DesertDawg

Ryotaro Meshino - Work Permit granted

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

I’ve attending Japanese language classes for the last couple months. Austin MacPhee has been coming for the last couple weeks didn’t think much of it. All adds up now I guess.

Austin MacPhee that could already speak fluent Japanese taking lessons in Japanese? 

:Aye:

Normthebarman

If he gets a work permit for us, how long is it valid for? Just for the season he's with us? Or is it a case of, he gets a work permit with us and then he's eligible to work in the UK for x number of years?

Normthebarman
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Austin MacPhee that could already speak fluent Japanese taking lessons in Japanese? 

To be fair, if he's not used it in ages, a quick couple of weeks getting a refresher and just using the language again isn't going to hurt. Doesn't seem that implausible to me. 

TheBigO

Patric Roberts was never going to make it at City but was superb for Celtic. If this kid is of similar quality then we're laughing.

Note of caution is that he only just signed for them, so it's not like we're getting someone who is settled. We're getting a young man having his first experience personally and professionally outside of Japan.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Been a while since he was in Japan playing.

Good to get a refresh. 

TheBigO
Just now, Normthebarman said:

To be fair, if he's not used it in ages, a quick couple of weeks getting a refresher and just using the language again isn't going to hurt. Doesn't seem that implausible to me. 

Not at all. Language is like any skill, gets rusty and needs brushed up. Should've seen me try to speak French on hols!!

Sir Gio
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Patric Roberts was never going to make it at City but was superb for Celtic. If this kid is of similar quality then we're laughing.

Note of caution is that he only just signed for them, so it's not like we're getting someone who is settled. We're getting a young man having his first experience personally and professionally outside of Japan.

I think that is a fair point and I do think Daniel Arzani, who came to Celtic with a massive build up

Tasavallan
27 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

No. I'd rather we win football games. Having quality around will only improve the prospects that have a chance of making it.

Nothing against McDonald who is going to be a great player.

If the pathway to first team football is going to be a little bit harder for Academy players then they just have to put in a bit more graft.  As my son's coach told him after pre-season training and the obligatory bleep test  'Nobody said it would be easy' 

Barack
3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good to get a refresh. 

That would mean if he's refreshing, then Hearts have been aware about the potential of a Japanese signing for some weeks.

But that can't be correct. Because apparently Hearts have been "panic buying." 🤔

OmiyaHearts

I know Japanese people who aren't fluent in Japanese, so bit harsh to have a go at the guy claiming Macphee is having classes.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

He got a level N3 qualification, which is in the middle from easy to hard 14 years ago so a refresher course would make sense.

https://www.jlpt.jp/e/about/levelsummary.html

Sarah O

I saw Austin, Ann and Craig at the Maki Ramen restaurant Fountainbridge the other night. Didn't think anything of it. Thought they were just out enjoying the festival. 

Hampden Demolition
13 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

If he gets a work permit for us, how long is it valid for? Just for the season he's with us? Or is it a case of, he gets a work permit with us and then he's eligible to work in the UK for x number of years?

Generally it’s however long the contract is I believe.

Auld Reekin'
9 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I know Japanese people who aren't fluent in Japanese, so bit harsh to have a go at the guy claiming Macphee is having classes.

Just finished 'Japan Through The Looking Glass' by Alan Macfarlane, a Cambridge professor who has lived and worked in Japan, and he was saying much the same, due to the enormous complexity of the spoken and written language.

Smith's right boot
27 minutes ago, Barack said:

That would mean if he's refreshing, then Hearts have been aware about the potential of a Japanese signing for some weeks.

But that can't be correct. Because apparently Hearts have been "panic buying." 🤔

We're just making it up, apparently. 

Stephen Muddie
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

On Monday he referenced a couple of late “interesting” options as signings that had come along unexpectedly 

I see. Thanks for clarifying mate :thumbsup:

mitch41
40 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I saw Austin, Ann and Craig at the Maki Ramen restaurant Fountainbridge the other night. Didn't think anything of it. Thought they were just out enjoying the festival. 

Cosying up to each other before it’s tin hats on for friday at Motherwell.

Robbo-Jambo
40 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Would have made it more exciting if there had been a young Japanese lad there making up a table of four. :pleasingao:

JamboAl
1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

I hope that doesn't mean we're hiring a languages coach or the resident moaners will be in full flow

Victorian

Jamie Walker's taking English next week.

Hector Riva
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

:notsure::4_1_72:

Gav M
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye, unfortunately it's Lockie that's taking it ken

I.T.K
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Aye, unfortunately it's Lockie that's taking it ken

I was about to post the same :biglaugh:

Gav M
1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

I was about to post the same :biglaugh:

Haha, didn't think I'd be the only one to think along those lines, just surprised I was the 1st in with it 😆

Natural Orders
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:lolderwood:

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Sorting out their p45’s I hope 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Are you in the advanced class then? Since he's fluent.

To be fair, if The Sun said he’s fluent he’s probably taking beginner classes.

Pretty sure I saw McPhee get off train at Edinburgh Gateway this morning though.  All adds up if he was on his way to the airport.  

Morgan
21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:rofl: 

Barack
23 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Remedial.

Horatio Caine

Is it possible this guy could become a goal Meshino?

sidjamesbottle
5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Is it possible this guy could become a goal Meshino?

It was worth looking in just for that !

jonnothejambo
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt Anthony is getting signed by Man City any time soon so so I expect this giy to be far better. I could be wrong of course. 

I am genuinely excited about hopefully getting him on board. 

Let's hope it happens, Dave.

maroonlegions

All good things come to those that wait, just hope that's true in our case.

Has he got his WP yet.....

:clock::banghead:

sadj
3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Think we could hire out Tynecastle for a wwe live event?

Imagine wee Lexi Bliss gracing the halls of Tynie.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Oh shit. Oh very shit.

Little Miss Bliss can wreck our pitch all she wants. I'd crawl a mile over broken glass to stick flags in her shite.

Anne make this happen or gtf IMHO.

That toy story cosplay summerslam effort. 😍She’s some lass behind the scene’s. Lilian Garcia does a podcast called Chasing Glory well worth a listen for some of the people. Kayla Braxton , Dana Brooke , Bliss , Charlotte etc. Bliss’s story from parents to how ahe got into fitness , even insecurities she still has is one of the best ones imo.

Dallas Green
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

That toy story cosplay summerslam effort. 😍She’s some lass behind the scene’s. Lilian Garcia does a podcast called Chasing Glory well worth a listen for some of the people. Kayla Braxton , Dana Brooke , Bliss , Charlotte etc. Bliss’s story from parents to how ahe got into fitness , even insecurities she still has is one of the best ones imo.

Cheers mate, will check that out 👍🏻

The Frenchman Returns

Re Austin at Japanese language classes, where is his partner/wife from?

he was in hospitality at the Piggery a couple of weeks ago and his plus 1 was Oriental according to one of the waitresses I know

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Wonder if Shinsuke Nakamura, Asuka and Kairi Sane will pop to Tynie when WWE in Scotland in a couple of months?! We should extend invites!

Mind you, The Rock never came to see Perry Kitchen!

Nah, they'll wait for Ring of Honour when the Prestigious Jambo Joe Hendry is fighting!

BarneyBattles44
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Credit due to the panic merchants doing a good job this new season.

Wilson

Who are the four members of the appeal committee for any work permit? All ex OLd Firm I’d bet . What are the chances....

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Just finished 'Japan Through The Looking Glass' by Alan Macfarlane, a Cambridge professor who has lived and worked in Japan, and he was saying much the same, due to the enormous complexity of the spoken and written language.

When you have 3 alphabets and over 2,000 'letters' compared to our 1 alphabet with 26, it's easy to see why it's almost impossible to master.

I can only order beer, ask for food, say colours and get directions. And thats after seven years regularly back and forward to Japan. I can read a bit more than I can say.

Robbie1902
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Are you in the advanced class then? Since he's fluent.

Just for beginners he didn’t seem fluent 

sadj
2 hours ago, Robbie1902 said:

I’ve attending Japanese language classes for the last couple months. Austin MacPhee has been coming for the last couple weeks didn’t think much of it. All adds up now I guess.

Would love to learn Japanese , there is letters they have no equivalent for L being one , they make a clicky noise or use an R sound. Fascinates me , distinctly Japanese thing and a subtle linguistic thing. Korean’s and Chinese in films get it used with them which is racist though. Amazing there is such fine lines and love there are a few Japanese speaking people on here , I’m quite jealous

tokyohearts

I’m the Japanese guy who gave the lowdown on Meshino to fabienleclerq.   Yes, I was there in Edinburgh in 2004-05, just as the Romanov revolution was unfolding.  My first Hearts game was a drab 0-0 home draw with Livingston, typical Levein result.  I thought McAllister was useless, Gordon was excellent and Maybury was the best of the lot.  Okay, I got two out of three right.

Really hope Meshino signs and turns out a success.  As of today, he is nowhere near the standing of Shunsuke Nakamura before the Reggina/Celtic moves and less feted than even Koki Mizuno (anyone remember him?), but he has been a late developer thus far.

h-e-a-r-t-s
2 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

There’s people in our support who aren’t fluent in English to be fair, not just a Japanese  thing 

reaths17
2 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

There’s people in our support who aren’t fluent in English to be fair, not just a Japanese  thing 

unfortunately there's a large portion fluent in whine.

sadj
37 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

When you have 3 alphabets and over 2,000 'letters' compared to our 1 alphabet with 26, it's easy to see why it's almost impossible to master.

I can only order beer, ask for food, say colours and get directions. And thats after seven years regularly back and forward to Japan. I can read a bit more than I can say.

My friend is a supra fiend and goes back and forth to Tokyo , says Japan its a place that needs to be experienced as words can’t do it justice

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good to get a refresh. 

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Fair points. My bad. Apologies to the boy for doubting him. 👍🏼

Cruyff Turn
32 minutes ago, tokyohearts said:

I’m the Japanese guy who gave the lowdown on Meshino to fabienleclerq.   Yes, I was there in Edinburgh in 2004-05, just as the Romanov revolution was unfolding.  My first Hearts game was a drab 0-0 home draw with Livingston, typical Levein result.  I thought McAllister was useless, Gordon was excellent and Maybury was the best of the lot.  Okay, I got two out of three right.

Really hope Meshino signs and turns out a success.  As of today, he is nowhere near the standing of Shunsuke Nakamura before the Reggina/Celtic moves and less feted than even Koki Mizuno (anyone remember him?), but he has been a late developer thus far.

👍🏼 Ace. Nice one. Plays well here and he might get some International recognition. Has he ever made an International Squad before? 

E6 Inc

He looks a player, could be very exciting and we definitely need to get more exciting! 

We're putting together a great squad to be fair. This has been a good window. 

Just need to start playing like it.

E6 Inc
39 minutes ago, tokyohearts said:

Always good to hear we've got fans in every corner of the globe! 

Long shot but Im off to Japan for the rugby world cup, are there any bars in Tokyo that are likely to show a Hearts game?