The Just Passing Through Players

JamboSpur

4 hours ago, number-16 said:

Remember when he started against AEK Athens in the Champions League while Jankauskas and Pinilla were sat on the bench?

Still had an outside chance in that tie as well. ****ing still makes me angry. 90 mins from the group stages and you don’t play either or both Janny and Pinilla. 

You (Romanov) plays Jamie ****ing Mole.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WheatfieldWarrior

• XXX

• Tasavallan

• milky_26

Here is a blast from the past (2010 to be exact) JONATHAN TOTO.

JJ found him playing in Italy with Legnano while at training camp at Coccio.  Played one pre-season trial but had visa problems (2 Contracts and 2 passports). punted to Morton where he has a few games then disappeared to Cameroon. 

_49244871_toto466.jpg

2 hours ago, Legend Claws said:

Bossed a game in MF at Ibrox and that was literally it.

Think your forgetting a certain derby match...

Michael Ngoo.  Came on loan from Liverpool but now playing in Albania with KF Tirana.

A_A wehatethehibs

Craig Beattie. Only 576 legendary minutes on the pitch in maroon. 

Seems to have played for just about everyone. 

Coincidently, Vyacheslav Hleb is currently playing with Arsenal.  Never did wear the maroon.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Lee Hollis, on the books for 2 weeks in August 2015, played two games during our wee goalkeeping crisis then released. Can't remember if he was any good or not. 

Lee Hollis! 

I knew new we had a GK named Lee, and I thought it was Nicholls. Imagine my surprise when I searched and found he’d never been with us. Cheers, that’d been driving me nuts for a good 24 hrs. 

wheatfield to sheffield
1 hour ago, Masonic said:

matej rapnik was on soccer am with gary glen great wee left wing back unfortunately things havent worked out well for him

This was the player I was trying to remember. Never made a competitive appearance, was sub a lot - remember once when he was getting stripped ready to come on but then didn't. Now 29 and playing for Dravograd

23 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Faycal Rherras is now at Qarabag

Scored tonight against Linfield 

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Scored tonight against Linfield 

He looked like a player early on for us, good to see him get on the scoresheet.

9 hours ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

I remember that game. Horrendous keeping by McGregor. Sure we lost that one 2 - 1 that day. 

Pretty sure it was an absolute shitshow of a dive from a certain Mr Naismith that got them the penalty they scored their late winner from. (Incidentally, and again my memory might be playing tricks with me, but that penalty was Kris Boyd’s first goal at Tynie - the only ground out of all the Premier League grounds at the time that he hadn’t scored at!)

Faycal Rherras - I thought he was ok. Now playing for Qarabag in Russia and scored for them tonight against Linfield. Although they got beat tonight, Qarabag are a top team, so he obviously has something. 

6 minutes ago, cocomac said:

Faycal Rherras - I thought he was ok. Now playing for Qarabag in Russia and scored for them tonight against Linfield. Although they got beat tonight, Qarabag are a top team, so he obviously has something. 

Although he did nothing for us and even less for Hibs

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
9 hours ago, Jamboross said:

Lee Hollis, on the books for 2 weeks in August 2015, played two games during our wee goalkeeping crisis then released. Can't remember if he was any good or not. 

He wasn't.

25 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

he was here for donks, from the academy, sort of became a utility player

Utility Player = not good enough to cement a position of his own and drops out of the team when everyone is fit. 

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

153 appearances, over 6 seasons, in a number of defensive and midfield positions. 

46 as a sub,  of which 27 never got on. 

12 hours ago, Masonic said:

matej rapnik was on soccer am with gary glen great wee left wing back unfortunately things havent worked out well for him

Was there not a cracking video from them that day, was it skill school or something?

7 hours ago, cocomac said:

Azerbaijan, not Russia pal. 

Hibs ***** that he is.

TwigTheWonderKid

I'll add 

Jim Bett 

Kieran McAnespie (almost played for a different club each year after his 5 league games with us)

Mark Burchill (I remember being very disappointed with him. I was 29 I should have known better by then. Scored 4 in 12. Which actually isn't too bad 😂

Mike Tullberg ( 6 teams, 72 appearances, 9 goals scored. Retired at 26. Now manager of Borussia Dortmund reserve team) 

12 hours ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Eggert Jonsson

Current age: 31

Current club: SonderjyskE (top tier of Danish football).

He played nearly 200 games for us. I wouldn’t say he’s a player that just “passed through”.

The Apprentice

I thought Rherras was terrible but did go through a patch of producing some great goal line clearances. Still remember that ball bouncing over his head at Ibrox from a throw in allowing a simple tap in at the back post. Slapstick defending at its best. 

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, dumpson said:

I had quite high hopes when we signed Muirhead. 

:trippin:

I always think folk get more excited about left footed players. 

Then you see them and realise they are just as shite as the right footed ones, but with the other leg. 

Not angry, just dissapointed. 

7 hours ago, Dunks said:

Kevin James. The original 7 foot player. Scored once in 14 games at never made it to a bigger/better club.

Was a kid when he played for us and I was getting my hair cut at a barbers (across from the Gorgie entrance and up the wee side street) and she was asking what players were my favourites. She asked me what I thought of Kevin James and I said "Aww, he's alright". Was his sister cutting my hiar

Just as well I never said what I really thought :lol:

Stephane Grappelli
On 21/08/2019 at 21:59, BarneyBattles said:

Hjalmar Thorarninsson (age 33). Playing for Berserkir and rattling a 70 year old according to wiki. 

He scored v. Motherwell in the wee cup semi at Easter Road in 2005. I left at 2-0 down with 10 mins to go and we got it back to 2-2 before losing in ET. 

Won his signed shirt at a Tam Cowan fund raiser just before Christmas 2012.  

Another name for the list if not mentioned already, Kenny Anderson.

4 hours ago, superjack said:

Was there not a cracking video from them that day, was it skill school or something?

23 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Wee appearances from Scott Robinson, Craig Thomson and Ryan McGowan in that video. Couldn't quite make out any others that made it to the first team

Dallas Green
29 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Wee appearances from Scott Robinson, Craig Thomson and Ryan McGowan in that video. Couldn't quite make out any others that made it to the first team

Looked like Jason Thomson was there too.

Isma Goncalves

Current age: 28

Current club: Esteghlal F.C. (Iranian football club based in capital Tehran).

Edited by The Spy Who Loved Me

14 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Looked like Jason Thomson was there too.

Sounds about right, he would've been in the academy at the same time. I'll need to go back and take another look

On 21/08/2019 at 22:40, Alan_R said:

This has to be the oddest thing to come out of this thread. This is his Mrs... I half expected some well made up Scandinavian dame but...

BCDC163749A7608B168BF8EC9820A594DD32C8EE

Could be Demetri Mitchells mother 

Cole Stockton - Carlisle, back to Tranmere, loaned out to Wrexham and now at Morcambe. Only 28 goals in his career out of 188 appearances. What were we thinking?

grumpy rebus
On 21/08/2019 at 23:40, Alan_R said:

This has to be the oddest thing to come out of this thread. This is his Mrs... I half expected some well made up Scandinavian dame but...

BCDC163749A7608B168BF8EC9820A594DD32C8EE

On 21/08/2019 at 23:44, Morgan said:

Would.

Have