Fernando Ricksen R.I.P.

Homme

Theme From Sparta F.C.

No one deserves to suffer from such a horrible disease. MND is truely vile.

Thankfully he isn't sufferning anymore.

RIP Fernando.

Thank you for showing us your talent on the Scottish stage.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martin_T

• micole

• Homme

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

How sad ☹️ 

Brave man, taken too young by that horrible disease. A cracking player in his day as well. 

Rest in peace Fernando lad. 

Word for word this.  RIP Fernando.

Great player in his day and as he's shown through the way he carried himself during his fight an even better man. MND is absolutely terrifying and I'm glad he's finally at peace. 

RIP Fernando

I am happy he is no longer suffering, but it's absolutely gutting news, seeing him the way he was was a terrible sight, especially given how we all remember him as the big strong Dutch international, his charity work during the illness has been remarkable. 

Fernando was certainly a character, first player banned by video evidence, pushed the Rangers chairman into a swimming pool, elbowed Riordan, then wins the Player of the Year all in his 6 seasons.  Scottish Football has had some great and memorable players, he is one of them.

Rest in Peace, Fernando ❤️

Edited by Armageddon

So sad to lose someone so young. My respectful condolences to all affected. He managed to touch so many people in his latter years. That which unites us is far greater than that which divides.

It's tragic.

Horrible disease. It just takes the body and slowly eats you up. Saw it happen to a friend's sister.

Heartbreaking to watch somebody just fade away. Hopefully what Fernando Ricksen has done is raise awareness so one day we can have a cure for this brutal disease.

Jambof3tornado

About time we gave people the help required if they wish to end the suffering while they are still in control.

See cases like this 1st hand regularly and you wouldnt let an animal suffer the way fernando has.

Tragic.

RIP

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Fernando Ricksen has sadly succumbed to his battles with MND. 

I'm sure we would all like to pass on our condolences for someone who fought so bravely against this despicable condition over the past few years.

RIP Fernando. A true character and the type of player you would just love to have in your team. 

Such an inspiration in how he fought this horrible illness

RIP Fernando

What shitty news. 

When we moved to Holland we found that he was known and highly thought of for his work with kids in the town we lived in, one of the good guys by all accounts. 

RIP Fernando, strength to the loved ones

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I hated him as a player - I can’t deny that - but he’s been inspirational. Desperately sad.

Oh and the Daily Record picturing Mols in tears at Glasgow Airport - why don’t you just give up you idiots?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Glad his pain and suffering have ceased.

RIP Mr Ricksen

Got to agree with this. A part of me is pleased he has passed away as he isn’t suffering anymore, but so sad to see anyone go this way. 

RIP Fernando 

Used to dread seeing his name on the team sheet when playing us 

horrible way to go. A true warrior on and off the park .. RIP Fernando

with JJ and BP and now this, it’s been a bad week .. MND is just terrifying .. sooner we get a cure for this, the better 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I hated him as a player - I can’t deny that - but he’s been inspirational. Desperately sad.

Oh and the Daily Record picturing Mols in tears at Glasgow Airport - why don’t you just give up you idiots?

Seriously? That's disgusting

4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hopefully the wider Scottish football community can remain dignified toward his family and his struggle going forward. 

43 is no age to go. And you wouldn’t wish that disease on your worst enemy. 

RIP. 

Well said sir

queensferryjambo

It has been terrible watching a man once so fit and athletic suffer in such a way, A truly horrible disease.

Very sad news.

R.I.P. Fernando

6 hours ago, Biguche said:

Seriously? That's disgusting

I didn't click on the link as I don't want to give those twats any advertising revenue. Ambushed him at the airport and shoved a camera in his face while telling him the news apparently.

Screenshot_20190918-220723.png

Edited by Stokesy

39 minutes ago, jamboron said:

A fine player, who battled with this terrible disease in the same manner as he did on the pitch, may he RIP and thoughts go to his friends and family.

RIP Fernando.Gave it all as a player,never shrinked on the park,always 100%. Rangers should feel proud about him.