Hearts eye Stephen Robinson to replace Levein

afanderson33

Fly the Saltire
1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

I never ruled him in. 

My choice as the new manager would be John Terry or Sol Campbell.

John Terry is the nearest we will get to Graham Rix as the worst possible individual to manage a decent club

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Boab

• Bull's-eye

• Sagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 18/09/2019 at 15:43, Pasquale for King said:

It was some achievement, but unfortunately many crap managers have got to finals and even won them.

Valdas

Blobby Williamson have won cups

Fenlon got to a cup final and was part of the reason Hibs were relegated.

Robinson is a better manager than Levein because he got Motherwell to two cup finals yet Levein gets no credit for getting us to a semi and final on the same season - losing to, by a distance, the best team in Scotland both times? Senseless argument.

Last year it was Tommy Wright who was flavour of the month

Previously it has been Hartley

I think even Alan Archibald was discussed 

Shows you how piss poor the judgement of people on here is.

Had Robinson got Motherwell into the sort of position Clarke got Kilmarnock I’d be interested.

Let’s face it people are musing over Robinson purely because they want rid of Levein. Hearts fans have gone down a rabbit hole about all of this.

Complete lack of clarity of thought going on.

If we get shot of Levein we can do so much better than a Motherwell manager that cant get get a team into the top 6 of what is a pishy mediocre league with only 2 decent teams - and I’m surprised Hearts fans don’t recognise this.

Edited by Jammy T

Fly the Saltire
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Valdas

Robinson is a better manager than Levein because he got Motherwell to two cup finals yet Levein gets no credit for getting us to a semi and final on the same season - losing to, by a distance, the best team in Scotland both times? Senseless argument.

Had Robinson got Motherwell into the sort of position Clarke got Kilmarnock I’d be interested.

Let’s face it people are musing over Robinson purely because they want rid of Levein. Hearts fans have gone down a rabbit hole about all of this.

If we get shot of Levein we can do so much better than a Motherwell manager that cant get get a team into the top 6 of what is a pishy mediocre league with only 2 decent teams - and I’m surprised Hearts fans don’t recognise this.

Agree about time some engaged brain

5 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

John Terry is the nearest we will get to Graham Rix as the worst possible individual to manage a decent club

Aye..............ok.

:jj_facepalm:

Forever Hearts
27 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Why? 

9 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Valdas was a better manager than he got credit for ,given the pressure he was under 

Elvis held that team together to win the final.

And even then we should have been beaten by ****ing Gretna before it got to pens.

Valdas was piss poor.

24 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Valdas

There’s managers like Robinson who , in time, may deserve a shot at a bigger gig. Where is the next manager coming from for any team though?

It comes down to judgement of the board.  Not every manager Hearts will go for will necessarily have been at the same size of club or taken a smaller club to giddy heights. Just recognition of marked improvement of the club they are in charge of and what kind of style they prefer.

We got Jim Jefferies from mighty Falkirk.

For the percentage stats geeks, Robinson has a 45% win average at Motherwell. Not bad for a club with significantly less resources than us. 

9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s managers like Robinson who , in time, may deserve a shot at a bigger gig. Where is the next manager coming from for any team though?

It comes down to judgement of the board.  Not every manager Hearts will go for will necessarily have been at the same size of club or taken a smaller club to giddy heights. Just recognition of marked improvement of the club they are in charge of and what kind of style they prefer.

We got Jim Jefferies from mighty Falkirk.

For the percentage stats geeks, Robinson has a 45% win average at Motherwell. Not bad for a club with significantly less resources than us. 

My point is we can and could do so much better and frothing at the gash over him potentially replacing Levein is a emotional response to our situation rather than a well thought out one

More of the same. Somebody that knows how Scotland works - aim for 3rd every year etc etc.

I’d much rather spread the net wider and spend some time doing proper due diligence and have someone in place who genuinely believes we can break the mould.

Robinson would be a set of stabilisers. An unambitious appointment. In fact it would look like a knee jerk rushed decision to placate the fans rather than a thorough and well thought and considered appointment.

This thread is an ABL thread - Anyone But Levein.

That’s not how you choose a manager.

Edited by Jammy T

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

My point is we can and could do so much better and frothing at the gash over him potentially replacing Levein is a emotional response to our situation rather than a well thought out one

More of the same. Somebody that knows how Scotland works - aim for 3rd every year etc etc.

I’d much rather spread the net wider and spend some time doing proper due diligence and have someone in place who genuinely believes we can break the mould.

Robinson would be a set of stabilisers. An unambitious appointment. In fact it would look like a knee jerk rushed decision to placate the fans rather than a thorough and well thought and considered appointment.

I actually agree with all you’re saying. I want that manager to be of a level and mentality that then emanates from him through the team. 

I wasn't saying Robinson is the answer but maybe that answer is sometimes on your doorstep? We’ve recently tried the out the box appointment and it failed spectacularly. 

The thing is, it’s small steps. We’ve regressed and can’t even make top 3. Football is tough and what can seemingly be a leftfield appointment ends up only enough to take us to 3rd. (Like the past)

Most would take that now for a start. 

16 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

And even then we should have been beaten by ****ing Gretna before it got to pens.

Valdas was piss poor.

**** off.

As one sided a cup final in recent history. Despite the efforts of Dougie MacDonald.

All we were guilty of was failing to find the net. Even Robbies tackle included, we should have strolled that.

Terrible, agenda driven post.

No less than I’ve come to expect from someone so out of touch with all things Hearts.

5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Agreed, if we change there is no way it should be Robinson, even Holt at Livingston would get my vote ahead, but neither should be where we look first 

We cannae even get a new manager until we see what happens to levein. 

The guy has been getting calls from manager's agents showing interest in his job ffs. 

They're calling the manager for his job ffs.

It's bonkers. 

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

We cannae even get a new manager until we see what happens to levein. 

The guy has been getting calls from manager's agents showing interest in his job ffs. 

They're calling the manager for his job ffs.

It's bonkers. 

Unfortunately not.

It's the norm.

We struggled to get a manager after Mr Neilson jumped ship.

The same criteria is in place and the same season by season expectation is in place. 

We're currently on track ...😀😀

When we win convincingly tomorrow and shoot up the table and a Hampdump date in the pocket to contend with.....well 😀😀

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Unfortunately not.

It's the norm.

The same criteria is in place and the same season by season expectation is in place. 

When we win convincingly tomorrow and shoot up the table and a Hampdump date in the pocket to contend with.....well 😀😀

Two 6th places in a row and bottom of the league. How's they expectations doing?

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Unfortunately not.

It's the norm.

Mate, i think we'll win tomorrow but shooting up the table is not going to happen 😂

I don't want to have to pull you up about this in a few weeks time. 

We've already got the likes of smiths right foot who is constantly wrong. 

16 minutes ago, Whatever said:

**** off.

As one sided a cup final in recent history. Despite the efforts of Dougie MacDonald.

All we were guilty of was failing to find the net. Even Robbies tackle included, we should have strolled that.

Terrible, agenda driven post.

No less than I’ve come to expect from someone so out of touch with all things Hearts.

No it’s not and what agenda?

We were Robbie Neilson’s toe away from losing that cup final - that’s a matter of fact.

Play the ball not the man. Valdas was shite - where’s the agenda about that?

You’ve lost the plot. I’ve been in nothing other than debate mode this evening. 

Chill out man :)

Edited by Jammy T

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

No it’s not and what agenda?

We were Robbie Neilson’s toe away from losing that cup final - that’s a matter of fact.

Play the ball not the man. Valdas was shite - where’s the agenda about that?

You’ve lost the plot. I’ve been in nothing other than debate mode this evening. 

Chill out man :)

Slavers

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We were winning the game when Robbie made that tackle.

A matter of fact aye?

One phrase that’s starting to wind me up is this ‘ knows the Scottish game’ for me that’s the problem those that know the Scottish game shit their pants from the old firm. We need someone who comes in and builds a team/squad who can go to Glasgow and believe they can win. How many so called minows have turned up from who knows where in Europe and beaten the old firm with a team of players no one has ever heard off and probably cost about 50 grand to put together. I’m not saying I’d expect to win the league but at least compete with them on a consistent basis.

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

^ has made a ***** of it.

* No less than I’ve come to expect from someone so out of touch with all things Hearts.

Everyone that has commented on what I have posted tonight has broadly agreed with me.

You’re outta touch on this one

#hallandoats

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

One phrase that’s starting to wind me up is this ‘ knows the Scottish game’ for me that’s the problem those that know the Scottish game shit their pants from the old firm. We need someone who comes in and builds a team/squad who can go to Glasgow and believe they can win. How many so called minows have turned up from who knows where in Europe and beaten the old firm with a team of players no one has ever heard off and probably cost about 50 grand to put together. I’m not saying I’d expect to win the league but at least compete with them on a consistent basis.

Correct.

I see “knowing the game” as being essentially the same as “knowing your place” i.e. aim for 3rd or 4th every year

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Everyone that has commented on what I have posted tonight has broadly agreed with me.

You’re outta touch on this one

#hallandoats

Sober up.

1 hour ago, Noah Claypole said:

8ejj5lvoxsvn.thumb.jpeg.ca039a6b0f88422948f122301b867077.jpeg

It's him innit 😀😀😀😀😀

Actually fancy a few of those sausages now to be fair. Couple of morning rolls, marge simpson and some gold star brown sauce. bobs yer uncle

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We onto Ross County managers yet.

We could get both and play dr jekyll and mr hyde for when we play well or bad

So Jammy T needs the last word. I get that.

He’ll watch 5 mins of highlights tomorrow, drink a bottle of red and get extremely angry with the majority of the Hearts support.

A Hearts support that paid £32 for the pleasure.

A Hearts support that were there when it mattered.

A Hearts support that funnily enough, doesn’t include Jammy T.

Because he’s a fraud.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

No it is not.

Robbie's tackle was at 1-0.

Matter of fact would maybe be arguable if at 1-1

3 mins in

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

No it is not.

Robbie's tackle was at 1-0.

Matter of fact would maybe be arguable if at 1-1

3 mins in

Obsessed, mate.

Apparently.

:rofl:

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Valdas was a better manager than he got credit for ,given the pressure he was under 

Valdas was a puppet 

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

So Jammy T needs the last word. I get that.

He’ll watch 5 mins of highlights tomorrow, drink a bottle of red and get extremely angry with the majority of the Hearts support.

A Hearts support that paid £32 for the pleasure.

A Hearts support that were there when it mattered.

A Hearts support that funnily enough, doesn’t include Jammy T.

Because he’s a fraud.

I was at the last derby at Easter Road but I dont need the last word. I bought tickets for that St Mirren game that we needed to sell out and gifted them to Big Hearts and I put the equivalent of a season ticket price into FOH.

Anyway have another bash and then you’ll be fine.

As an aside I don’t need alcohol in me at all to swear, or to voice an opinion that I think a lot of Hearts fans are utter twats. Much as you the same as you say I am one, presumably from the sobriety of your Ivory Tower

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

*jammy wearer alert*

You won’t remember but we met once. At Diggers to meet with Charlie Mann voicing our concerns about Romanov. Gambo was there also.

Edited by Jammy T

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Valdas was piss poor.

We can thank the Phoodle for preventing that.

13 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I see Ross County won at Motherwell today.

Robinson oot!!  Bring in Kettlewell and Ferguson.  Until they lose, then they're oot!

Edited by RobNox

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

They played the last 10 minutes with 10 men and controlled most of the game. 

But they lost, a decent manager would easily cope for 10 minutes with a man down.  It's OK to control most of the game, but if you don't score enough goals while you are in control, then fail to control the odd moments when your opponents score, it's pretty pointless.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Valdas

It’s early in  his career, and they have the third lowest budget. It’s a better achievement to get Motherwell to two cup finals less than a year in the job, not two in your managerial career, one of which was a walk in the park as was the semi run. Hughes,Shiels, Macintyre, Stubbs all won trophies and are shit managers. I don’t want Robinson as manager as I’ve said a few times, on different threads. Hysterical rants like yours and Ann’s in defence of Levein are bizarre to be honest, because the Record said we were interested 😃🤪🤯.

8 hours ago, Whatever said:

Obsessed, mate.

Apparently.

:rofl:

I know mate.  We could have won that final 5-1 on another day quite easily.  Their penalty was very soft and that dirty cheat Macdonald denied us a clearer one. 

But aye we should of lost.:vrface:

Edited by Randy Marsh

On 17/09/2019 at 23:19, Mort said:

That article is completely made up. 

I also believe there should be a ban on posting links to that particular rag.

It’s thought the Hearts hierarchy had concerns about Levein’s position, even before fans stormed Tynecastle after last weekend’s loss to Well.

Thats the line that makes me wonder how much research the author put into the article.

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

But they lost, a decent manager would easily cope for 10 minutes with a man down.  It's OK to control most of the game, but if you don't score enough goals while you are in control, then fail to control the odd moments when your opponents score, it's pretty pointless.

So we write him off because he lost at home to Ross County? The same Ross County that came to Tynecastle and played Hearts off the park?

36 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So we write him off because he lost at home to Ross County? The same Ross County that came to Tynecastle and played Hearts off the park?

He’s also lost at home to the team that’s bottom of the league that’s got a shite manager and can’t buy a win....

In a cup game, you know the whole basis people are getting their cheeps about him.

Edited by Jammy T

Jammy T is right.

If we want a manager we need to cast the net a bit wider than a team who beat us. Robinson has done a good job at Motherwell but they are a team who can play great against Rangers or Celtic one week then get humped by Hamilton the next. 

What I like about a team like Motherwell is their scouting system is way better than ours. Their ability to pick up players like Moult or Kipre and their academy seem to be miles ahead of ours.

What we need is to look a little wider. Managers in lower leagues down south who are working on shoestring budgets and doing a good job that would be looking to make next step up. Guys like the Cowleys, Nathan Jones, Grant McCann. 

Personally I’ve always felt that Michael Flynn at Newport is ready for the next step up. Turned them from continual relegation material to promotion contenders. His cup record has been impressive. They have shown no fear of playing big names like Leicester, Leeds, Spurs and Citeh. That includes away from home. Sol Campbell did a phenomenal job to keep Macclesfield in league last season and he’s provided a very informative interview about why he couldn’t stay. Big plus with him is he has connections down south that could open up new scouting and signing opportunities for us. Gareth Macaulay at Wycombe is another one who is punching well above his weight with the finances of the club. There’s also guys like Appleton and Boothroyd who I think will do a good job at our level. While it may be controversial, I also like Joey Barton. Yes his character isn’t the best, but look beyond that and his managerial record at Fleetwood can’t be argued with.