Walker ( broken leg ) and Naismith

NB GIN

3 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I am sorry you have confused my post, Nowhere in any of my posts am I referring to Walker as being prone to injury, indeed I have stated that his injury could have been sustained by anybody on the field, these things happen. My particular grump is also not that we have signed Naismith but the length of the term due to the fact that he is injury prone and I don't think that can be denied. In the last three years he has spent more time off the field than on it  and I don't see that changing. At his age I don't think there is any other Scottish club that would have offered him the deal he has at Hearts... does that make him a good signing? To be honest I don't think so. I will add though... I hope I am wrong and he has a stellar time over the four years.

Do you know the terms of his contract or are you just guessing?

Is it for 4 years solely as a player?

Is it for a certain period only as a player and the remainder of the 4 years as a player/coach?

Or some other variation?

Pray tell us what you know.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosanostra

• NB GIN

• Robbo-Jambo

• jock _turd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Where did i say he was finished?

:laugh:

Are you quoting the right person?

So he's not finished?  So he's not a wasted signing?

Glad we've got there in the end.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

So he's not finished?  So he's not a wasted signing?

Glad we've got there in the end.

I think he'll prove to be a poor signing for us. Kind of like McCann when he came back and it just wasn't the same.

You should stop making things up and attributing them to other people though. Makes you look weird. :laugh:

Have i explained that to your satisfaction?

10 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I think he'll prove to be a poor signing for us. Kind of like McCann when he came back and it just wasn't the same.

You should stop making things up and attributing them to other people though. Makes you look weird. :laugh:

Have i explained that to your satisfaction?

I personally think he'll prove this statement wrong (not to prove this statement wrong, mind you, I doubt he'll see it!).

All opinions eh.  The "good" thing about this injury is it's an impact injury and a clean fracture (or must be given quoted timescales), so nothing to do with his knee issues.  What he had wrong with his knees is aginy and really debilitating - had it as a teenager and it ruled me out of football for a long time and it left my tendons pretty weak too - you couldn't really do much exercise with it.  This injury though, is totally separate and he can probably do a fair bit of fitness work with it so his core fitness will remain

I think Jamie was looking good on Friday night.  He has intelligence, timing and instinctive finishing/creativity.  He actually does a lot of running too.  Yep, he doesn't have that 5 yard burst, but he doesn't need it the way he plays now.

I predicted 10-15 goals and 5-10 assist for him this season and think he'll find that type of form, if not now numbers, once he's back.  Hopefully his biggest issue is not his fitness, but getting back in to to a team which is flying come November/December.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

I personally think he'll prove this statement wrong (not to prove this statement wrong, mind you, I doubt he'll see it!).

All opinions eh.  The "good" thing about this injury is it's an impact injury and a clean fracture (or must be given quoted timescales), so nothing to do with his knee issues.  What he had wrong with his knees is aginy and really debilitating - had it as a teenager and it ruled me out of football for a long time and it left my tendons pretty weak too - you couldn't really do much exercise with it.  This injury though, is totally separate and he can probably do a fair bit of fitness work with it so his core fitness will remain

I think Jamie was looking good on Friday night.  He has intelligence, timing and instinctive finishing/creativity.  He actually does a lot of running too.  Yep, he doesn't have that 5 yard burst, but he doesn't need it the way he plays now.

I predicted 10-15 goals and 5-10 assist for him this season and think he'll find that type of form, if not now numbers, once he's back.  Hopefully his biggest issue is not his fitness, but getting back in to to a team which is flying come November/December.

He's a great finisher and a clean striker of the ball. I'd agree with that.

I've not seen enough of him this season to write him off completely but i thought he was barely involved v Aberdeen (neat finish though) and terrible v County.

He looked okay v Well but I thought we looked better after he went off.

I'd love him to do well but I'm struggling to see it.

Just now, cosanostra said:

He's a great finisher and a clean striker of the ball. I'd agree with that.

I've not seen enough of him this season to write him off completely but i thought he was barely involved v Aberdeen (neat finish though) and terrible v County.

He looked okay v Well but I thought we looked better after he went off.

I'd love him to do well but I'm struggling to see it.

Funny, I thought we were much better before he went off.  He had that wee bit creative nous we often lack.  Couple of things which were inches from coming off.  Did MacLean have a single shot on goal?  Compare that to positions Jamie got himself into.

We're very different people it would appear, Cos!

36 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you know the terms of his contract or are you just guessing?

Is it for 4 years solely as a player?

Is it for a certain period only as a player and the remainder of the 4 years as a player/coach?

Or some other variation?

Pray tell us what you know.

I never mention anything about the "terms" of his contract ?? I was commenting on the length of the term he is contracted to us.. no ambiguity there it is four years.  I am not really interested in his qualities as a coach, I want good fit players under contract, but CL may be. To be fair his contribution saved us from almost certain relegation last year so maybe he can slot in and have a good run of games again this year ! Staying fit for the greater part of the season will be a big bonus.

14 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I never mention anything about the "terms" of his contract ?? I was commenting on the length of the term he is contracted to us.. no ambiguity there it is four years.  I am not really interested in his qualities as a coach, I want good fit players under contract, but CL may be. To be fair his contribution saved us from almost certain relegation last year so maybe he can slot in and have a good run of games again this year ! Staying fit for the greater part of the season will be a big bonus.

:gok:

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s pretty unreal reading some of the comments. Like you say he was trying to run off a broken ****ing leg..... it would be funny if it wasn’t so incredible. 

We’ve got some real tossers amongst us. 

This. Some of the comments have been simply disgusting.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Funny, I thought we were much better before he went off.  He had that wee bit creative nous we often lack.  Couple of things which were inches from coming off.  Did MacLean have a single shot on goal?  Compare that to positions Jamie got himself into.

Having watched the full game back again last night we were definitely better before he went off despite scoring shortly afterwards.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I don't think that's a cheap shot. He used to be a relatively fast winger. He has completely lost his burst of pace due to injury. 

His injury record makes for grim reading.

If we wanted someone to cover for Naismith, he's about the last person I'd have wanted.

Walker's never had much pace, I've certainly never thought of him as a relatively fast winger .

julienbrellier

Can someone update me on the injury front? It may have been posted elsewhere but is there any definitive information on the four key players currently injured.

Walker - 3 months

Naismith - Back this weekend?

Haring - any info?

Souttar - any info?

Once again the injuries are stacking up, how unlucky are we!!??

Ta

Edited by julienbrellier

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Walker's never had much pace, I've certainly never thought of him as a relatively fast winger .

He was never Mulraney fast but he had a decent burst of pace.

doctor jambo
Just now, cosanostra said:

He was never Mulraney fast but he had a decent burst of pace.

Yes, that was my recollection too.

Never the fastest BUT had enough in the tank when needed.

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Of course you didn't mention the terms of his contract but it is clear you have assumed it is for a full 4 years as a player when in fact there may be other matters written in which take account of possible injury (in view of his recent history) eg many on here have recommended him as a coach/future manager of the club.

Would you have offered him a contract and for how long?

If the answer is NO would you be comfortable if he was playing for Hibs, Killie or Rangers against us - when we had his signing right under our noses?

Walker of course is a different kettle of fish.

Edited by JamboAl

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Damn!

Not actually that concerned about the loss of Walker. I think McDonald, Zanatta or whoever will be right up for the opportunity.

Could even play Washington a bit deeper and give try Ikpeazu at no.9

Can’t second guess what Levein will do.

He night make the Hamilton game hopefully.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/when-ryotaro-meshino-will-arrive-at-hearts-and-when-fans-can-expect-his-debut-1-4986613

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Having watched the full game back again last night we were definitely better before he went off despite scoring shortly afterwards.

Definitely, it was a turning point, but the positive is that we managed it and still did well.  Over the last year, we get a set back and fold.  Hopefully sign of us growing a spine.

Their goal was the other turning point, as we started the 2nd half the better, more progressive team.  But, again, we dug in and got over the line.  A positive night in many ways, Jamie's injury excluded, obvs!

Just now, JamboAl said:

Of course you didn't mention the terms of his contract but it is clear you have assumed it is for a full 4 years as a player when in fact there may be other matters written in which take account of possible injury (in view of his recent history) eg many on here have recommended him as a coach/future manager of the club.

Would you have offered him a contract and for how long?

If the answer is NO would you be comfortable if he was playing for Hibs, Killie or Rangers against us - when we had his signing right under our noses?

I don't think that either Hibs or Killie could have afforded him to be honest ... Rangers would... they have been interested? I think you may be thinking I am not happy he is at Hearts and that is not the case, it is the term of his contract that I am against. I think 2 years would have been my max with maybe an option to do another deal at the end if he had stayed fit for the majority of the contract. I think we have been forced to make it four years or nought. About his injury problems. For me at least the problem with players of his age is that injuries are much more difficult to come back from, at 32 he is no youngster.

The bit highlighted about his contribution and how it helped us last year is no matter for laughing over either. Without him in the team we struggled to get any points and it was a major contribution to us not being involved in a bottom of the table struggle. This highlights two points 1. He is a very valuable player.  2 . It is no good if he spends the majority of his time on the treatment table doing nothing and I worry he will spend a lot of time there.

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Naisy knows all the dark arts as well and won’t rise to Broon’s shite. 

and Whelan will have 'treated' Broonie before he gets the chance to go for Naisy.

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I don't think that's a cheap shot. He used to be a relatively fast winger. He has completely lost his burst of pace due to injury. 

If we wanted someone to cover for Naismith, he's about the last person I'd have wanted.

Walker has never been particularly fast compared to the likes of King and Nicholson.

He is just a better all round footballer than these two.

26 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I don't think that either Hibs or Killie could have afforded him to be honest ... Rangers would... they have been interested? I think you may be thinking I am not happy he is at Hearts and that is not the case, it is the term of his contract that I am against. I think 2 years would have been my max with maybe an option to do another deal at the end if he had stayed fit for the majority of the contract. I think we have been forced to make it four years or nought. About his injury problems. For me at least the problem with players of his age is that injuries are much more difficult to come back from, at 32 he is no youngster.

The bit highlighted about his contribution and how it helped us last year is no matter for laughing over either. Without him in the team we struggled to get any points and it was a major contribution to us not being involved in a bottom of the table struggle. This highlights two points 1. He is a very valuable player.  2 . It is no good if he spends the majority of his time on the treatment table doing nothing and I worry he will spend a lot of time there.

The deal that you have mentioned would not have been signed by Naismith.

He wanted a contract for 4 years and that is the only way we would have got him.

The hope is he stays relatively free of injury but even if he doesn't play every week his influence will be massive at the club.

The guy is a winner and that will rub off on players around him especially the youngsters.

39 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Say Naismith wanted 10k a week to give him 2 million quid over a two year deal and we said we can't afford that so he said 5k over 4 years so we could afford it; you'd have been happy in scenario one, but not two? Despite the outlay being the same?

45 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Say Naismith wanted 10k a week to give him 2 million quid over a two year deal and we said we can't afford that so he said 5k over 4 years so we could afford it; you'd have been happy in scenario one, but not two? Despite the outlay being the same?

Honestly 10K a week when we have been getting regularly shown up in games by teams who have players on a fraction of that? I hope we get value from him at the club I cannot say anymore than that.  Of course it could be pointed out that he played no part in most of these games because of injury!

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The deal that you have mentioned would not have been signed by Naismith.

He wanted a contract for 4 years and that is the only way we would have got him.

The hope is he stays relatively free of injury but even if he doesn't play every week his influence will be massive at the club.

The guy is a winner and that will rub off on players around him especially the youngsters.

Sadly that did not seem to happen last year... or if it did how much worse could we have been without him?

11 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Honestly 10K a week when we have been getting regularly shown up in games by teams who have players on a fraction of that? I hope we get value from him at the club I cannot say anymore than that.  Of course it could be pointed out that he played no part in most of these games because of injury!

Sorry I should add the numbers are just made up to illustrate the point. I don't know how much he's paid

Just now, Taffin said:

Sorry I should add the numbers are just made up to illustrate the point. I don't know how much he's paid

Ah right no problem.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I can't remember Jamie ever having pace and he is clearly far more effective in a central role linking midfield / attack and is well capable of chipping in 10+ goals as season - just like SN so he is just about the first person I would think of as a direct replacement for him. 

I agree his injury record is grim but this one wasn't down to a physical weakness so I still don't get your point. Cheap shot or not.

4 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Can someone update me on the injury front? It may have been posted elsewhere but is there any definitive information on the four key players currently injured.

Walker - 3 months

Naismith - Back this weekend?

Haring - any info?

Souttar - any info?

Once again the injuries are stacking up, how unlucky are we!!??

Ta

Hoping Naismith is back for Celtic and Souttar back for Hamilton.

6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

We were. We played some really good football in the first half and should've been out of sight. Cos is all over the place on this thread. His first comment was poor and the rest haven't improved to be honest.

Some people are pretty blinkered with Jamie unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Correct.