Weird things you do.

superjack

Do any of my fellow posters have any weird things they regularly do?

1 thing I always like doing is, i love sitting with my legs crossed so 1 of my feet go completely dead, I love the feeling of when the feeling returns. My wife and daughter have always thought it was extremely weird. Over to you my fellow kickbackers, what do you do that could be thought of as weird?

If I have a shitty dream (not literally I may add) or wake up suddenly in a panic, I’ve always done this thing where I have to then roll over and fall back asleep facing the other way.  I’m not sure what would happen if I didn’t do this.  Have never tested it 😂.

Unknown user

I don't like my toes touching each other, hate wearing socks and shoes. In Holland I wore sandals 8 months of the year, there's nothing like the feeling of air between your toes as you cycle along. 

My wife thinks its weird that I always eat the vegetables on my plate first, before I start on the main course. I eat lots of veggies but don't really like them so I get rid of them as soon as I can.

2 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

My wife thinks its weird that I always eat the vegetables on my plate first, before I start on the main course. I eat lots of veggies but don't really like them so I get rid of them as soon as I can.

I'm the opposite. I usually eat most of the meat first. Not a big eater, and feel better leaving potatoes/ veg than the 'main course' .

8 hours ago, superjack said:

Do any of my fellow posters have any weird things they regularly do?

1 thing I always like doing is, i love sitting with my legs crossed so 1 of my feet go completely dead, I love the feeling of when the feeling returns. My wife and daughter have always thought it was extremely weird. Over to you my fellow kickbackers, what do you do that could be thought of as weird?

You'll cause a blood clot.

I hate the noise of nails being clipped and the fact they fly everywhere just gives me the boak. I fill the sink or bath and I cut my nails under water so they can’t fly everywhere. 

I pick whole toenails off. Any nail is fair game as long as it's not a big toe, although my smallest toes get the brunt of it. The nails on them have evolved and are very thick so when I do actually clip them instead a thick triangular bit of nail comes off.

Fitzroy Pointon
2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I hate the noise of nails being clipped and the fact they fly everywhere just gives me the boak. I fill the sink or bath and I cut my nails under water so they can’t fly everywhere. 

Funnily enough, I had this conversation the other day.  Apparently when your toenails are submerged in warm water they expand, so when you cut them, they then shrink back too far and can cause them to be painful and even become poisoned. She tends to cut the wee ones nails after a bath so we have had to stop that just in case. 

Fitzroy Pointon

My shower routine is the same every day and always has been.  I use one of they puffy things you get with Dove gift sets.  I put Dove soap on it and was both my feet and legs.  I then rinse out the soap and put more soap on it and do the front and back middle bits twice.  Then I rinse the puffy thing out again.  I then get the soap and use it directly on my armpits and then wash my face and ears and rinse the soap off.  I then wash my hair, rinse that and then lastly I put some shower gel on the puffy thing and wash my upper body with that, twice. 

I do it without even realising now, but I know if I have did it differently. 

I have a weird tick that makes me rub my nose like a ****ing bunny rabbit when ever I get excited about something. Get the pish ripped out of me constantly but it something I have done since I was a kid. 

Made a continued effort to get rid of it to no success. Trying to get laid was not the easiest 😂

I make fun of it myself now. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Pick the skin on the side of my thumbs until they bleed.

Twitch and wiggle my nose like Samantha in Bewitched. I’ve never known anyone else that can do this.

I put brown sauce on everything. Can mind the look of horror on my dads face when i covered my beans in brown sauce. Also get strange looks when ordering a doner wrap and asking for brown instead of chili.

21 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I put brown sauce on everything. Can mind the look of horror on my dads face when i covered my beans in brown sauce. Also get strange looks when ordering a doner wrap and asking for brown instead of chili.

The bean one?  I do that too. Sometimes red sauce.

The doner however,  is a step too far!!

rudi must stay

Quite enjoy standing with my feet crossed.

One guy said to me once "why do you stand like that it's weird" I guess it is

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't like my toes touching each other, hate wearing socks and shoes. In Holland I wore sandals 8 months of the year, there's nothing like the feeling of air between your toes as you cycle along. 

Every day is shorts weather

Fitzroy Pointon
55 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Beans on brown sauce, on top of a pie.  One of life's little pleasures.

26 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

:yas:

15 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If I have a shitty dream (not literally I may add) or wake up suddenly in a panic, I’ve always done this thing where I have to then roll over and fall back asleep facing the other way.  I’m not sure what would happen if I didn’t do this.  Have never tested it 😂.

Strangely I do the same.

Better call Saul
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Banana on a roll with crisps and brown sauce 

I pull facial hair out like one strand at a time with my nails. It stresses me out when I can't get them and often sit and do it with tweezers whilst watching TV. Sure it's probably a symptom of something else but it drives me mad.

Edited by Taffin

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

I do this too. My thumbs are a mess. The problem is I don’t know I’m doing it......until they bleed or hurt. 

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

I do this too. My thumbs are a mess. The problem is I don’t know I’m doing it......until they bleed or hurt. 

I did this in the join between thumb and forefinger in March. It’s still on the go as I can’t leave it alone.

Must be hereditary as my mum did it too.

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

A tottie pie, inside a buttered roll. Magic!

10 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

My shower routine is the same every day and always has been.  I use one of they puffy things you get with Dove gift sets.  I put Dove soap on it and was both my feet and legs.  I then rinse out the soap and put more soap on it and do the front and back middle bits twice.  Then I rinse the puffy thing out again.  I then get the soap and use it directly on my armpits and then wash my face and ears and rinse the soap off.  I then wash my hair, rinse that and then lastly I put some shower gel on the puffy thing and wash my upper body with that, twice. 

I do it without even realising now, but I know if I have did it differently. 

so you wash your face with the sponge after you just washed your baws and arse with it :levein_interesting:

Fitzroy Pointon
4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

so you wash your face with the sponge after you just washed your baws and arse with it :levein_interesting:

:laugh2: no. I use the soap directly on on my armpits. Then I get a lather on my hands for the face and ears. 

9 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I’m led to believe the term is a ‘Dutch facepack’.   Good for the skin.  

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Twitch and wiggle my nose like Samantha in Bewitched. I’ve never known anyone else that can do this.

That sounds like you may have a mild case of excoriation disorder. Don't worry, help is out there. 

Let me know how you get on, as I do that too. :D 

15 minutes ago, theshed said:

Fart into my hand then smell it 

That's absolutely bloomin disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourself...

...is what my kids used to say when I did that to them.

4 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Same here. Although I actually bite and eat the skin. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by hughesie27

I always pour the top few mls of a new milk down the sink.

I think I'm scarred from the creamy tops that formed on milk bottles back in primary school.

luckyBatistuta

Anything that has a volume control, then I have to put it on an even number. If I’m watching tv in bed and can’t hear it on an even number, but it’s too loud on the next even number up, then I’ll just turn off what I’m watching and go to sleep. If I see your tv or car stereo is on an odd number and you won’t change it, then I’m leaving...freaks me out, get too agitated😳

11 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Same here. Although I actually bite and eat the skin. 🤷‍♂️

I have to admit if I’m not outside and I can’t flick it somewhere I eat it too. 

John Gentleman
On 26/08/2019 at 16:04, Helzibob said:

Great idea. Thanks for that.

Fitzroy Pointon
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Born in Paisley, support Hearts. People think that's weird. 

I can second that. 

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Ditto

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

I have to admit if I’m not outside and I can’t flick it somewhere I eat it too. 

Does your partner punch you when she catches you doing it as well? 

I a totally stopped for about 3 mo ths at start of the year. Was easy. Started up again though.

22 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Funnily enough i had 3 smallish sausage rolls with beans, brown sauce and cheese last night.

I can not eat beans with out Brown sauce...probably weird 

crunchy frog
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I sit on the rim on the toilet when going for a shit. Apparently this is weird.

The seat is to stop you falling in, is it not?  The rim is too wide, unless you have a massive jeer I suppose.

2 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

The seat is to stop you falling in, is it not?  The rim is too wide, unless you have a massive jeer I suppose.

As an adult I'm capable of ensuring that I don't fall into the toilet. 

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

:laugh2:

I P Knightley
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anything that has a volume control, then I have to put it on an even number. If I’m watching tv in bed and can’t hear it on an even number, but it’s too loud on the next even number up, then I’ll just turn off what I’m watching and go to sleep. If I see your tv or car stereo is on an odd number and you won’t change it, then I’m leaving...freaks me out, get too agitated😳

My youngest son used to say he insisted on volumes being set to an even number. I told him I had a thing about them having to be set on a prime number and if he wanted to develop an OCD all of his own, he could have one about keeping his bedroom tidy. That was the last we heard of his nonsense.

crunchy frog
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Even if you are caught short after a night on the ale? 😄

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

My youngest son used to say he insisted on volumes being set to an even number. I told him I had a thing about them having to be set on a prime number and if he wanted to develop an OCD all of his own, he could have one about keeping his bedroom tidy. That was the last we heard of his nonsense.

Christ, I hope my wife doesn’t read this😳  

My parents have gone nuts at me recently, as it’s rubbed off on them now😁

12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Born in Paisley, support Hearts. People think that's weird. 

I've lived in Canada for over 50 years, yet a bad Hearts result on a Saturday will be a downer for the entire weekend. Fortunately, it doesn't happen often these days ... oh, wait ... 

My entire family thinks that's weird.