Jump to content
Hearts1975

Harsh words in the dressing room - Washington’s interview

Recommended Posts

afanderson33
24 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

 

So who is over seeing who is the next thought process . maybe the tinted specs will crack n some / most or all of Us will see clearly that someone has been playing Hide n Seek again.

 

The word you're looking for is "and"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The thing that gets me when I saw our team line up on Saturday I thought looks very decent indeed.

 

The way it panned out though it wasn't just the fact that we couldn't beat them it was the way in which they dominated the game and the stats were ridiculous and in all honesty we could have taken a thumping.

 

When did the likes of Ross County last come to Tynecastle and completely outplay us.

 

It was chronic and embarrassing when you look at their meagre budget to recruit players yet they were by far the better team.

 

 

 

 

Yep. That’s pretty much exactly how I felt after the final whistle on Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
12 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The thing that gets me when I saw our team line up on Saturday I thought looks very decent indeed.

 

The way it panned out though it wasn't just the fact that we couldn't beat them it was the way in which they dominated the game and the stats were ridiculous and in all honesty we could have taken a thumping.

 

When did the likes of Ross County last come to Tynecastle and completely outplay us.

 

It was chronic and embarrassing when you look at their meagre budget to recruit players yet they were by far the better team.

 

 

 

 

 

Ross county beat us on thier last visit to us I think. 

 

1-0.

😭

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haringshairband

I watched Sportscene and you can actually hear shouting from the dressing room when Kettlewell is being interviewed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Ross county beat us on thier last visit to us I think. 

 

1-0.

😭

 

 

 

 

Yeah but it was more the  manner of our performance that I was getting at.

 

The domination and better stats they had on Saturday were pretty awful on our behalf.

 

The game you quoted they did win but I would guess they probably didn't outplay us in all aspects like they did on Saturday.

 

Extremely worrying tbh :jj_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Soapy Soutar said:

You exclude the league cup games and the last 6 months of last season.

Players will always do what is best for them,you telling me all these players that we have signed or that have new contracts didnt know we been dire for months?They didnt know many fans want levein gone??Of course they did and there is no evidence in results,performances or effort to suggest they are behind him

Most sensible that was 👏👏👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yeah but it was more the  manner of our performance that I was getting at.

 

The domination and better stats they had on Saturday were pretty awful on our behalf.

 

The game you quoted they did win but I would guess they probably didn't outplay us in all aspects like they did on Saturday.

 

Extremely worrying tbh :jj_facepalm:

 

 

Yip, said before that it was worse than our defeats to, hibs, Killie and Dundee last season at home

 

 

Disjointed.... Being kind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherbet

Craig was happy. We kept a clean sheet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
5 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

Michael Smith said similar on Hearts TV, said the players didn’t give it their best efforts and didn’t communicate or play as a team. 
 

We spend far too long in training on elaborate set pieces that don’t work if you don’t have people capable of good delivery, we need to be working on patterns of play, things like counter attacks, attacking movement but all we try to do is contain and nullify. It’s Levein to a tee. We have a point when a game starts so let’s protect it. 

McPhee the over thinker,  and tinker,Cathro lives on in him, he should have been emptied with Cathro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soapy Soutar
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So why did they sign on and stay on if they hate the manager?

 

The two biggest leaders in the dressing room, Berra and Naisy, want the manager punted? :laugh2:

 

I saw plenty effort v Aberdeen. Within a week everything changes to, “lost the dressing room”. :rofl:

 

You’re talking out of your erse. Another load of hysterical made up bollocks. 

Now not once have i said any players hates the manager nor have i said players want the manager punted.

 

I said he has lost the dressingroom which i cant fathom out how you cant accept this.He had lost most of the fans faith the players are all to well aware of this.Im sure most are baffled as to why he is still in a job to be honest.

 

He may have 2/3 players in his corner but with a big squad thats not much good for him is it.

 

Whatever the reasons and im sure they will vary the team as a whole have been awful for 7/8 months..they all aware how football works and must know levein on thin ice well that performance on saturday didnt look like a team of players bursting a gut to get a win and ease the pressure on levein..in fact it looked like a team looking desperate to be put out its misery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coolio
6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/996170068?-43849:821

 

Don’t know about anyone else or if this has already been posted but I am just trying to get my head round the Crux of what was said in the dressing room and trying to understand.

 

2 clear things or takeaways from what Washington said

 

1st Point - reference the fact he said it just appeared to be wave upon wave of attack in the 2nd half and the fact that the players didn’t win any 1st/2nd balls. Now this is true and obviously got RC on the front foot but this is nothing to do with players gelling , it’s to do with the most basic rudimentary fundimentals of football, and that’s to win your own personal battles. Why is this even being discussed or debated ? This should be a fundamental priority getting this right on the training field  

 

2nd Point - Washington thought it was clear that the team and players didn’t carry out the managers instructions and which they were given including the jobs they were supposed to do 

 

i dont so much as have an issue with this if this is the case. I mean, it makes sense and seems an honest assessment but why ?.

 

If it’s because they just didn’t carry out the managers instructions on the day, then fine, I will accept that. What worries me more than anything else is that they didn’t carry out the instructions, as either A/ they were incapable or B/ they just didnt understand them or found it too difficult 

 

I don’t know, it might just be me and I could be very wrong but are we just “over complicating” things at the moment and to the point we are saturating the players heads with worry, far too much to think about and giving each player 100 things to focus on in the game rather than give them 2 or 3 clear instructions each and no more!

 

1/ Win your personal battles and win the ball

2/ Keep the ball and press forward looking for gaps in the opposition defence 

3/ if you don’t have the ball, make runs, get in behind, lose your marker etc and give your teammate an option for a good pass 

 

All this shit about being berefit of confidence and the “players” falling in and playing it safe and so they don’t make a mistake (leveins own words) 

 

please for the love of god levein, McPhee, Daly just tell the players to go out and have a real go at the opposition without strangling their minds with what they need to do to contain them. Feck, no wonder they seem shit scared at times as you are in danger of making the likes of Ross County and others, look like Real Madrid, with what everyone needs to do to contain them 

 

With the quality we have if we shackle this stupid mindset that the players have and tell them to go and do what they are good at with no restrictions, opposition instructions and no books and books worth of individual instructions to take care of, we would be far better off in my most honest humble opinion 

 

my own view and it’s a gut view is that we are inherently focussed on opposition teams and researching to death their weaknesses and how to nullify them that we have forgot to teach our players how they can become a bigger threat, and bigger than anyone that plays us 

 

I’m sorry and that may seem harsh but honestly, it’s the main thing and a real gut feeling that this is the crux of what is going wrong and unless we release the shackles from the team under the current regime it will get worse before it gets better 

 

as said, hope I am very wrong and I hate moaning for moanings sake, but this is what inevitably of our players is saying, and he has only been here a matter of weeks 

 

Serious question (with reference to the highlighted sections above) - 

 

How can you go from a quote    

 

“I don’t think we got the shape that the manager wanted right as a group of players,” said Washington

 

and turn it into all of the highlighted content above?

 

Players/teams work on shaping for a big part of training most weeks and it has been shown to make a dramatic difference when carried out effectively.

 

Washington made no reference to specific instructions and jobs he simply mentioned 'shape'.

 

Let's not make Washington's comments into something they're not.

 

We were dire but a contributory factor, amongst several others,  'could' be players not fully adhering to the 'shape' of the team and as a result we are weak in certain areas. 

 

Just my thoughts on my interpretation of the article and no offence meant re the opinion of others.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
Just now, Coolio said:

 

Serious question (with reference to the highlighted sections above) - 

 

How can you go from a quote    

 

“I don’t think we got the shape that the manager wanted right as a group of players,” said Washington

 

and turn it into all of the highlighted content above?

 

Players/teams work on shaping for a big part of training most weeks and it has been shown to make a dramatic difference when carried out effectively.

 

Washington made no reference to specific instructions and jobs he simply mentioned 'shape'.

 

Let's not make Washington's comments into something they're not.

 

We were dire but a contributory factor, amongst several others,  'could' be players not fully adhering to the 'shape' of the team and as a result we are weak in certain areas. 

 

Just my thoughts on my interpretation of the article and no offence meant re the opinion of others.

 

 

 

 

 

Not the players fault, its the coaching, the over tinkering, playing players out of position, Aidey being asked to play like an attacking left back  for 90 mins,when he has not played a game for TWO YEARS. 

 

Three years now this joke of a coaching and scouting staff have had their chances, time for a complete overhaul before we find ourselves  in a fecking bottom six dog fight. Do not fancy that as St.Mirren and even Hamilton have shown more fight than us so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry

Reminds me baby - of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coolio
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

 

Not the players fault, its the coaching, the over tinkering, playing players out of position, Aidey being asked to play like an attacking left back  for 90 mins,when he has not played a game for TWO YEARS. 

 

Three years now this joke of a coaching and scouting staff have had their chances, time for a complete overhaul before we find ourselves  in a fecking bottom six dog fight. Do not fancy that as St.Mirren and even Hamilton have shown more fight than us so far.

 

Whilst I appreciate the points you're making I'd simply like to clarify my point;

 

The quote in relation to my point was -

 

“I don’t think we got the shape that the manager wanted right as a group of players,” said Washington

 

This most definitely is the player's fault, as is stated by Washington himself.

 

The vast majority of footballing experts regularly state that 'Shaping' is an important and in the main basic aspect of football, get the basics right then.............

 

I am not for one second stating that this was the only problem, it most definitely was not, however, my point is that there is a desire/need for some people to read more into something than actually exists. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ford donald
7 minutes ago, Coolio said:

 

Whilst I appreciate the points you're making I'd simply like to clarify my point;

 

The quote in relation to my point was -

 

“I don’t think we got the shape that the manager wanted right as a group of players,” said Washington

 

This most definitely is the player's fault, as is stated by Washington himself.

 

The vast majority of footballing experts regularly state that 'Shaping' is an important and in the main basic aspect of football, get the basics right then.............

 

I am not for one second stating that this was the only problem, it most definitely was not, however, my point is that there is a desire/need for some people to read more into something than actually exists. 

 

 

 It tells me the manager, has lost his authority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disco Ball
6 hours ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Manager has lost the dressing room its as simple as that rightly so i may add

Easy to do ... the dressing room used to be in the Wheatfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, ford donald said:

 It tells me the manager, has lost his authority.

 

Most probably because that's what you want to believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambobob61
2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Very good point.

 

Its easy to blame Levein for the performances, but how much of an influence and input does he actually have in first team game preparation and tactics? It’s impossible for him to do it all given all the positions he fills. My suspicion is that McPhee and Daly might be the problem, and Levein is acting as figurehead. 

 

Whatever the problem is though, something has to change quickly.

 

Sorry mate, buck stops with him, if he is letting McPhee and Daly prepare his team it is still his responsibility and he can see the effect they are having! Not good enough on any level for a long time now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44
1 hour ago, afanderson33 said:

 

The word you're looking for is "and"

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Most probably because that's what you want to believe. 

Players  are most likely been  given CL and the bomb scare coaching staff the two fingers to their game plan, now that reeks of a GTF attitude, WHY would any player NOT carry out their managers game plan,  unless they cant cause they are  not good enough to do so. No smoke without fire and all that, things are just not right.

 

 

Edited by maroonlegions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T

What this tells us as a group of players they are looking at each other and they know fine well they are a very good group for this level and getting away with a draw at Tynecastle against Ross County is unacceptable.

 

From where I’m sat they all look to Naismith as their leader.. not Berra.. not that we were any great shakes first half but in the two halves that Naismith has played this season there’s a marked difference in performance, I think perhaps Washington has stood up here and told a few home truths. 

 

The other issue for me is this over analysing of the opposition, I can understand it with NI who go into 90% of their games as underdogs that’s not required here against a team like Ross County. Look at the two teams on Saturday... no way should Hearts be the team caring about Ross County they should be worried if they don’t do their jobs they’ll be horsed instead we sit off and give them too much respect. Would Celtic be caring about Ross County... not a chance Lennon would focus on his team and tell them to go out and play their game.

 

Perhaps it’s time to get our players believing in their ability than worrying about Ross County and the likes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What this tells us as a group of players they are looking at each other and they know fine well they are a very good group for this level and getting away with a draw at Tynecastle against Ross County is unacceptable.

 

From where I’m sat they all look to Naismith as their leader.. not Berra.. not that we were any great shakes first half but in the two halves that Naismith has played this season there’s a marked difference in performance, I think perhaps Washington has stood up here and told a few home truths. 

 

The other issue for me is this over analysing of the opposition, I can understand it with NI who go into 90% of their games as underdogs that’s not required here against a team like Ross County. Look at the two teams on Saturday... no way should Hearts be the team caring about Ross County they should be worried if they don’t do their jobs they’ll be horsed instead we sit off and give them too much respect. Would Celtic be caring about Ross County... not a chance Lennon would focus on his team and tell them to go out and play their game.

 

Perhaps it’s time to get our players believing in their ability than worrying about Ross County and the likes!

And all that shiting it  attitude from the players comes from  the defensive ,obsession of our manager. 660.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Surprised naismith didnt have something to say at half time to be honest!!!

 

He did. 

 

"Get me aff, ah've tweaked ma feckin hammy. These tactics are shite by the way !"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And all that shiting it  attitude from the players comes from  the defensive ,obsession of our manager. 660.

 

Oh I know that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonnothejambo

Tactics, game plan, shape. 

 

It's all bollox. Football is a simple game, overcomplicated by coaches.

 

Think I'll apply for the job when it comes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry

I break down and cry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles44
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

 

He did. 

 

"Get me aff, ah've tweaked ma feckin hammy. These tactics are shite by the way !"

 

Delve deeper into the way Naismith comes across as a person x 100 as a players player a mans man. He has matured into a role model and leader has gained a high level of respect. Can influence calmly is level headed a very big say in few words. Personality clashes between the two become pals again when the slavering settles. Berra is the apple in the eye of the Boss. Enter Washington. Damour is trying to step into the dispute held in check by clev. Meanwhile outside security are on about the time.

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT

We have a squad rammed with attacking threat, Washington, Walker, Naismith, Mulraney, Clare, Uche, Haring, Halkett, Souttar.. Levein needs to stop focusing on nullifying the opposition and allow the team to go out and express themselves. Theres times to do that, theres times not to bother. At home against Ross ****ing County is not a time to bother about what they can do. We've got boys that have played at the top level down South, we've got guys like Washington and Smith who are good honest pro's that will give you a performance and we've got quality youngsters. 

 

There is no excuse for these performances. Levein needs to take more responsibility for whats happening on the training pitch and pre-match because its crystal clear the players either aren't following or refusing to follow his instructions, to me it sounds like a lack of clarity, perhaps Fox and Daly aren't coaching them right and whats done Mon-Fri isn't marrying up with whats expected on Saturday.

 

Its an absolute shambles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grumpyespana

After reading all this I think the simple solution is to wait for it get rid of McPhee not Levein as Smith says there heads are getting filled with thoughts about set pieces and corners and not the simple things oops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haringshairband
18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I break down and cry.

Why are you quoting Womack & Womack? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo414
3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Given his performance in the first half, he'd have had a cheek.

Agreed. Couldn't make the game but managed to watch it online and Naismith, to me, was too busy half the time giving everyone else on the park a bollocking without ever actually trying to play his own game. Not to mention that his "own game" just wasnt good enough either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gnasher75
1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Agreed. Couldn't make the game but managed to watch it online and Naismith, to me, was too busy half the time giving everyone else on the park a bollocking without ever actually trying to play his own game. Not to mention that his "own game" just wasnt good enough either 

 

Glad it wasn't just me. He spent a lot of time in the middle of the park leaving White totally exposed. He didn't do much when he had the ball. And he did a lot of shouting at the defence every time County counter attacked. I was gutted when he went off at half time but thought Mulraney might actually improve our shape by staying on the left.

 

We seem to have a lot of good attacking players but so far no sign of them working together. For me the solution is to leave Uche out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amadjambo
1 hour ago, jambobob61 said:

 

Sorry mate, buck stops with him, if he is letting McPhee and Daly prepare his team it is still his responsibility and he can see the effect they are having! Not good enough on any level for a long time now!

I don’t disagree. I’m just speculating about what might be going on behind the scenes. Ultimately the buck does stop with Levein. But it would be good to know who does what as we might end up being managed by Fox, Daly or McPhee if Levein goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

" They don't hate you yet Conor.  Go out and tell the media it wiznae ma fault". Levein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin

I don't see the over-coaching and lack of freedom that others do. I see the complete opposite, I see a team that when we win the ball and transition there's absolutely no plan or tactics at all. It's either lump the ball long or pass to someone and stand still.

 

Over-coaching with players who don't get the tactics results in players getting the ball and immediately trying to carry instructions out but doing it in a nervous manner and at the wrong time. Look at Sarri's Chelsea, they were like rabbits in the headlights trying to implement Sarri ball but it was clear they were trying to do something but just unable to do it. I couldn't tell you what our philosophy is or how we are trying to play, there's no consistency or perceivable style of play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Longshanks
4 hours ago, Victorian said:

 

Surely you mean you were not satisfied with the level of performance?    You weren't embarrassed.     Like... pure red pus beamer.       Embarrassed sounds better though,  eh?

 

 

Emmm yes I was embarrassed that our professional football players don't know the rules of the game they are paid thousands to play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

 

Glad it wasn't just me. He spent a lot of time in the middle of the park leaving White totally exposed. He didn't do much when he had the ball. And he did a lot of shouting at the defence every time County counter attacked. I was gutted when he went off at half time but thought Mulraney might actually improve our shape by staying on the left.

 

We seem to have a lot of good attacking players but so far no sign of them working together. For me the solution is to leave Uche out.

 

Uche isn't good enough, I have a bad feeling about Washington too TBH. He's now started against the mighty defences of United, Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir and Ross county, and looked nothing like scoring IMO.

 

I must admit to checking forums for comments on him, one from a QPR fan stood out, he called him an anti striker - although he works hard and makes runs, he always seems to make the wrong one, always unlucky in 50/50s, never finds good spaces and always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

 

I always give new players the benefit of the doubt so it's pretty unusual for me to feel this way - I really really hope I'm reading him wrong.

Edited by Smithee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
31 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Agreed. Couldn't make the game but managed to watch it online and Naismith, to me, was too busy half the time giving everyone else on the park a bollocking without ever actually trying to play his own game. Not to mention that his "own game" just wasnt good enough either 

 

Don't think he was happy being left midfield. Levein stuck Djoum there a lot last season, didn't really work at all. This lopsided midfield with just a winger on the right is something Levein loves, contributing towards shite watching.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
annushorribilis III
18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

" They don't hate you yet Conor.  Go out and tell the media it wiznae ma fault". Levein.

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
10 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

 

 

Emmm yes I was embarrassed that our professional football players don't know the rules of the game they are paid thousands to play. 

 

You were undoubtedly concerned.   Annoyed.    Vexed.      You weren't embarrassed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts1975
2 hours ago, Coolio said:

 

Serious question (with reference to the highlighted sections above) - 

 

How can you go from a quote    

 

“I don’t think we got the shape that the manager wanted right as a group of players,” said Washington

 

and turn it into all of the highlighted content above?

 

Players/teams work on shaping for a big part of training most weeks and it has been shown to make a dramatic difference when carried out effectively.

 

Washington made no reference to specific instructions and jobs he simply mentioned 'shape'.

 

Let's not make Washington's comments into something they're not.

 

We were dire but a contributory factor, amongst several others,  'could' be players not fully adhering to the 'shape' of the team and as a result we are weak in certain areas. 

 

Just my thoughts on my interpretation of the article and no offence meant re the opinion of others.

 

 

 

 

No offence taken. You have every right to disagree 

 

just to clarify “shape” is part of tactics and the “shape” is worked on, in training. Shape is also formed from giving players clear instruction as to what to do, position themselves, with the ball, without the ball etc. For me, shape and giving players clear instructions combine with each other 

 

Reference Leveins comments post match, the players didn’t carry out “my instructions” throughout the match. What wasn’t getting through to the players ?

 

I said a few things in the post that is subjective and it was my own interpretation on things 

 

you could argue the fact that I am looking too deeply into this or you could also consider that we have an international striker, just join us only a matter of weeks ago, and whilst we are all looking for reasons into our performance levels, between him and the manager it’s simply down to not understanding shape or instructions. That’s worrying at this point in time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts1975
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Tactics, game plan, shape. 

 

It's all bollox. Football is a simple game, overcomplicated by coaches.

 

Think I'll apply for the job when it comes up.

Too true 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo414
20 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

 

Glad it wasn't just me. He spent a lot of time in the middle of the park leaving White totally exposed. He didn't do much when he had the ball. And he did a lot of shouting at the defence every time County counter attacked. I was gutted when he went off at half time but thought Mulraney might actually improve our shape by staying on the left.

 

We seem to have a lot of good attacking players but so far no sign of them working together. For me the solution is to leave Uche out.

Was pointed out last night on sportscene how tight the midfield 4 were in the centre which meant Smith and White had a horrendous job of being up and down their respective wings which in turn meant every counter was 3/4 against Halkett and Berra. Of course if they were given assistance on the wings by Walker and Naismith, their workload would've been a lot less demanding. No wonder White was completely done by the time he gave away that penalty.

 

As for the Uche thing, have to agree as shelling it up to him ruins any chance of us creating good play through the midfield. The problem with that solution is simply that it doesn't matter if we have Uche, Kyle Lafferty, David Vanecek, Isma or Steven MacLean up front, we have done and will continue with that tactic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo414
41 minutes ago, kila said:

 

Don't think he was happy being left midfield. Levein stuck Djoum there a lot last season, didn't really work at all. This lopsided midfield with just a winger on the right is something Levein loves, contributing towards shite watching.

 

Thats just it, the problem lies with us having more central players than we do wide men and almost a refusal to leave any of them out. Realistically Clare or Damour could've not played with Naismith through the middle and Mulraney on the left and things would've been more even. Ultimately on Saturday we got a midfield you could've covered with a bedsheet and were beaten down the wings by Ross County over and over again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I break down and cry.

 

 

I sung that in my head as I scrolled through. 

 

Good times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

 

 

Ross county beat us on thier last visit to us I think. 

 

1-0.

😭

 

 

 

 

No,  but we haven’t beaten them at Tynie since Oct 2015. Can’t remember the same volume of hand-wringing/pant-wetting after all the other games since then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gnasher75
8 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Was pointed out last night on sportscene how tight the midfield 4 were in the centre which meant Smith and White had a horrendous job of being up and down their respective wings which in turn meant every counter was 3/4 against Halkett and Berra. Of course if they were given assistance on the wings by Walker and Naismith, their workload would've been a lot less demanding. No wonder White was completely done by the time he gave away that penalty.

 

As for the Uche thing, have to agree as shelling it up to him ruins any chance of us creating good play through the midfield. The problem with that solution is simply that it doesn't matter if we have Uche, Kyle Lafferty, David Vanecek, Isma or Steven MacLean up front, we have done and will continue with that tactic

 

I couldn't bring myself to watch! But sounds like they got that spot on!

 

The reason I say that playing Uche is the issue is that we were playing beautiful football this time last year with Naismith, MacLean, Morrison, Lee, etc. That was under Levein so no idea why he can't go back to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
21 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

No offence taken. You have every right to disagree 

 

just to clarify “shape” is part of tactics and the “shape” is worked on, in training. Shape is also formed from giving players clear instruction as to what to do, position themselves, with the ball, without the ball etc. For me, shape and giving players clear instructions combine with each other 

 

Reference Leveins comments post match, the players didn’t carry out “my instructions” throughout the match. What wasn’t getting through to the players ?

 

I said a few things in the post that is subjective and it was my own interpretation on things 

 

you could argue the fact that I am looking too deeply into this or you could also consider that we have an international striker, just join us only a matter of weeks ago, and whilst we are all looking for reasons into our performance levels, between him and the manager it’s simply down to not understanding shape or instructions. That’s worrying at this point in time 

Yes it is worrying because they work constantly on shape and positioning with and without the ball in training. If anything, after watching them preparing for Pittodrie I thought they overdid the work. I can understand Washington not getting it because he has hardly trained since joining us due to niggling injuries and his head/eye wound. Add in two guys making their debuts on Saturday and Naismith still struggling for fitness and then the huge bombscares  that Berra and Bobby were on Saturday and a draw begins to look like a good result. Clearly not good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

 

I couldn't bring myself to watch! But sounds like they got that spot on!

 

The reason I say that playing Uche is the issue is that we were playing beautiful football this time last year with Naismith, MacLean, Morrison, Lee, etc. That was under Levein so no idea why he can't go back to it. 

I suspect he is about to if Naismith and Washington stay fit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gnasher75
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

 

Uche isn't good enough, I have a bad feeling about Washington too TBH. He's now started against the mighty defences of United, Cowdenbeath, Stenhousemuir and Ross county, and looked nothing like scoring IMO.

 

I must admit to checking forums for comments on him, one from a QPR fan stood out, he called him an anti striker - although he works hard and makes runs, he always seems to make the wrong one, always unlucky in 50/50s, never finds good spaces and always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

 

I always give new players the benefit of the doubt so it's pretty unusual for me to feel this way - I really really hope I'm reading him wrong.

 

I like Washington's work rate and want him to be a success but predicting he could score 20 in the season before he's got one was a bit silly. I totally see that  QPR fan's comment in him. He is always unlucky! A striker needs to be lucky like McCoist or dare I say it Shankland. But maybe if we played him up front with Naismith supporting it could still work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...