Weird things you do.

superjack

Bridge of Djoum

I like to get banned from JKB on a semi regular basis, then create new account upon new account saying the same things I was banned for originally.

******weird, eh?

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

My youngest son used to say he insisted on volumes being set to an even number. I told him I had a thing about them having to be set on a prime number and if he wanted to develop an OCD all of his own, he could have one about keeping his bedroom tidy. That was the last we heard of his nonsense.

I'm the same, prime numbers for me. Volume levels, amount of steps I take between places, even counting lampposts when driving. If there isn't the right amount, I will include road signs telegraph poles etc.

9 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Does your partner punch you when she catches you doing it as well? 

I a totally stopped for about 3 mo ths at start of the year. Was easy. Started up again though.

No partner for me so I can pick until my heart’s content with nobody moaning. 

When I was a kid and I had exams or interviews my mum used to make me put plasters on to stop me doing it. 

Unknown user

I nearly forgot, I have to take equal amounts of left and right steps.

For example, walking along, get to a crossing and wait - if my last step was with my left foot, I have to start crossing with my right. Same with stairs if going up multiple flights - if the last top step was with the left, the first of the next flight has to be with the right.

It's so deeply ingrained I forgot it was a weird thing to do. 

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Christ, I hope my wife doesn’t read this😳  

My parents have gone nuts at me recently, as it’s rubbed off on them now😁

The wife has to have the volume on a multiple of 5. I used to change it up or down one if she went to the cludgie. It does seem to be catching, as I find I'm starting to do it too. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

The wife has to have the volume on a multiple of 5. I used to change it up or down one if she went to the cludgie. It does seem to be catching, as I find I'm starting to do it too. 

My wife and kids keep doing this deliberately all the time. They will  just quickly put it up or down one when they think I’m not looking🤯🤬

44 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I nearly forgot, I have to take equal amounts of left and right steps.

For example, walking along, get to a crossing and wait - if my last step was with my left foot, I have to start crossing with my right. Same with stairs if going up multiple flights - if the last top step was with the left, the first of the next flight has to be with the right.

It's so deeply ingrained I forgot it was a weird thing to do. 

I always start my steps on my right and finish on my right, even if it means an awkward wee shuffle.

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, superjack said:

I always start my steps on my right and finish on my right, even if it means an awkward wee shuffle.

:laugh: I know the wee shuffle well from adjusting for flights of stairs!

I love rockmusic, I mean love it. Can't imagine life without it. All kinds. Hate The Beatles, especially Paul MacCartney, subsequently don't get Oasis either. Apparently this is weird. Just never understood the fuss.

Edited by Jamhammer

Captain Price
10 hours ago, King prawn said:

I eat bread, crackers, cereal and even Rivita dry. Apparently this is weird ... 

Not again... :sob:

On work days I start the car when the clock shows an even number time, and on arrival I leave the car using the same principle.

I used to have a compulsion for counting random things.

If sat at traffic lights I would have to start counting the number of windows on a building or cars at side of the road.

Did this ever since I was a kid. Only realised it was a bit weird as I got older and decided I would force myself to stop doing it. It was extremely difficult to stop as I was doing it subconsciously but I managed it.

16 hours ago, superjack said:

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

:laugh: I know the wee shuffle well from adjusting for flights of stairs!

If you chaps are checking something, maybe the cooker or something, do you count as you are doing it?

I do.  :facepalm:

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If you chaps are checking something, maybe the cooker or something, do you count as you are doing it?

I do.  :facepalm:

I count stairs, (forgot about that too - why is there an always one extra stair in the bottom flight??) but not steps taken, I just keep track of left/ right equality so life doesn't feel uneven and weird.

If I'm doing a tom kite I study the labels on shampoo bottles etc. I usually end up counting the number of times a certain letter appears on the label. It's almost always the letter 'e'. Don't ask my why.

Of course, if I've got my phone with me none of that nonsense happens. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

6 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

I used to have a compulsion for counting random things.

If sat at traffic lights I would have to start counting the number of windows on a building or cars at side of the road.

Did this ever since I was a kid. Only realised it was a bit weird as I got older and decided I would force myself to stop doing it. It was extremely difficult to stop as I was doing it subconsciously but I managed it.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Or a wee shit like Neil Lennon when he’s blootered by the bottle. 

:greggy:

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:lol:

Some strange habits on here. Thank feck I'm normal...

Don’t ‘count’ on it.

:) 

I P Knightley
21 hours ago, superjack said:

I'm the same, prime numbers for me. Volume levels, amount of steps I take between places, even counting lampposts when driving. If there isn't the right amount, I will include road signs telegraph poles etc.

I only said I did it to wind up Junior - you're weird :D

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I only said I did it to wind up Junior - you're weird :D

You’ve typed 39 letters.

This is not a good number.  :sad: 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

You’ve typed 39 letters.

This is not a good number.  :sad: 

Plus 11 spaces and 1 other character making 41 altogether. SJ is happy now.

30 minutes ago, superjack said:

There are 12 space and *2* other characters - that's 53. Awful number. :(

37 minutes ago, superjack said:

Shit, just realised my maths, duh. It is the most superior number, and I dont mind that this isn't a prime number. Go 51!

1 minute ago, superjack said:

Shit, just realised my maths, duh. It is the most superior number, and I dont mind that this isn't a prime number. Go 51!

53. ;)

2 hours ago, superjack said:

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

53. ;)

A 1 and a 5 are pretty cool together though.  :) 

FB82AC64-C4E8-4EA1-97A0-84F5E1538B76.jpeg

94574600-E015-4F15-B8F9-9A4F43E3E1B3.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A 1 and a 5 are pretty cool together though.  :) 

FB82AC64-C4E8-4EA1-97A0-84F5E1538B76.jpeg

94574600-E015-4F15-B8F9-9A4F43E3E1B3.jpeg

Oops. They are indeed! Ignore my 53. :)

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:thumbsup:

How’s Tommy doing?

Well it's nice of you to take such an interest in him after, what has it been now, 2 years? Yes, he's doing fine now, thanks. Takes after his father in many ways but apart from those faults he's turning out to be a good lad. :) He even supports the Jambos now, despite his very early childhood where he associated Hearts with not being able to watch his favourite cartoons because his father would be watching Hearts World while getting very drunk and swearing very loudly at the computer.

Had a good summer in la belle France?

13 hours ago, redjambo said:

Well it's nice of you to take such an interest in him after, what has it been now, 2 years? Yes, he's doing fine now, thanks. Takes after his father in many ways but apart from those faults he's turning out to be a good lad. :) He even supports the Jambos now, despite his very early childhood where he associated Hearts with not being able to watch his favourite cartoons because his father would be watching Hearts World while getting very drunk and swearing very loudly at the computer.

Glad to hear the wee chap is well, and his dad! So, you’re still at the swearing and drinking crap eh? Will you never grow up?

Anyway, good summer (too hot though), thanks.

On 28/08/2019 at 22:35, redjambo said:

:vrwow:  

Someone phone the SSPCA.

(I'm joking, btw, just incase. You know what JKB is like)