Refund on Season Ticket ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Anybody know if it is possible to get a refund on your season ticket ?

As it has never been used for next season surely i am entitled to a

full refund as it seems i have made a mistake in buying one .

Any information would be welcome .

Amazed you even bought one.

The Old Tolbooth

I'm sure there was a post on another thread saying that there would be no refund for ST's.

You could always get one of the 35,000 imaginary people on Vlads so called waiting list to purchase it from you :sarcasm:

It certainly seems like a lot of people are truly regretting buying an ST now, I know quite a few also who wish they hadn't parted with their hard earned because they feel that they now have given Vlad another 400 reasons to shaft them silly yet again.

The Old Tolbooth
I thought under law, you had a set period to basically return your purchase?

Basically get a refund. ST may not fall under this and I am probably making stuff up.

However, if the OP is serious. E-mail club explaining the reason why you want your refund and see what there response is. Probably not a bad tact for all people who regret buying a ticket. Probably won't get your money back but would create an impression I imagine.

If that doesn't work the OP could always go in and ask to change seats to a Cat B ticket in the Roseburn, and that way he should get some of his money back at least.

I got a full refund on a couple of season tickets a couple of years ago before the start of the season, but we were good back then.

Now that we're schite, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Since the 'box' hasn't been opened yet I dont see why it cant be treated as 'goods' just like any other purchase, although a 14 day period or whatever may be in operation :sad:

I bought mine using my HMFC credit card so if it all goes t*ts up prior to August then I might have a go at contacting them and complaining about 'faulty' goods :wacko:

MackaysCentreSpot

Someone said on another thread regarding this topic that the small print states it is non refundable.

ToadKiller Dog

Here is a simple idea ask the club ,is there a fault with the season ticket? ,you can have a cooling off period on large purchases such as a new car etc doubt the ST comes under that.

I dont see why you would be entitled to a refund it would be in the club discretion i would offer you store credit.

NoseLikeMahe

Had a hunt around and all I could find was this:

"Once you have, in the legal sense, accepted goods, you lose your right to a full refund. You can only claim compensation, and you have to keep your claim to a reasonable minimum. Normally you have to accept an offer to put the goods right, or the cost of a repair. But if the goods are beyond economical repair you are entitled to a replacement, or the cash value of a replacement if none is offered."

Basically it's at the disretion of clubs to give refunds on season tickets. Some will see it as good PR to do so on the odd occasion... Hearts wont.

Still... thousands of written requests for refunds would be a powerful message to send.

Seymour M Hersh
Amazed you even bought one.

That was helpful. Did the roar of the crowd put you off making a serious answer?

For the OP I have been speaking with a lawyer about this. It's not sounding overly positive about a mass refund but we'll see.

Seymour M Hersh
Had a hunt around and all I could find was this:

"Once you have, in the legal sense, accepted goods, you lose your right to a full refund
. You can only claim compensation, and you have to keep your claim to a reasonable minimum. Normally you have to accept an offer to put the goods right, or the cost of a repair. But if the goods are beyond economical repair you are entitled to a replacement, or the cash value of a replacement if none is offered."

Basically it's at the disretion of clubs to give refunds on season tickets. Some will see it as good PR to do so on the odd occasion... Hearts wont.

Still... thousands of written requests for refunds would be a powerful message to send.

I suppose lawyers might argue that the accepted goods in this case is a football match which we clearly have not received as the season has yet to start. I'm not a lawyer but perhaps a class action case could be started. There must be some lawyers on JKB (actually I know of two) if they read this thread they may be able to input more authoritatively than me.

Off the cuff I'd say that unless there was a provision akin to the BCFC one quoted above, you'll have no chance claiming a refund.

That said it is difficult to categorise a season ticket - sale of goods or sale of services?

You purchase an entitlement to go to all home games. You pay the club allow you entry.

I think the law only obliges a "cool off" period in respect of financial credit type transactions. Standard "return for any reason within "x" days" deals are at the discretion of the vendor.

The purchase of a season ticket is simply a contract. You pay a price in exchange for admission to games. Only if that contract is breached can you think about a refund. Breach might be moving your seat without consent. Not allowing you entry without due cause. etc

If the Jan 1st statement had said - there will be a manager appointed before the start of pre-season training, and you could prove you bought your season ticket on this assurance you might have a shout.

But basically, I think the argument is fecked.

You could take it back claiming false advertising. i.e. the January 1st statement.

A mass of people trying to return their season tickets would make a statement to the Club itself.

I was under the impression that you could 'cash-in' your ST, as i heard about a number of individuals who did exactly that towards the end of last season (i.e. around the time of the split).

You could take it back claiming false advertising. i.e. the January 1st statement.

A mass of people trying to return their season tickets would make a statement to the Club itself.

I think that's a great idea.

By The Light..

If it was me i'd try the ticket office in person, if they won't refund it, politely ask to see the manager, if he or she declines to refund, ask them who their boss is, can you see them as you are really not happy, dig your heels in, if that doesn't work stage a sit in protest, if 20 or so people did it at the same time they'd have to either refund or possibly call the police, as long as you did not become abusive or cause a disturbance I think it would be point well made.

Take a tent and a unfurl a banner for the press!

Bit of a bummer if they turn around and appoint a dream team next week though!

PresidentRomanov

Surely, if you didn't want one, it would've been easier not to buy it in the first place?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

I have just got a reply from the ticket office after enquiring about a full refund

''They do not give refunds to unused tickets '' as stated in book

Fast reply from them though .

Looks like we have all been suckered again

Is there anything i can do maybe regarding consummer rights

These season ticket books do not have a health warning

Generic Username

Wipe yer bum with it and send it back.

Dirty protests always make the biggest impression.

Archived