Jump to content
pointon

Budgement day 2

Recommended Posts

Tenor
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

  

 

Simon Gray will be gutted. 

Pictures of Robbie scoring the winner all over ER. 

Poor Gray gets no credit. 

 

 

I don't think Simon Gray would have cared all that much...

 

image.png.cd8cb4501850f9ca91139f5f052f9c35.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
8 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Explain the attitude of Man Utd fans given what I mentioned above please. Ferguson lost 6-1 - at home! - to their city rivals, who hadn't won the league since 1968. They lost the title on goal difference because of that defeat... and choked an 8 point lead away late in the season, partly because of being doubled by City and playing incredibly defensively that night.

 

So why don't United fans hate him?

Comparing Fergie's achievements at United to Neilson's at Hearts. 

Just stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo83

Folk still blaming Neilson for Hibs winning the cup is embarrassing.  Imagine it had been a final and they beat us 5-1, what would you be like then??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Jambo83 said:

Folk still blaming Neilson for Hibs winning the cup is embarrassing.  Imagine it had been a final and they beat us 5-1, what would you be like then??!!

 

Well, fecking seething obviously.

 

Neilson did a great job for us. But he messed up badly during that cup tie and kept the vermin in the hunt. That “moneyspinning” quote was badly misjudged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
5 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

So he's getting the credit for all the other games that they lost in the championship but isn't getting the blame for them getting to go on and beat other teams to win the cup?  

 

 

You've lost the plot again. 

 

No he's getting credit for us finishing above hibs that season Ffs, and denying them automatic promotion that season. 

Helped keep rangers down as well. 

 

He gets it in the neck for losing v hibs in the cup the season after. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

We had no discipline under Neilson. It seemed that every other game we got a red card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, i8hibsh said:

We had no discipline under Neilson. It seemed that every other game we got a red card.

 

We were better than we are now but with worse players. Would be happy days if discipline was our biggest problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

You've lost the plot again. 

 

No he's getting credit for us finishing above hibs that season Ffs, and denying them automatic promotion that season. 

Helped keep rangers down as well. 

 

He gets it in the neck for losing v hibs in the cup the season after. 

 

 

I never brought hibs staying down into it.  If he hadn't held back against them in the second half they wouldn't have had the chance to win it.  Others denied that.

It just seems contradictory to give him credit for staying down for three seasons but not the blame for them going on to win it.

I'd hire a plane and drop him out of it.

Sans para shoot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
15 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I never brought hibs staying down into it.  If he hadn't held back against them in the second half they wouldn't have had the chance to win it.  Others denied that.

It just seems contradictory to give him credit for staying down for three seasons but not the blame for them going on to win it.

I'd hire a plane and drop him out of it.

Sans para shoot...

 

You don't know that for sure. 

You also disregard the other team as many do on here. 

Folk on here pay no attention to the other team. Like if they are getting beat and playing poorly they will continue that.

Comes up a lot on here. 

 

It's not contradictory at all, at least for the first season and making them play a second season down there. His team finished above them, they couldn't get automatic qualification because Hearts finished in first place above hibs. We had to do it over a season. That's why he gets credit. 

 

2nd season rangers kept them down the same way. 

 

In the cup, hibs beat other teams after us. Why not blame Warburton, his team were 2-1 up, or the other teams?

 

Only 3 Hearts managers have won the cup in the past 50 odd years. Means we have been beaten in the sc over 90% of the time and knocked out. 

 

Anyway, he won't be our next manager. 

 

Be Interesting next season when we play him, tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

You don't know that for sure. 

You also disregard the other team as many do on here. 

Folk on here pay no attention to the other team. Like if they are getting beat and playing poorly they will continue that.

Comes up a lot on here. 

 

It's not contradictory at all, at least for the first season and making them play a second season down there. His team finished above them, they couldn't get automatic qualification because Hearts finished in first place above hibs. We had to do it over a season. That's why he gets credit. 

 

2nd season rangers kept them down the same way. 

 

In the cup, hibs beat other teams after us. Why not blame Warburton, his team were 2-1 up, or the other teams?

 

Only 3 Hearts managers have won the cup in the past 50 odd years. Means we have been beaten in the sc over 90% of the time and knocked out. 

 

Anyway, he won't be our next manager. 

 

Be Interesting next season when we play him, tho. 

He deserves every bit of credit for keeping both them and rangers down.  It was a fantastic season.  He has to shoulder the blame for sitting back and losing to hibs.  That gave them the opportunity to go on and win it.  Do you agree with the poster that we drew and lost to a decent hibs side? A team that were in a lower division and stayed down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

He deserves every bit of credit for keeping both them and rangers down.  It was a fantastic season.  He has to shoulder the blame for sitting back and losing to hibs.  That gave them the opportunity to go on and win it.  Do you agree with the poster that we drew and lost to a decent hibs side? A team that were in a lower division and stayed down.  

 

 

There wasn't much in it that season. 

Rangers beat Celtic, hibs then beat Rangers shows that imo. 

 

Not sure, but I think hibs put out St Johnston away as well. 

 

Anyway, shit chat. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

There wasn't much in it that season. 

Rangers beat Celtic, hibs then beat Rangers shows that imo. 

 

Not sure, but I think hibs put out St Johnston away as well. 

 

Anyway, shit chat. 

 

 

Shit chat? I'm not the only one who thinks it.  We shouldn't have sat back at two nil up.  The consequences of that were costly.  You saying it was a decent hibs side that we lost to? Can you not just have a discussion without the digs? 

You cant expect everybody to agree with you all the time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Longshanks

Was it a not a Ronny Deila led Celtic that got beat in the semi from a shite rangers team?  If Celtic won that game then they would have beaten their wee B team in the final.  So I blame him for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

 

We were better than we are now but with worse players. Would be happy days if discipline was our biggest problem.

I actually think our players were better back then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I actually think our players were better back then

 

Suppose it’s too early to say about the current team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
29 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Shit chat? I'm not the only one who thinks it.  We shouldn't have sat back at two nil up.  The consequences of that were costly.  You saying it was a decent hibs side that we lost to? Can you not just have a discussion without the digs? 

You cant expect everybody to agree with you all the time.  

 

 

I mean talking about hibs winning the cup is shit chat. 

 

I'm out. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Tyson
12 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Explain the attitude of Man Utd fans given what I mentioned above please. Ferguson lost 6-1 - at home! - to their city rivals, who hadn't won the league since 1968. They lost the title on goal difference because of that defeat... and choked an 8 point lead away late in the season, partly because of being doubled by City and playing incredibly defensively that night.

 

So why don't United fans hate him?

I'd say this is some of the worst drivel I've ever read, but I've also read your Twitter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
9 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

Someone better tell David Gray it was actually Robbie Neilson who won Hibs the Scottish cup. 

:spoton:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
9 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

Someone better tell David Gray it was actually Robbie Neilson who won Hibs the Scottish cup. 

 

And Paulo that pat won him it and jj that walter Smith won it for us. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
6 hours ago, Tenor said:

 

I don't think Simon Gray would have cared all that much...

 

image.png.cd8cb4501850f9ca91139f5f052f9c35.png

 

🙄😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
3 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Was it a not a Ronny Deila led Celtic that got beat in the semi from a shite rangers team?  If Celtic won that game then they would have beaten their wee B team in the final.  So I blame him for it. 

I blame Thatcher.  That auld boot kept taxes low for folk like Farmer which helped give him the money to save hibs. 

Cow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
15 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Explain the attitude of Man Utd fans given what I mentioned above please. Ferguson lost 6-1 - at home! - to their city rivals, who hadn't won the league since 1968. They lost the title on goal difference because of that defeat... and choked an 8 point lead away late in the season, partly because of being doubled by City and playing incredibly defensively that night.

 

So why don't United fans hate him?

 

“Why don’t Man Utd fans hate Alex Ferguson?”

 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

I blame Thatcher.  That auld boot kept taxes low for folk like Farmer which helped give him the money to save hibs. 

Cow!

Good shout by the way, blame that **** for anything possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, Mike Tyson said:

I'd say this is some of the worst drivel I've ever read, but I've also read your Twitter 

 

:rofl:

 

touche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Was it a not a Ronny Deila led Celtic that got beat in the semi from a shite rangers team?  If Celtic won that game then they would have beaten their wee B team in the final.  So I blame him for it. 

 

Delia was only in charge because Neil Lennon jumped ship at Celtic. I blame him for setting in motion a chain reaction that led to Hibs winning the cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Nothing te here seems to be the reaction of Dr Budge to our current dilemma.

 

Much as I respect her enormously, not good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Nothing te here seems to be the reaction of Dr Budge to our current dilemma.

 

Much as I respect her enormously, not good enough.

Have you heard when part 2 of her report is due?  Fans aren't expecting a statement everytime we lose but she does seem really quiet when things are going badly.  Do you think she could improve her PR when it comes to the fans? Saying nothing only frustrates fans and can lead to things like Saturday's planned protest.  Not sure what we ate expecting but saying nothing at all can't be the best option.  

Couldn't she let us know when part two will come out?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gizmo
10 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

I never brought hibs staying down into it.  If he hadn't held back against them in the second half they wouldn't have had the chance to win it.  Others denied that.

It just seems contradictory to give him credit for staying down for three seasons but not the blame for them going on to win it.

I'd hire a plane and drop him out of it.

Sans para shoot...

 

What a ****ing state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

 

What a ****ing state.

Explain? The plane comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gizmo
Just now, FruitJuice said:

Explain? The plane comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.  

 


Ok, joke or not its still a risible concept that Neilson "won Hibs" the cup.

No, what he did is lose us the opportunity to try and win it. That's it - the rest was down to every other team still left in the competition. 

To suggest otherwise shows a bit of a vendetta, imo.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fbac13387638793b33 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
10 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Have you heard when part 2 of her report is due?  Fans aren't expecting a statement everytime we lose but she does seem really quiet when things are going badly.  Do you think she could improve her PR when it comes to the fans? Saying nothing only frustrates fans and can lead to things like Saturday's planned protest.  Not sure what we ate expecting but saying nothing at all can't be the best option.  

Couldn't she let us know when part two will come out?  

What would you like her to tell us? If she tells us that CL is going nowhere at the moment it would just fan the flames, as would a statement saying we are all disappointed but expect things to improve.   Neither really needs saying tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:


Ok, joke or not its still a risible concept that Neilson "won Hibs" the cup.

No, what he did is lose us the opportunity to try and win it. That's it - the rest was down to every other team still left in the competition. 

To suggest otherwise shows a bit of a vendetta, imo.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fbac13387638793b33 

 

Vendetta against neilson? No chance.  Gave us a great season winning the championship and also keeping hibs and rangers down.  Also stopped us losing to gretna.  You can disagree but no chance of a vendetta.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What would you like her to tell us? If she tells us that CL is going nowhere at the moment it would just fan the flames, as would a statement saying we are all disappointed but expect things to improve.   Neither really needs saying tbh. 

I just think that saying nothing increases some fans frustration.  Dont you agree she could at least let us know when the second part of her report is due?  Di you know when it's due? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boab
2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I just think that saying nothing increases some fans frustration.  Dont you agree she could at least let us know when the second part of her report is due?  Di you know when it's due? 

 

Not for me. I’d rather there wasn’t a part 2 or whatever it is.

It will be along the lines of what Dave has said.

It will be nothing earth shattering.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
leginten
22 hours ago, martoon said:

 

Why are they staunchly defending a Hearts failure in a derby? 

 

They're Hibs, bud.

 

Either that or punters who, inexplicably, must put Craig Levein and his coaches before Heart of Midlothian. 

 

Some of them, after the Hamilton embarrassment, have conceded that all is not well, but still fall back on the "But, let's give him until..." horseshite. 

 

It's never ending, exasperating, baffling and a feckin joke. 

 

I'm getting the HMFC they deserve

 

 

 

It’s worth shovelling through the pages of shite on here to uncover the occasional diamond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
2 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

I just think that saying nothing increases some fans frustration.  Dont you agree she could at least let us know when the second part of her report is due?  Di you know when it's due? 

How would I know when it’s due? 😄

 

i think saying anything will increase many fans frustrations more given that it isn’t likely to include Craig leaving his role as head coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

How would I know when it’s due? 😄

 

i think saying anything will increase many fans frustrations more given that it isn’t likely to include Craig leaving his role as head coach. 

I was only asking. If you didn't know, someone else might have .  I hope she isn't delaying it because of the fear  increasing fans frustration.  If that's what you meant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How would I know when it’s due? 😄

 

i think saying anything will increase many fans frustrations more given that it isn’t likely to include Craig leaving his role as head coach. 

So you do know that it isn't likely to include him leaving?  Interesting...

Spill the beans Dave...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady

The daft auld bint will be sitting in her Tenna Ladies with a large Sauvignon Blanc wondering what this is all about. Our turnover has doubled FFS. 

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady
Missed word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
48 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

So you do know that it isn't likely to include him leaving?  Interesting...

Spill the beans Dave...

No I don’t, but that’s my opinion on where the club is currently at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zlatanable
33 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The daft auld bint will be sitting in her Tenna Ladies with a large Sauvignon Blanc wondering what this is all about. Our turnover has doubled FFS. 

is that you mum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No I don’t, but that’s my opinion on where the club is currently at. 

If the next three results aren't satisfactory and it's where the club still are, there is no way that fans will accept that.  The majority want him out if the managers job as it is.  I'm amazed that she thinks that the way things are just now is acceptable.  What happened to her saying that a anything worse than fourth won't do? 5th, 6th and 6th since then shows that she has moved the goalposts to accommodate levein.  Its baffling.  I know that cathro was responsible for finishing 5th.  That makes her accepting two 6th place finishes hard to understand.   It doesn't come across as strong leadership.   It is now a cliche on here, but if it wasn't for him previously playing for us and managing us  he would've been out well before now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
8 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

If the next three results aren't satisfactory and it's where the club still are, there is no way that fans will accept that.  The majority want him out if the managers job as it is.  I'm amazed that she thinks that the way things are just now is acceptable.  What happened to her saying that a anything worse than fourth won't do? 5th, 6th and 6th since then shows that she has moved the goalposts to accommodate levein.  Its baffling.  I know that cathro was responsible for finishing 5th.  That makes her accepting two 6th place finishes hard to understand.   It doesn't come across as strong leadership.   It is now a cliche on here, but if it wasn't for him previously playing for us and managing us  he would've been out well before now.  

I'm sure AB has been quoted as saying that current results/performances are unacceptable.

I can only assume that she is still undecided if pulling the trigger on Levein is the right way to bring about the required change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
8 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

If the next three results aren't satisfactory and it's where the club still are, there is no way that fans will accept that.  The majority want him out if the managers job as it is.  I'm amazed that she thinks that the way things are just now is acceptable.  What happened to her saying that a anything worse than fourth won't do? 5th, 6th and 6th since then shows that she has moved the goalposts to accommodate levein.  Its baffling.  I know that cathro was responsible for finishing 5th.  That makes her accepting two 6th place finishes hard to understand.   It doesn't come across as strong leadership.   It is now a cliche on here, but if it wasn't for him previously playing for us and managing us  he would've been out well before now.  

I did say currently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
On 11/09/2019 at 07:43, Ron Burgundy said:

Comparing Fergie's achievements at United to Neilson's at Hearts. 

Just stop.

Because he won everything going previous to that ??? Simples....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
loveofthegame
On 11/09/2019 at 08:01, Jambo83 said:

Folk still blaming Neilson for Hibs winning the cup is embarrassing.  Imagine it had been a final and they beat us 5-1, what would you be like then??!!

 

It was his fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Noticed on Twitter a fan was banned after Hamilton game for shouting abuse at the manager.

 

Lifetime ban. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Noticed on Twitter a fan was banned after Hamilton game for shouting abuse at the manager.

 

Lifetime ban. 

good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Noticed on Twitter a fan was banned after Hamilton game for shouting abuse at the manager.

 

Lifetime ban. 

How do I get one that expires when the manager gets sacked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

good

 

Why does this please you so much?

 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

How do I get one that expires when the manager gets sacked?

 

:lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...