Craig's 70 signings rated

kimosavi

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The amount of money and time we spent on him as well. And NO questions asked. It's the Levein way or the highway. Has any first team coach in the world got so much power at a club? 

Derek Mcinnes runs Aberdeen. So much so he got them to create a 70 million pound development 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• iantjambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, naeclue said:

I was listening to Mikey Stewart go on about the number of signings, and had a quick look at some of the other teams.  I only looked at three - Hibs, Rangers and Motherwell.  All of them had signed more players in the same period as Hearts had.

I think it is one of the consequences of the wages available elsewhere, notably in England.  It's tough to get players to sign, and tough to retain them if they are remotely successful as they can be off and fill their boots.  The most successful sides of late - Celtic, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen have managed to hang on to key players for longer periods. 

I think Levein's time as coach is up, but I'm seeing the reduction in number of signings, and some of the longer deals being signed, as good indicators that the squad is getting there.  The football hasn't been great, but hopefully we can find a Stevie Clarke who'll find the makings in place.  Hope so, anyway.

In my defence I never listen to MS however  I am surprised to hear we’ve signed less players than the 3 you mention. There’s no doubt that players will want a longer contract to compensate less wages however that makes it vitally  important we target the right one when signing , not going for sammon vanacek etc . 

I understand not all will be a success but we seem to have signed a lot that aren’t of the standard we need .

25 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

State of the motors I'd dread to think.

1961 Ford Popular 2 door, 998 cc, 3 forward gears and goes great going down hill with vacuum window wipers that nearly stop going up steep hills. £30.

My first car.

I suspect every team signs more than we realise and probably about the same number as we do.

However, they do not have a DoF who is supposed to put a halt to the high turnover of players by making sure we bring in the right players and ensuring continuity between Head Coaches without the usual upheaval when a change is made.

3 hours ago, Anderson5 said:

Pretty sure Sir Alex held even more power at Man Utd. Although I think he had to earn it over time with 52 trophies in his career. 

Some way ahead of our esteemed leader. 

About 52 ahead

We_are_the_Hearts
31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Derek Mcinnes runs Aberdeen. So much so he got them to create a 70 million pound development 

Aye cause Milne would put him before the supporters. If McInness has a run of form like ours he will be well out on his ear

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And Jon McLaughlin a 7...

Agreed. The same mark as Perry Kitchen.

This same website also released an article today claiming we have sold less shirts than Motherwell, and those boycotting rangers fans still bought more than Celtic. I think their reliability might be somewhat off.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Aye cause Milne would put him before the supporters. If McInness has a run of form like ours he will be well out on his ear

Mcinnes last 3 seasons 

2nd, 3rd, 4th.

No Cup finals last season. 

We need to Improve but Aberdeen have declined over the last 3 seasons. 

They were at a higher base to start with but they are in decline. 

We were at a lower base but actually improved last season v the season before, because of the cup performance. 

To sack mcinnes I think it would cost Aberdeen about £1m if his new deal reported is close to being true. 

Im guessing who ever rated them never actually watch Hearts play? some very generous ratings for a lot of duds and some of our better performers with low marks. What a waste of time.

We_are_the_Hearts
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mcinnes last 3 seasons 

2nd, 3rd, 4th.

We were at a lower base but actually improved last season v the season before, because of the cup performance. 

To sack mcinnes I think it would cost Aberdeen about £1m if his new deal reported is close to being true. 

They have stayed the same. The only thing that has changed is Scottish Football is back to being dominated by Celtic and Rangers. Yes Rangers, they didn't fall into decline after losing THAT final. Killed half of our songbook though

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Imagine it was 70 girlfriends or 70 cars.  I'll try this one after a week sod that i made a mistake there i'll get another one, after a week .........and on and on and on.

Only makes sense if you have a selection of 25 girlfriends and need 11 of them to work well together each week. 

There’s no denying we’ve signed a very high number of players and there’s a load of duffers in there.

There’s also no denying Hibs and Rangers have signed even more players than us during the same period and had even more duffers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

There’s no denying we’ve signed a very high number of players and there’s a load of duffers in there.

There’s also no denying Hibs and Rangers have signed even more players than us during the same period and had even more duffers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fair enough.

Levein must stay?

Johnny Sandiego
2 hours ago, naeclue said:

I was listening to Mikey Stewart go on about the number of signings, and had a quick look at some of the other teams.  I only looked at three - Hibs, Rangers and Motherwell.  All of them had signed more players in the same period as Hearts had.

I think it is one of the consequences of the wages available elsewhere, notably in England.  It's tough to get players to sign, and tough to retain them if they are remotely successful as they can be off and fill their boots.  The most successful sides of late - Celtic, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen have managed to hang on to key players for longer periods. 

I think Levein's time as coach is up, but I'm seeing the reduction in number of signings, and some of the longer deals being signed, as good indicators that the squad is getting there.  The football hasn't been great, but hopefully we can find a Stevie Clarke who'll find the makings in place.  Hope so, anyway.

Good post and puts things into perspective. I checked Aberdeen and they are 64 in the same period of time, so only 1 less a season. Our list also had some guys who were purley signed for the youth team and some guys who got injured without playing a game.

When you consider we started this period coming out of admin with onky a handfull of 1st team players on the books, then also had a promotion, our numbers actully appear to be ok.

The issue for me isnt the amount of players we've signed, but just the managers coaching them and not getting the best out of them.

I think this season has actully been the first where we have definately seen quality over quantity, there wasnt a scatter gun approach when you look at who we've brought in. If the club accept that Levein cant do the job and get a new head coach then i actully think we will do well this season with the squad we have.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mcinnes last 3 seasons 

2nd, 3rd, 4th.

Pretty sure Aberdeen made a cup final and finished miles ahead of us. 

53 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Difference is they have finished ahead of us and haven’t got a director of football going on about developments and consistency. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Funnily enough the terrace lads discussed McInnes and his ott influence at Aberdeen on a podcast i was listening to yesterday. A 70million pound development because the training ground in his opinion should be beside the stadium. 🤔

Mcinnes last 3 seasons 

2nd, 3rd, 4th.

Aberdeen played Celtic in the final last season. 

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

The five year shan!!

This pish again. The five year plan thats thrown out to try and have a pop at Levein when it was related to rebuilding the club off the pitch. **** me.🙈🙈

25 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Difference is they have finished ahead of us and haven’t got a director of football going on about developments and consistency. 

No but the both have DoFs. Our DoF was criticised for not speaking much in public when only DoF. Now he is HC aswell he is criticised for saying things a HC should say. 🤷🏻‍♂️

One argument against a DoF with us is picking players to suit a style. Hibs have given autonomy to Hecky instead of sticking with a style that worked for them and its gone tits. Rangers just try and sign a cast of thousands every window just now. How much thats Allen? And how much its Gerrard who knows. McInnes has too much influence at Aberdeen in terms of off the field/recruitment etc. He has some credit in the bank though which Levein hasn’t.(though if you ask Aberdeen fans they want rid of him too and itll take way more than 1mil to pay him off)

5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

One of the worst written articles I've ever read

example: Sean Clare 8/10: is inconsistent, but one of the best players last season (?????!!!!!!????????)

Michael Smith: 7/10: Mr Consistent

WHAT

Agreed.  Clearly written  by Stevie Wonder.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Aberdeen played Celtic in the final last season. 

Good shout 👍

I remember watching it, dull as hell. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I like to forget Swanson ever dirtied the club with his presence.

Although I have no evidence to back this up, I'm sure Robbie signed off on him coming to the club.

Possibly, certainly didn’t play the little scummy Hibs can’t 🤪🤪🤪

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mcinnes last 3 seasons 

2nd, 3rd, 4th.

I think it’s actually 2nd, 2nd, 4th. 

Aberdeen made the league cup final last season.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Good post and puts things into perspective. I checked Aberdeen and they are 64 in the same period of time, so only 1 less a season.

Except the 64 signings by Aberdeen include this summer. The article quoted in the OP does not include anyone we signed this summer. If you include Naismith as a separate signing in each of last 3 seasons we are actually over 80 first team players since summer 2014. 

I wonder how long until we get our 100th signing under the Budge/Levein regime?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

I think it’s actually 2nd, 2nd, 4th. 

Aberdeen made the league cup final last season.

Except the 64 signings by Aberdeen include this summer. The article quoted in the OP does not include anyone we signed this summer. If you include Naismith as a separate signing in each of last 3 seasons we are actually over 80 first team players since summer 2014. 

I wonder how long until we get our 100th signing under the Budge/Levein regime?

I've totally Donald sucked it then. 🙄

Although 2nd to 4th in a season is still a decline. 

Did they not make 2 finals the season before well?

My decline comment from the previous season to last still stands, although I made an arse of it. 

We actually improved in that time, although we were starting from a lower base. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good shout 👍

I remember watching it, dull as hell. 

The semi final was a bit epic. Plot lost

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The semi final was a bit epic. Plot lost

Ours was shite. 

😭

Fighting amongst ourselves and all sorts. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ours was shite. 

😭

Fighting amongst ourselves and all sorts. 

Picnic compared to their Scottish Cup 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Picnic compared to their Scottish Cup 

Aberdeen haven’t won that in the last 30 years. 

Cannae remember, penalties was it not? 

Guest ToqueJambo

"There’s been a lot of chatter recently about the fact Craig Levein has signed 70 - yes, 70 - players since returning to Hearts."

It took 2 mins on wikipedia where every signing each season is listed to research that Hibs have signed 71 players in the same period. YES, 71! Could do the same with Rangers and Aberdeen and the numbers might be similar, especially Rangers, and that's with fewer managerial changes.

If we take it up to the present day, Hibs have signed 81 to our 78.

This is a classic example of a myth that gets put around until people believe it's true, like "big physical Hearts."

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

70 signings that’s almost Romanov-esq

No one can accuse AB or the board of not backing him in his scattergun approach to signings , can’t believe some of the shit he’s signed and some on contracts of ridiculous lengths that have done nothing but cost the club money !!! 

Hibs signed 71 in the same period, or 81 to our 78 if you take it up to the end of the last window.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen haven’t won that in the last 30 years. 

Cannae remember, penalties was it not? 

Last season's semi buddy. Imploded 

PhoenixHearts

..... Where to begin?

I don't know why I kept reading past the part where they gave Igor Rossi a lower score than Perry Kitchen and Juanma... 

Michael Smith and Peter Haring lower scores than Bobby Zlamal and Sean Clare? I know Smith is a "consistent 7/10 player", but he's at least an 8 for me. Haring too.

Bobby better than Jon McLaughlin, aye?

Did we all just collectively imagine Uche?

And even being nitpicky about irrelevant players, Błazej Augustyn was at LEAST a 5/10. Not amazing by any means, but certainly better than others who have been given 3/10 scores.

Boy knows ****all.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Last season's semi buddy. Imploded 

I'm gonna give up, my lack of knowledge / interest in Aberdeen is making me look like a bigger arse than normal. 😂😂