Walker ( broken leg ) and Naismith

NB GIN

Captain Sausage

Also, people now criticising Levein for signing up Naismith :rofl:

The absolute state of some of the opinions on here. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cosanostra

• NB GIN

• Robbo-Jambo

• jock _turd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Captain Sausage said:

I don't have a problem with signing him at all but the term of the deal is way too long. Of course wages have been mentioned as having sweetened the deal for him and Hearts... unfortunately I do not think we will get any real value for our money as at least 75% or more of the time he will be on the operating table.

3 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

The forum has been reeking of trolls and Hibs/Rangers/Celtic fans for too long now. I realise it's difficult to moderate all content but some posters get away with spouting guff and making constant attacks on players/management/Hearts supporters without any consequences to the extent that I have taken less and less interest in logging in. It's a shame as it would be good to have a balanced forum where you know those posting are genuine Hearts fans, perhaps making it a paid only site at say £20 a membership to put off most of the trolls.

28 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Good, and soon there will be no players.

Where will they be? 

You need to chill out a bit - embarrassing for a grown man  to be typing pish like this. 

Captain Sausage
11 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I don't have a problem with signing him at all but the term of the deal is way too long. Of course wages have been mentioned as having sweetened the deal for him and Hearts... unfortunately I do not think we will get any real value for our money as at least 75% or more of the time he will be on the operating table.

Value for money from Naismith? Serious?

Look at the statistics when Naismith plays and when he doesn’t. Our win % is something like 60% with him in the side, and less than 20% without him. He’s the definition of value for money (anyone within our wage structure who single handedly has that effect on the team results would be). 

Absolute nonsense being spouted here. 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Macros said:

The forum has been reeking of trolls and Hibs/Rangers/Celtic fans for too long now. I realise it's difficult to moderate all content but some posters get away with spouting guff and making constant attacks on players/management/Hearts supporters without any consequences to the extent that I have taken less and less interest in logging in. It's a shame as it would be good to have a balanced forum where you know those posting are genuine Hearts fans, perhaps making it a paid only site at say £20 a membership to put off most of the trolls.

I’ve been banned for 2 threads for giving obvious trolls righteous abuse.. place is infested 

31 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Walker with his injury ... could happen to any player on the pitch... however Naismith is made from some very brittle and fragile material and it was madness to  offer him that deal. Of course the deal could have been struck with CL knowing how injury prone he is and he has classed it a a one year deal because the rest of the time he will be injured?

Going by the latter part of this post, talk_turd would've perhaps been a more apt username. 

3 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

All not good enough Imo plain and simple

We'll never know if we don't play them. I think McDonald and Zanatta have something to offer.

50 minutes ago, trotter said:

Going by the latter part of this post, talk_turd would've perhaps been a more apt username. 

So you see him as an ever present in the side then ?

6 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

His injury v Well has Sweet ***** Adams to do with being injury prone!

Honestly!!!

:rofl:

Injury prone player gets injured again but it's nothing to do with being injury prone.

Good one champ.

I understand it's nothing to do with previous injury. Thanks for trying badly to point that out though.

2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

:spoton: 

Yet AGAIN, jkb proves itself. I'd take Naismith and Walker any day.

Signed for free and when on the park double our output! 

Walker done the right thing and took a fracture to prevent Well gaining the advantage in play.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Injury prone player gets injured again but it's nothing to do with being injury prone.

Good one champ.

I understand it's nothing to do with previous injury. Thanks for trying badly to point that out though.

He got injured taking a full blooded kick stopping what could easily have been a goal. It could have happened to any player.

I gave Jamie it as tight as anyone a couple of years ago but he took one for the team on Friday. I'm not sure what the cheap shots are all about.

3 hours ago, Macros said:

Your spot on and that's an excellent idea ..... count me in 

18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He got injured taking a full blooded kick stopping what could easily have been a goal. It could have happened to any player.

I gave Jamie it as tight as anyone a couple of years ago but he took one for the team on Friday. I'm not sure what the cheap shots are all about.

👍spot on,

speedy recovery Jamie!

3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

We'll never know if we don't play them. I think McDonald and Zanatta have something to offer.

100%....McDonald is a player who is different to anything we have, he has guile, can pick a pass and creates chances. He needs to be given a run of games not 1 then sub then stand and repeat. 

Look at Hastie\Turnbull at M'well, manager put them in and stuck with them and they became vital to them. 

Writing pkayers off who havent had a run of games...remember Mulraney at the start of last season....perfect example...manager stuck with him and he got better......

jamboinglasgow

Not read the thread for a few hours, are people treating a leg break in a match as evidence of a player being injury prone?

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

What cheap shot did i post?

He's injury prone. Are you saying that you don't agree?

24 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not read the thread for a few hours, are people treating a leg break in a match as evidence of a player being injury prone?

No. 

A long history of various injuries over several years is though.

The guy has no luck.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Good one champ.

When it comes to the "badly" stakes, I'm a novice compared to how bad that response was.

Walker is finished, is he?  Injury prone?  Of course, the fact that you produce that mishmash in one post and we poor ordinary mortals are supposed to be able to see that you weren't making a link between him being "injury prone" and the fact he was injured doing some fine defensive work.

Maybe if you hadn't expressed yourself so badly . . . !!!

5 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

No. 

The guy has no luck.

Even if the current injury is nothing to do with previous injury ?

You should have stuck with your final comment and left it at that.

8 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

When it comes to the "badly" stakes, I'm a novice compared to how bad that response was.

Walker is finished, is he?  Injury prone?  Of course, the fact that you produce that mishmash in one post and we poor ordinary mortals are supposed to be able to see that you weren't making a link between him being "injury prone" and the fact he was injured doing some fine defensive work.

Maybe if you hadn't expressed yourself so badly . . . !!!

Where did i say he was finished?

:laugh:

Are you quoting the right person?

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Even if the current injury is nothing to do with previous injury ?

You should have stuck with your final comment and left it at that.

Why does it matter if it's an old injury or a brand new one?

He's injury prone and he got badly hurt again.

This is normal for him.

Why is this so hard to understand?

It sucks but it is what it is.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Naisysback said:

100%....McDonald is a player who is different to anything we have, he has guile, can pick a pass and creates chances. He needs to be given a run of games not 1 then sub then stand and repeat. 

Look at Hastie\Turnbull at M'well, manager put them in and stuck with them and they became vital to them. 

Writing pkayers off who havent had a run of games...remember Mulraney at the start of last season....perfect example...manager stuck with him and he got better......

Definitely, would like to see a lot more of him.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, would like to see a lot more of him.

Unsure if we'll go with McDonald, Dario or Ryotaro.

It actually feels like we have a squad again even though I'd have liked another senior winger.

33 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

No. 

The guy has no luck.

Luck is just a misunderstanding of the theory of probability. 😄

5 hours ago, jock _turd said:

So you see him as an ever present in the side then ?

Maybe, maybe not. But it's ridiculous to suggest that being somewhat injury prone in his previous spell, and trying to walk off a broken leg that resulted from getting punted full force whilst he put a tackle in that JW Mk. 1 would never have done are somehow equivalent. 

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, Macros said:

Spot on and a great idea :thumb:

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

What cheap shot did i post?

He's injury prone. Are you saying that you don't agree?

You said you had no idea why we signed him because injuries had broken him. He was so broken that he tracked back into the box and took a full pelt kick blocking a shot on goal. Nothing to do wirh previous injuries which he looks to have recovered from. 

We signed him because of our obvious lack of options without Naismith. What other point are you trying to make?

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, amadjambo said:

He probably thought he could run it off and continue, and he had a damn good go at doing it. The lad’s commitment to Hearts since he came back cannot be questioned. Be nice if the fans all acknowledged and appreciated this. He’s just tried to run off a broken leg. That’s hardcore.

Can’t blame the physio for it either. As others have said, she didn’t run on with an x-ray machine under her arm.

It’s pretty unreal reading some of the comments. Like you say he was trying to run off a broken ****ing leg..... it would be funny if it wasn’t so incredible. 

We’ve got some real tossers amongst us. 

Edited by jack D and coke

5 hours ago, trotter said:

Maybe, maybe not. But it's ridiculous to suggest that being somewhat injury prone in his previous spell, and trying to walk off a broken leg that resulted from getting punted full force whilst he put a tackle in that JW Mk. 1 would never have done are somehow equivalent. 

I am sorry you have confused my post, Nowhere in any of my posts am I referring to Walker as being prone to injury, indeed I have stated that his injury could have been sustained by anybody on the field, these things happen. My particular grump is also not that we have signed Naismith but the length of the term due to the fact that he is injury prone and I don't think that can be denied. In the last three years he has spent more time off the field than on it  and I don't see that changing. At his age I don't think there is any other Scottish club that would have offered him the deal he has at Hearts... does that make him a good signing? To be honest I don't think so. I will add though... I hope I am wrong and he has a stellar time over the four years.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Unsure if we'll go with McDonald, Dario or Ryotaro.

It actually feels like we have a squad again even though I'd have liked another senior winger.

In the meantime who knows, he seems reluctant to use MacDonald or Zanatta and the Ryotaro won’t be ready for a wee while. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

I am sorry you have confused my post, Nowhere in any of my posts am I referring to Walker as being prone to injury, indeed I have stated that his injury could have been sustained by anybody on the field, these things happen. My particular grump is also not that we have signed Naismith but the length of the term due to the fact that he is injury prone and I don't think that can be denied. In the last three years he has spent more time off the field than on it  and I don't see that changing. At his age I don't think there is any other Scottish club that would have offered him the deal he has at Hearts... does that make him a good signing? To be honest I don't think so. I will add though... I hope I am wrong and he has a stellar time over the four years.

If he is wrapped in cotton wool when required, taken off early if we are cruising, not playing 90 minutes in friendlies for Scotland etc he should be fine.

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You said you had no idea why we signed him because injuries had broken him. He was so broken that he tracked back into the box and took a full pelt kick blocking a shot on goal. Nothing to do wirh previous injuries which he looks to have recovered from. 

We signed him because of our obvious lack of options without Naismith. What other point are you trying to make?

I don't think that's a cheap shot. He used to be a relatively fast winger. He has completely lost his burst of pace due to injury. 

His injury record makes for grim reading.

If we wanted someone to cover for Naismith, he's about the last person I'd have wanted.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In the meantime who knows, he seems reluctant to use MacDonald or Zanatta and the Ryotaro won’t be ready for a wee while

How do you know that?

I haven't read that anywhere. Must have missed it.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

How do you know that?

I haven't read that anywhere. Must have missed it.

He’s not actually signed yet has he? He's back in Japan and has applied for a visa, he’s not back in the UK for a few days. Levein said it would be tight for the deadline, he then needs integrated into training etc, then international break so it might be the Motherwell game on the 14th of September before we see him.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not actually signed yet has he? He's back in Japan and has applied for a visa, he’s not back in the UK for a few days. Levein said it would be tight for the deadline, he then needs integrated into training etc, then international break so it might be the Motherwell game on the 14th of September before we see him.

Damn!

Not actually that concerned about the loss of Walker. I think McDonald, Zanatta or whoever will be right up for the opportunity.

Could even play Washington a bit deeper and give try Ikpeazu at no.9

12 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Damn!

Not actually that concerned about the loss of Walker. I think McDonald, Zanatta or whoever will be right up for the opportunity.

Could even play Washington a bit deeper and give try Ikpeazu at no.9

I think Washington needs to stay up top, but it's definitely an option.

I'd rather keep the shape from Friday and directly replace Walker with someone.  He was playing a central/free midfield role in essence, so it's probably Clare, with someone moving to his right wing-ish position, maybe Zanatta or McDonald.  Ryo seems a direct replacement for that ACM role though, so that would be good but maybe a good couple of weeks off (after the int break will be our first look at him is my guess).

And there's Naismith.  If he's ready, it's the same team as Friday, with Naismith in for Walker imo.  If he's ready, though.

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think Washington needs to stay up top, but it's definitely an option.

I'd rather keep the shape from Friday and directly replace Walker with someone.  He was playing a central/free midfield role in essence, so it's probably Clare, with someone moving to his right wing-ish position, maybe Zanatta or McDonald.  Ryo seems a direct replacement for that ACM role though, so that would be good but maybe a good couple of weeks off (after the int break will be our first look at him is my guess).

And there's Naismith.  If he's ready, it's the same team as Friday, with Naismith in for Walker imo.  If he's ready, though.

If Naismith is fit, he'll play i guess.

He needs to be careful and not get into it with Scott Brown because that snidey prick would love to kick Naismith.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

He needs to be careful and not get into it with Scott Brown because that snidey prick would love to kick Naismith.

You can bet Brown will be sent on with the specific instruction to target Naismith if Naismith plays.

He has protection from the refs.

6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Naisy knows all the dark arts as well and won’t rise to Broon’s shite. 

19 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

On the flip side, I really hope Scott Brown plays.  Without Brendan's team and tactical knowhow around him, he's returned to the liability he was before.  Glenn Whelan will play and show Broon how it's done.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

On the flip side, I really hope Scott Brown plays.  Without Brendan's team and tactical knowhow around him, he's returned to the liability he was before.  Glenn Whelan will play and show Broon how it's done.

Brown will get away with shit that no Hearts player will.