Time for FOH/Budge

lou

5 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

The whole club is at breaking point all for the benefit of 1 man 

1 man is being allowed to be bigger than the club 

That's bad management from Budge & it's awful by FOH just the cash making machine. Budge won't be here forever and nobody at FOH seems likely to take club control on. 

Have you contacted the club or FoH? I’m not being wide here, and I sound like a broken record, so apologies for that, but we have a system in place for making our feelings clear. That’s not posting polls on JKB or stopping pledges. All people have to do, is contact the relevant people through official channels.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hot since 86

• Thomaso

• graygo

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Allowayjambo1874 said:

To be fair Iain Mr Brightside was quoting what FOH board members were saying at a pitch ceremony yesterday regards feeling it was not appropriate to interfere in club management decisions. Maybe I and others are jumping to wrong conclusions when we feel that this suggests a fairly insipid role that they have within the club. Perhaps they have voiced concerns. They do represent circa 8000 fans/future stakeholders and imho should feel empowered to discuss all issues at board level. 

I don't know which FoH Board members were at the plot ceremony but I'm pretty sure that the 2 that are on the club Board will absolutely interfere in club management decisions. 

Otherwise, there would be no point in them being there. 

Equally, I wouldn't expect what's happening at club Board meetings to be leaked at a plot ceremony. 

Seymour M Hersh
22 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Is there any evidence that they are?

I'm pretty sure there is one Board member who's brother will be bending his ear.

Allowayjambo1874
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I don't know which FoH Board members were at the plot ceremony but I'm pretty sure that the 2 that are on the club Board will absolutely interfere in club management decisions. 

Equally, I wouldn't expect what's happening at club Board meetings to be leaked at a plot ceremony. 

Fair enough nobody really knows I guess which is why communication at the moment is so important. If the FOH board members are fully behind AB’s decision in supporting CL they surely could email the members to advise why they are taking this stance, if they have raised concerns then that could be communicated out.

As a poster above has intimated the whole club is at breaking point (people may think that’s exaggeration but I personally don’t) and this is when FOH should step up to the plate and try to get everyone united again behind the club.

I admit I may have this totally wrong and  this is not in their remit and I’m going off on a tangent!! 

What goes on in a company boardroom is generally kept in house as a lot of confidential and commercially sensitive issues are discussed. On field performances is likely to be the major issue for discussion at present one would assume. 

The FoH board members are there to represent their members and act in what they believe is their best interests and in the best interests of shareholders in general.

That doesn't mean they have to do what a minority or majority of FoH members may want on any given day. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What goes on in a company boardroom is generally kept in house as a lot of confidential and commercially sensitive issues are discussed. On field performances is likely to be the major issue for discussion at present one would assume. 

The FoH board members are there to represent their members and act in what they believe is their best interests and in the best interests of shareholders in general.

That doesn't mean they have to do what a minority or majority of FoH members may want on any given day. 

If members are contacting them in huge numbers with their concerns, then there is zero chance they won’t be communicating this at board meetings imo.

5 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Fair enough nobody really knows I guess which is why communication at the moment is so important. If the FOH board members are fully behind AB’s decision in supporting CL they surely could email the members to advise why they are taking this stance, if they have raised concerns then that could be communicated out.

As a poster above has intimated the whole club is at breaking point (people may think that’s exaggeration but I personally don’t) and this is when FOH should step up to the plate and try to get everyone united again behind the club.

I admit I may have this totally wrong and  this is not in their remit and I’m going off on a tangent!! 

Just not true. 

The footballing side is a shambles, without a doubt, but the rest of the club seems to be doing just fine. 

Allowayjambo1874
Just now, iainmac said:

Just not true. 

The footballing side is a shambles, without a doubt, but the rest of the club seems to be doing just fine. 

Not sure if protests being planned, people not attending  or threatening to withdraw FOH subs indicates a club in harmony! (I know this may be a small minority)

Lets agree to disagree on this, all I know is every supporter I know wants CL removed and are very unhappy at what’s going on atm. 

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

I was at the plot ceremony yesterday and it was confirmed that FOH donations had now passed the £9m barrier and were on course for £10m in April 2020. At this point sufficient funds would be raised for shares to be transferred to FOH who would be majority shareholders.

The FOH board members present did make the point that the FOH board didn’t think it was their role to interfere with club management etc but had 2 votes on the club board should the issue be raised by Budge.

I was there as well, my heart sank when SH described her as Queen Ann in his speech. It did not give me the feeling that they were ready to challenge her. Although SW did say that difficult discussions were held behind closed doors and not in public. 

Shanks said no
37 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Halliday and Wallace were the speakers, others were around 

Still a lot of confused arseholes that think FOH directly fund the club on a monthly basis. Thinking it goes on wages etc

If you want to stop your FOH pledge solely because of a manager or performances on the park then you probably need to ask yourself why you were ever doing it in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Still a lot of confused arseholes that think FOH directly fund the club on a monthly basis. Thinking it goes on wages etc

If you want to stop your FOH pledge solely because of a manager or performances on the park then you probably need to ask yourself why you were ever doing it in the first place.

So that they could hold the Club Board to ransom? 

They've now shot their bolt. 

16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hibs supporters’ wet dream = a fall in FoH pledgers.

Ask yourself why that would be.

I’m in agreement with that!!!

to stop pledging is crazy!! This club will be here long after the present players, manager and board.

we are pledging for life here.

Just now, Dallas Green said:

I think that’s a bit disrespectful tbh.

Aye, cancelling FOH is not something that I ever intend to do, and probably never will but I don’t think anyone considering such a thing wouldn’t know the difference of where their money goes.

It’s worrying that people are even considering it. It tells us where we are right now.

You’re right in the respect of it being the wrong way to show displeasure. I think, if things remain as they are, the tried and trusted method of just not feckin going will come to pass.

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’m in agreement with that!!!

to stop pledging is crazy!! This club will be here long after the present players, manager and board.

we are pledging for life here.

Like the vast majority of pledgers, my monthly contribution to FoH is not dependant on what is happening on the park.

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Like the vast majority of pledgers, my monthly contribution to FoH is not dependant on what is happening on the park.

Correct.

But I do want change in the head coach department.

GorgieRules22

My monthly dues are written off for life ... it’s £20 a month I’ll never miss regardless of what happens.

We need change but to be honest I’m sad that the big man has ultimately failed this time round.

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I was there as well, my heart sank when SH described her as Queen Ann in his speech. It did not give me the feeling that they were ready to challenge her. Although SW did say that difficult discussions were held behind closed doors and not in public. 

That’s true they did say difficult decisions would be discussed behind closed doors.

Both FOH board members were passionate and bright people but until FOH are in control it didn’t seem they would raise first team management as an issue for discussion at a Hearts board meeting.

oh ah grantona
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

Just not true. 

The footballing side is the most important part END OF discussion 

The football goes to the wall the club goes to wall 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Same. Thank goodness that FOH members will own the club, but will never run the club. That will always be done by professionals.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I don’t think anyone considering such a thing wouldn’t know the difference of where their money goes.

The worrying thing is people still go on about FOH contributions funding the club directly. The only thing that stopping your FOH donations will do is make it longer until Budge is paid back and a lot of people who claim they are stopping FOH payments have a dislike for Budge. So really, they are delaying another change they want.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I think, if things remain as they are, the tried and trusted method of just not feckin going will come to pass.

I agree with you here, if people dont want to turn up they have every right to. Some people pay to be entertained, some people only pay when things are going good and some people will pay no matter how bad it gets. That is their prerogative.

FOH payments should never be used as a way to try and force the clubs hand. 

16 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

The worrying thing is people still go on about FOH contributions funding the club directly. The only thing that stopping your FOH donations will do is make it longer until Budge is paid back and a lot of people who claim they are stopping FOH payments have a dislike for Budge. So really, they are delaying another change they want.

I agree with you here, if people dont want to turn up they have every right to. Some people pay to be entertained, some people only pay when things are going good and some people will pay no matter how bad it gets. That is their prerogative.

FOH payments should never be used as a way to try and force the clubs hand. 

I agree, it shouldn’t but some people might go ahead and do it. We can tell people all day long about how the payments work and the process of handover. The worrying thing is people are contemplating this.

Hopefully it is trolling !

On 31/08/2019 at 18:00, Hairdryer said:

Maybe everyone who contributes withdrawing payment 

until something is done I know some are thinking of doing that

the only thing is it needs the majority of us 

8000 fans withdraw one months pledges and they'd shit themselves and punt him 

Once punted and new man in place 8000 pledges doubled to make up previous month 

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

My monthly dues are written off for life ... it’s £20 a month I’ll never miss regardless of what happens.

We need change but to be honest I’m sad that the big man has ultimately failed this time round.

Same. Pledger for life. Any vermin looking in I hope you’re disappointed. FoH is as strong as the day it began.

1 hour ago, oh ah grantona said:

The footballing side is the most important part END OF discussion 

The football goes to the wall the club goes to wall 

OK. Happy to end the discussion 

26 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

😐

39 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

No, they wouldn't and I'll tell you why. 

That would make us a fan-run club, not a fan-owned one & that will never happen imo. 

9 minutes ago, iainmac said:

That would make us a fan-run club, not a fan-owned one & that will never happen imo. 

That's what FOH have said too

6 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Not sure what their purpose in the boardroom is then if they cannot raise concerns on the way the club is being managed. Think this is disappointing. I wonder if they have ever voted against anything that AB has put forward. 

Not a chance!!

Just now, farin said:

God forbid we are ever truly fan run, can you imagine the bunfights over trivial things. 

Exactly my point. 

We'd have an Ebbsfleet type poll to pick the team before every game! 😎 

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Mine too - as long as Budge does not cite that as some kind of support for Levein as she did with ST sales.

27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

It will never happen, God forbid.  Big difference between FAN RUN and FAN OWNED.   Some members of JKB think that for their £10-a-month donation to FOH they will have a say in the day-to-day running of the club.     

We really need to detach ourselves from using the pledges as a threat or a bargaining tool. 

I want to “own” the club but certainly don’t want to be involved in running it. Very few fans have the wherewithal to run a successful football club let’s be honest here. 

If we start down this road of withdrawal god knows where it will end up. Let’s leave to the professionals (a board of directors)  who we would hire and fire if necessary. They would also be subjected to an election every couple of years or so.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I'm just thinking out loud Ian

Never happen agreed, but they would shit themselves 

But where would it end. Fan run would be a disaster 

Footballfirst
16 hours ago, RobNox said:

Your first statement is correct, insofar as Mitch hasn't a scooby.

Regarding ownership, Ann doesn't own 95%+ and never has.  There are still shares held by Romanov's niece and also some individual shareholders whose shares were never purchased by Romanov.  In total, I believe this amounts to less than 20%, so Ann still had a controlling shareholding when she took over.

I understand that, as a result of the agreement by FOH to divert 2 years funding towards the cost of the new stand, Ann agreed to bring forward the transfer of half of the shares that were eventually due to be transferred under the FOH / BIDCO agreement.

So FOH currently owns c 37.5% of the shares and on completion of the transfer later this season, will own 75.1% of the shares, so FOH will have effective control of the club.  Ann will retain a small holding and the other shares will remain with the other existing shareholders.

Just to correct any misunderstanding about the current share ownership, Bidco (AB) currently controls 92.66% that were formerly held by Ukio Bankas, UBIG, Quantum Holdings and HOM 2005, plus a few shares that she acquired when she made a general share offer following the Takeover.  Romanov's niece was a former director of Quantum.  Bidco actually had control of around 98.5% of the shares before it was diluted when the club issued new shares to sort out the 2012 share offer.

FOH currently has voting rights (not ownership) over 35% of the shares in the club (reduces Bidco's voting rights) as part of the amended agreement to help fund the new stand and other developments.  The only shares that FOH owns at the moment are those transferred from HYDC (approx 0.25%).

On share transfer day, 75.1% of the shares in the club will be passed from Bidco to FOH, leaving Bidco with c. 17.56% and FOH with c. 75.35%.

There is around £530k (maybe a fraction more if pledges have gone down a little) outstanding on the Bidco Loan. A further £100k will be required as payment for the shares (the same price as AB paid for them).  

FOH should be in a position to complete these payments in February next year, with the legal transfer of ownership taking place shortly thereafter.

Edited by Footballfirst

29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just to correct any misunderstanding about the current share ownership, Bidco (AB) currently controls 92.66% that were formerly held by Ukio Bankas, UBIG, Quantum Holdings and HOM 2005, plus a few shares that she acquired when she made a general share offer following the Takeover.  Romanov's niece was a former director of Quantum.  Bidco actually had control of around 98.5% of the shares before it was diluted when the club issued new shares to sort out the 2012 share offer.

FOH currently has voting rights (not ownership) over 35% of the shares in the club (reduces Bidco's voting rights) as part of the amended agreement to help fund the new stand and other developments.  The only shares that FOH owns at the moment are those transferred from HYDC (approx 0.25%).

On share transfer day, 75.1% of the shares in the club will be passed from Bidco to FOH, leaving Bidco with c. 17.56% and FOH with c. 75.35%.

There is around £530k (maybe a fraction more if pledges have gone down a little) outstanding on the Bidco Loan. A further £100k will be required as payment for the shares (the same price as AB paid for them).  

FOH should be in a position to complete these payments in February next year, with the legal transfer of ownership taking place shortly thereafter.

Thanks for clarifying. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Thanks for the clarification FF. 

At the current rate of pledging, FoH will take over the club in Feb / March 2020. If DDs drop off, it's going to take longer. 

This is not rocket science. 

51 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Thanks for the clarification FF. 

At the current rate of pledging, FoH will take over the club in Feb / March 2020. If DDs drop off, it's going to take longer. 

This is not rocket science. 

We’ll have longer to rant about Ann if we cancel our DDs. 👍

Big Slim Stylee
10 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Much as I admire what she has and is doing, that is the most cringeworthy chat. It should not be used by grown ups - or children for that matter. 

Shanks said no
44 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Much as I admire what she has and is doing, that is the most cringeworthy chat. It should not be used by grown ups - or children for that matter. 

It was GH -  Garry Halliday FOH Board member, my typo

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Mine too - as long as Budge does not cite that as some kind of support for Levein as she did with ST sales.

Just like my FoH pledge, buying an ST has nothing to do with on-field displays, it's just what I do because I'm a Hearts supporter

To those who are thinking about withdrawing their FOH contributions I would say don't as you delay the takeover of the club by the fans . 

I get why people would at this time want to protest in some manner as we are all frustrated ,withdrawing your payment though is self defeating see below. .

Many people think the FOH should be doing more but the bottom line is they can't their voice at board level if any at the moment is just a whisper .

Currently we as a foundation have contributed around £9 million to the club which is a fantastic achievement but we own nothing really, absolutely nothing until the shares are transferred after we meet our financial obligation. .

We don't have a voice at the moment that's how it is set up ,However when we eventually take over the 75% shares then things change drastically .

After we take over the majority shareholding ,We the foundation will then as owners put in place a designated person to liaise with the fan base who will put forward our concerns to the foundations board ,Directors will then be selected and they will then represent us at the Clubs Board level and voice our concerns .

We will not have an outright majority albeit we are the majority share holders , This I believe is in place to protect the club and is right in my opinion , Could you imagine if we were in total control at the moment it would be chaos ,Levein down the job centre etc... 

And although we won't have a majority vote on the clubs board we would certainly be listened to as it would be foolhardy to ignore a body who actually own the club and who contribute massively financially  .

Problem at the moment is none of this is in place ,not until we own the shares .So by withdrawing your payment It delays the takeover and YOUR opportunity to have a say by having the right as a member of the foundation to vote on important matters .

By withdrawing your payment it actually falls into the current boards hands they are in place longer and basically have nobody to answer to but themselves for the moment.

My message is keep paying the sooner we own the club the sooner we can put forward our concerns and change things. 

I may be wrong on the points above and I've made them simplistic more for me to understand than anything. I'm sure individuals more learned than me will understand it better and if i'm wrong fair play ,however the facts are on the foundations web page read it it's all there. 

The foundation are not hiding they are just complying with the conditions of the sale . 

1 hour ago, eyes open said:

To those who are thinking about withdrawing their FOH contributions I would say don't as you delay the takeover of the club by the fans . 

I get why people would at this time want to protest in some manner as we are all frustrated ,withdrawing your payment though is self defeating see below. .

Many people think the FOH should be doing more but the bottom line is they can't their voice at board level if any at the moment is just a whisper .

Currently we as a foundation have contributed around £9 million to the club which is a fantastic achievement but we own nothing really, absolutely nothing until the shares are transferred after we meet our financial obligation. .

We don't have a voice at the moment that's how it is set up ,However when we eventually take over the 75% shares then things change drastically .

After we take over the majority shareholding ,We the foundation will then as owners put in place a designated person to liaise with the fan base who will put forward our concerns to the foundations board ,Directors will then be selected and they will then represent us at the Clubs Board level and voice our concerns .

We will not have an outright majority albeit we are the majority share holders , This I believe is in place to protect the club and is right in my opinion , Could you imagine if we were in total control at the moment it would be chaos ,Levein down the job centre etc... 

And although we won't have a majority vote on the clubs board we would certainly be listened to as it would be foolhardy to ignore a body who actually own the club and who contribute massively financially  .

Problem at the moment is none of this is in place ,not until we own the shares .So by withdrawing your payment It delays the takeover and YOUR opportunity to have a say by having the right as a member of the foundation to vote on important matters .

By withdrawing your payment it actually falls into the current boards hands they are in place longer and basically have nobody to answer to but themselves for the moment.

My message is keep paying the sooner we own the club the sooner we can put forward our concerns and change things. 

I may be wrong on the points above and I've made them simplistic more for me to understand than anything. I'm sure individuals more learned than me will understand it better and if i'm wrong fair play ,however the facts are on the foundations web page read it it's all there. 

The foundation are not hiding they are just complying with the conditions of the sale . 

I dont understand what you have said.Surely new owners have a right to appoint a new board albeit with 2 FOH directors? as has been agreed .If a board is performing in an unsatisfactory manner in the opinion of FOH ie the major shareholder there is surely a mechanism to remove directors.The way you are describing things we could be stuck with Budge and Levein forever as FOH directors do not have a majority .

12 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I dont understand what you have said.Surely new owners have a right to appoint a new board albeit with 2 FOH directors? as has been agreed .If a board is performing in an unsatisfactory manner in the opinion of FOH ie the major shareholder there is surely a mechanism to remove directors.The way you are describing things we could be stuck with Budge and Levein forever as FOH directors do not have a majority .

There is legal and procedural process to get rid of directors before they are due for re-election. 

Yes we appoint directors but as you point out only two , we don,t have a majority we can't just ride rough shod over everything , 

It,s a safe guard we own the club but don,t run it . 

We have input but not total control. 

Given the feelings of some individuals posting on here that's a good thing otherwise chaos would ensue especially at moment , 

If you don't understand the process then go to FOH web page and download the pdf,s of the procedures and read them , 

It is complicated no doubt , but remember even though in future we don't have a majority of FOH directors on the board the other board members may well be paying members of the FOH and are likely to be sympathetic to views put across by our FOH representatives. 

I,d advise reading the info on web page ..😀

Edited by eyes open
spell

33 minutes ago, tolcross lad said: