championship type player. 

I agree with that. But think he’s pretty much found his level. Dreams of the multi-million top six sell-on will probably remain exactly that.

MR INCREDIBLE
23 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think his problem is he has no defined position. He has to work on a position where he can apply his strengths - I'm not sure what that is. He's not mobile enough or has the instinct to play up front, touch isn't good enough for midfield and his defending isn't good enough to play at the back.

He's an ideal player to have on the bench and that might remain the case til he sorts himself out.

Doesn't have the instinct to play up front. 

Absolute mince...... He is the probably the best striker we have had at the club for years and that's not even his best position 

Came back from a long term injury and is gradually winning his place back in the team. Will have another good season at Cardiff I think. 

3 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Doesn't have the instinct to play up front. 

Absolute mince...... He is the probably the best striker we have had at the club for years and that's not even his best position 

At the level he's currently playing at, he's not good enough to play up front. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bacuna was the guy who took over from Damour I believe.

Lovely finish by Callum, he has a wonderful knack of timing and finding the ball in the box. Priceless and mostly irreplaceable at our level

6 hours ago, SUTOL said:

In the U19's I saw him play three positions in one match.

Started at right back, then was moved forward to right wing and finished the match playing up front as centre forward. 

I remember him playing right back as a 17 year old in our pre season match at Raith Rovers .... he got into the box on more occasions than our No9 on that day and scored a great goal.  I was glad there was someone sitting beside me who followed the U19's as I left the match knowing who he was..  He was unplayable that day. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Bacuna was the guy who took over from Damour I believe.

Lovely finish by Callum, he has a wonderful knack of timing and finding the ball in the box. Priceless and mostly irreplaceable at our level

His first time shooting is really unbelievable. 

It's like a super power he has. 

Great in air as well. 

Like when a skinny lass has big boobies, totally unexpected. A pleasant Suprise and not in line with the general all round game. 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree. My hope for our benefit is a 'british style' manager at one of the EPL clubs shitting themselves about relegation pay well over the odds for him in January and we pocket a tidy sum. 

I'd love to see the big guy back one day much like Berra. 

I think some of his ability to be in the right place at the right time and hit in first time can be attributed to the time he spent with Robbo.

I remember Paterson saying he had been working with him a lot when he was younger. 

On 02/10/2019 at 19:30, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Is coming back from a five month injury lay off so is getting eased back into the team. Is a very popular player amongst the Cardiff supporters (attitude, goals, celebrations etcl. 

Will play a pivotal role in Cardiff's promotion push this season. Have started slowly but a lot of key players like Dr Funk just returning from injury. 

Not sure about the EPL but would have plenty championship clubs in for him if he became available (keep an eye out for Warnock retiring from English football shortly). 

Will be interesting to see how things go vs QPR (Lee Wallace etc) tonight. 

Thank the lord you're on this thread. Some absolute shite been posted so far. He is absolutely vital to our promotion push (as he showed Wed), hes just back from injury and isnt going to be rushed back. 

Edited by The Brow

FarmerTweedy
On 02/10/2019 at 11:41, A_A wehatethehibs said:

His best season for goals was actually 13/14 when we got relegated, he played 21 games up front 9 at RB, 8 at RM 

When we went down to the championship he pushed Robbie Neilson saying “I want to be a RB” but I always felt defensive side was not his strong suit. Eg when he got frustrated at being told to stay back - sometimes you need full backs to stay back, for example to cover counter attacks exposing slow CBs. Like right now Smith is sticking close to Berra at all times. But Paterson just wanted to get forward all the time. Even attacking full backs need to know when to go forward and when to stay back. I never felt Paterson had that nose for danger or positional awareness. 

First thing Warnock said was the boy is not a defender

So the boy is a defender then!

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He could be transferred to another Championship club for £15m such is the money down there.

Easily. 

Warnock goes. Cardiff struggle. 

People keep seeing this

Edited by Mikey1874