What are you scared of, Hearts fans?

Des' Dad

gorgierules

So if anyone would like to draft a letter, then would be great. As soon as it is has been drafted jambovambo has agreed to proof read. Would be great to have something ready in the next couple of days.

Jesus, this is the most sensible discussion I can ever recall on Kickback. I for one have always stuck behind Romanov but find it difficult to defend the shambolic way he is managing the club. Not sure of the way ahead either. I never like anything that affects the team, but some sort of banners might be an idea. Its difficult to get wording that everyone agrees to though. A minor protest could be blacking out the UKIO Bankas logo on our tops.

200milesfromgorgie
Jesus, this is the most sensible discussion I can ever recall on Kickback. I for one have always stuck behind Romanov but find it difficult to defend the shambolic way he is managing the club. Not sure of the way ahead either. I never like anything that affects the team, but some sort of banners might be an idea. Its difficult to get wording that everyone agrees to though. A minor protest could be blacking out the UKIO Bankas logo on our tops.

another good idea! i do like that. maybe one for the future after the letters and all other ideas. Has anyone pm'd SL dont wanna bother him if some one else has.

Am I right in thinking that the Hull pre-season game is not free for season ticket holders?

If so, I'm starting my boycott there.

In addition, a total boycott of the new strip and other merchandise would help make a point.

We have been lied to by Romanov regarding the Jan 1st statement, which indicated that a manager with British management experience would be appointed with full control of the team.

gorgierules
another good idea! i do like that. maybe one for the future after the letters and all other ideas. Has anyone pm'd SL dont wanna bother him if some one else has.

Think Jambovambo was going to do it. No harm in you doing the same.

Congrats 200milesfromgorgie, really got this motoring, lets keep the momentum up.

"Dear Mr Romanov,

As a Hearts fan (and season ticket holder) I would like to thank you for saving Hearts from, what seemed like, an almost certain demise. You arrived at our club at one of our lowest ebbs, cancelled the sale of the stadium and furnished our club with an exciting array of footballing talent, leading us to glory at a packed Hampden Stadium and on to a qualifying berth for the Champions League.

You truly showed us, and the rest of Scottish Football, the potential of our club to succeed on a bigger scale.

You have further backed this up with some incredibly exciting stadium plans, which has illustrated your incredible long term vision for the club. For all of this, I thank you from the bottom of my Hearts.

You have certainly been the victim of, what has appeared to be at times, an almost xenophobic reaction from the press of this country. Certainly some journalists are worse in this respect than others, however, I have been ashamed as a Scotsman of the overall tone of much of the articles. I can certainly understand why you, therefore, choose to severely limit the access that the media are now given to our club and to your life.

Unfortunately, in limiting the access of the press, you have also limited the access that I and my fellow fans are afforded to our club. This leads to a sort of group paranoia which feeds all sorts of conspiracy theories, which are not healthy to the club as a whole, to the fans as individuals, or to the relationship between us as fans and owner.

Further to this, your involvement with the playing staff of the club appears to have been detrimental to our mutual chances of success in recent seasons. Your apparent insistence on retaining this involvement now appears to have been detrimental to our managerial recruitment process. I do not wish to tell you how to do your job - you are, after all, a far wealthier and more successfull man than I - but I do think that the influence you wish to retain over the playing side of the club are doing you and the club more harm than good.

I write in the hope that, even if this is for some sort of 12 month experiment, even if you prove me wrong and we are equally unsuccessful without your influence, that you please allow the appointed management team of the club to perform their duties uninhindered. This is no more than the club board's statement of 1st January 2008 suggested you would do and so would not appear like anything other than you keeping your word.

If you fail to do this, then I cannot see how I can continue to offer my own financial support to a football club who's operating procedures appear so fatally flawed.

You may receive more than one letter of this type, containing wording very similar to my own, but I want you to know that this letter has been written to you as this fully expresses my current feelings.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter - I wish you, and our club, every possible success."

???

"Dear Mr Romanov,

As a Hearts fan (and season ticket holder) I would like to thank you for saving Hearts from, what seemed like, an almost certain demise. You arrived at our club at one of our lowest ebbs, cancelled the sale of the stadium and furnished our club with an exciting array of footballing talent, leading us to glory at a packed Hampden Stadium and on to a qualifying berth for the Champions League.

You truly showed us, and the rest of Scottish Football, the potential of our club to succeed on a bigger scale.

You have further backed this up with some incredibly exciting stadium plans, which has illustrated your incredible long term vision for the club. For all of this, I thank you from the bottom of my Hearts.

You have certainly been the victim of, what has appeared to be at times, an almost xenophobic reaction from the press of this country. Certainly some journalists are worse in this respect than others, however, I have been ashamed as a Scotsman of the overall tone of much of the articles. I can certainly understand why you, therefore, choose to severely limit the access that the media are now given to our club and to your life.

Unfortunately, in limiting the access of the press, you have also limited the access that I and my fellow fans are afforded to our club. This leads to a sort of group paranoia which feeds all sorts of conspiracy theories, which are not healthy to the club as a whole, to the fans as individuals, or to the relationship between us as fans and owner.

Further to this, your involvement with the playing staff of the club appears to have been detrimental to our mutual chances of success in recent seasons. Your apparent insistence on retaining this involvement now appears to have been detrimental to our managerial recruitment process. I do not wish to tell you how to do your job - you are, after all, a far wealthier and more successfull man than I - but I do think that the influence you wish to retain over the playing side of the club are doing you and the club more harm than good.

I write in the hope that, even if this is for some sort of 12 month experiment, even if you prove me wrong and we are equally unsuccessful without your influence, that you please allow the appointed management team of the club to perform their duties uninhindered. This is no more than the club board's statement of 1st January 2008 suggested you would do and so would not appear like anything other than you keeping your word.

If you fail to do this, then I cannot see how I can continue to offer my own financial support to a football club who's operating procedures appear so fatally flawed.

You may receive more than one letter of this type, containing wording very similar to my own, but I want you to know that this letter has been written to you as this fully expresses my current feelings.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter - I wish you, and our club, every possible success."

???

Well done you, did you do that today??

200milesfromgorgie
"Dear Mr Romanov,

???

good start. season ticket holder should go as that does not involve everyone. and i feel any letter shoul be a universal letter. However if you are sending his as your own campaign then ignore me.

gorgierules

Good letter, agree with 200miles, needs to be more universal.

Not sure what eveyone else thinks. But I was thinking more of a shorter sharper version. Cutting to the point quicker and faster.

200milesfromgorgie
Good letter, agree with 200miles, needs to be more universal.

Not sure what eveyone else thinks. But I was thinking more of a shorter sharper version. Cutting to the point quicker and faster.

don't think has to be cut back to much.

good start. season ticket holder should go as that does not involve everyone. and i feel any letter shoul be a universal letter. However if you are sending his as your own campaign then ignore me.

Just meant as a starting point. I felt it might be better if we all personalised them slightly to indicate that we are individuals with a collective voice sort of thing.

Agree it is a good letter. The only bit I'm not sure about is the press bit, I agree they have been awful but i think that has often been the result of his own behaviour, I don't think we should appear to say we understand and agree with his handling of the media because in general I don't think many people do. referring to them as xenophobic may also cause trouble if the letter gets into the public domain. However these are only my opinions and if other fans think it's fine i'll still be very happy to send it on.

200milesfromgorgie
Just meant as a starting point. I felt it might be better if we all personalised them slightly to indicate that we are individuals with a collective voice sort of thing.

pm'd you.

maybe if we all just add our name and address and sign it i will then make it personal?

Agree it is a good letter. The only bit I'm not sure about is the press bit, I agree they have been awful but i think that has often been the result of his own behaviour, I don't think we should appear to say we understand and agree with his handling of the media because in general I don't think many people do. referring to them as xenophobic may also cause trouble if the letter gets into the public domain. However these are only my opinions and if other fans think it's fine i'll still be very happy to send it on.

I actually believe it to be the case though. I think we should all be free to edit, add and delete whatever we feel appropriate though. Its not like its one letter that we're all signing, just a collection of letters which indicate a collective strength and direction of feeling.

gorgierules
I actually believe it to be the case though. I think we should all be free to edit, add and delete whatever we feel appropriate though. Its not like its one letter that we're all signing, just a collection of letters which indicate a collective strength and direction of feeling.

I like the letter, but was on the understadning with 200miles, that it would a one letter template. for all to download and sign.

Keeping to the point of meddling with areas of the club ie management and coaching that he knows nothing about.

200milesfromgorgie
I like the letter, but was on the understadning with 200miles, that it would a one letter template. for all to download and sign.

Keeping to the point of meddling with areas of the club ie management and coaching that he knows nothing about.

bingo. i think anything else would take something away from the meaning of the letter. waterdown the impact.

Aye, fair enough. I was thinking that it may appear 'lazy' or, at least, 'easy' for us all to send exactly the same thing but they'll probably only read the opening chapter after they've opened the first few of them anyway!

bingo. i think anything else would take something away from the meaning of the letter. waterdown the impact.

Cool. If someone can copy/paste another version then I'm happy to agree to it.

My web access goes down at 2pm though although my alter ego might be able to post on my behalf (I'm 2 people).

Once agreed maybe we should start a new thread and an email campaign to encourage as many Jambos as possible to send these. Print out copies for your parents/wee brothers, etc.

gorgierules
Aye, fair enough. I was thinking that it may appear 'lazy' or, at least, 'easy' for us all to send exactly the same thing but they'll probably only read the opening chapter after they've opened the first few of them anyway!

It is a chance, but were looking for at least 10,000+ plus of the same impact letter to be sent, hopefully covers over the chance of them being ignored.

gorgierules

Once agreed maybe we should start a new thread and an email campaign to encourage as many Jambos as possible to send these. Print out copies for your parents/wee brothers, etc.

Perfect.

Mods any chance of a sticky until the letter is finalised and new thread created?

It is a chance, but were looking for at least 10,000+ plus of the same impact letter to be sent, hopefully covers over the chance of them being ignored.

Yeah, in which case probably the simpler, the better. I hope most Jambos would be able to agree with the majority of the content of the letter. Looking forward to readin (and printing and sending) the final version. I'll get my whole family to send a copy (I'll even buy the stamps for them!)

I think the threat of removing financial support is a must though, but has to be carefully worded (although it'll probly all get lost in translation anyway!)

Pants Shaton

I'm speaking to him in a language he understands:

Dear Mr Romanov,

I have supported your enlightened battle against the enemies of talent and those who teach mediocrity. Following your sage advice, my goats never roam free in the cabbage patch. I was grateful to receive your diagnosis even though I appreciated that the cure may be painful. I have closely followed your campaign against the wunderkind and joined you in bidding them farewell on the road to hell. I know you value my opinion, as I am more valuable than all the gold and oil reserves in mother Russia.

Mr Romanov, we are holding out for a 'hero'; an experienced 'hero', preferably with experience of British football. The type who will have control of team selection and tactics. It would be nice if he wasn't incognito, a nonce or prone to taking 'holidays' during the season. We have no need for rats in the hole nor those who were 'destroying the club'. Just a manager.

We Hearts fans have a sense of humour, so thanks again for Eduard Malofeev - that was hilarious. Just please don't do that again. In the meantime let's banish these money grabbers and profiteers and sew our pockets shut.

Regards,

Hearts fans.

CornhillHearts

Mind put your season tickets numbers and k**kback names at end of it, so Vlad knows its from K**kbackers.

If you all had listened to Iain McLeod on Saturday Radio Scotland at 2.30, i would suggest any letter is unlikely to beat his summary of our fans displeasure at the current position.

I suggest you do nothing meantime as Vlad will no doubt be aware that the natives are restless.

Sorry chaps, I was out for a couple of hours.

Have caught up now.

Haven't therefore PM'd Shaun Lawson yet, will do now, but things seem to have moved on apace.

I quite like the letter that has been presented. I think all should write a letter, whether or not it is a copy'n'paste job or not, and fire it off.

We could have a public poll, as a way of recording whether you have sent a letter or not ...

a) I have sent a letter to Romanov showing my displeasure at the way things are run at HMFC in a football sense

B) I will not write a letter, as ... etc

c) I will show my feelings in a different way

pennantjambo
Judging by the different views on this forum and comments in some of today?s newspapers, there really is a distinct lack of consensus on the best way for Hearts fans to make their views known about the current malaise at the club.

Nevertheless, gone are the days of ?hat kickers? versus ?Vlad sheep?. It?s now quite clear that the vast majority of fans are sick and tired of the owners? miserable attempts at solving the problems at this great club. It is almost universally accepted that he is unwilling to relinquish his control over team and player selection and to allow the coach, if ever one is appointed, to have autonomy over all football matters.

The disagreement amongst fans, however, is about what tactics to adopt in order to show the owner that we are distinctly unhappy about the way he is ruining the future prospects and reputation of Heart of Midlothian football club. Ian Macleod held meetings at the weekend to discuss the way forward with some of his ?Save our Hearts? colleagues and we look forward to hearing their conclusions.

The one thing that is holding the fans back from a full-scale revolt against the owner is the fear that he will walk away and, frankly it has to be said, the club will cease to exist. I don?t happen to believe that that day is close because he has too much to lose financially by doing so unless he finds another buyer who is prepared to pay him for his investment and the debt we owe to his bank.

What needs to be done? What tactics do we adopt to get our message over to VR?

Not buying season tickets has failed and boycotting certain matches is also doomed to failure because fans always want to support the team, me included, despite the owners eccentric ways. The only tactic we have left is to batter VR?s ego by publicly condemning his actions through petitions, unfurling banners at matches, derogatory chants during games and generally feeding the media with good copy that will no doubt get through to Lithuania. I know that some will say this is too little and perhaps they have a point, but doing nothing is no longer an option. Our club will always exist, irrespective of what VR decides to do with it, therefore we having nothing to fear by publicly saying to the owner ?Hearts fans have had enough of the way YOU are running OUR club?.

Very simple, I would urge all supporters to completely boycott the Hull City pre-season friendly (is this game televised?) Ask any two fans to attend and unfurl a banner with a clear message of your chosing directed at Romanov.

I would inform the press and media to ensure maximum exposure and coverage, and I would also ask Hull City fans to support our Boycott.

This would give a clear message to Vlad, we would not lose any league points, no money spent on merchandise etc, it has no effect on season ticket holders.

Two people only at the game with a banner, easy to organise, costs nowt, I think he would take notice.

Say What Again
I would also ask Hull City fans to support our Boycott.

I don't see anything wrong with the rest of your post but I can't see the quoted part happening.

Hull fans will be just like us going to Preston/Belfast etc. They'll be here for a good weekend away and their team will no doubt be fielding new signings for their first ever season in the Premiership.

Some of these signings will more than likely be the clubs record signings.

I can't see their fans coming to Edinburgh and not going to the game.

pennantjambo
I don't see anything wrong with the rest of your post but I can't see the quoted part happening.

Hull fans will be just like us going to Preston/Belfast etc. They'll be here for a good weekend away and their team will no doubt be fielding new signings for their first ever season in the Premiership.

Some of these signings will more than likely be the clubs record signings.

I can't see their fans coming to Edinburgh and not going to the game.

Not so sure. the prospect of absolutely zero opposition fans may discourage many to stay away, plus we have sufficient time to get in touch and ask them politely to support our stay away campaign.

It really would'nt take much effort on this one.

This certainly has turned into a good debate about the way forward for the fans of Hearts. Nothing at all wrong with a letter although I doubt if you can write a letter by committee as it would appear we are trying to do here.

We need a total strategy which is spearheaded by one or two individuals and takes account of the views of all Hearts fans.

Whether we like it or not JKB is not the only generator of opinions regarding Hearts although it is certainly a major player.

I would like a concerted campaign perhaps under the heading suggested by Geoff (C.H.A.R.M.) but using Mismanagement instead of Management. It should look at petitions etc., and perhaps the feasibility of boycotts, although I have my doubts about that.

It's really encouraging to witness a reasonable debate on JKB about this very serious matter.

Guest Scottish Cup Semi 2006
Judging by the different views on this forum and comments in some of today?s newspapers, there really is a distinct lack of consensus on the best way for Hearts fans to make their views known about the current malaise at the club.

Nevertheless, gone are the days of ?hat kickers? versus ?Vlad sheep?. It?s now quite clear that the vast majority of fans are sick and tired of the owners? miserable attempts at solving the problems at this great club. It is almost universally accepted that he is unwilling to relinquish his control over team and player selection and to allow the coach, if ever one is appointed, to have autonomy over all football matters.

The disagreement amongst fans, however, is about what tactics to adopt in order to show the owner that we are distinctly unhappy about the way he is ruining the future prospects and reputation of Heart of Midlothian football club. Ian Macleod held meetings at the weekend to discuss the way forward with some of his ?Save our Hearts? colleagues and we look forward to hearing their conclusions.

The one thing that is holding the fans back from a full-scale revolt against the owner is the fear that he will walk away and, frankly it has to be said, the club will cease to exist. I don?t happen to believe that that day is close because he has too much to lose financially by doing so unless he finds another buyer who is prepared to pay him for his investment and the debt we owe to his bank.

What needs to be done? What tactics do we adopt to get our message over to VR?

Not buying season tickets has failed and boycotting certain matches is also doomed to failure because fans always want to support the team, me included, despite the owners eccentric ways. The only tactic we have left is to batter VR?s ego by publicly condemning his actions through petitions, unfurling banners at matches, derogatory chants during games and generally feeding the media with good copy that will no doubt get through to Lithuania. I know that some will say this is too little and perhaps they have a point, but doing nothing is no longer an option. Our club will always exist, irrespective of what VR decides to do with it, therefore we having nothing to fear by publicly saying to the owner ?Hearts fans have had enough of the way YOU are running OUR club?.

i can't remember a concerted effort made to encourage people NOT to buy season tickets - therefore how has this tactic failed ??

this is the only way of getting through to them - if he does not have the season ticket money it is a major dent in the budget. I know its a major sacrifice BUT we are in major trouble.

i can't remember a concerted effort made to encourage people NOT to buy season tickets - therefore how has this tactic failed ??

this is the only way of getting through to them - if he does not have the season ticket money it is a major dent in the budget. I know its a major sacrifice BUT we are in major trouble.

People were advocating a boycott on season ticket sales on this site throughout the summer but it was never going to happen. I, and others who bought their new ST's, bought them because we support HEARTS not Romanov.

If Robert Mugabe bought Hearts I would still support them. I was unhappy with the Mercer years and the way Robinson was treating the club latterly but that didn't stop me supporting Hearts.

Pants Shaton
People were advocating a boycott on season ticket sales on this site throughout the summer but it was never going to happen. I, and others who bought their new ST's, bought them because we support HEARTS not Romanov.

If Robert Mugabe bought Hearts I would still support them. I was unhappy with the Mercer years and the way Robinson was treating the club latterly but that didn't stop me supporting Hearts.

There is a world of difference between not supporting Hearts and not buying a season ticket.

Some people seem to think not buying a ST precludes you from buying tickets for each individual game.

Unreliable, serial liar, owner makes promise regarding appointment of football manager; do you:

A. Buy season ticket in anticipation of him being true to his word

B. With-hold season ticket money until he fulfills the promise

C. Fail to make the connection with giving someone money before goods are delivered

D. Problems, what problems?

Most fans have forfeited the only means of protest which may have proved effective. Following the failure to secure a manager and the recent comments from our latest candidate, the panic has set in. Now people are groping for any means of protest (letters, emails, match boycotts, merchandise boycotts...) in a vain attempt to allay guilty consciences.

Everybody who renewed did so because they are Hearts fans and want what is best for the club. I happen to think that was the wrong thing to do, most people don't agree. Maybe I'm wrong, it has happened before.

I still think hitting him in the pocket is the only message which will get through to him. We've missed a trick with the STs and need to continue to support the team, so I'd propose a total ban on any other money which will end up in the coffers - buy nothing on match day from within the ground, no new strips, nothing from the club shops.

But it'll never happen unfortunately.

200milesfromgorgie
I still think hitting him in the pocket is the only message which will get through to him. We've missed a trick with the STs and need to continue to support the team, so I'd propose a total ban on any other money which will end up in the coffers - buy nothing on match day from within the ground, no new strips, nothing from the club shops.

But it'll never happen unfortunately.

i've not got a season ticket or gonna even consider buying a strip.

main reason is money. so i cant make a statement in that way, i have o take the letter option ot register my concerns.

There is a world of difference between not supporting Hearts and not buying a season ticket.

Some people seem to think not buying a ST precludes you from buying tickets for each individual game.

Unreliable, serial liar, owner makes promise regarding appointment of football manager; do you:

A. Buy season ticket in anticipation of him being true to his word

B. With-hold season ticket money until he fulfills the promise

C. Fail to make the connection with giving someone money before goods are delivered

D. Problems, what problems?

Most fans have forfeited the only means of protest which may have proved effective. Following the failure to secure a manager and the recent comments from our latest candidate, the panic has set in. Now people are groping for any means of protest (letters, emails, match boycotts, merchandise boycotts...) in a vain attempt to allay guilty consciences.

Everybody who renewed did so because they are Hearts fans and want what is best for the club. I happen to think that was the wrong thing to do, most people don't agree. Maybe I'm wrong, it has happened before.

I wasn't for one minute suggesting that not buying a ST means you are not a Hearts supporter but for me the process of supporting my team is the whole matchday experience including meeting up with friends both before the game and at the game, which I wouldn't be able to do if I bought a ticket for each individual game.

Let's get away from who is right and who is wrong about what they have done up until now and concentrate on what we can all do now that can make a real impact.

Captain America

The letter looks good, that along with other forms of protest is what we as Hearts fans need to do now, i have stated on an another thread a Show Romanov the red card in the same vain as the Show racism the red card campaign.

It seems the time of name calling is at a end and sensible discussion is here, never though i'd see the day on kickback.

That'll be the same guys that have been slaughtered

in the past on this forum.:wacko:

Brassnecked or what?

LOL - trust me when I say "water off a duck's back!". These boys happen to be the most single-minded individuals I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Criticism from anonymous usernames on here is unlikely to deflect them from anything they choose to do.

Good luck with the letter campaign.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's interesting that people seem to be demanding that someone steps forward to lead this (and I know it's rich of me to say that from x thousand miles away but it is still a valid point).

Why is no one putting themselves forward to lead it rather than demanding other people do so?

scott herbertson
It's interesting that people seem to be demanding that someone steps forward to lead this (and I know it's rich of me to say that from x thousand miles away but it is still a valid point).

Why is no one putting themselves forward to lead it rather than demanding other people do so?

Look at the slagging that guys like Derek Watson have had on here in the past,

How long after someone put themselves forward, was selected or was elected before the first post saying "He may think he speaks for all Hearts fans but he disnae speak for me"

Most of the organisations (Federation , SOH, Sheareholders the Trust) are mistrusted by a proportion of people who post on here (incorrectly in my opinion).

The only people I can think of who could lead something like this, and would have universal support would be someone like Donald Ford or John Robertson, and I don't see them rushing forward with their opinions.

I think the appointment of a Lithuanian Head Coach would probably do the trick though.....

Geoff Kilpatrick
Look at the slagging that guys like Derek Watson have had on here in the past,

How long after someone put themselves forward, was selected or was elected before the first post saying "He may think he speaks for all Hearts fans but he disnae speak for me"

Most of the organisations (Federation , SOH, Sheareholders the Trust) are mistrusted by a proportion of people who post on here (incorrectly in my opinion).

The only people I can think of who could lead something like this, and would have universal support would be someone like Donald Ford or John Robertson, and I don't see them rushing forward with their opinions.

I think the appointment of a Lithuanian Head Coach would probably do the trick though.....

I sympathise with a lot of that Scott but I think the issues surrounding Derek Watson go beyond any statement. However, I don't know the ins and outs of that so I'm not going to criticise.

And I don't think the organisations are mistrusted - it's just that the opinions they express are either personal views or representative of their membership. Yet the media exaggerate them. Iainmac already mentioned how Colleen Paterson handled that the other day. At the same time, I listened to him on the Scottish football podcast and he did get a reasonably fair hearing from the dolts like Jim Spence on there.

shaun.lawson
I'd like someone like Shaun Lawson to draft something.

I offer to proof read and edit it.

Thanks to JV for PMing me about this. I'm happy to put together a draft, though am sceptical how much it could achieve, and should warn people that it won't be expressed in a gentle, docile manner. That approach simply hasn't worked, and I think we all need to be much tougher now.

Charlie-Brown
Thanks to JV for PMing me about this. I'm happy to put together a draft, though am sceptical how much it could achieve, and should warn people that it won't be expressed in a gentle, docile manner. That approach simply hasn't worked, and I think we all need to be much tougher now.

Confrontation won't work Shaun, at least think about what your doing - anything confrontational and/or personally abusive or overly critical or personal is only going to end up in the office bin.

I understand your frustrated and angry but you have to make thoughtful actions if you want them to be productive in any way.

shaun.lawson
Confrontation won't work Shaun, at least think about what your doing - anything confrontational and/or personally abusive or overly critical or personal is only going to end up in the office bin.

I understand your frustrated and angry but you have to make thoughtful actions if you want them to be productive in any way.

Thoughtful is fine, NMH: you're dead right about that. But we have to demonstrate we have a spine, and that means being firm: much firmer than we have been so far. Clear, direct and purposeful does not equal confrontational - unless, of course, the recipient ups the ante instead of taking our opinions on board.

Charlie-Brown
Thoughtful is fine, NMH: you're dead right about that. But we have to demonstrate we have a spine, and that means being firm: much firmer than we have been so far. Clear, direct and purposeful does not equal confrontational - unless, of course, the recipient ups the ante instead of taking our opinions on board.

If you want to achieve anything then you have to find the common ground & try to create a 'we' and not a 'them' & 'us' - that is the only way you will make any positive or constructive progress. :)

We_are_the_Hearts
If you want to achieve anything then you have to find the common ground & try to create a 'we' and not a 'them' & 'us' - that is the only way you will make any positive or constructive progress. :)

WE have tried that, the pwick is not interested. Time for the gloves to come off!

Charlie-Brown

Negative actions will only be met with negative reactions - on either side, Northern Ireland was proof of that.....somebody had to break that cycle.

Archived