Harsh words in the dressing room - Washington’s interview

Hearts1975

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, ford donald said:

Not really,but there is so much negativity coming from the football side of things,don't see another answer,maybe you have it,please enlighten!

I can't "enlighten" you on the state of moral in the dressing room but I assume it's not great due to recent results. But using the phrase "he's lost the dressing room" infers that the players have actively turned against Levein and I don't think (but clearly don't know definitively) that they have. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• afanderson33

• Soapy Soutar

• Hearts1975

I dont think anyone can look at that team on Saturday and say it was chosen to be defensive. That’s just bullshit

You can say it was the first time that that team had played together so you have different players getting used to how other different players operate in a game - we still should have played better but the point cant be ignored.

As regards “tough words said in the dressing room” - happens in every football or team sport in the world.

Any team needs players that can, in essence, (or should) manage the game on the pitch once the kick off starts. We should have that in Berra, Naismith, Walker and now Washington - all experienced guys and all internationalists apart from Walker.

Fin Russell and Gregor Townsend had an argument at half time in the Calcutta cup this year. Has Gregor lost the dressing room. Did the second half of that game look as if the players had given up on the manager?

I know rugby players generally have better, more professional and respectful approach to the game they play but the point remains the same.

Edited by Jammy T

Absolute Scenes
20 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Feel a bit for Washington here as the service to him on Saturday was non-existent and he's very likely unaware that the majority of the support just don't take much notice of these types of comments after yet another disappointing result.

Pleased to hear someone agree with me on this. Washington I think is a great player and a coup for us, but we are not giving him the service he needs. The silly over the top balls are just not working.  Halketts run shows how we can open defences and Washington has been really unlucky as you say. He will get there though, but we HAVE to work on the football around the final third.

On 12/08/2019 at 13:27, afanderson33 said:

Why did you bring up the officiating? How is that relevant in the slightest?

So you didn't see the game?

afanderson33
17 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So you didn't see the game?

I note you haven't answered my questions. Why did you bring up the officiating? How is that relevant? All Alan Muir did was correctly award County a penalty.

23 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

No offence taken. You have every right to disagree 

just to clarify “shape” is part of tactics and the “shape” is worked on, in training. Shape is also formed from giving players clear instruction as to what to do, position themselves, with the ball, without the ball etc. For me, shape and giving players clear instructions combine with each other 

Reference Leveins comments post match, the players didn’t carry out “my instructions” throughout the match. What wasn’t getting through to the players ?

I said a few things in the post that is subjective and it was my own interpretation on things 

you could argue the fact that I am looking too deeply into this or you could also consider that we have an international striker, just join us only a matter of weeks ago, and whilst we are all looking for reasons into our performance levels, between him and the manager it’s simply down to not understanding shape or instructions. That’s worrying at this point in time 

Good points well made mate.

I don't think you're looking too deeply into it at all,  I think you're simply in the same boat as myself and everyone else who loves our club in that you're scratching your head and trying to find the reason why we're underperforming so badly.

I'm hoping that Joel Pereira will literally be a safe pair of hands and that we gel elsewhere on the park tout de suite.

Edited by Coolio

14 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I can't "enlighten" you on the state of moral in the dressing room but I assume it's not great due to recent results. But using the phrase "he's lost the dressing room" infers that the players have actively turned against Levein and I don't think (but clearly don't know definitively) that they have. 

Well they are either not listening or he hasn't a clue.

Which is it ?

On 12/08/2019 at 19:44, Hearts1975 said:

No offence taken. You have every right to disagree 

just to clarify “shape” is part of tactics and the “shape” is worked on, in training. Shape is also formed from giving players clear instruction as to what to do, position themselves, with the ball, without the ball etc. For me, shape and giving players clear instructions combine with each other 

Reference Leveins comments post match, the players didn’t carry out “my instructions” throughout the match. What wasn’t getting through to the players ?

I said a few things in the post that is subjective and it was my own interpretation on things 

you could argue the fact that I am looking too deeply into this or you could also consider that we have an international striker, just join us only a matter of weeks ago, and whilst we are all looking for reasons into our performance levels, between him and the manager it’s simply down to not understanding shape or instructions. That’s worrying at this point in time 

It is even more worrying when you consider that one of the coaches namely McPhee also coaches or is involved in NI and you would think he would be able to get the message over to Washington.

Fort Vallance
On 12/08/2019 at 20:11, gnasher75 said:

I like Washington's work rate and want him to be a success but predicting he could score 20 in the season before he's got one was a bit silly. I totally see that  QPR fan's comment in him. He is always unlucky! A striker needs to be lucky like McCoist or dare I say it Shankland. But maybe if we played him up front with Naismith supporting it could still work.

McCoist was only lucky that he was playing for Rangers. He'd be the first to admit that if he got 8 chances in a game he'd score a couple. Washington will be lucky to get 8 chances in 4 games.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jake said:

Well they are either not listening or he hasn't a clue.

Which is it ?

Don't know could be something else altogether. 

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely it infers they are not following his instructions and he is unable to motivate them.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Surely it infers they are not following his instructions and he is unable to motivate them.

If that's what you want it to infer bash on. 

5 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

I note you haven't answered my questions. Why did you bring up the officiating? How is that relevant? All Alan Muir did was correctly award County a penalty.

Read the post and the comment in context.

So you think the referee had no impact in the game? 

Didn't answer my question- Never saw the game then?  If you think all Muir did was correctly award a penalty, you weren't at the game.

Edited by colinmaroon

afanderson33
18 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Read the post and the comment in context.

So you think the referee had no impact in the game? 

Didn't answer my question- Never saw the game then?  If you think all Muir did was correctly award a penalty, you weren't at the game.

The referee was barely a factor. What was a factor was our ineptitude in every area of the pitch. But everything is fine. You keep telling yourself that. 

And yes I was at the game, I’m just not a happy clapper

6 hours ago, Coolio said:

Good points well made mate.

I don't think you're looking too deeply into it at all,  I think you're simply in the same boat as myself and everyone else who loves our club in that you're scratching your head and trying to find the reason why we're underperforming so badly.

I'm hoping that Joel Pereira will literally be a safe pair of hands and that we gel elsewhere on the park tout de suite.

all good mate and I share your sentiment completely 

Hopefully Joel will come in and show what he is all about. Possibly the Japanese boy to follow 

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

It is even more worrying when you consider that one of the coaches namely McPhee also coaches or is involved in NI and you would think he would be able to get the message over to Washington.

Probably something that just hit Washington square in the face. Some posters mentioned that this thing happens all the time and whilst it isn't a bad thing probably shouldn't have been released to the press. It was probably a bit of frustration on his part  

I just feel that shape is something that should be worked on all the time so when new players join a club they have to fit into the playing shape rather than them saying that the playing shape wasn't there or fulfilled when they played 

Anyway, probably like most, and you, I'm just another frustrated supporter hoping we get this sorted sooner rather than later 

With the new keeper and possibly the Man City starlet still to join hopefully these players will help us and we can move on and get some traction 

With you on the coaches side though. These guys have to take responsibility for their part on the coaching and since Levein is getting it in the neck I hope in turn, behind the scenes, the likes of Daly/Mcphee and Fox are getting the same from Levein 

1 hour ago, afanderson33 said:

The referee was barely a factor. What was a factor was our ineptitude in every area of the pitch. But everything is fine. You keep telling yourself that. 

Again, never read my post.

Never said everything was fine.  In fact I specifically state it was woeful.

You see the word referee and you have a brain fart.

And the referees giving every little thing to them, while letting them away with blatant stuff, including two non-debatable errors in their favour, for a team that was having a poor one, compounds the issue.

And the perennial happy Clapper just because I dared to raise a point that doesn't sail along with your one dimensional view of the game just about says it all.

Cant wait to see what word you'll pick out of the context to hurl further misguided missiles in this direction.

Here's a word  croffles!  What have you got to say about the letter "e" in that word?

6 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Probably something that just hit Washington square in the face. Some posters mentioned that this thing happens all the time and whilst it isn't a bad thing probably shouldn't have been released to the press. It was probably a bit of frustration on his part  

I just feel that shape is something that should be worked on all the time so when new players join a club they have to fit into the playing shape rather than them saying that the playing shape wasn't there or fulfilled when they played 

Anyway, probably like most, and you, I'm just another frustrated supporter hoping we get this sorted sooner rather than later 

With the new keeper and possibly the Man City starlet still to join hopefully these players will help us and we can move on and get some traction 

Unless we address your previous point about sorting out a playing shape, adding new players to the mix is unlikely to help in itself, unless they manage to work things out by themselves.

With you on the coaches side though. These guys have to take responsibility for their part on the coaching and since Levein is getting it in the neck I hope in turn, behind the scenes, the likes of Daly/Mcphee and Fox are getting the same from Levein 

I agree, Levein is ultimately accountable, but if the players aren't performing the way he expects, then he has to sort this out with the coaching staff.  

1 hour ago, afanderson33 said:

The referee wasn't great, a lot of frustrating decisions seemed to go against us but then I watch with maroon coloured goggles.

I agree with you though, the only major decision he had to make was the penalty to RC, which I don't think there was much debate about.  We were fortunate that they missed the penalty, along with a good few other scoring chances.  On another day, we would have lost that game by at least a couple of goals, maybe more.

I'm all for blaming a ref for a bad result when he has made some major game changing howlers, but I don't think the refereeing performance on Saturday had any real bearing on the outcome.  With the players at our disposal, we should have been more than capable of winning that game. Instead, we were fortunate to escape with a point and if RC had won, we really couldn't be pointing the finger of blame at the ref.

To look at it another way, if we had gone to Celtic, came away with a draw after missing a penalty and several other good scoring chances, while our keeper didn't have a save to make, then Neil Lennon came out and blamed the ref for Celtic dropping points, we'd be all over him.

3 hours ago, RobNox said:

2nd point, no argument there from me. Absolutely 

1st point - The defence going long and bypassing the midfield due to lack of confidence or instruction or whatever I just don't get. This certainly explains the shape falling away but is it the only reason ? If we look at the 4-4-2 on Saturday, then one of the CM's has to drop deep to take the pass from the defence and link up the full backs and midfield. There is various permutations on why the shape wasn't there. It seems such a simple concept yet we struggled completely to get to grips with it. That for me is the most frustrating piece. 

Optimistic comment re the new players joining but I am assuming for Levein and the coaches that the fundamentals would be getting addressed on the back of this game and it would be back to basics on the training field. We can only hope that we get a positive reaction come Friday, and a huge reaction from the players. Hopefully Levein and coaches are putting a real focus into getting this bit right 

The more I look at our Squad, including the recent additions, it is a top 3 side on paper, for me. Player for Player, excluding the ugly sisters, we have more quality in our ranks then any other SPL side. Fact. Time we start proving this is the case. 

afanderson33
7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Again, never read my post.

Never said everything was fine.  In fact I specifically state it was woeful.

You see the word referee and you have a brain fart.

And the referees giving every little thing to them, while letting them away with blatant stuff, including two non-debatable errors in their favour, for a team that was having a poor one, compounds the issue.

And the perennial happy Clapper just because I dared to raise a point that doesn't sail along with your one dimensional view of the game just about says it all.

Cant wait to see what word you'll pick out of the context to hurl further misguided missiles in this direction.

Here's a word  croffles!  What have you got to say about the letter "e" in that word?

The referee was irrelevant. RobNox’s post below yours is a concise summary. This began because you disagreed with my remarks about training and made a smart-arsed reply so I would invite you to go back to that post and tell me exactly which points you believe I have gotten wrong.