What happened to the "C'Mon Andy Murray" thread?

I P Knightley

I P Knightley
Bloody hell, fancy tennis being exciting...

But what on earth was the arm muscle showing thing all about?!

To be fair to the lad, he's fed up wi' coming on JKB to read all the 'experts' here banging on about his physical frailty and saying how he's a pile of Tom Tit compared to Nadal.

I think he just wanted to show that you don't need a capped sleeve t-shirt to have big muscles.

He's been workin oot and is proud of himself!

I P Knightley
I hope I don't jinx him but Gasket looks like he's just blown one.

Cobblers?

Gary Lineker?

Never seen in the same room together.

That, my friend, was truly awful. I salute you!

To be fair to the lad, he's fed up wi' coming on JKB to read all the 'experts' here banging on about his physical frailty and saying how he's a pile of Tom Tit compared to Nadal.

I think he just wanted to show that you don't need a capped sleeve t-shirt to have big muscles.

He's been workin oot and is proud of himself!

Spends most of his time hanging about on JKB? Dammit, maybe he's more of a Hobo than I actually thought then. ;)

I suppose so, it's the key element to any memorable sporting endeavour - a good, old fashioned comeback. I think the crowd were probably also pleasantly surprised by the fact that he seemed to actually notice they were there for once.

He's a grumpy bizzum, I think that's why I quite like him.

Yes, let's just hope that new found stamina holds up for that sort of test. Realistically, what are his chances against Nadal? I really don't know much other than that he's pretty good.

I'd say his chances of beating Nadal are slim to none, Nadal is a step too far for Murray.

I suppose so, it's the key element to any memorable sporting endeavour - a good, old fashioned comeback. I think the crowd were probably also pleasantly surprised by the fact that he seemed to actually notice they were there for once.

He's a grumpy bizzum, I think that's why I quite like him.

Yes, let's just hope that new found stamina holds up for that sort of test. Realistically, what are his chances against Nadal? I really don't know much other than that he's pretty good.

On clay - no chance.

On grass - has a chance, he beat Federer on grass, which means he can beat anyone really. Will probably depend on how the occasion gets to both players as much as anything imo.

I P Knightley

Nadal will be fresher having played fewer games and is also an outstandingly strong and fit wee fella. Shame he didn't go out and get of his chops on San Miguel last night after the football.

However, he strained his (slightly dodgy) knee today early in the match and played on through the pain. He might feel the effects of that tomorrow and the day after - wishful thinking!

How Youzhny, the Russian (you know, the country that seems to draw the attention of match fixing and betting scandal investigators?), never managed to take at least the first set off him with that injury, I'll never know.

Okay, so basically...if he's going to beat Nadal then now is as good a chance as any thanks to grass courts and knee strains? Sounds like a decent set of circumstances.

Ever the optimist, me. :)

Okay, so basically...if he's going to beat Nadal then now is as good a chance as any thanks to grass courts and knee strains? Sounds like a decent set of circumstances.

Ever the optimist, me. :)

Nadals grass game has improved dramatically in the last year. I honestly think it will be a straight sets comfortable win for him. Nadal doesn't make mistakes, and Murray rarely hits winners.

I P Knightley
On clay - no chance.

On grass - has a chance, he beat Federer on grass, which means he can beat anyone really. Will probably depend on how the occasion gets to both players as much as anything imo.

Who did?

Not Murray. Murray's got a 2-1 career record over Federer but all 3 matches have been on hard courts, Dubai, Cincinnati & Bangkok.

Murray's 0-3 down vs Nadal. Their last meeting was the Aussie Open last year. Murray 2-1 up in sets but then got a wee bitty puggled. As he says himself, 18 months on, he's fitter, stronger and more sorted generally.

I'm not expecting a win but will take a look at the bookies tomorrow and see about dropping a tenner for luck!

Who did?

Not Murray. Murray's got a 2-1 career record over Federer but all 3 matches have been on hard courts, Dubai, Cincinnati & Bangkok.

Murray's 0-3 down vs Nadal. Their last meeting was the Aussie Open last year. Murray 2-1 up in sets but then got a wee bitty puggled. As he says himself, 18 months on, he's fitter, stronger and more sorted generally.

I'm not expecting a win but will take a look at the bookies tomorrow and see about dropping a tenner for luck!

I thought the last time he beat him it was on grass? If im wrong though then apologies.

(it might have been hard grass?)

Fingers crossed for Andy Murray this afternoon. It's going to be a tough one but hopefully he will put on a decent performance.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
What time is he on?

He's second on Centre Court. Play starts at 1pm so he should be on sometime between 3 and 4pm.

Federer and Ancic is on first, I doubt this will last longer than 3 sets.

The Old Tolbooth
He's second on Centre Court. Play starts at 1pm so he should be on sometime between 3 and 4pm.

Federer and Ancic is on first, I doubt this will last longer than 3 sets.

Cheers mate, that means I get to watch it :)

Prediction time.

Nadal 3-1 Murray.

I hope im wrong but i thınk Nadal will be a step to far for him.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Prediction time.

Nadal 3-1 Murray.

I hope im wrong but i thınk Nadal will be a step to far for him.

Aye, but who'll win that set? ;)

I actually think it will be over in 3 sets.

Nadal to win a close one 7-5 7-6 7-5.

Aye, but who'll win that set? ;)

I actually think it will be over in 3 sets.

Nadal to win a close one 7-5 7-6 7-5.

Bawbag!;)

Seeing as youve pushed me for a more detailed predictıon ill go Nadal 6-3 7-5 6-7 6-2.

I'll go against the grain then and say Murray in 4 sets : 6-4, 3-6, 7-5, 7-6

Hopefully we will see the headline : Brilliant Brit Beats Nadal

rather than : Battling Scot Bows Out ;)

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Rain delay.

:sad:

Good stuff :)

Another half hour of Rain will do.

Then Federer can come back on to beat Ancic within the hour, and I'll be home from work in time for the start of the Murray match.

:dribble:

chester copperpot
Good stuff :)

Another half hour of Rain will do.

Then Federer can come back on to beat Ancic within the hour, and I'll be home from work in time for the start of the Murray match.

:dribble:

Keep me posted guys, still out here in sunny Benidorm (with sunstroke :sad:)

Gigolo-Aunt
Keep me posted guys, still out here in sunny Benidorm (with sunstroke :sad:)

Rain off and they are warming up for re-starting.

Federer 1-0 up, 6-1.

1-1 at the restart of the second.

chester copperpot
Rain off and they are warming up for re-starting.

Federer 1-0 up, 6-1.

1-1 at the restart of the second.

Cheers G. :)

Say What Again

Federer just broke him to go 6-5 up and is serving for the 2nd set.

Won't be long now.

chester copperpot
Federer just broke him to go 6-5 up and is serving for the 2nd set.

Won't be long now.

Nice one. Still says 5-5 on BBC website.

The Old Tolbooth

Nadal's a bloody machine!

Awesome power in some of his shots like, I cant see Murray being good enough.

Edit - Too easy for Nadal in the first set 6-3

Carl Spackler

Nadal wears girls trousers. You can't get beat by a man who wears girls trousers.

The Old Tolbooth

This is going to be a 3-0 whitewash, Murrays some way off Nadals standard.

skotskosparta

YIP, afraid so. I said the same thing this afternoon to a colleague.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Nadal is playing at the top of his game, Murray isn't.

Not that it would make much difference as Nadal is in a different league.

blondejamtart

Come on, there's no comparison really - Murray or Nadal? Hmmm.......let me think, got to be Nadal every time, even if Murray wasn't a hobo - and that's without even considering their tennis skills! :whistling:

stawberry2
Come on, there's no comparison really - Murray or Nadal? Hmmm.......let me think, got to be Nadal every time, even if Murray wasn't a hobo - and that's without even considering their tennis skills! :whistling:

Well said :)

Nadel with his nice tanned skin, :dribble: or pasty Murray, what a big decision .

Nadals grass game has improved dramatically in the last year. I honestly think it will be a straight sets comfortable win for him. Nadal doesn't make mistakes, and Murray rarely hits winners.

Sadly a correct prediction.

I P Knightley
Nadal is playing at the top of his game, Murray isn't.

Not that it would make much difference as Nadal is in a different league.

There he goes again.

He never looked for a minute as though he believed he could beat Nadal. He was back to his annoying, frustrating ('cos we know he could do it), morose self.

Shame that; had he fired himself up as he did vs Gasquet, we might have seen a couple more sets.

I didn't see the match (apart from the last couple of games) because I was playing tennis myself.

Murray had little chance of beating Nadal if Nadal found his top form.

Nadal has been in exceptional form and I believe he will manage to beat Federer in the Final, possibly in straight sets.

Say What Again

I saw 11/10 on that this morning and thought 'free money'.

Should have had a score on it it at least.

Easy to say now I suppose. :sad:

Archived