Jamie Brandon

DB-14

Godinho was a far better RB than Brandon....shockingly negative performance yesterday.  Another one that we need to move on I fear

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• H2

• gashauskis9

• GinRummy

• ramrod

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I actually thought yesterday was one of his better games. Would have defended their third better. Then again he is a defender 

Completely agree 100%. It’s astonishing rather than just sub Clare Levein makes that change. It’s costs us the 3rd goal.

jambo-in-furness

A nightmare substitution, Brandon off, Clare to right back, sells a goal (cos he’s playing out of position) almost immediately, Washington comes on (partially fit I presume) pulls his hamstring and probably won’t play for months.

Stewie Griffin
7 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Shows you football game of opinion because imo dikamona shout for right back his one of the most horrendous shouts heard on here and heard quite a few

Couldn't give two hoots what you think 

Boy who wants out, asked to get out and was told no. He’s been abysmally treated by the club. He’s bang average and way below our standard but we have treated him appallingly so not surprised he was awful yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Didn’t say he played well, nobody did.  Just think we’ve stooped to a new low digging into youngsters who’re being dragged in out of the cold every couple of months.

He's 21 so hardly a youngster. 

Aaron Hickey (17) is a youngster.

letsalldothebeattie

Surprised he was the one to stay as back up when we let Godinho go. Would’ve rather we kept Godinho than Brandon because at least Godinho looked a decent replacement for Smith. Will be amazed if he is still at Hearts come start of next season. Sadly just not good enough 

33 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's 21 so hardly a youngster. 

Aaron Hickey (17) is a youngster.

Craig Gordon and Jackie Macnamara were both older than Brandon when they won young player of the year, so aye he’s still a young footballer 

Didn’t think he was any worse than the rest. Yesterday’s defeat wasn’t down to Brandon, in fact if levein had left him on we probably wouldn’t have lost. 

rudi must stay

I think he has far more about him than Godinho. But Levein didn't do him any favours rushing him back v Celtic, and he's still recovering. Hopefully he turns it around but his body language and with Levein at the helm making decisions I'm not confident of that at all

16 minutes ago, Angus Ogg said:

Craig Gordon and Jackie Macnamara were both older than Brandon when they won young player of the year, so aye he’s still a young footballer 

Aye he's a young man at 21. Not a youngster, though.

Only a year younger than Souttar.

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

When did Brandon give up?

How many goals has Brandon given away?

I hate slating young lads, Jamie is a friend of a friend, and he reckons he wouldn't get a game in his junior team. 

CL has persevered with the likes of Moore and Brandon, for me we have let better go in Zannatta and Godinho. 

Every time I see Brandon he's rushed on the ball, lacks composure, very erratic in tackles and finds himself out of position far to often. Although he does give 100% every time. Not good enough to be anywhere near our first team imo.

Edited by Bking9

2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Aye he's a young man at 21. Not a youngster, though.

Only a year younger than Souttar.

Still young enough to improve his game and get confidence to play in the first team 

Just now, Angus Ogg said:

Still young enough to improve his game and get confidence to play in the first team 

Of course he is but he won't ever be good enough to play for Hearts.

4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Of course he is but he won't ever be good enough to play for Hearts.

People said that about Paul Hartley and Robbie Neilson. 

Even if he never makes it there is no reason to hammer the boy when he’s less than 30 games into his pro career 

38 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I think he has far more about him than Godinho. But Levein didn't do him any favours rushing him back v Celtic, and he's still recovering. Hopefully he turns it around but his body language and with Levein at the helm making decisions I'm not confident of that at all

I agree.  Godinho was powderpuff.

Thought he had a pretty poor game, just hasn't been the same since injury but seems to be his attitude at times too. Just lets some things run by him, or he'll go dashing miles out of position. Some of his passing was so misplaced it led to dangerous opposition counters.

He's still young and trying to bounce back with some form after injury so seems harsh he was thrown into the deep end in a struggling first team. Especially if he was told he could go, he's hardly going to feel wanted.

A shambles all round!

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Boy who wants out, asked to get out and was told no. He’s been abysmally treated by the club. He’s bang average and way below our standard but we have treated him appallingly so not surprised he was awful yesterday. 

How has he been treated abysmally? He has been given the chance to play for the 3rd biggest club in the country and earn a good wage, despite not being good enough. 

Hes brutal, nowhere near the level of the Premier League. 

However, hardly his fault, he’s playing. Been abundantly clear he’s not good enough.

I really can’t get over the Smith situation yesterday. What possible justification can there be for not having brought him on when JB was subbed? Unless CL though the game was too far gone at 1-2 and didn’t want to risk Smith being injured. But if he was that vulnerable he should have been no where near the bench. Appreciate there’s a lot to dissect but that situation alone makes me wonder what the hell is going on

Jesus beloved neither Brandon or Godinho are good enough to play for Hearts when are people going to wake up they are rubbish we need someone that can compete with Smith. Do people think Michael Smith sits in his bed at night with worry that when he is fit to come back he is going to have to work hard to get back into the team too many players are far too comfortable at this club and im fecking sick of it we are Heart Of Midlothian for feck sake it's time we operated as the third biggest team in Scotland accept mediocre players and you will get mediocre performances. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 hours ago, H2 said:

Yawn, things are bad so pick on a youngster.

Not really a valid argument. He's 21 now. He should at least be starting to show signs of his quality and put things together by now. And it's an even less valid argument when you've got a 17 year old on the other side putting him to shame.

One of the worst players I've seen in maroon for a while. 

26 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

I really can’t get over the Smith situation yesterday. What possible justification can there be for not having brought him on when JB was subbed? Unless CL though the game was too far gone at 1-2 and didn’t want to risk Smith being injured. But if he was that vulnerable he should have been no where near the bench. Appreciate there’s a lot to dissect but that situation alone makes me wonder what the hell is going on

He wanted to bring on another attacking player so instead of just taking Clare of he took Brandon off and put Clare out of position at right back. Why he didn’t just sub Clare is beyond me, it’s almost like Clare has to play every minute of every game regardless of how he’s playing. 

Easy to slaughter the guy.......Levein plays him at right back......never, ever, has been a defender...grew up playing the game in midfield and played there at Rangers.......more square pegs in round holes from Levein. Guy needs to be cut  a break.....by Kickback and Levein

Just now, gedster said:

Easy to slaughter the guy.......Levein plays him at right back......never, ever, has been a defender...grew up playing the game in midfield and played there at Rangers.......more square pegs in round holes from Levein. Guy needs to be cut  a break.....by Kickback and Levein

It's what Levein does though why play a player in the position he is best at when you can complicate things and confuse the players by playing them out of position.

He does it constantly and then wonders why he doesn't get the best out of the players.

Look at yesterday when he moved Clare to RWB. Tinker man right enough he can't help himself.

wattie exploited
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I actually thought yesterday was one of his better games. Would have defended their third better. Then again he is a defender 

you must be joking that was his worst game that i have seen him play he was murder but then again the whole team barring the Japanese guy were shit  

SomethingAboutObua

He is far and away our worst player. If you think it’s just because he’s young you’re as daft as Levein, he is atrocious every game. Can’t believe we let Godinho go so easily but think Brandon could challenge Smith for the starting XI  

Brandon is pish.

He doesn't have the skill or the temperament to make a top/average (SPL) player.

He will be at Alloa in 2 seasons.

Edit:  His contract is up at the end of the season, so 1 season.   

Not one SPL club would take him.   Seriously.

Edited by Lovecraft

Godinho was a significantly better footballer and it was debatable he was good enough tbh. Don’t think he lacks effort etc but he just isn’t very good.

Unfortunately, it is like playing with a man down. I don't like Brandon. He is rash, unpredictable, undisciplined and most of all not a very good football player. Why, then, is he still playing FFS?

3 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

you must be joking that was his worst game that i have seen him play he was murder but then again the whole team barring the Japanese guy were shit  

I wasn’t at the Hamilton game Wattie so cant really compare. 

FWIW I’d give Whelan and Halkett pass marks too

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Wasted money. And so is a DOF.

Hearts seem to be the biggest club everyone from our academy will play for. Even Paterson has not moved on at the speed I hoped.

Sadly, it does seem wasted money. We seem to just keep playing them for no other reason than they are young and they are not exactly attracting much interest for them. We even end up creating a job for when we end up loaning them out to lower league diddy teams.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts seem to be the biggest club everyone from our academy will play for. Even Paterson has not moved on at the speed I hoped.

Sadly, it does seem wasted money. We seem to just keep playing them for no other reason than they are young and they are not exactly attracting much interest for them. We even end up creating a job for when we end up loaning them out to lower league diddy teams.

Money could be better spent.

Too weak in mind and physicality. There’s no drive from the right back area but in his defence the whole team was all over the shop.

Hearts used to have good combinations in the full back/ wide mid areas. We have nothing now.  We struggle to work the ball up the park and open up space.  

Many things contribute to that, one thing is inferior players and another is it looks like it’s something we don’t work at. Chopping and changing that goes on too hinders any form players hope to find..

Edited by Debut 4

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, gedster said:

agreed - I think he's a decent player obviously struggling just now like the rest - would be better in midfield as he has an ounce of bottle to get stuck in unlike most of the the others albeit needs to keep  under control - if he does get released I reckon he will battle his way back - like Liam smith who I also thought was binned too soon

both half decent players and potential improvers but for all our much celebrated academy there's not much substance (yet) - is it next year or the year after they come flooding through ?

hickeys obviously doing well but cochrane pretty much ran a Celtic game and a derby and is now on loan and levein was quoted as saying he was his best midfielder so there's no guarantees with hickey either 

some promise coming through like the players mentioned plus Irving etc but at the moment is it any better than other clubs in the league ?

jam not next season but the season after?

He sends Macdonald out on loan when we have no right sided wide player as well as an option yesterday. Motherwell playyed the full width of the pitch yesterday and they're the away team. Crikes.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I wasn’t at the Hamilton game Wattie so cant really compare. 

FWIW I’d give Whelan and Halkett pass marks too

Halkett at least trys and Whelen passes the ball well but could do more as for Jamie he has played a lot better but on Saturday he was really bad ! 

50 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He was not the worst yesterday 

He absolutely 100% WAS the worst player on the park yesterday.