Jamie Brandon

DB-14

5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

He absolutely 100% WAS the worst player on the park yesterday. 

Wasnt to blame for the goals conceded though.

Im not a fan btw but some of the stuff here is ridiculous 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• H2

• gashauskis9

• GinRummy

• ramrod

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Wasnt to blame for the goals conceded though.

Im not a fan btw but some of the stuff here is ridiculous 

I do see where you're coming from, Clare does have a shout but besides his two major ****ups, he at least did do some half decent things throughout the game.

Brandon was just atrocious from start to finish. Did not put one foot right all game.

12 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Boy who wants out, asked to get out and was told no. He’s been abysmally treated by the club. He’s bang average and way below our standard but we have treated him appallingly so not surprised he was awful yesterday. 

How do you know he wanted out?

Jamie Brandon wants out

:vrface:

For him to even get a game for Kelty Hearts would be a Jim'l'fix it job yet he wants away from the biggest club he will ever play for. The boy is complete horeshit. 

Edited by i8hibsh

23 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Not really a valid argument. He's 21 now. He should at least be starting to show signs of his quality and put things together by now. And it's an even less valid argument when you've got a 17 year old on the other side putting him to shame.

One of the worst players I've seen in maroon for a while. 

Really, I take it you are quite young?

On 15/09/2019 at 14:51, J80MBO said:

Maybe neither here nor there but brandon would not have made mistake clare made for goal when Clare was moved to right back

It did not cost a goal but he did do exactly the same thing as Clare in the first half.

Edited by moonraker

6 hours ago, H2 said:

Really, I take it you are quite young?

Not THAT young. 28 actually. Seen my fair share of absolute pish, but Jamie Brandon is one of the worst in recent memory, hence why I said "for a while". Last 3 or 4 years probably.

As far as full backs go, he's down there than Rherras and Oshaniwa, and quite possibly even further down with Grzelak. 

3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Not THAT young. 28 actually. Seen my fair share of absolute pish, but Jamie Brandon is one of the worst in recent memory, hence why I said "for a while". Last 3 or 4 years probably.

As far as full backs go, he's down there than Rherras and Oshaniwa, and quite possibly even further down with Grzelak. 

I agree, Brandon is one of the worst players I've seen play for Hearts in the last decade. 

5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I agree, Brandon is one of the worst players I've seen play for Hearts in the last decade. 

Are comments like that necessary, for all his shortcomings effort is not one.

As a club we like to pride ourselves on giving youth a chance we fling them to the wolves when the manager is under pressure and so far Hickey is the only one to survive.

we are all Hearts supporters and Jamie is a Hearts player, give the laddie a break.

He's just not very good.  That's the way these things are, some youth players just will never make the grade.  He looked decent when he first came on the scene but he's not shown that level of performance in a while.  We're thin on the ground with quality at full back, i'd rather see Hickey in there if he's comfortable on his right.

Not sure about Aidy white yet but he's easily a better option down the left than Brandon is the right.

2 hours ago, Morph said:

He's just not very good.  That's the way these things are, some youth players just will never make the grade.  He looked decent when he first came on the scene but he's not shown that level of performance in a while.  We're thin on the ground with quality at full back, i'd rather see Hickey in there if he's comfortable on his right.

Not sure about Aidy white yet but he's easily a better option down the left than Brandon is the right.

I agree with you it was just the abuse the laddie was getting was ridiculous after all he is a Hearts player.

10 hours ago, pattythejambo said:

As a club we like to pride ourselves on giving youth a chance we fling them to the wolves when the manager is under pressure and so far Hickey is the only one to survive.

we are all Hearts supporters and Jamie is a Hearts player, give the laddie a break.

He's shite though? He may try hard but that doesn't make him any less shite. 

Captain Sausage

If I was picked for Hearts, I can guarantee you no one would work harder over 90 minutes than me, not even Uche. 

But it wouldn’t make up for the fact that I’m absolutely shite at football. Much like Jamie Brandon. 

35 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

If I was picked for Hearts, I can guarantee you no one would work harder over 90 minutes than me, not even Uche. 

But it wouldn’t make up for the fact that I’m absolutely shite at football. Much like Jamie Brandon. 

I get it but Jamie didn’t force us to sign him and he didn’t force the manager to play him, the fact that we have no other cover is not his fault either.

i am not fighting Jamie’s corner but as a supporters we should not be slaughtering our own.

13 hours ago, pattythejambo said:

Regretfully too many are not interested in giving the young man a break, they prefer to partake in expressing their negativity at the expense of others. I wonder how they would react if people expressed their opinion on their work performance in this way, they may consider it to be libellous. It's a matter of time until a player  takes legal action over the things that people express on forums like this.

We_are_the_Hearts
8 hours ago, H2 said:

Regretfully too many are not interested in giving the young man a break, they prefer to partake in expressing their negativity at the expense of others. I wonder how they would react if people expressed their opinion on their work performance in this way, they may consider it to be libellous. It's a matter of time until a player  takes legal action over the things that people express on forums like this.

Another sign that the football that we grew up with is dead. Dearie me

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Another sign that the football that we grew up with is dead. Dearie me

Times have changed for the better, abusing people is wrong. "The football we grew up with" did not have mass social media platforms providing forums to abuse others.

We all need to wake up and consider the consequences for the person who is the subject of abuse and the effects it can have on that person.

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, H2 said:

Times have changed for the better, abusing people is wrong. "The football we grew up with" did not have mass social media platforms providing forums to abuse others.

We all need to wake up and consider the consequences for the person who is the subject of abuse and the effects it can have on that person.

Need to agree to disagree on that. 

3 minutes ago, H2 said:

Stating that someone is shit at football isn’t “abuse”.

5 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Stating that someone is shit at football isn’t “abuse”.

You'd be better debating that point with a lawyer than me, they could give you better advice.

We_are_the_Hearts
38 minutes ago, H2 said:

Really.. you think abusing people is OK?

As long as it is their football ability and performance then yes. They get paid enough to take the flak if merited.  

40 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

As long as it is their football ability and performance then yes. They get paid enough to take the flak if merited.  

Jamie Brandon probably makes the same as your average plumber.

Now the laddie is nowhere near the standard required to play for Hearts but like someone else has said its not his fault he got a contract and not his fault he plays. It’s the incompetent **** who plays him and gave him said contract to blame.

3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

"Dearie me"

On 17/09/2019 at 03:42, Arthur Morgan said:

Sowah was even worse than these guys 

• 1 month later...
On 15/09/2019 at 15:22, busby1985 said:

Boy who wants out, asked to get out and was told no. He’s been abysmally treated by the club. He’s bang average and way below our standard but we have treated him appallingly so not surprised he was awful yesterday. 

Says he hasn't considered a loan. Maybe a bit happier. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/jamie-brandon-reveals-thoughts-his-hearts-future-contract-nears-end-819264

3 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

We are slating the boy and I agree that he is not the best but what is more worrying is that our manager must rate him.!!! 

So who plays right back tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

With White out now, I think he has to go with:

Smith    Berra  Dikamona  Hickey

Brandon on the bench in case of injury to one of the CB's :wink:, allowing Smith to move across.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brandon our only real option as I think it’s vital Smith and Berra continue their good work in the middle. Past tomorrow Hickey RB and White LB our best short term option (despite Hickey’s wobbles last week).

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

With White out now, I think he has to go with:

Smith    Berra  Dikamona  Hickey

Brandon on the bench in case of injury to one of the CB's :wink:, allowing Smith to move across.

One of the most positive things to come out of last week was the central defensive partnership of Smith and Berra.

Would  be absolutely crazy to change that.

The Treasurer

Nothing against Brandon but I really don't know what Dikamona has done wrong.

He made one bad mistake against Aberdeen (having had virtually no game time pre-season) but has generally been pretty solid either at RB or CH.

50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He asked for a loan move, 100%. Paper talk because there is a chance, a very small chance, he may still be offered a deal. He’ll end up at Livi or Dunfermline or someone along those lines In the summer. 

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brandon was better than he has been v Rangers. 

This. Worried when he came on but did alright.

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This. Worried when he came on but did alright.

Haven't read whole thread for usual reasons (young player getting ripped to bits) . 

Thought Brandon did ok on Sunday but has , at times , looked shaky (Hickey was shaky on Sunday) . Surely no surprise ?

Neilson was an incredibly limited player , passing was woeful . But he was part of a good back 4 and had a good career with us .

Brandon , to me , looks a better footballer . Of course there is more to the game than that but surely you cut him some slack ? 

55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

One of the most positive things to come out of last week was the central defensive partnership of Smith and Berra.

Would  be absolutely crazy to change that.

Just trying to think what is better/worse.  Livi's best work v Celtic came down the flanks so having Smith at RB would be better. Agree with the Smith/Berra partnership though.  tough one.

Just now, sandyk said:

Just trying to think what is better/worse.  Livi's best work v Celtic came down the flanks so having Smith at RB would be better. Agree with the Smith/Berra partnership though.  tough one.

it’s is tough, I agree. Only caught the last 15 mins of livi game so wasn’t aware of that.

16 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Haven't read whole thread for usual reasons (young player getting ripped to bits) . 

Thought Brandon did ok on Sunday but has , at times , looked shaky (Hickey was shaky on Sunday) . Surely no surprise ?

Neilson was an incredibly limited player , passing was woeful . But he was part of a good back 4 and had a good career with us .

Brandon , to me , looks a better footballer . Of course there is more to the game than that but surely you cut him some slack ? 

Have to agree with this.  Thought he played well when he came on against Sevco.   Having said that hope Smith plays right back on Saturday with Dikamona alongside Berra.   Having said that think Smith better is playing in the position he played on Sunday than at right back.

Brandon did OK on Sunday but I often wonder if RB is his position.

One plus factor is his speed.

One minus factor is that he is always liable to get a card, ot two, and leave you with 10 men

I preferred Godinho to Brandon.

It's a shame because Brandon did well (remember 4-0 v Celtic) then got an injury and hasn't been the same since really.

49 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Anyone who thinks Dikamona is the answer needs to take up another sport, he is for an emergency only for a reason.

if he isn't getting a game now, what constitutes an emergency?