• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• LeftBack

• Debut 4

• We_are_the_Hearts

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Stu03q285 said:

Watching on TV he doesn't stop talking !! 

Every set piece he is telling who to go where !!! 

A REAL Leader !!! 

If we can get him and Naismith on the pitch at the same time the other players will always have somebody on the pitch in their ear.

He was fantastic for us today. Outstanding.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If we can get him and Naismith on the pitch at the same time the other players will always have somebody on the pitch in their ear.

He was fantastic for us today. Outstanding.

That would be tremendous. Leaders at every stage of the pitch 😮 

Naismith has been constantly injured though, could be hard pressed to make that happen :( 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Another thing.

He’s a hard man DM that can get stuck in but he can play, make and find a pass that gets us in behind and splits a defence - the sort of pass every pundit wanks over Scott Allan making.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Aside from his quality, some others should be watching the work he puts in.

Rarely wastes a ball and picks a pass when you’re half expecting a punt up the park.

Top man.

Edited by Debut 4

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Another thing.

He’s a hard man DM that can get stuck in but he can play, make and find a pass as the sort of passes every pundit wanks over Scott Allan making.

Exactly. 

Must be quite frustrating for him having players around him that aren't quite up to what he's used to. 

He really is a class act and the thought of Haring in beside him has my juices flowing.

Perth to Paisley

Daft earlier booking prevented him from blootering Mallan just before their Goal..

outstanding other than that

Edited by Perth to Paisley

I watched on tv, he looked impressive. Defensive midfielders often look better in the flesh too, due to their work off the ball. Hopefully he continues this dominance in the middle of the park.

John mcCartney
6 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Daft earlier booking prevented him from blootering Mallan just before their Goal..

outstanding other than that

Indeed chief

thought hobos came onto a bit of a show after the second half strike but Whelan worked away and when Irving came on ,turned it around superbly.....one Glenn Whelan must be ringing out soon

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

This guy is exactly what the Scottish national team need haha pity he’s irish. What a player. Hard man dm *******.

AlphonseCapone

He's my sort of football player. Hard working, always wants the ball, moves with it if there's space, plays the simple pass to keep the ball moving and let space open up, can play that cutting pass when it presents, can tackle, shows leadership, reads the game. Top players who I've no doubt will absolutely stamp his authority up here as the season progresses.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Just me who thought he should have put a challenge in on Mallan then?

Top class otherwise and a leader 

Couldn’t risk it as he got himself a daft yellow early on. I will forgive him his rashness as he was brilliant the rest of the game😁

Just now, Russ1977 said:

Couldn’t risk it as he got himself a daft yellow early on. I will forgive him his rashness as he was brilliant the rest of the game😁

Ahh didn’t realise he was on a booking

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That’s the Whelan I thought we had signed.  Whelan and Irving is defo our strongest pairing. I’m not impressed by Damour at all.

Totally agree. Damour is slow and often over plays then falls over. Might be adjusting to speed of game but for me Irving offers more

This thread deserves a bump. He was the best player on the park by a country mile. Did he lose the ball once?! 

Full of energy, never tired, work his backside off tracking back, has the touch, composure and vision of a top level player. 

Haring will learn a lot from this guy. 

But he’s past it of course...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Yellow card wouldn’t have happened in the OF game

First touch gives himself time and never wastes a pass

Actually allowed Hibs their goal. Took his foot out as Mallan approached, fearful of a 2nd yellow, had he not been booked, he would have taken Mallan out

Top player but was looking a bit frustrated tonight.  Think he needs a wily, clever runner off him to give him more room.

Damour just seemed to draw Aberdeen into our half and cramp the space up. It’s not good enough. He needs to run more, take people up the park. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Haring will solve that. Damour isn't a bad player, imo. Needs to waken up & realise quickly that tempo is more appropriate. Haring & Whelan....mmmmm.

Agree and hope so.  Damour is one of those players that looks like his mind drifts easily. Becomes a bit sloppy and half paced but aye, he’s decent enough.   Shocker at 2nd penalty though. Wtf was he thinking?

The Future's Maroon

MotM on Sunday for me, have just skimmed this thread and not sure that anyone has mentioned the potential of him and Haring as our defensive midfielders?  Never mind Naisy, Walker, Washington, Meshino and Soapy still to come back...

Not convinced with the management but the squad is as strong as I can remember for a good few decades, maybe CL is right, once it comes together/clicks it will be rosey...time will tell.