• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Aye that makes sense.  Giles played in the first derby and made a great save from Kenny Miller and Sweggy saved us a draw.  Niemis debut was the 0-3 right before millenium.

Thought Tepi got dumped because of his howler against ten men Hibs when some spangle ran on the pitch?  Saying that it couldn't have been because was at Brockville in the cup and sure that was Craigs second game for us and that was January maybe?  Too late to google or think back :lol: 

Who could forget that awful 0-3 near the end of 1999. It was freezing cold and I was up the back of the Wheatfield. We had 3 debutants that night as JJ started to splash the SMG cash that took us down the slippery slope of penury. Legend he may be but good with money he most certainly was not! Niemi was the only decent use he made of the SMG cash.  

I remember the spangle who ran onto the pitch at ER. Seemingly he was in the companion seat next to his wheelchair user mate. It was in the UK national news.

17 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Who could forget that awful 0-3 near the end of 1999. It was freezing cold and I was up the back of the Wheatfield. We had 3 debutants that night as JJ started to splash the SMG cash that took us down the slippery slope of penury. Legend he may be but good with money he most certainly was not! Niemi was the only decent use he made of the SMG cash.  

I remember the spangle who ran onto the pitch at ER. Seemingly he was in the companion seat next to his wheelchair user mate. It was in the UK national news.

Fitzroy Simpson annoyed me, he seemed like a cracking signing, but he was bloody honking.

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Fitzroy Simpson annoyed me, he seemed like a cracking signing, but he was bloody honking.

I saw his professional debut at Swindon 10 years before! He had a decent career at Swindon, Man City and Pompey prior to heading North and I too expected much more from him at Tynie. I met him a couple of times - wee and built like a whippet. He was always very reliant on pace so when he lost that his career nosedived. Walsall after Hearts then Telford then oblivion. 

9 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I only asked because both are from the same era......and Brian posts on here.

Didn't know he posted on here. He saved a penalty from Peter Marinello iirc. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Didn't know he posted on here. He saved a penalty from Peter Marinello iirc. 

Well either he or someone claiming to be him was posting a month or so back.

11 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Niemi replaced Gilles Rousset. Tepi replaced McKenzie IIRC. Roddy was in goal for 4-4 then got injured as I recall. 

Fairly sure Tepi was dropped after a 5-0 hiding at Parkhead and in came 20yo CG! 

It was basically:

Rousset August 95 - December 99 

Niemi December 99 - August 02 (sold early on in 02/03, 5-1 v Hibs being one of his last games)

McKenzie August 02 - January 03 (4-4 v Hibs was his last ever appearance) 

Moilanen January 03 - October 03 (dropped after 5-0 at Parkhead)

Gordon October 03 - May 07

McKenzie had played quite a few games before his only proper spell at number one. IIRC, he'd started to challenge Rousset for the number one spot. 

Edited by Stanley_

10 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

It was basically:

Rousset August 95 - December 99 

Niemi December 99 - August 02 (sold early on in 02/03, 5-1 v Hibs being one of his last games)

McKenzie August 02 - January 03 (4-4 v Hibs was his last ever appearance) 

Moilanen January 03 - October 03 (dropped after 5-0 at Parkhead)

Gordon October 03 - May 07

McKenzie had played quite a few games before his only proper spell at number one. IIRC, he'd started to challenge Rousset for the number one spot. 

An early Rod McKenzie appearance I was at was the Jose Quittongo game v Septic in Feb 1998. He was pretty wobbly as I remember, and got away with a lot! All's well that ends well I suppose though. Those scenes! 

Left us for Livvy when he couldn't get back in the team and played out his career there, Dunfy and QoS. Good honest hard working pro who did his best but not really good enough for Hearts. 

Dick Dastardly
On 25/11/2022 at 11:44, Led Tasso said:

Also Stendel talking about "developing him for the future." Mate we were in the relegation zone. Stop "developing" players and pick up some ****ing points!

And he was only on loan! 😂😂

SectionDJambo

Let's not forget Roddy McKenzie's part in the 4th of our goals in the Happy New Weir game. A great punt up to Mark DeVries and the rest we remember with a warm glow.

Roddy certainly wasn't a bad goalkeeeper. A quite reliable back up at the time.

Naisys Tackle
26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And he was only on loan! 😂😂

And clubs like Manchester Utd send players to clubs of our size to develop players on loan.  He was shite and should have been dropped though. 

Dick Dastardly
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

And clubs like Manchester Utd send players to clubs of our size to develop players on loan.  He was shite and should have been dropped though. 

They want the player to develop, we want someone that is decent for our level. 

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Let's not forget Roddy McKenzie's part in the 4th of our goals in the Happy New Weir game. A great punt up to Mark DeVries and the rest we remember with a warm glow.

Roddy certainly wasn't a bad goalkeeeper. A quite reliable back up at the time.

I was there. Pretty sure it was his last kick of the ball in his last appearance for Hearts and not a bad one at all 👍

postage-stamp
16 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I was there. Pretty sure it was his last kick of the ball in his last appearance for Hearts and not a bad one at all 👍

No. That was at new year. He was in goals till near the end of the season 

8 hours ago, Deid Heid said:

Under-cooked, floppy naan bread-handed hologrammatic El Gateau

Garlic Naans | Wheatfreebakery

Maybe the El Gato thing was all a big misunderstanding?? Maybe someone said he was like a Gateau and he's thought they said Gato. He was certainly more like a big soggy pudding than he was a cat...

postage-stamp
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Maybe the El Gato thing was all a big misunderstanding?? Maybe someone said he was like a Gateau and he's thought they said Gato. He was certainly more like a big soggy pudding than he was a cat...

He liked dodge ball

Naisys Tackle
45 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

They want the player to develop, we want someone that is decent for our level. 

Yeah true. 

23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Made me  laugh so hard my surgical wound hurt. :lol:

1 hour ago, postage-stamp said:

No. That was at new year. He was in goals till near the end of the season 

Was his last game for Hearts according to London Hearts. He was an unused sub a few more times. Gordon replaced him in the next game (0-4 in the cup away v Falkirk) then Moilanen took over for the next league game and played for the rest of the season.

Edited by Stanley_

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Made me  laugh so hard my surgical wound hurt. :lol:

😂

Sorry coach. Hope yer awright 👍🏻

Edited by Batistuta87

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

😂

Sorry coach. Hope yer awright 👍🏻

:thumb: Just hernia surgery, Price of being fat middle aged. 😭

postage-stamp
3 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Was his last game for Hearts according to London Hearts. He was an unused sub a few more times. Gordon replaced him in the next game (0-4 in the cup away v Falkirk) then Moilanen took over for the next league game and played for the rest of the season.

Oh ok.  Poor Roddy getting replaced by shite tepi

The worse keeper I can remember is having nearly every shot on target was a goal with him he was honking. He annoyed me more than he should have but had Stendel dropped him before he did we probably doing finish bottom and get demoted. 

postage-stamp
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

The worse keeper I can remember is having nearly every shot on target was a goal with him he was honking. He annoyed me more than he should have but had Stendel dropped him before he did we probably doing finish bottom and get demoted. 

I just can't believe what must have happened in training.   

Was it ball after ball hitting the net yet everyone thinking this is fine??

Who's the goalie coach?  David Blunkett??

queensferryjambo
10 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Not just the worst keeper surely the worst player? 

He's so bad that I can't see him getting another senior club after this.

It almost makes you wonder if something happened to him since Manchester United gave him a 4 year deal in 2017.

Shooter McGavin
12 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

It almost makes you wonder if something happened to him since Manchester United gave him a 4 year deal in 2017.

I was thinking that when he was with us 😂

Two clubs later and he’s still going

Captain Sausage
13 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He will live off the 4 years ‘at’ Man Utd and Mourinho’s comments about him. 

I reckon he’ll float around the lesser Euro top leagues for the remainder of his career. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Aye, he started to disappear from this dimension changing him from a solid human form to a holographic,  ghost like form.

Like Patrick swayze in "Ghost",he needs to learn to touch solid objects again.

He's struggling. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I was thinking that when he was with us 😂

Two clubs later and he’s still going

Think he's played maybe 4 games since he left, think he conceded 4 and 7 in his two games for Huddersfield. 6 in one of his games for RKC.

He doesn't have any goalkeeping ability, he dives out the way of shots!

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Think he's played maybe 4 games since he left, think he conceded 4 and 7 in his two games for Huddersfield. 6 in one of his games for RKC.

Yep, played 6 games since leaving us, has conceded 22 goals.

Genuinely can’t remember him making a class save, or even a save for that matter. Horrendous.

7 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I keep thinking Poor guy, he must Google himself from time to time. But then I remember that he's earned millions, played for Hearts, played for Man Utd ffs, and I think **** that guy. Bet his wife's an absolute ride tae 😠

There was a fair bit wrong with the setup that 19/20 season but I honestly think he was the only actual reason we ended up bottom when the season was stopped.

Team was pretty awful at that time, but if we had had a remotely capable keeper, we’d have survived. 

Goldstone Wonder
33 minutes ago, liam11 said:

There was a fair bit wrong with the setup that 19/20 season but I honestly think he was the only actual reason we ended up bottom when the season was stopped.

Team was pretty awful at that time, but if we had had a remotely capable keeper, we’d have survived. 

We would have been at worst lower mid-table with a halfway competent goalkeeper and probably top six with Gordon in goal.

Enjoyed the youtube video of that clown. Feel sorry for the RKC fans. 

On 28/11/2022 at 08:58, postage-stamp said:

I just can't believe what must have happened in training.   

Was it ball after ball hitting the net yet everyone thinking this is fine??

Who's the goalie coach?  David Blunkett??

Couldn't be, even his guide dog said it was ruff.

• 5 weeks later...
Shooter McGavin

Was having a thought earlier,

who is the more effective keeper, Craig Gordon with a broken leg, or a fully fit Joel Pereira?

Without even a hint of sarcasm, I reckon Gordon still edges it.

Shooter McGavin
Just now, periodictabledancer said:

For one terrible moment I thought we were resigning him because of CGs absence.  

Please accept my sincerest apologies, must have given you a terrible fright

periodictabledancer
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Please accept my sincerest apologies, must have given you a terrible fright

😂

It was a genuine "WTF" moment !!

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

who is the more effective keeper, Craig Gordon with a broken leg, or a fully fit Joel Pereira?

Gordon hands down. 

Ross Stewart hands down. 

Jack Hamilton hands down. 

I'll be pleased when he retires tbh. The guy is literally stealing a wage as a professional footballer. I cannot believe his teammates unironically gave him the nickname 'the cat'/el gato. A one armed Bobby Zlamal could reach heights that Poppadom hands could only dream of. A fraud in every sense of the word. I'm convinced Man Utd need to be investigated for some kind of money laundering related to him being there as anything other than the tea ladys assistant... and even then I'd be surprised if that slippery handed fool was allowed anywhere near the expensive china. 

On 27/11/2022 at 01:03, Robbies Tackle said:

Tepi to Gordon. 

Roddy McKenzie to Niemi? 

I’ll see you and raise you Craig Nelson to Rousset.

I’ve rarely been as disappointed in a signing as I was with Nelson. Always looked a good keeper with Thistle and I was happy when we signed him. As soon as he arrived at the club he couldn’t catch a cold. The only signing I can recall who promised more and delivered less was Dennis Wyness.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

I’ll see you and raise you Craig Nelson to Rousset.

I’ve rarely been as disappointed in a signing as I was with Nelson. Always looked a good keeper with Thistle and I was happy when we signed him. As soon as he arrived at the club he couldn’t catch a cold. The only signing I can recall who promised more and delivered less was Dennis Wyness.

He replaced Super Henry after Henry seen off Walker?  I could be wrong obvious but aye he was rubbish.  

I liked Wyness :) 

postage-stamp
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Gordon hands down. 

Ross Stewart hands down. 

Jack Hamilton hands down. 

I'll be pleased when he retires tbh. The guy is literally stealing a wage as a professional footballer. I cannot believe his teammates unironically gave him the nickname 'the cat'/el gato. A one armed Bobby Zlamal could reach heights that Poppadom hands could only dream of. A fraud in every sense of the word. I'm convinced Man Utd need to be investigated for some kind of money laundering related to him being there as anything other than the tea ladys assistant... and even then I'd be surprised if that slippery handed fool was allowed anywhere near the expensive china. 

Haha. like I said about,,,wtf was happening in training??? Could no one see he wasn't stopping anything.  Maddness

Zibby was different in that his clangers were just mistakes.  Pereira didn't have the normal ability.  

16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He replaced Super Henry after Henry seen off Walker?  I could be wrong obvious but aye he was rubbish.  

I liked Wyness :) 

3 hours ago, postage-stamp said:

Haha. like I said about,,,wtf was happening in training??? Could no one see he wasn't stopping anything.  Maddness

Zibby was different in that his clangers were just mistakes.  Pereira didn't have the normal ability.  

Literally, the only reason I can think of is that Utd had one of those clauses in the deal that we'd have to pick up more/all of his wage if he didn't play. Hopefully lesson learned and we're never so stupid to sign up for that sort of deal again. A truly, truly awful goalkeeper. 

3 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Easy question to answer. Craig Gordon with no legs.