22 in a row footage

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

Evening guys got some new 22 in a row related footage added to my you tube channel 

whole Scottish cup match from 94

stv news segment which covers John millar scoring in 1-1 draw New Years 94

mo Johnston signing then playing in 2-0 win at Easter road in 93

enjoy 👍

Enjoyed watching that Colquhoun goal again , the Hibs fans and their innocent behaviour then Robbo’s superb challenge that was so good it didn’t even get a yellow

Skippy Doodle
5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

They never seem to interview fans in pubs these days. 

That ain’t a bad thing haha

Fitzroy Pointon
14 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

That ain’t a bad thing haha

Haha true. Actually the last time I actually seen it was before the 2012 cup final and some fat Hibs fan was saying it was their year. 

Skippy Doodle
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Haha true. Actually the last time I actually seen it was before the 2012 cup final and some fat Hibs fan was saying it was their year. 

This is my favourite segment with hibs fans during this time 

Is that Kevin Harper behind the dugout in the cup game with a perfect view of GM's pass? :D

Watched that clip hundreds of times over the years and hadn't noticed him before 🤣

such a great celebration that game. We thought we were going to win the cup...and then got drawn away to Rangers 🤣 🙄

Skippy Doodle
Just now, neilnunb said:

Is that Kevin Harper behind the dugout in the cup game with a perfect view of GM's pass? :D

Watched that clip hundreds of times over the years and hadn't noticed him before 🤣

such a great celebration that game. We thought we were going to win the cup...and then got drawn away to Rangers 🤣 🙄

I’m prettty sure that was harper 😂

Skippy Doodle

Think I might do a top 22 moments in 22 in a row video for the channel

what goals, saves, tackles would you nominate for it?

comment below

2 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Think I might do a top 22 moments in 22 in a row video for the channel

what goals, saves, tackles would you nominate for it?

comment below

The three goals in the 0-3 in 1990. We owned them on the park. We didn't need to own them on paper.

Skippy Doodle
15 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

The three goals in the 0-3 in 1990. We owned them on the park. We didn't need to own them on paper.

Fosters touch with the left thigh to put the ball in his path is a thing of beauty. 

22 games in a row! Domination. 

Thanks Skippy! 

26 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Thanks. I've seen the goals but seeing them in their context in a compilation would be good.

2 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Evening guys got some new 22 in a row related footage added to my you tube channel 

enjoy 👍

:wow: 

Skippy Doodle
58 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Thanks. I've seen the goals but seeing them in their context in a compilation would be good.

Highlights below

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

This is my favourite segment with hibs fans during this time 

Just a wee bit of info on that piece of film -  The Hearts fan who speaks after the 1 minute mark who talks about hoping Hearts can win as her Grandsons and family support Hearts. One of her Grandsons is a Hearts reserve player who also has now played in the first team :)

Oh and the Hibs spangle at 3 minutes 11 seconds is the stereotype of a 'typical' Hibs fan. It would be typical of Hibs to beat Hearts by not beating them at all this season - wise words from the Hibs sage.

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Enjoyed watching that Colquhoun goal again , the Hibs fans and their innocent behaviour then Robbo’s superb challenge that was so good it didn’t even get a yellow

Remind me again what challenge it was?

26 minutes ago, trotter said:

Remind me again what challenge it was?

The beautiful two footed challenge at the corner flag , perfectly timed challenge imo 😉

3 hours ago, sadj said:

The beautiful two footed challenge at the corner flag , perfectly timed challenge imo 😉

Time? I'm genuinely drawing a blank here 🤣🤣

Nice to see the John Millar equalizer again. In the shed that night. Some incredible celebrations in there over the years but that was a real standout. Utter bedlam. Craig Levein does a pretty good impression of how we leapt around. 

Skippy said he had this footage on video in his attic and would post it up on here and he's delivered. 👏

Some amazing memories in there we owned them, I can never remember going into a derby worried about the result back then!

Hibs fans will tell you the vast majority of the games were draws... don’t believe them kids! 

29 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Some amazing memories in there we owned them, I can never remember going into a derby worried about the result back then!

Hibs fans will tell you the vast majority of the games were draws... don’t believe them kids! 

Me and a hibby school friend used to regularly bet our Paper run money on derbies. 9 times out of 10 he would be paying out :laugh:Thank you hibs for being so shite

Skippy Doodle

looking to put together a top 22 moments from 22 in a row games video. Want your suggestions for favourite goals, saves, tackles etc from these games #22InARow 

11D3D9AF-733D-4399-A1AB-FE0FA6B15FF4.jpeg

12 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

3rd goal 😘.  

Was there that day. Probably the last truly volatile derby game atmosphere. 

Lassie on the fence at the 3rd goal with the bunches in her hair always reminds of Toni Basil’s, ‘Mickey’ song. 😁

3fingersreid
12 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

The days when we got half the main stand and enclosure and the tramps showing themselves up again by causing trouble 😂

What an absolutely  electric atmosphere that day .

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

A truly amazing time. Was lucky enough to have gone to all of them. Natural Order 100%

It was an amazing time v them if you actually stop and look back.

only 3 defeats in 44 derbies wedged between the two unbeaten runs. (83-94)

But if you extend it to the first derby in the 97-98 season(as they went on to have the upper hand thereafter until CL came in) it was only 7 defeats in 59 derbies. 

You know all this but I like to point it out 😁

:pleasing: 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

3rd goal 😘.  

Was there that day. Probably the last truly volatile derby game atmosphere. 

Lassie on the fence at the 3rd goal with the bunches in her hair always reminds of Toni Basil’s, ‘Mickey’ song. 😁

Was that lassie no going out with one of the team? Robbo maybe?

42 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Haha, good shout. Saw her and her boyfriend at most games during that time. They travelled everywhere following the famous including great pre season trips to the Highlands and the Isle of Man. 

The Mercer derby was some day.   What you don't get on those highlights is the scale of the trouble in their shed.     Absolute carnage.      

maroonlegions
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The Mercer derby was some day.   What you don't get on those highlights is the scale of the trouble in their shed.     Absolute carnage.      

Was there with a whole bunch of mates, in fact it was the boy in our group who first ran on the pitch to face the dirty hobo who attack Robbo. We witnessed some right paggers before and after the game, utter carnage, the Gorgie Fist was rampant that day.

FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Nice to see the John Millar equalizer again. In the shed that night. Some incredible celebrations in there over the years but that was a real standout. Utter bedlam. Craig Levein does a pretty good impression of how we leapt around. 

Skippy said he had this footage on video in his attic and would post it up on here and he's delivered. 👏

My first ever derby. First time I’ve seen that footage. 

15 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

enjoy 👍

BRILLIANT!!!!2-1.jpg.95e92bf6bb1f3170de4a7e80ae2b5cbc.jpg

Wayne,  Wayne, super Wayne,

Wayne, Wayne, super Wayne,

Wayne, Wayne, super Wayne, 

SUPER WAYNE FOSTER!!!!!!image-1.jpg.1b34d1548bec390a364fb13b353c85b7.jpg

The 21 key........Great memories,

Cheers Skippy 👍👍👍

Fitzroy Pointon
3 hours ago, martoon said:

It's weird, that was only my second derby (first was the Magic winner) but even at a young age all I was thinking about when they scored was what the papers and news would be saying about them ending our unbeaten run. I needn't have worried of course. We were terrible that season but they still couldn't beat us. 

I was in the enclosure behind the dugout and the celebration was mental. The shed looked crazy, well what you could see of it. Even on sunny days you struggled to see what was going on in the shed. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The Mercer derby was some day.   What you don't get on those highlights is the scale of the trouble in their bus shelter.     Absolute carnage.      

Fyfy :laugh:

Byyy The Light
15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

It's weird, that was only my second derby (first was the Magic winner) but even at a young age all I was thinking about when they scored was what the papers and news would be saying about them ending our unbeaten run. I needn't have worried of course. We were terrible that season but they still couldn't beat us. 

I was in the enclosure behind the dugout and the celebration was mental. The shed looked crazy, well what you could see of it. Even on sunny days you struggled to see what was going on in the shed. 

Similar memories to me. 1st Derby. I was in upper N. Looking over to the scenes in the shed was unreal.

One of my favourite ever Hearts goals. Had never experienced anything like that in my life. 

52 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

We were poor. Iirc, we only won 3 league games pre-Christmas and 2 were v. Hibs. They just could not cope with us back then.

Huge relief when John scored. My favourite underrated Hearts player of all time.

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

My first ever derby. First time I’ve seen that footage. 

It was just a wee clip on the Scottish news the following night. Haven't seen it since myself.

The game itself was postponed at least twice. New Year's day, the first reschedule, perhaps even a second, before it was finally played around the 19th/20th of the month.

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Was there with a whole bunch of mates, in fact it was the boy in our group who first ran on the pitch to face the dirty hobo who attack Robbo. We witnessed some right paggers before and after the game, utter carnage, the Gorgie Fist was rampant that day.

FTH.

:cornette:

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

I recall a Hibby at work the following day said something similar. They couldn't see us in the shed from the Gorgie Road end which made the wall of sound even louder when it hit them. 

My sister lived in Stockbridge at the time and said she heard the roar from there.  

Would love to be able to buy an "AT ALL 22" type of T-Shirt.

Is there such a thing?

And if not, why not?

:waiting:

3 hours ago, sadj said:

5:24 in Mo Johnston game

Good man. Never seen that before somehow. Thing of beauty though

Very difficult to chose a favourite game from the 22 but I'd go for:

0-3, 1990/91, The Mercer Derby,

1-2, 1993/94, Fozzy Derby,

1-4, 1990/91, New Year thrashing.

The list to chose from. Typed from golden memory. :clubbed:

1988/89

2-1

1989/90

1-0

1-1 a

2-0

2-1 a

1990/91

3-0 a

1-1

4-1 a

3-1

1991/92

0-0

1-1 a

1-1

2-1 a

1992/93

0-0 a

1-0

0-0 a

1-0

1993/94

1-0

2-0 a

1-1

2-1 a

0-0 a

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, martoon said:

It was just a wee clip on the Scottish news the following night. Haven't seen it since myself.

The game itself was postponed at least twice. New Year's day, the first reschedule, perhaps even a second, before it was finally played around the 19th/20th of the month.

IiRC, the club were not exactly working overtime to get the pitch ready before CL returned from injury. Was worth it as he strolled about owning them for 90 minutes.