• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Natural Orders said:

David Vanecek - 1/10

He came, Levein called him rubbish, he left

sums things up 😂

The amount of money and time we spent on him as well. And NO questions asked. It's the Levein way or the highway. Has any first team coach in the world got so much power at a club? 

6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

David Vanecek - 1/10

sums things up 😂

I'm sure the coach had a very frank discussion with the director of football after that debacle. 

6 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Has any first team coach in the world got so much power at a club? 

Pretty sure Sir Alex held even more power at Man Utd. Although I think he had to earn it over time with 52 trophies in his career. 

Some way ahead of our esteemed leader. 

9 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Pretty sure Sir Alex held even more power at Man Utd. Although I think he had to earn it over time with 52 trophies in his career. 

Some way ahead of our esteemed leader. 

Just hope Craig hasn't got any sons. 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Plenty room for disagreements with some if those ratings.

Of course there is, it's just knockabout pub chat for the likes of us to foam over. 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

Gomis a 6/10 :gok:

What a load of tosh. Arguably our player of the season in the Championship.

I laughed quite a bit at that. A player I always felt we were too hasty to dump.

7 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

70 signings! That tells its own story. 5 year plan my arse

If you look around other teams it's pretty standard.

Morgaro Gomis - 6/10

Another Dundee United alum, the midfielder featured in every game of the promotion season but then fell out of favour.

Michael Smith - 7/10

Consistent performer at right-back who has earned six International caps for Northern Ireland.

Peter Haring - 7/10

Signed as a defender, Haring moved into midfield and did well enough to earn a contract extension to 2022.

Sean Clare - 8/10

Can be inconsistent, but that’s only to be expected at 22 and Clare was one of Hearts’ best performers last season.

Zdenek Zlamal - 8/10

The veteran Czech has quickly become a fan favourite, earning the nickname “Bobby” as no-one can pronounce his first name.

:cornette: :cornette:

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

3/10 for Nowak is a bit harsh. He was never going to make it long term with us but I thought he did ok when called upon.

Yep. I'd have kept him tbh, was a bit disappointed he left. Would've been a good squad player.

Absolute Scenes

One of the worst written articles I've ever read

example: Sean Clare 8/10: is inconsistent, but one of the best players last season (?????!!!!!!????????)

Michael Smith: 7/10: Mr Consistent

WHAT

Edited by Absolute Scenes

15 minutes ago, Scotland said:

Morgaro Gomis - 6/10

Another Dundee United alum, the midfielder featured in every game of the promotion season but then fell out of favour.

Michael Smith - 7/10

Consistent performer at right-back who has earned six International caps for Northern Ireland.

Peter Haring - 7/10

Signed as a defender, Haring moved into midfield and did well enough to earn a contract extension to 2022.

Sean Clare - 8/10

Can be inconsistent, but that’s only to be expected at 22 and Clare was one of Hearts’ best performers last season.

Zdenek Zlamal - 8/10

The veteran Czech has quickly become a fan favourite, earning the nickname “Bobby” as no-one can pronounce his first name.

:cornette: :cornette:

:rofl:

queensferryjambo

Jon McLaughlin = 7/10 - FFS he was excellent and set Hearts record for consecutive league clean sheets in his only season.

Zlamal = 8/10.

Sums up the entire survey. 

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Jon McLaughlin = 7/10 - FFS he was excellent and set Hearts record for consecutive league clean sheets in his only season.

Zlamal = 8/10.

Sums up the entire survey. 

Yup, Keena and Burns "misses" too

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

One of the worst written articles I've ever read

example: Sean Clare 8/10: is inconsistent, but one of the best players last season (?????!!!!!!????????)

Michael Smith: 7/10: Mr Consistent

WHAT

It’s given me a good laugh this morning tbf :lol:

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It’s given me a good laugh this morning tbf :lol:

giving ozturk a 9/10 for scoring a goal in the derby :laugh:

It certainly has me laughing away too!

Still annoys me that Isma wasnt given more time with a good goalscoring record of better than 1 in 3.  He did look lazy on the pitch but I've no doubt he would have kept scoring goals for us.

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

David Vanecek - 1/10

sums things up 😂

Don't need to actually read anymore after big Dave ☹️

70 signings that’s almost Romanov-esq

No one can accuse AB or the board of not backing him in his scattergun approach to signings , can’t believe some of the shit he’s signed and some on contracts of ridiculous lengths that have done nothing but cost the club money !!! 

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

70 signings that’s almost Romanov-esq

No one can accuse AB or the board of not backing him in his scattergun approach to signings , can’t believe some of the shit he’s signed and some on contracts of ridiculous lengths that have done nothing but cost the club money !!! 

I was listening to Mikey Stewart go on about the number of signings, and had a quick look at some of the other teams.  I only looked at three - Hibs, Rangers and Motherwell.  All of them had signed more players in the same period as Hearts had.

I think it is one of the consequences of the wages available elsewhere, notably in England.  It's tough to get players to sign, and tough to retain them if they are remotely successful as they can be off and fill their boots.  The most successful sides of late - Celtic, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen have managed to hang on to key players for longer periods. 

I think Levein's time as coach is up, but I'm seeing the reduction in number of signings, and some of the longer deals being signed, as good indicators that the squad is getting there.  The football hasn't been great, but hopefully we can find a Stevie Clarke who'll find the makings in place.  Hope so, anyway.

Are we just ignoring the fact that CL only did the paperwork for most of the signings, after they were selected by Neilson or Cathro?

People act like we're the only club to have a DoF ffs.

Imagine it was 70 girlfriends or 70 cars.  I'll try this one after a week sod that i made a mistake there i'll get another one, after a week .........and on and on and on.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Are we just ignoring the fact that CL only did the paperwork for most of the signings, after they were selected by Neilson or Cathro?

People act like we're the only club to have a DoF ffs.

Neilson said he asked for 6’2” midfielder for example and was given a choice of 3/4 players. Cathro didn’t pick most of the signings, they were MacPhees choice. Did he know Sowah or Bikey? Isma was the only guy he would’ve known much about.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neilson said he asked for 6’2” midfielder for example and was given a choice of 3/4 players. Cathro didn’t pick most of the signings, they were MacPhees choice. Did he know Sowah or Bikey? Isma was the only guy he would’ve known much about.

This has been done to death. 

The manager/Head coach has final say on incoming players.

CL may have said 'Hi Cathro, I've heard there's a chance we can get Berra in, want me to go ahead with it?' 

It's nonsense that players were just forced upon the manager.

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Imagine it was 70 girlfriends or 70 cars.  I'll try this one after a week sod that i made a mistake there i'll get another one, after a week .........and on and on and on.

State of the motors I'd dread to think.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

This has been done to death. 

The manager/Head coach has final say on incoming players.

CL may have said 'Hi Cathro, I've heard there's a chance we can get Berra in, want me to go ahead with it?' 

It's nonsense that players were just forced upon the manager.

Like Swanson? I didn’t say they were forced on them but you said they chose them which isn’t strictly the truth. If you pick apples in the supermarket you can only choose from what they have, I heard Eric Cantona say the other day 😜,

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I found John Murray's car tho.

clowncar.jpg

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like Swanson? I didn’t say they were forced on them but you said they chose them which isn’t strictly the truth. If you pick apples in the supermarket you can only choose from what they have, I heard Eric Cantona say the other day 😜,

I like to forget Swanson ever dirtied the club with his presence.

Although I have no evidence to back this up, I'm sure Robbie signed off on him coming to the club.