A War of Two Halves - Catch it before it finishes on Monday 26th August

Hearts Heritage

On 24/08/2019 at 09:36, hearts @ heart said:

Very well done to all the cast. Very emotional and done with dignity, humour and very emotional experience.  Would of loved to of talked to the cast at the end. Very humbling. Dare I say it the cast put there whole heart and sole in to it. The main character has to be a Jambo.  Well he convinced me. Could not stop thinking about it for a good few days. 

Can confirm.

What a wonderfully written, evocative piece of art it was. It was a privilege to get to see.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• FJT

• 132goals1958

• graygo

15 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Can confirm.

What a wonderfully written, evocative piece of art it was. It was a privilege to get to see.

Nice chatting to you after the show pal! 👍🏼

10 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Nice chatting to you after the show pal! 👍🏼

And you! Between you and me . . . thank you for shooshing the burd. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great stuff, Dave. 

I'm going to be in bits tonight.....I just know it.

Yip, it gets very emotional at times. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great stuff, Dave. 

I'm going to be in bits tonight.....I just know it.

Currently in Bensons getting prepared for the last show. 

Attended this on Fri evening with wife,  and 13 and 9 year old boys.  They were all really engaged and even the not so academic 13 year old was reflecting a lot about WW1 after the show, delaying his inevitable return to the iphone and headphones by 10 minutes when back in the car which is as good a compliment as the show could get !    The wife said she wasn't really that up for it, but loved it in the end, as did the 9 year old.  

A unique and emotional story wonderfully staged, acted and produced.  Well done to all involved !  Proud to be Jambos, just a pity we had to witness what happened 45 hours later through in Glasgow......

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

And you! Between you and me . . . thank you for shooshing the burd. :rofl:

Haha! No worries mate 😂

Was at the 15:30 show and it was Brilliant.

I'm not someone that would normally go to a play or artsy thing but my Father and I enjoyed this so much.

Funny and emotional.

The actors were great also.

Glad I got to see this

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just preparing for the final 8.30 pm show with a Guinness or two. Genuinely excited. 

Hope you enjoy bud!

Sorry as stupid as this sounds (it's been an extremely long day) - for those that have been to this where exactly is the entrance for the show at the ground? ie is it via main stand/Gorgie etc. Have visions of me stumbling in 15 mins late after running round the stadium 

132goals1958
3 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

Sorry as stupid as this sounds (it's been an extremely long day) - for those that have been to this where exactly is the entrance for the show at the ground? ie is it via main stand/Gorgie etc. Have visions of me stumbling in 15 mins late after running round the stadium 

The 1874 bar

Puts a lot of things into perspective.

Really connected with the performance.

I just love Heart of Midlothian FC, an incredible story performed exceptionally well.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just waiting on my train reflecting on the final performance.

It was magnificent and all the cast were wonderful as was the setting in our marvellous stadium. 

What was particularly poignant was that during the scenes in the trenches with all the battlefield sound effects, the festival fireworks were also clearly heard and it just added to the whole atmosphere.

Please don't let it end there. It's too good not to continue.

Thought the same, fireworks added to the battle sounds. Was a great show and the actors were really good. Even the wife enjoyed it and she hates football

Fxxx the SPFL
12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just waiting on my train reflecting on the final performance.

It was magnificent and all the cast were wonderful as was the setting in our marvellous stadium. 

What was particularly poignant was that during the scenes in the trenches with all the battlefield sound effects, the festival fireworks were also clearly heard and it just added to the whole atmosphere.

Please don't let it end there. It's too good not to continue.

Glad you enjoyed it Jonno me and the wife went Sunday afternoon must have been at least 60-65 in the audience very poignant especially as you say the trench part must admit a wee tear to the eye did it bring although i tried to explain to the wife that it was the smell of the brewery that caused my eyes to water lol. Everybody should watch this and the ctors were all brilliant. see you saturday.

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ray, I have been reflecting about the show this morning, and last night looking around the stadium as darkness fell was awe inspiring. 

The performance was brilliant from everyone and to think back to what these brave lads, not just from Hearts, must have gone through at such a young age, was terrifying. The cast conveyed it with humour, dignity and sadness and, I have to admit, the watery eyes were never far away. Damn hay fever is bad this time of year. 

I really hope they can find a way to keep the play going. It's something every single Hearts fan should see. 

If anyone from the play is on here all I can say is a heartfelt 'Thank You'.

Well said Jonno 

I was at the six o’clock show yesterday . Loved it . Had more than a wee year in my eye . Nearly started when he kissed the jersey 2 mins in 😂😂

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ray, I have been reflecting about the show this morning, and last night looking around the stadium as darkness fell was awe inspiring. 

The performance was brilliant from everyone and to think back to what these brave lads, not just from Hearts, must have gone through at such a young age, was terrifying. The cast conveyed it with humour, dignity and sadness and, I have to admit, the watery eyes were never far away. Damn hay fever is bad this time of year. 

I really hope they can find a way to keep the play going. It's something every single Hearts fan should see. 

If anyone from the play is on here all I can say is a heartfelt 'Thank You'.

Cheers for the kind words jonno... we’ve all had a very humbling experience this year with the reaction from our audiences. It’s an important story that deserves to be told and needless to say we will be back at Tynecastle at some point. 

We couldn’t do what we do without the support of you all... so to all of you on here who came to the play, this year or last, can I say on behalf of the cast a very heartfelt thank you!

HHGH