Kevin De Bruyne

Crete

William H. Bonney
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I reckon Clare would do well in that Belgium team. 

Make of that what you please 

The water boy 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• shaun.lawson

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If we use ZZ (probably my favourite player ever) as the yardstick, then during and since his time the only players who you class as world class would be Ronaldo 1, Pirlo, Viera, Zlatan, Henry, Messi, Buffon and Ronaldo 2... off the top of my head. Struggling to think of many more. Even then your struggling to make a case for any of them being better than Zidane. Ronaldo 1 maybe.

Pirlo and Henry arent in the same world as De Bruyne

The only midfielders who have got close to ZZ since he finished are Xavi and Iniesta. De Bruyne could end up in that conversation though. Incredible talent and an utter joy to watch

14 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Substitute ginger for black and this becomes a grotesquely offensive post. Why should anyone be made to feel inferior for their appearance, even in jest?

Cheer up Martin. Redheads are winning the evolutionary battle.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/the-surprising-health-benefits-of-being-ginger/

I do agree that Barack's post was grotesquely offensive though. How could he have left Sarah-Jane Mee out?!

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Mmmm, undoubtedly a top player, superb player, but World class?

I don’t know why it’s often overlooked how sloppy he can be?  Not up there with the Zidane’s or other past top mids imo.

In an instant he can do something brilliant but can do as much wayward stuff.

He is a top player but nowhere near Zidane and never will be 

5 minutes ago, Miko said:

The only midfielders who have got close to ZZ since he finished are Xavi and Iniesta. De Bruyne could end up in that conversation though. Incredible talent and an utter joy to watch

Iniesta is the best midfielder I have ever seen he was unreal 

Edited by NB GIN

9 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Cheer up Martin. Redheads are winning the evolutionary battle.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/the-surprising-health-benefits-of-being-ginger/

I do agree that Barack's post was grotesquely offensive though. How could he have left Sarah-Jane Mee out?!

I regularly make a joke about being ginger and I'm generally pretty thick skinned. It's just odd that ginger hair is one of the few things that can still be made fun of without recrimination.

It's not even because it's not a racist or cultural grouping. If the comment had been say 'all women with fat arses should be put into a cave, except Kim Kardashian' there would have also been an audible gasp. What is it about redheads that makes us fair game?

I say all this as someone who fully agrees that PC culture has gone way too far in many ways.

rambothejambo
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Gerrard and Gazza are probably the two English midfielders closest to the world class bracket in my lifetime. In my opinion. Neither could hold a candle to ZZ though.

Surely Paul Scholes comes into that class level? Or is it because he's ginger?

20 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

De Bruyne is world class. 

Zidane is universe class. 

Yep. We need a different measurement scale to define players like Zidane. Universal class is appropriate.  

2 minutes ago, rambothejambo said:

Surely Paul Scholes comes into that class level? Or is it because he's ginger?

And Frank Lampard .

Fwiw Scholes was better than both...by a distance. 

16 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

De Bruyne is world class. 

Zidane is universe class. 

Seeing as we're talking about gingers, Zidane reckoned the best player he ever faced was Paul Scholes, said he was undoubtedly the greatest midfielder of his generation.

But anyway, de Bruyne is different, he's incredible as an attacking force, spectacularly good. Someone like Zidane could run the game and destroy you while someone like de Bruyne could see the ball half a dozen times in a game and destroy you. 

Zidane's a true great, you can't argue with that. De Bruyne's not there yet but if he gets back consistently to where he was before his injury you never know, a CL win with maybe a major tournament with Belgium could well elevate him. At 28 there's no reason he couldn't have another 5 years in him too, I think he's epic. 

KdB has 2 sons, one called Mason, the other called Rome.

I figure he's hankering for a move to Glasgow and wants to keep all options open.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Let's step this ****er up, shall we...?

Screenshot_20190910-000159_Google.jpg

Not quite an Amelia Pond look but 😍

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I think Les Jambes.

Sunset Rouge!!! 

56 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Even supermodels fart. :( 

You’ve been shagging the fake ones then as the real ones got their fartyholios bleached to stop them from farting. 

42 minutes ago, Miko said:

Pirlo and Henry arent in the same world as De Bruyne

😒

21 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I regularly make a joke about being ginger and I'm generally pretty thick skinned. It's just odd that ginger hair is one of the few things that can still be made fun of without recrimination.

It's not even because it's not a racist or cultural grouping. If the comment had been say 'all women with fat arses should be put into a cave, except Kim Kardashian' there would have also been an audible gasp. What is it about redheads that makes us fair game?

I say all this as someone who fully agrees that PC culture has gone way too far in many ways.

I doubt it most would of just said fair enough and understood it was because Kims arse wouldn’t fit in any cave entrance. 🤔

same with those losing their hair and requiring a wooly willy solution. Get picked on all the time. Its unacceptable 😒

Edited by sadj

WheatfieldWarrior
29 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

You need a pressure group to be taken seriously.  Might I suggest you call it the red headed league?

12 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

You need a pressure group to be taken seriously.  Might I suggest you call it the red headed league?

Ginger lives matter :lol:

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Zidane's an all-time great: one of the ten best footballers in history. Of course De Bruyne is world class.

Wondering if the British football intelligentsia have woken up to how incredibly ignorant they were about Robbie Martinez. Who, y'know, was 'crap' for being relegated (and winning the FA Cup FFS) with little Wigan. How they laughed when Belgium appointed him. That's Belgium, who are now ranked number one in the world.

Even Levein would get results out of that team

chuck berrys hairline
4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Substitute ginger for black and this becomes a grotesquely offensive post. Why should anyone be made to feel inferior for their appearance, even in jest?

It's racist no other ways about it as soon as you define someone by any sort of feature you've crossed the line 

8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If we use ZZ (probably my favourite player ever) as the yardstick, then during and since his time the only players who you class as world class would be Ronaldo 1, Pirlo, Viera, Zlatan, Henry, Messi, Buffon and Ronaldo 2... off the top of my head. Struggling to think of many more. Even then your struggling to make a case for any of them being better than Zidane. Ronaldo 1 maybe.

ZZ was magic, but Messi better than anyone you've mentioned by a country mile. Ronaldinho was bad either, or Hagi, Stojkovic and Stoichkov. All about  Opinions?

Oh and Viera :rofl:

6 hours ago, His name is said:

Even Levein would get results out of that team

Strange how Martinez' predecessor didn't then, huh?

10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The best creative and/or attacking players since the mid-1990s

Messi

C. Ronaldo

Iniesta

Zidane

Ronaldo

Baggio

Xavi

Pirlo

Ronaldinho

Del Piero

Rivaldo

Bergkamp

Batistuta

D. Silva

Modric

Hazard

De Bruyne

Scholes

Bale

Nedved

Giggs

Suarez

Kroos

Schweinsteiger

Henry

Edited by shaun.lawson

13 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Messi

C. Ronaldo

Iniesta

Zidane

Ronaldo

Baggio

Xavi

Pirlo

Ronaldinho

Del Piero

Rivaldo

Bergkamp

Batistuta

D. Silva

Modric

Hazard

De Bruyne

Scholes

Bale

Nedved

Giggs

Suarez

Kroos

Schweinsteiger

Henry

Neymar, Hagi, Kaka, Shearer? 

Oh and Figo wasn't too bad!

Edited by ri Alban

The Old Tolbooth

As I pointed out to one person last night, when you've got McTominay on one side, and De Bruyne on the other, then that's the difference between Scotland and Belgium, or Man Utd and Man City (he's a Man Utd fan), he kinda went quiet after that. 

The Old Tolbooth

Messi

C. Ronaldo

Iniesta

Zidane

Ronaldo

Baggio

Xavi

Pirlo

Ronaldinho

Del Piero

Rivaldo

Bergkamp

Batistuta

D. Silva

Modric

Hazard

De Bruyne

Scholes

Bale

Nedved

Giggs

Suarez

Kroos

Schweinsteiger

Henry

Gerrard, Lampard? 

Samuel Camazzola
25 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Messi

C. Ronaldo

Iniesta

Zidane

Ronaldo

Baggio

Xavi

Pirlo

Ronaldinho

Del Piero

Rivaldo

Bergkamp

Batistuta

D. Silva

Modric

Hazard

De Bruyne

Scholes

Bale

Nedved

Giggs

Suarez

Kroos

Schweinsteiger

Henry

Riquelme, Kinkladze, Villa, Figo

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

wheres that fecking Kenneth Williams gif or whatever it is....cant find it anywhere

Tried to find it for the wand comment as well. 

Was set nicely. 

Booooooo

26 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

As I pointed out to one person last night, when you've got McTominay on one side, and De Bruyne on the other, then that's the difference between Scotland and Belgium, or Man Utd and Man City (he's a Man Utd fan), he kinda went quiet after that. 

Belgium have an embarrassment of riches, and Scotland have Matt Ritchie.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Messi

C. Ronaldo

Iniesta

Zidane

Ronaldo

Baggio

Xavi

Pirlo

Ronaldinho

Del Piero

Rivaldo

Bergkamp

Batistuta

D. Silva

Modric

Hazard

De Bruyne

Scholes

Bale

Nedved

Giggs

Suarez

Kroos

Schweinsteiger

Henry

People will debate that list, but the guys at the top of the list are a level above some of the others. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Even supermodels fart. :( 

Great sales idea. 

Bottled farts. 

I'd by Holy Valance bottled farts by the case load. 

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

KdB has 2 sons, one called Mason, the other called Rome.

I figure he's hankering for a move to Glasgow and wants to keep all options open.

Is the third one going to be called nasaly voiced junkie filth merchant?

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is the third one going to be called nasaly voiced junkie filth merchant?

Are you looking for a neighbour?

jack D and coke
12 hours ago, OTT said:

Maybe I'm just a pathetic bitter wee loser, but I don't like that.

If a player is better than you, hurt them. 

He's a phenomenal talent, but I don't understand why we attempt to play them at football. They're better than us. They will win. Every. Time. 

So why waste our own time? Get physical from the outset and frustrate them. If we're losing anyway, might as well make it a painful night for them. 

Absolutely. Scotland has lost everything we were good at, we let teams play. 

We were good at high intensity, pressure football and probably a physical style but we’ve tried (and failed miserably) to adopt a more continental style of pass pass pass pass zzzzzzz honestly it’s driving me up the wall. This passive shite is what we’re getting from Hearts as well nowadays. Add to the going over a cliff loss of real talent we’re going round in this whirlpool down the ****ing plughole as a football nation. 

We pass it around with no end product until it ends up getting punted half the length of the park and give it away whereas the foreign sides pass it around waiting for an opening then strike. 

14 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

A right foot that good he could knit you a jumper with it tbf.

:gok:Best patter I've read in a while.

Regal Kingston

KDB was superb last night. 

He is a joy to watch most times that he plays.

He could well be considered the best player in the world in a couple of years. 

He justifies the Zidane comparisons. 

He is a joy to watch. Does it week in week out too in a very tough league. Needs a world cup win to put him in with yer Zidane's, Maradonna's etc but then again, so do Messi and Ronaldo

21 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He is a joy to watch. Does it week in week out too in a very tough league. Needs a world cup win to put him in with yer Zidane's, Maradonna's etc but then again, so do Messi and Ronaldo

For me Zidane is the greatest because he’s bossed games and won games at the absolute pinnacle of the game.

His performances at 98 WC, 2 goals in the final.

His performances v Spain and Portugal at Euro 2000 were probably the best individual performances from a midfield player I’ve ever seen.

His goal in the Champions League Final, a ridiculously, technically brilliant volley with what is meant to be his weaker foot, the control and touch to hit that into the top corner from the ball coming down directly above him is phenomenal, no one else could have scored that, maybe Van Basten would have the technical ability to score it, possibly the greatest goal ever scored.

His performances at 2006 WC v Brazil especially and of course another goal in a WC final. Had he not nutted Materazzi, he’d have won France 2 world cups. 

And he played like that almost every week, bossing games with sublime magic at the highest level in Serie A when it was the best league on the planet and of course as a Galactico at the greatest side, Real Madrid.

Who comes close to what he has achieved? 

The guy was out of this universe. A god amongst men. Kevin De Bruyne is a great player but he will never achieve Zidane level, not even in his wildest dreams.

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, benny said:

Zidane was amazing but he never bossed a tournament like Platini did in Euro 84.

Maradona 1986 beats both of them

Can anyone name a midfielder at present as good as De Bruyne   ??

Modric i suppose 

Not forwards/wingers/inside forwards 

also excluding Peter Haring .

Edited by Iamborg

19 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Jesus H Christmas... I know it’s a fun game on here to squeeze a Sean Clare flogging in to every thread, but you can’t seriously be using a comparison with De Bruyne to do it?

I was not floggin clare mate I’m just sayin I wish  he had quarter of the mans talent . It was just goin through my head watching game 👍 

19 hours ago, Barack said:

If you had half the brain of of Kumquat, "wed" be laughing too.

As it is..we are.👍🏻

I can see your a very funny man Barack 

Either that or been on the swally and noising folk up 👍

14 minutes ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

I was not floggin clare mate I’m just sayin I wish  he had quarter of the mans talent . It was just goin through my head watching game 👍 

Fair enough. Just always find it a bit falling seeing Hearts players piled on, on every thread, even when the thread has nothing to do with them. Clare always gets it tight regardless of the topic. 

12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Neymar, Hagi, Kaka, Shearer? 

Oh and Figo wasn't too bad!

Kaka and Figo, yes. Neymar is omitted from my list for being a cheating, diving, horrible, odious wee prick. Hagi came too early for this list (ditto Stoitchkov). Shearer pre-injury? Undoubtedly. Shearer post-injury? Nope. See also: both Owen and Rooney.

11 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Riquelme, Kinkladze, Villa, Figo

Villa yes. Riquelme? Not quite. His image always outstripped the reality: big fish in a small pond. Kinkladze? :rofl: 

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

People will debate that list, but the guys at the top of the list are a level above some of the others. 

Yes, for sure. But there's a difference between 'world class' and 'all time great'. 

12 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Gerrard, Lampard? 

For their clubs? Undoubtedly. For the national team? Nowhere near it. By the end of their careers, I had far more time for Lampard: he changed his whole game, and became a better all-round footballer for it. Gerrard never changed at any point. Mr Hollywood Passes, Mr I'm Gonna Lamp It From 30 Yards never had the nous or discipline to play in central midfield at the most rarefied levels. It was shit or bust with him, all the time.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Samuel Camazzola

Kaka and Figo, yes. Neymar is omitted from my list for being a cheating, diving, horrible, odious wee prick. Hagi came too early for this list (ditto Stoitchkov). Shearer pre-injury? Undoubtedly. Shearer post-injury? Nope. See also: both Owen and Rooney.

Villa yes. Riquelme? Not quite. His image always outstripped the reality: big fish in a small pond. Kinkladze? :rofl: 

Yes, for sure. But there's a difference between 'world class' and 'all time great'. 

I'd question the fact you included Kroos ahead of Figo, Zlatan, Villa and dozens of others! 😂