What are you scared of, Hearts fans?

Des' Dad

Judging by the different views on this forum and comments in some of today?s newspapers, there really is a distinct lack of consensus on the best way for Hearts fans to make their views known about the current malaise at the club.

Nevertheless, gone are the days of ?hat kickers? versus ?Vlad sheep?. It?s now quite clear that the vast majority of fans are sick and tired of the owners? miserable attempts at solving the problems at this great club. It is almost universally accepted that he is unwilling to relinquish his control over team and player selection and to allow the coach, if ever one is appointed, to have autonomy over all football matters.

The disagreement amongst fans, however, is about what tactics to adopt in order to show the owner that we are distinctly unhappy about the way he is ruining the future prospects and reputation of Heart of Midlothian football club. Ian Macleod held meetings at the weekend to discuss the way forward with some of his ?Save our Hearts? colleagues and we look forward to hearing their conclusions.

The one thing that is holding the fans back from a full-scale revolt against the owner is the fear that he will walk away and, frankly it has to be said, the club will cease to exist. I don?t happen to believe that that day is close because he has too much to lose financially by doing so unless he finds another buyer who is prepared to pay him for his investment and the debt we owe to his bank.

What needs to be done? What tactics do we adopt to get our message over to VR?

Not buying season tickets has failed and boycotting certain matches is also doomed to failure because fans always want to support the team, me included, despite the owners eccentric ways. The only tactic we have left is to batter VR?s ego by publicly condemning his actions through petitions, unfurling banners at matches, derogatory chants during games and generally feeding the media with good copy that will no doubt get through to Lithuania. I know that some will say this is too little and perhaps they have a point, but doing nothing is no longer an option. Our club will always exist, irrespective of what VR decides to do with it, therefore we having nothing to fear by publicly saying to the owner ?Hearts fans have had enough of the way YOU are running OUR club?.

Maroon Mayhem
Judging by the different views on this forum and comments in some of today?s newspapers, there really is a distinct lack of consensus on the best way for Hearts fans to make their views known about the current malaise at the club.

Nevertheless, gone are the days of ?hat kickers? versus ?Vlad sheep?. It?s now quite clear that the vast majority of fans are sick and tired of the owners? miserable attempts at solving the problems at this great club. It is almost universally accepted that he is unwilling to relinquish his control over team and player selection and to allow the coach, if ever one is appointed, to have autonomy over all football matters.

The disagreement amongst fans, however, is about what tactics to adopt in order to show the owner that we are distinctly unhappy about the way he is ruining the future prospects and reputation of Heart of Midlothian football club. Ian Macleod held meetings at the weekend to discuss the way forward with some of his ?Save our Hearts? colleagues and we look forward to hearing their conclusions.

The one thing that is holding the fans back from a full-scale revolt against the owner is the fear that he will walk away and, frankly it has to be said, the club will cease to exist. I don?t happen to believe that that day is close because he has too much to lose financially by doing so unless he finds another buyer who is prepared to pay him for his investment and the debt we owe to his bank.

Not buying season tickets has failed and boycotting certain matches is also doomed to failure because fans always want to support the team, me included, despite the owners eccentric ways. The only tactic we have left is to batter VR?s ego by publicly condemning his actions through petitions, unfurling banners at matches, derogatory chants during games and generally feeding the media with good copy that will no doubt get through to Lithuania. I know that some will say this is too little and perhaps they have a point, but doing nothing is no longer an option. Our club will always exist, irrespective of what VR decides to do with it, therefore we having nothing to fear by publicly saying to the owner ?Hearts fans have had enough of the way YOU are running OUR club?.

Given the beligerance of the man I really don't think that this would have any consequence but you're right, inaction isn't an option.

I do agree with most of that, but I feel there are some guys that were involved with SOH who would prove to be invaluable, we need their input, we need them to be the face of the fans, you know who you are guys.;)

When is the next Fans Forum?

i would love it nobody turned up to the motherwell game.

Yip...that would solve all the problems then:confused:

I do agree with most of that, but I feel there are some guys that were involved with SOH who would prove to be invaluable, we need their input, we need them to be the face of the fans, you know who you are guys.;)

That'll be the same guys that have been slaughtered

in the past on this forum.:wacko:

Brassnecked or what?

I totally agree this is one of the ways forward.

The good copy and coverage this would get would be an enormous step forward - even better if someone could get lifted for it.

I remember Stan Wood getting lifted at Tynie for his demonstration in the ground, what - 1977 or so. We spoke about this on here a couple of weeks ago.

Say What Again

If it keeps going like this, it won't just be the Motherwell game I don't turn up to. :sad:

That'll be the same guys that have been slaughtered

in the past on this forum.:wacko:

Brassnecked or what?

I have never slaughtered these guys and was one of the very few on here who supported SOH in both time at both the Orwell and every event and money, I get as annoyed as you at the people who done feck all and yet mock these guys.

I have never slaughtered these guys and was one of the very few on here who supported SOH in both time at both the Orwell and every event and money, I get as annoyed as you at the people who done feck all and yet mock these guys.

I wasnt specifically pointing the finger at you.But the grief some of the SOH boys have endured on here at times is beyond belief,considering the efforts they put in.

Even at the time of fat piepusses reign,giving out leaflets was a eye-opener...Myself and Dougie Masterton were subject to abuse on one occasion,so from now on in,im a bystander.

I wasnt specifically pointing the finger at you.But the grief some of the SOH boys have endured on here at times is beyond belief,considering the efforts they put in.

Even at the time of fat piepusses reign,giving out leaflets was a eye-opener...Myself and Dougie Masterton were subject to abuse on one occasion,so from now on in,im a bystander.

Eggo, I got the same abuse when I paid for and handed out black balloons, but don't let these folk stop you from doing the same again

Somebody needs to step forward to lead any campaign and IanMac and his colleagues would seem to me to fit the bill.

At last someone speaking sense and not being a bell end on the forum well put mate.I will be surprised if your jambo credentials are called into question;););)

NoseLikeMahe

You're right... taking no action is not an option. Neutrals have been saying for a couple of years how they can't believe Hearts fans have sat back and allowed all this to happen - they were mostly dismissed as Hobos or just jealous because "we own a bank"... They were right. They still are.

A total boycott would be a good, strong message that fans will not be ignored. The problem is so many fans who hate what the regime is doing, still love the club and want to support the team. Nobody can fault that kind of loyalty... I would say though, that some short term pain for long term gain is needed.

I - and most of my family - voted with our feet already. the club lost paying customers, including some executive seats.. not because they no longer supported Hearts, but because they could no longer sit on their hands and do nothing while one mad dictator killed their club.

Pants Shaton
petitions, unfurling banners at matches, derogatory chants during games and generally feeding the media with good copy that will no doubt get through to Lithuania

Does anyone actually think Vlad doesn't know how he is regarded by the majority of Hearts fans? The idea that one day he'll go to collect his mail, find a huge petition and start crying, "Svetlana, the Hearts fans don't like me anymore - whatever am I to do!" - it's absurd. Likewise a few banners, a cascade of black balloons and nasty chants are hardly going to phase him as he sits in his office in Vilnius leafing through his footballer ratings folder.

He knows he's unpopular! He anticipated it, in Swiss Toni-esque style, whilst we were still singing his name, "The love of the fans is like the love of a woman - they can change their minds". He doesn't care.

His 'plan' is simple:

1. Showcase Lithuanian players and others related to his 'pyramid' to increased their sell-on value.

2. Redevelop Tynecastle to incorporate commercial and residential elements (as appears to be the plan in Vilnius and Minsk: http://www.ubig.lt/index.php/projektai/real_estate/72)

If he can't see now (after 4th and 8th place finishes in the SPL) that his interference is a hindrance to our on-field success - when will he?

Does anyone actually think Vlad doesn't know how he is regarded by the majority of Hearts fans? The idea that one day he'll go to collect his mail, find a huge petition and start crying, "Svetlana, the Hearts fans don't like me anymore - whatever am I to do!" - it's absurd. Likewise a few banners, a cascade of black balloons and nasty chants are hardly going to phase him as he sits in his office in Vilnius leafing through his footballer ratings folder.

He knows he's unpopular! He anticipated it, in Swiss Toni-esque style, whilst we were still singing his name, "The love of the fans is like the love of a woman - they can change their minds". He doesn't care.

His 'plan' is simple:

1. Showcase Lithuanian players and others related to his 'pyramid' to increased their sell-on value.

2. Redevelop Tynecastle to incorporate commercial and residential elements (as appears to be the plan in Vilnius and Minsk: http://www.ubig.lt/index.php/projektai/real_estate/72)

If he can't see now (after 4th and 8th place finishes in the SPL) that his interference is a hindrance to our on-field success - when will he?

So we do absolutely nothing then. Is that the answer? I'm not saying your wrong in your assessment about VR's attitude towards a campaign but I think the time has now arrived whereby we are so frustrated that we have to do something, anything to vent our feelings, to at least try to get him to mend his ways. If the club was to fold and we had done absolutely nothing to try to prevent it I think we would all very much regret that.

Pants Shaton
So we do absolutely nothing then. Is that the answer? I'm not saying your wrong in your assessment about VR's attitude towards a campaign but I think the time has now arrived whereby we are so frustrated that we have to do something, anything to vent our feelings, to at least try to get him to mend his ways. If the club was to fold and we had done absolutely nothing to try to prevent it I think we would all very much regret that.

Protesting might make us feel better but the fate of the club rests entirely in Romanov's hands.

200milesfromgorgie
Yip...that would solve all the problems then:confused:

no i wouldn't. just means i can stretch my legs.

Geoff Kilpatrick

As requested by Des' Dad, I posted on Saturday that we have to find a position for all fans to unite around. I suggested that any organisation should be called CHARM - Concerned Hearts Against Romanov Meddling. The rationale being that some fans do not want rid of Vlad but surely almost all of us want autonomy for the manager/head coach to be left to do his job.

We could launch this as a CHARM offensive (geddit?) to say that this is our key demand in how the club is being run.

Thoughts?

gorgierules
Protesting might make us feel better but the fate of the club rests entirely in Romanov's hands.

This is the scary thing:sad:. But still we must try, anything from mass sit ins, late walk ins, banners, anything.

Even if it came to the crunch, and Vald pulls the plug (which imo I don't think he will, would lose a pile of cash) you can at least put your hand on heart and say we tried. You were their at the last stand of HMFC!

GORGIERULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jack D and coke

Its so difficult to get everyone to agree on anything regarding Hearts these days and while i think we should do something i've kinda lost the will. I was all for doing something the best part of a year ago but so many people shot you down that i got to the stage i wasn't sure i gave a **** anymore. I was spending too much time worrying about Hearts and getting worked up about things no one wanted to do anything about so i stopped going. I honestly think its too late, i think the fans are scared of him, scared of what he might do.

gorgierules
As requested by Des' Dad, I posted on Saturday that we have to find a position for all fans to unite around. I suggested that any organisation should be called CHARM - Concerned Hearts Against Romanov Meddling. The rationale being that some fans do not want rid of Vlad but surely almost all of us want autonomy for the manager/head coach to be left to do his job.

We could launch this as a CHARM offensive (geddit?) to say that this is our key demand in how the club is being run.

Thoughts?

I like the thinking behind this...

the voice from above

i fully intend not to show up so that's one...

it's still over a month away though.

200milesfromgorgie
This is the scary thing:sad:. But still we must try, anything from mass sit ins, late walk ins, banners, anything.

Even if it came to the crunch, and Vald pulls the plug (which imo I don't think he will, would lose a pile of cash) you can at least put your hand on heart and say we tried. You were their at the last stand of HMFC!

GORGIERULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~I like you 'die fighting' spirit. I still think a letter be produced that everyone can download and post to tynie/vlads castle expressing our concerns about the way the club is run. search out answers and truths behind the silence.

Pants Shaton

Thoughts?

It's a top quality acronym but it is confrontational and negative, with respect to Romanov (meddling). That sort of approach immediately provokes the target into a defensive position.

I would suggest something which is positive, unambiguous in stating our position but also conciliatory.

His 'plan' is simple:

There is little showcase in the 1st Division as there is no television coverage. And that is where Hearts are heading unless VR accepts the inevitable.

I have no problem with VR's plan provided an experienced manager/head coach is in place at the top of the pyramid.

The downfall is that no coach with 'British style' experience will touch the poison challice. Therefore, the search for candidates is moving east.

gorgierules
~I like you 'die fighting' spirit. I still think a letter be produced that everyone can download and post to tynie/vlads castle expressing our concerns about the way the club is run. search out answers and truths behind the silence.

Sounds good, a single template, requesting action to the one thing we want, for Vald to stop meddling.

All print off and sign and send it to Vlad! I would suggest you draft something up.

Sounds good, a single template, requesting action to the one thing we want, for Vald to stop meddling.

All print off and sign and send it to Vlad! I would suggest you draft something up.

Letters have been sent previously and ignored.:sad:

Pants Shaton

There is little showcase in the 1st Division as there is no television coverage. And that is where Hearts are heading unless VR accepts the inevitable.

I have no problem with VR's plan provided an experienced manager/head coach is in place at the top of the pyramid.

The downfall is that no coach with 'British style' experience will touch the poison challice. Therefore, the search for candidates is moving east.

I agree that's why it is a 'plan' and not a plan.

gorgierules

How many? if this is something that might work, it must be done in vast amounts, and I mean tons. 10,000+

200milesfromgorgie

i aint to good at the 3 R's so i would like to see someone who is good at hese type of things come forward. i would lose the point and not be able to find the right words to say.

what single letters from a supporters groupe etc? im thinking one letter that EVERYBODY sends. get a bit of attention im sure.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

As the situation we are in appears unique, all demos etc whilst necessary in many respects have to be aimed at Romaov's incompetence at running the football side.

If we can somehow get across the message that we are a very big club with a huge potential that is being catastrophically managed to the point where that potential will not be ALLOWED to be realised, maybe we just might catch the eyes somewhere of some new bidder.

Vlad needs an out. And if someone comes in I think he would grab it.

Failing that, either a complete turnaround by Vlad, or the miracle of a legitimate new bid, then we are headed for Division 1.

How many? if this is something that might work, it must be done in vast amounts, and I mean tons. 10,000+

Good idea, any idea on who would draft the letter

gorgierules

I would love too, but think I would rabble on and miss the point. I think something Short and Sharp confirming our potential, and how Vlads meddling is ruining it and off course the inclusion of the one thing we all want, and that is a coach with 100% control of the team.

Any offers anyone.......

It's a top quality acronym but it is confrontational and negative, with respect to Romanov (meddling). That sort of approach immediately provokes the target into a defensive position.

I would suggest something which is positive, unambiguous in stating our position but also conciliatory.

CHARM - Concerned Hearts Against Romanov's Mismanagement ?

200milesfromgorgie

some one who isnt gonna write a letter of threats and wild theorys. but a fair and balanced account of the club with a demand for action and communication from Vlad.

how manty non-hobo members are there on this board? i would be pretty sad if not everyone could spend a few pence on a stamp to make this happen.

John Findlay

Vladimir Romanov is the chief custodian at present. Although many will disagree he has been no better or worse than many chief custodians that have gone before him.

He wont last forever and eventually another chief custodian will takeover. Football is like that. Rightly or wrongly I still believe there will be a Heart of Midlothian for my grandchildren to go and cheer on and for their children after them.

John

gorgierules
some one who isnt gonna write a letter of threats and wild theorys. but a fair and balanced account of the club with a demand for action and communication from Vlad.

how manty non-hobo members are there on this board? i would be pretty sad if not everyone could spend a few pence on a stamp to make this happen.

Not much time need once letter drafted. Download, sign and send off.

1minute of your time might just = Change...we never know.

200milesfromgorgie

we can but try. and at the same time its not like a walk out/late walk in that seems ot split everyone 50/50. its a simple letter. i cant do any harm.

Last season PSG fans stayed out of the ground (not all of them mind) for the first 15 minutes in protest at the way the club/team was performing. Might be a decent idea for Motherwell.

PSG did lose 1-0 to thanks to an injury time defensive horse up mind if that's an omen. Paul Le Guen's face was a picture.

I'd like someone like Shaun Lawson to draft something.

I offer to proof read and edit it.

gorgierules
I'd like someone like Shaun Lawson to draft something.

I offer to proof read and edit it.

One name in the hat, would be great if you could PM SL and confirm if interested.

gorgie blizzard

I agree.

I am up for that if a letter can be drafted up. I will pass it on to as many people as possible to send on to Tynecastle.

Rudolf's Mate

Think both are a good idea (letter & staying out for 15 mins).

Would love to see a letter sent saying something along the lines of it stating that we will show our intent by staying out of the match for the first 15 minutes however if satisfactory action is not taken then it will be a complete boycott of the next game.

200milesfromgorgie
I agree.

I am up for that if a letter can be drafted up. I will pass it on to as many people as possible to send on to Tynecastle.

we should all post on a certain day for max impact! once a letter is drafted can mods make it a sticky for people to add sugestions etc?

I think this is a very good start. I am not putting myself forward as I don't think I would be able to keep my letter balanced, without getting angry, however, if someone was to type something up I would defo print it off and send it.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Vladimir Romanov is the chief custodian at present. Although many will disagree he has been no better or worse than many chief custodians that have gone before him.

He wont last forever and eventually another chief custodian will takeover. Football is like that. Rightly or wrongly I still believe there will be a Heart of Midlothian for my grandchildren to go and cheer on and for their children after them.

John

All true John, but because we survived pretty poor custodians in the past is no guarantee we will always survive in the future.

W really might go do down this time.

John Findlay
All true John, but because we survived pretty poor custodians in the past is no guarantee we will always survive in the future.

W really might go do down this time.

Go down as in relegated? If so been there done that and got the t-shirt etc. So will still be a Hearts supporter.

If you mean go down as in go to the wall alla Third Lanark? Then personally I do not see that happening whatsoever.

John

I think both are a really good idea. TBH even if Romanov doesn't take any notice we as fans need to do something to a) give vent to our feelings and B) show to the world that we are not going to sit back anymore and let the club be ruined. I hope this will at least unite the fans to some extent as it gives everyone a focus - at least we will have tried to do what we can. I will certainly do what I can.

Archived