• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• FJT

• 132goals1958

• graygo

HillmanHearts

Just to say :

Thoroughly recommend to anyone who hasn't been and is contemplating it.

Very moving and informative account of the staggering events.

Mid Calder Jambo

I only have one thing to say on this one.  Just go. No excuses as you will be moved to the core whether you support Hearts or support football.

Just bought tickets thanks to this thread for my Dad and me.

Looking forward to it next Monday.

Sounds as if it is worth it

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

If you haven't seen it GO AND SEE IT. worth every penny, a great and well told story and within the setting of our beautiful ground (your chance to be in the new dressing room and tunnel)

The guy posted in the thread on the Shed they don't expect to run it again around Remembrance and next year's Fringe so don't miss out.

There is a few shows on pretty much everyday, think the only day they didn't have it on was when we played Ross County

Thought Police
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes. 

Cheers. I’m fine with it, can just be difficult persuading others to part with that kind of cash.

Every Hearts fan should know the story but to see it told  in such a uniquely evocative way in the place where it all started will make you realise what a completely unique football club we are privileged to support. 

hearts @ heart

Me and the Mrs are going on Thursday.  We were at the Usher Hall for the tribute to the McCrae's Battalion. It was very emotional and found it very moving. 

There is know way we could miss it.

Went to see it tonight.  It’s an emotional story and the actors in it are all brilliant.  The playing of the violin was really evocative.  

17 minutes ago, The Broo said:

Went to see it tonight.  It’s an emotional story and the actors in it are all brilliant.  The playing of the violin was really evocative.  

The Angel played by Alison McNeill, a talented violinist indeed.

25 minutes ago, The Broo said:

Took the wife and her pal last night. Absolultely fantastic. Well worth it. Get yourself along. Makes you want to go to the Remembrance Day service even more.

Saw it last year and again tonight. Such a good show, story, cast and setting. I cried like a baby despite knowing exactly what was coming. 

I was their on Friday night. It was a wonderful show with great acting from all the cast. Leaves a lasting impression and a feeling of deep pride in these young men in maroon, who put their country before their club when the nation needed them most.   A wee reminder of why we should all be so proud to be associated with a football club with such a history. The added bonus of a mini tour of Tynecastle as well. Going up the tunnel very impressive, and the new changing rooms . Well worth the £24. 

18 hours ago, Thought Police said:

So definitely worth the £24 then?

Think you get money off if you are a season ticket holder.

two tickets purchased for Sunday, first time the wife will have been to the new Tynecastle,  so looking forward to seeing the show after all the comments on here.  away to purchase some tissues!!

57 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am a season ticket holder and I wouldn't even consider looking for a cheaper ticket. 

Chapeau @jonnothejambo my mate bought our tickets so he's obviously not a PHM.

It should have been ten

Is entry through the turnstiles and do the audience sit and watch the show or have to walk around to follow it. Never seen it myself so asking for a friend. Cheers 

11 minutes ago, gorgiedad said:

Going tomorrow night too.probably a silly question but is bar 1874open before the show and can you get a bite to eat there?

The bar was open the night I went - I was there about 30 mins before the show. Don't know about food but highly doubt it as the bar isn't exactly well-used outside matchdays

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
15 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Is entry through the turnstiles and do the audience sit and watch the show or have to walk around to follow it. Never seen it myself so asking for a friend. Cheers 

Starts in the bar and you walk around to watch it in the following locations: 

Fans bar ▶️ Gorgie End ▶️ Dressing Room ▶️ Main Stand ▶️ Wheat field concourse ▶️ Bottom of steps between wheatfield&roseburn ▶️ Memorial Garden 

(if I recall correctly- it was slightly changed from last year due to the location of the dressing rooms) 

On 20/08/2019 at 15:09, jonnothejambo said:

Going to the final performance next Monday. Looking forward to it so much.

Managed to get tickets for Monday . Only 8 left when we got them at lunchtime 

Its amazing. Went to see it last year. Was going to go again on Saturday with more of the family but can't make it due to childcare. If you haven't seen it yoy geniunely are missing something special.

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Starts in the bar and you walk around to watch it in the following locations: 

Fans bar ▶️ Gorgie End ▶️ Dressing Room ▶️ Main Stand ▶️ Wheat field concourse ▶️ Bottom of steps between wheatfield&roseburn ▶️ Memorial Garden 

(if I recall correctly- it was slightly changed from last year due to the location of the dressing rooms) 

Sounds good, cheers mate 👌🏼

A guy I know isn't a Hearts fan or even a football fan in general but has seen this several times now (works at Tynecastle) and said it is absolutely brilliant.

Brick Tamland

Just home after going tonight with my son. We both thought it was brilliant. Very moving and a fine historical piece, makes you love this club even more. The sacrifice of The battalion should always be remembered and this was a very fitting way to do so. 

Jambo 4 Ever
14 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Think you get money off if you are a season ticket holder.

How much for season ticket holders?

jamborleystatto

Went on tuesday.simply wow.a must for any jambo.also shows what a fine stadium we have now and should be super proud.

2 hours ago, EIEIO said:

£5 Off ticket price.

Ffs that’s the first I’ve heard of it, 2 at full price and £5 donation to the museum , pure flash me😂