This time last week

Lord Beni of Gorgie

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What team should have been selected?

How would you have revised our tactics after each of the 1st half injuries?

Starting with Berra instead of MacLean would have allowed the 4231 that was fantastic against Hibs!!!

White for Halkett would have allowed us to go 442.

Irving for Damour was like for like.

Edited by David McCaig

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Starting with Berra instead of MacLean would have allowed the 4231 that was fantastic against Hibs!!!

White for Halkett would have allowed us to go 442.

Irving for Damour was like for like.

And that would have guaranteed a victory?

Berra has been slightly off form recently.  He played 210 minutes within the previous 6 days and at his age, CL probably thought it would be worth taking a chance to "rest" him.  I doubt if I would have done that but then I don't see them at training etc.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

14 hours ago, gedster said:

Injuries, crap tactics, crap manager, crap signings, no proven goalscorer, flaky captain, injuries, ugly football, unfortunately 5th place or worse beckons

Really?

Halkett...Ryo....Damour...Whelan.... crap signings?

blimey. You sound like spoilt b*stard Timmy Timpson out of Viz. No pleasing some people.

Just now, JamboAl said:

And that would have guaranteed a victory?

Berra has been slightly off form recently.  He played 210 minutes within the previous 6 days and at his age, CL probably thought it would be worth taking a chance to "rest" him.  I doubt if I would have done that but then I don't see them at training etc.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Nothing guarantees victory, but 11 players all playing in their preferred positions clearly increases the chance.

Vastly preferable to playing 3 at the back with a 17 year old full back at centre back and two wing backs who aren’t wing backs and anything which involves MacLean being on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

Really?

Halkett...Ryo....Damour...Whelan.... crap signings?

blimey. You sound like spoilt b*stard Timmy Timpson out of Viz. No pleasing some people.

My biggest frustration is that we have good players but seem hell bent on playing most of them out of position.

Our squad should be finishing third... 4th as a bare minimum.

22 minutes ago, smiler said:

Still in the operating theatre more like, and it's very much touch and go if he'll pull through. 

Some joker will come on and say they're not in the operating theatre because of any Heart attacks.

10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Nothing guarantees victory, but 11 players all playing in their preferred positions clearly increases the chance.

Vastly preferable to playing 3 at the back with a 17 year old full back at centre back and two wing backs who aren’t wing backs and anything which involves MacLean being on the pitch.

That settles that point, then.

I assume you won't want to play Smith out of his preferred position next week so who will be the CDs if Clevid still not fit?

8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

My biggest frustration is that we have good players but seem hell bent on playing most of them out of position.

Our squad should be finishing third... 4th as a bare minimum.

Agree to some extent but not with the 'crap' signings I listed.

i do wish we would play a flat back four. Hickey LB smith RB and CB's at CB. Footballers are simple folk generally, so keep it simple.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That settles that point, then.

I assume you won't want to play Smith out of his preferred position next week so who will be the CDs if Clevid still not fit?

Smith is an excellent centre back, so playing him alongside Berra is a no brainer if Dikamona is unavailable. 

That’s pragmatism rather than stubbornness.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Some joker will come on and say they're not in the operating theatre because of any Heart attacks.

How we are surviving without our vital organs is a miracle 

10 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Smith is an excellent centre back, so playing him alongside Berra is a no brainer if Dikamona is unavailable. 

That’s pragmatism rather than stubbornness.

But we wouldn't have known that if we hadn't played him out of his PREFERRED position.  Same with Haring.

On 28/09/2019 at 21:34, Gambo said:

One win in these 3 games in regulation time. 

Nothing's changed, today by all accounts was as bad as last year of football.

Just goes to show there can be a negative spin on anything if you try hard enough. It was two good results and a mediocre one. So many people dissapointed in us winning again.

Bazzas right boot

A win v Killie and we have a little monentum, points and Confidence. 

Our home firm has been our achilles heal tho. 

Really has been. 

If we sort that we will climb the table. 

The must win games were hibs and Aberdeen. 

We done that, an away draw followed. 

Follow that with a home win v Killie and we'll be in a decent place.