• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• shaun.lawson

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm, undoubtedly a top player, superb player, but World class?

I don’t know why it’s often overlooked how sloppy he can be?  Not up there with the Zidane’s or other past top mids imo.

In an instant he can do something brilliant but can do as much wayward stuff.

Just now, Debut 4 said:

I don’t know why it’s often overlooked how sloppy he can be?  Not up there with the Zidane’s or other past top mids imo.

He’s absolutely bang up there with the other world class players. Surely this is not even debatable?? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He’s absolutely bang up there with the other world class players. Surely this is not even debatable?? :lol: 

Why not debatable IS?  Terrific player but just think he can be a bit overly slack.

Rarely seen the likes of Zidane waste a ball. Fine lines of course 🙂

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Why not debatable IS?  Terrific player but just think he can be a bit overly slack.

If we use ZZ (probably my favourite player ever) as the yardstick, then during and since his time the only players who you class as world class would be Ronaldo 1, Pirlo, Viera, Zlatan, Henry, Messi, Buffon and Ronaldo 2... off the top of my head. Struggling to think of many more. Even then your struggling to make a case for any of them being better than Zidane. Ronaldo 1 maybe.

11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It's not. He's absolutely outstanding.

alwaysthereinspirit
20 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Reckon he’s available on loan? 

Well we do have a history there with City. Worth a punt.

17 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Iirc this is one of the debates that rears its head every year or so on jkb.  There's the tribe who are certain 'world class' means the player would be selected for a world XI, those who think it means a player who could get a game for any (or most) top countries, and those who use it to mean 'very very good'.

4 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Iirc this is one of the debates that rears its head every year or so on jkb.  There's the tribe who are certain 'world class' means the player would be selected for a world XI, those who think it means a player who could get a game for any (or most) top countries, and those who use it to mean 'very very good'.

Has to be the second option surely? First option would be best ever or something.

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I like the last one. He's a 'very very good' player I remember when Ferguson talked about Gerrard as not a top top (x10) player but he was still a top player none the less

For me hes definitely world class De Bruyne. Always brings it in big games

Edited by rudi must stay

2 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

wheres that fecking Kenneth Williams gif or whatever it is....cant find it anywhere

Stick a colon on either side of oohmatron

:oohmatron:

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I like the last one. He's a 'very very good' player I remember when Ferguson talked about Gerrard as not a top top (x10) player but he was still a top player none the less

For me hes definitely world class De Bruyne. Always brings it in big games

Gerrard and Gazza are probably the two English midfielders closest to the world class bracket in my lifetime. In my opinion. Neither could hold a candle to ZZ though.

42 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

😂😂

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Zidane's an all-time great: one of the ten best footballers in history. Of course De Bruyne is world class.

Wondering if the British football intelligentsia have woken up to how incredibly ignorant they were about Robbie Martinez. Who, y'know, was 'crap' for being relegated (and winning the FA Cup FFS) with little Wigan. How they laughed when Belgium appointed him. That's Belgium, who are now ranked number one in the world.

Edited by shaun.lawson

To me world class is someone who could walk into any team in world football. De Bruyne could. Mind you if I was playing directly against Stephen F****** O’Donnell then I’d look half decent. 

Belgium are the best team in the world with an embarrassment of quality but I’d only say they have 2 world class players. The other Hazard

Edited by DS98

56 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

De Bruyne would certainly be in my world XI.

He’s not Zidane. Zidanes like top 5 players to ever kick a ball. I wouldn’t put him near that level.

De Bruyne is certainly world class in terms of this generation of players however. 

Best center mid in the world and, except for his injured season, has been for the last couple years. 

Maybe I'm just a pathetic bitter wee loser, but I don't like that.

If a player is better than you, hurt them. 

He's a phenomenal talent, but I don't understand why we attempt to play them at football. They're better than us. They will win. Every. Time. 

So why waste our own time? Get physical from the outset and frustrate them. If we're losing anyway, might as well make it a painful night for them. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Maybe I'm just a pathetic bitter wee loser, but I don't like that.

If a player is better than you, hurt them. 

He's a phenomenal talent, but I don't understand why we attempt to play them at football. They're better than us. They will win. Every. Time. 

So why waste our own time? Get physical from the outset and frustrate them. If we're losing anyway, might as well make it a painful night for them. 

There in lies the problem of Scottish football. 

From an early age we are told to batter into players and be physical. This 'hard man' attitude has held us back for the past 20 years imo. 

I am not having a go at you by the way. Pretty sure this is a huge reason as to why we have been left behind in the world of football. 

Hope Sean Clare was watching and seen how a CM  Work rate should be 

if only Sean was Quarter the player De Brunye is wed be laughing 

25 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Zidane's an all-time great: one of the ten best footballers in history. Of course De Bruyne is world class.

Wondering if the British football intelligentsia have woken up to how incredibly ignorant they were about Robbie Martinez. Who, y'know, was 'crap' for being relegated (and winning the FA Cup FFS) with little Wigan. How they laughed when Belgium appointed him. That's Belgium, who are now ranked number one in the world.

Tbf, the Belgian fans haven't always been his biggest fans either. 

3 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Hope Sean Clare was watching and seen how a CM  Work rate should be 

if only Sean was Quarter the player De Brunye is wed be laughing 

Jesus H Christmas... I know it’s a fun game on here to squeeze a Sean Clare flogging in to every thread, but you can’t seriously be using a comparison with De Bruyne to do it?

49 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

As someone once said  how come you never see strawberry blonde hair dye? 

I think Les Jambes.

1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

De Bruyne is so good he could assist a Brexit extension for the UK government. 

A right foot that good he could knit you a jumper with it tbf.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Gerrard and Gazza are probably the two English midfielders closest to the world class bracket in my lifetime. In my opinion. Neither could hold a candle to ZZ though.

I saw Zidane boot a shot miles over once - a proper 'ave it and all.

I said I'd let him off as he had already scored 3 goals and made a 4th.

WheatfieldWarrior
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I reckon Clare would do well in that Belgium team. 

Make of that what you please 

I take it he's on pens.

15 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I saw Zidane boot a shot miles over once - a proper 'ave it and all.

I said I'd let him off as he had already scored 3 goals and made a 4th.

Even supermodels fart. :( 

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I reckon Clare would do well in that Belgium team. 

Make of that what you please 

Claire Balding?

To be fair it would've been the only ball d'in our midfield tonight.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Ginger. Should really be put into a cave somewhere with the rest of them

Except Karen Gillan & Gillian Anderson. They can stay out.

Substitute ginger for black and this becomes a grotesquely offensive post. Why should anyone be made to feel inferior for their appearance, even in jest?