What happened to the "C'Mon Andy Murray" thread?

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

Is there a 'slippy' category of thread to go with 'sticky'? I've noticed a small number of threads that disappear for no reason that's obvious to me.

Anyways:

What do you call a Scot in the second week of Wimbledon? A Brit :)

Big game for the tousle-haired, laugh-a-minute motormouth today. I'm guessing on a start at about 4/4.30 and a 5-setter so will be watching from about 6.30. Murray's talking a good game so let's see if he can book Wednesday's meeting with Nadal.

Well played the Wimbledon organisers, making sure he's got the Centre Court - the first Brit to have been given all of his matches on Centre for a bit of home advantage. At the same time, they take the highest remaining seed in the women's draw and stick her out on court 18; just 'cos she's not as pretty as Ana.

It would be great to see him win and get into the quarter finals. I reckon he can do it. It's 8th seed against 11th so it should be pretty close.

I P Knightley
It would be great to see him win and get into the quarter finals. I reckon he can do it. It's 8th seed against 11th so it should be pretty close.

Let's hope so. Although some of the one-sided affairs show off some sublime tennis, there's nothing like a lengthy thriller to allow me to put in a day's work and get home in time to see the deciding sets!

Federer has just swatted Hewitt aside, toying with him in the first set. Verdasco and Ancic are tiring each other out with a 5-setter; the winner to be cannon fodder for Federer.

(Anyone know the answer to the question at the head of the thread?)

Gigolo-Aunt

Showed a lot of bottle as well as some brilliant tennis. Things were starting to look bleak in that last set, but he came through it.

Great game to watch.

I don't care if he's a hibby, that shot was phenomenal.

Agreed.

Cant see him winning this match now though tbf.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Agreed.

Cant see him winning this match now though tbf.

He's got a better chance than he had half an hour ago.

I though he was definitely beat in 3 sets.

He's got a better chance than he had half an hour ago.

I though he was definitely beat in 3 sets.

We can only hope ;)

Gigolo-Aunt
We can only hope ;)

Just broke serve.

As Gav said, looking a lot better than it did 30mins ago.

Carl Spackler

The lad Gasquet can absolutely batter his returns! Exceptional performance if Murray wins it.

If Murray's going to win this I think he needs to do ti tonight. If the game gets carried over to tommorrow I think he'll do a Henman and lose it.

Carl Spackler

Even if nothing comes of it Eastenders has been punted in favour of Murray's match. Nothing pleases me more than seeing that depressing s^%t taken off the box (and I read JKB on a daily basis).

Two all!

Momentum has totally swung in the last 40 mins or so.

A Hibernian-esque performance from Murray :P

Carl Spackler
A Hibernian-esque performance from Murray :P

Is that a predicition? I think he'll get pumped in the Semi!-Final too.

Is that a predicition? I think he'll get pumped in the Semi!-Final too.

:laugh:

If it was the intertoto he'd be out already :)

I didn't think I'd ever find myself glued to the tennis, but I am....

Brilliant stuff. 'Mon the pretend Hobo.

:)

Bloody hell, fancy tennis being exciting...

But what on earth was the arm muscle showing thing all about?!

blondejamtart

Not a fan of his, to be honest, but all credit to him, that was some fightback. Took a lot of grit and determination on his part to come back and win that.

coppercrutch

He is a winner.

Someone take his Hobo scarf and British passport from him. He is some sort of Aussie invader.

He acts like an Aussie, he wins like an Aussie.......Aussies are complete ***** when it comes to sport - But they win and that is what matters....

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Bloody hell, fancy tennis being exciting...

But what on earth was the arm muscle showing thing all about?!

To show that he is fit as a fiddle, and can't be called unfit anymore.

John Findlay

Oh dear a certain poster will be boaking. Murray is bereft of that kind of fighting spirit according to him.

John

To show that he is fit as a fiddle, and can't be called unfit anymore.

Aaahh...they said he wasn't fit enough? Oh. Okay. I know he had hurt his finger or something...

Ignore me, I'm not exactly up to speed on my tennis. :laugh:

****ing superb.

He was absolutely down and out, most people would have given up the ghost, two sets and a break down against a guy who wasn't missing a thing.

Feel a bit sorry for Gasquet, the crowd definitely got to him and his head dropped after not serving out the match in the third, in the end it was a bit of a procession from Murray.

Amazing match. Brilliant from Murray. He milked the crowd to his advantage.

Last thing I heard about him and his 'centre court presence' was that he didn't do very well when it came to connecting with the spectators. They said he was aloof and grumpy, didn't really involve them or use them to his advantage.

Pfft. Could have fooled me, they love him.

coppercrutch
Last thing I heard about him and his 'centre court presence' was that he didn't do very well when it came to connecting with the spectators. They said he was aloof and grumpy, didn't really involve them or use them to his advantage.

Pfft. Could have fooled me, they love him.

I think that is just because he was winning in a professional style. Not very British like !!

The British crowd need some sort of "loser appeal" to grab a hold off. If Murray had won in 3 sets tonight the crowd would have not been interested half as much.

Maybe one day we can get a winning attitude !!

I think that is just because he was winning in a professional style. Not very British like !!

The British crowd need some sort of "loser appeal" to grab a hold off. If Murray had won in 3 sets tonight the crowd would have not been interested half as much.

I dont normally agree with you as you normally talk a pile of horses, but on this rare occasion you are right.

coppercrutch
I dont normally agree with you as you normally talk a pile of horses, but on this rare occasion you are right.

I feel privileged !!

Where can I pick up my medal....;)

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Aaahh...they said he wasn't fit enough? Oh. Okay. I know he had hurt his finger or something...

Ignore me, I'm not exactly up to speed on my tennis. :laugh:

It was more his stamina that was always questioned.

Nadal will be absolutely delighted that he had to play for 4 hours though.

I think he showed tonight that his stamina has improved a lot.

Gasquet has had a confidence crisis this season so his head went down after Murray won the 3rd set tie break.

Nadal will be another story but you never know.

I suppose so, it's the key element to any memorable sporting endeavour - a good, old fashioned comeback. I think the crowd were probably also pleasantly surprised by the fact that he seemed to actually notice they were there for once.

He's a grumpy bizzum, I think that's why I quite like him.

Yes, let's just hope that new found stamina holds up for that sort of test. Realistically, what are his chances against Nadal? I really don't know much other than that he's pretty good.

Archived