Mondays Scotsman says appointment still imminent.

Only a Game

I could be going mad, but I'm sure I read that exact article somewhere else last night. As in Saturday. Weird.

yorkshire jambo
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/New-boss-imminent-but-precious.4233869.jp

States there are still 3 realistic contenders in the frame (according to Hearts insiders) for the job and that Rober, although now "doubtful", is still one of them.

Wonder who the hell the other two doughnuts are ?

This is the same article that was in scotland on sunday,probably written on friday,Harold Wilson said "a week is a long time in politics,well it seems like 3 days is a lifetime in our hunt for a manager !!

Only a Game
I could be going mad, but I'm sure I read that exact article somewhere else last night. As in Saturday. Weird.

I thought so too, but its dated today and it does say that the prominent fans (whoever THEY are) meeting is due later this afternoon, meaning Monday I think ???

There are lots of feedback comments after the article the first of which is dated just after midnight on the 29th.

Is this updated or just a re-run of an earlier article I'm wondering now?

Libertonian_II

Is that not the 'Scotland on Sunday' article by Ewan Murray? It pre-dates the article by the sunday mail where Rober states that he is NOT going to be the next HC at Hearts

F.A.R.C.E

feckin ars e romanov chooses eejit (aka puppet)

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/New-boss-imminent-but-precious.4233869.jp

States there are still 3 realistic contenders in the frame (according to Hearts insiders) for the job and that Rober, although now "doubtful", is still one of them.

Wonder who the hell the other two doughnuts are ?

But is that really a story from Monday's edition? It's the same story that was posted on Saturday night. I think it's a but out of date, at least with respect to Rober?

You are correct.. scroll to the bottom of the article ..."Last Updated: 28 June 2008 7:32 PM

Source: Scotland On Sunday" . Only the date has changed,not the article

Say What Again

As much as I dislike, and cannot defend much of what has gone on. This para is just p1sh:

Romanov's decision to end his association with Charlie Mann, his spokesman of the last four years, is seen by many as tacit admission that there will be little in the way of positive news to emanate from Gorgie in the near future. Hearts insiders contest that Mann's removal was a business decision, aimed at saving Romanov the ?60,000 annual retainer paid to PR firm Weber Shandwick. Either way, it is accepted by Mann and Tynecastle employees alike that the owner is more reluctant than ever to listen to alternative opinion from this country. Such a policy remains dangerous. The wrong managerial appointment now would set Hearts back years.

Bloody Scotsman baskets...toying with our emotions like this... :laugh:

I think they just haven't updated to Monday's article yet, that's all. Perhaps it's just an oversight.

Having read the quotes in the Daily Retchard this morning I'm wondering if Rober is backtracking a little. He says he thinks he has only a 10 per cent chance of the job! He hasn't said yes and hasn't said no.

He still feels he is the man for the job but has a few wories regarding Romanovs interventions.

Ryan Gosling
Having read the quotes in the Daily Retchard this morning I'm wondering if Rober is backtracking a little. He says he thinks he has only a 10 per cent chance of the job! He hasn't said yes and hasn't said no.

He still feels he is the man for the job but has a few wories regarding Romanovs interventions.

I'm wondering that too. The players were told to 'expect changes early this week'.

Only a Game

Got a link ?

Sounds like perhaps rather than a flat turn down, he's telling Romanov he wont take the job under the current conditions offered but there might be scope should Romanov give a little more (or maybe a lot more) in terms of control.

I'm wondering that too. The players were told to 'expect changes early this week'.

which would mean he is the only one in the frame(well interviewed) so still possibly taking the job.

I think by Wednesday there will be a manager in place but whether it is him or not is another question.

Say What Again
I think by Wednesday there will be a manager in place

How do you spell that Belarussians name? The one from the 'pyramid'.

:sad:

Got a link ?

Sounds like perhaps rather than a flat turn down, he's telling Romanov he wont take the job under the current conditions offered but there might be scope should Romanov give a little more (or maybe a lot more) in terms of control.

Sorry no good at this new technology stuff. Can't do link.

But he does speak well of Romanov and I just get the feeling from the interviews that he would like the job if he has control (maybe not 100 per cent but definitely having control over the team and coaching etc.

Maybe I'm just hopeful someone will take the job!!!

jamboinglasgow

could it be that roder was trying to get public pressure to make vlad change, i.e. vlad said I am giving you control of the team but I will decide signings. So Rober says to paper he feels that vlad is good but management styles are not right. Vlad realises a possible backlash says fine ypu get say on most signings but I can still suggest some to you.

Say What Again
could it be that roder was trying to get public pressure to make vlad change, i.e. vlad said I am giving you control of the team but I will decide signings. So Rober says to paper he feels that vlad is good but management styles are not right. Vlad realises a possible backlash says fine ypu get say on most signings but I can still suggest some to you.

Not likely :sad:

Say What Again
Vlad realises a possible backlash says fine ypu get say on most signings but I can still suggest some to you.

In fact, change 'not likely' to - NO

Ryan Gosling

I don't care if he brings Kaunas players over as long as the manager gets to choose his own players to sign as well.

And I thought I was hopeful!

How do you spell that Belarussians name? The one from the 'pyramid'.

:sad:

Well yea that was my thinking although at least we would have someone as manager and it would be over

Can someone else have a look on the Daily Record site and see what's there? I'm having a terrible time with my browser this evening...grr....

Can someone else have a look on the Daily Record site and see what's there? I'm having a terrible time with my browser this evening...grr....

No mention.

Story about Nade's sicknote.

Only a Game
I don't care if he brings Kaunas players over as long as the manager gets to choose his own players to sign as well.

Frankly I'd settle right now for Vlad deciding all the comings and goings.(He's actually brought in some decent players as well as some stinkers) but the manager MUST get to pick the team that crosses the line, all 11 of them and the subs and every week with no exceptions or restrictions. he must also decide the general style of playing, the tactics for each specific game and the substitutions, otherwise why do we need a manager and how do we judge if we've got a good one ?

Only a Game

Anyone see an online article where Rober specifically says this ? If he hasnt said no then thats different to what was reported yesterday

Frankly I'd settle right now for Vlad deciding all the comings and goings.(He's actually brought in some decent players as well as some stinkers) but the manager MUST get to pick the team that crosses the line, all 11 of them and the subs and every week with no exceptions or restrictions. he must also decide the general style of playing, the tactics for each specific game and the substitutions, otherwise why do we need a manager and how do we judge if we've got a good one ?

I would take that at the moment :(

I don't think we'll get a worthwhile manager who'll agree to that.

Managers will want to build their own team and bring in whoever they think compliments the way their team plays.

Only a Game
I don't think we'll get a worthwhile manager who'll agree to that.

Managers will want to build their own team and bring in whoever they think compliments the way their team plays.

I dont think we've got enough time left to persuade a decent manager to accept that but assure him of 100% control of actual team selection. This sort of thing does happen at other clubs.

I think its now a matter of trust though. If anyone coming in concedes a little bit of control then we all know within a few months we'll be right back to the old ways because he cant be trusted to keep his word, and thats well known(apparently) in football circles.

No mention.

Story about Nade's sicknote.

Oh. I'm sure someone had mentioned there being a story about our manager situation? God knows, but clearly I'd be better off getting some snooze in rather than wrestling with my browser and trying to keep up with what's going on. I'm not doing a very good job of either. Hopefully it'll all be sorted by the time I wake up.... :biggrin:

Wishful thinking is a great thing. Night folks.

Anyone see an online article where Rober specifically says this ? If he hasnt said no then thats different to what was reported yesterday

He is quoted as saying I believe my chance of getting the job is no more than 10 per cent."

Also :If it came to the stage of signing a contract I would insist I was responsible for the team."

AND I flew home on SDaturday morning and we shook hands and both agreed to think about things. Maybe he will phone me again but I know the team start training on Monday."

Damn I wish I could post a link.

Only a Game
He is quoted as saying I believe my chance of getting the job is no more than 10 per cent."

Also :If it came to the stage of signing a contract I would insist I was responsible for the team."

AND I flew home on SDaturday morning and we shook hands and both agreed to think about things. Maybe he will phone me again but I know the team start training on Monday."

Damn I wish I could post a link.

Are you reading that online from the Record, or from a paper copy ?

Only a Game
Paper.

Ahhh, they wont have updated the online version yet then.

Maybe Peanut can tell us what time they do that at ?

Ryan Gosling

About half 7. I'd go to bed.

It wont be updated till the morning.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I wouldn't. That's a recipe for disaster. That policy only works at top clubs where owners can afford to throw money at huge name signings until some come good. If Vlad was to buy every player then relegation within two years would be an absolute certainty. Football is about so much more than just chucking a few decent players together. It's about strategy, tactics, team building, man management, preparing both for individual matches, single seasons and years to come. It's about blooding youngsters, preparing replacements for when good players are sold. It's about continuity but also flexibility. It's about building a team. Sure, Vlad might chuck us the odd Fyssas or Jankauskas but that's doing us no good whatsoever in the long term.

Only a Game
I wouldn't. That's a recipe for disaster. That policy only works at top clubs where owners can afford to throw money at huge name signings until some come good. If Vlad was to buy every player then relegation within two years would be an absolute certainty. Football is about so much more than just chucking a few decent players together. It's about strategy, tactics, team building, man management, preparing both for individual matches, single seasons and years to come. It's about blooding youngsters, preparing replacements for when good players are sold. It's about continuity but also flexibility. It's about building a team. Sure, Vlad might chuck us the odd Fyssas or Jankauskas but that's doing us no good whatsoever in the long term.

All perfectly true. But I'd rather the principle of the manager actually picking the team was firmly re-established first and foremost. At the moment we havent got and havent had a manager who picks the team OR decides who is coming or going. If we get one of those things in place we can deal with the other one at some other point surely.

Only a Game
It wont be updated till the morning.

Well feck it. I'm not going to the garage to get one at this time of night. !!!!:)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
All perfectly true. But I'd rather the principle of the manager actually picking the team was firmly re-established first and foremost. At the moment we havent got and havent had a manager who picks the team OR decides who is coming or going. If we get one of those things in place we can deal with the other one at some other point surely.

Agreed. One step at a time would be better than nothing.

How in the hell has it come to this - where conceding Vlad can buy all the players as long as a coach makes the subs is acceptable?

Only a Game
Agreed. One step at a time would be better than nothing.

How in the hell has it come to this - where conceding Vlad can buy all the players as long as a coach makes the subs is acceptable?

When someone is kicking the sh|t out of you. the fact that he takes his shoes off and puts his slippers on before continuing can seem like a good thing.

Only a Game
What is a prominent fan?

Do I get to go as I have a platinum season ticket?

Havent seen anyone on here prepared to admit to being a "prominent fan" and going to the meeting.

Perhaps someone "prominent" will deign to let us know what was said by the club for our consumption and what was said on our behalf as a response.

ToadKiller Dog
What is a prominent fan?

A fan who wears a shirt and tie to the match?

one who has a rather large chin or nose?

A fan who likes to read his own views in the hobosman or kick hats about the street?

Archived