Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

Ibrahim Tall
13 hours ago, Jeff said:

I'd watch his position for the first again if I were you

Don’t think his positioning is bad tbh, he’s covering the front post. It’s number 23(?) that’s just given up completely marking Pukki and gave him a free shot at goal. 
Usual weak wrist attempt at a save let the ball go through him but he wasn’t really in the the ‘wrong’ place to save it. He’s just an awful goalkeeper in general though, there’s zero communication with his defence.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Batistuta87
47 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Don’t think his positioning is bad tbh, he’s covering the front post. It’s number 23(?) that’s just given up completely marking Pukki and gave him a free shot at goal. 
Usual weak wrist attempt at a save let the ball go through him but he wasn’t really in the the ‘wrong’ place to save it. He’s just an awful goalkeeper in general though, there’s zero communication with his defence.

He's covering his front post yes, but is over covering it to the complete detriment of the rest of his goal. All you need to do is cut it inside to an attacker and as long as he's got an ounce of composure it's a goal. It's impossible to get from his starting position 1yd beyond his front post to one where he can comfortably cover the rest of his goal in the time it takes for a winger to snap the ball into the box. Rangers scored three of their five goals in the 5-0 game doing just that. 

Ibrahim Tall
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's covering his front post yes, but is over covering it to the complete detriment of the rest of his goal. All you need to do is cut it inside to an attacker and as long as he's got an ounce of composure it's a goal. It's impossible to get from his starting position 1yd beyond his front post to one where he can comfortably cover the rest of his goal in the time it takes for a winger to snap the ball into the box. Rangers scored three of their five goals in the 5-0 game doing just that. 

To an extent I’d agree but the holograms positioning doesn’t even come into the equation if Sarr doesn’t completely abandon Pukki, if he’d actually stuck to marking him the cutback wasn’t even on:

12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

8D05CA6B-A46C-4262-8A24-AB0ACBBE087E.jpeg

He had literally no one to even watch the run of and still lost him completely.

Diadora Van Basten
12 hours ago, JJ93 said:

If we had Gordon we would have been in the Prem this season. This guy cost us so many avoidable goals.

I think I might start the next match thread and call it “Craig Gordon and ten chancers v Alloa”

13 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Just had a look at some of his lowlights on YouTube - 3 of our games in which I remember him being particularly pish, and his only two outings for Huddersfield. Check the positioning while the other team is attacking from a wide area.... All demonstrating my point about him being past his front post... ****ing shocking 😂

4D042E20-D57F-4701-9361-749EA972243B.jpeg

C7E6DC36-47ED-4DCC-93BB-B5687870B4BE.jpeg

20F9E11F-FAE4-43DD-8303-76F9B7056656.jpeg

87BA8DBC-EDD4-4085-9FE1-78CCDA5D4467.jpeg

C9B3EF78-1050-4C21-8A02-1B1E281EE177.jpeg

536F54B9-72EA-4160-AF44-72186FB37890.jpeg

1EB4CA56-D36E-4726-9C8E-EDA9A564E9E2.jpeg

80002B39-7900-4F30-8748-33081EF61FF0.jpeg

72EC7CAF-AE4B-457B-B557-7DADAEECE9A7.jpeg

6923449D-AEF6-4D68-A630-75A1FB575A34.jpeg

8D05CA6B-A46C-4262-8A24-AB0ACBBE087E.jpeg

0B9B53F2-2C1E-4278-8C2A-CB4F67E03FC5.jpeg

0DB357C4-7FCD-48BD-9CEC-5894CEA782FA.jpeg

These strikers waiting in the middle must have been screaming for the cut back because he can't possibly (and frequently didn't - a lot of the above scenarios resulted in goals) get across fast enough to prevent an open goal situation.... 

That's actually quite eye opening - hadn't noticed that before 😅

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, AGoodLaugh said:

That's actually quite eye opening - hadn't noticed that before 😅

Neither did our goal keeping coach

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think he will do very well in time. Basically cutting his teeth but you seem to know more than Marcelo Bielsa which is quite something :)

In time ?

A guy cutting his teeth isn’t what we need right now imo. His record this season heavily suggests he’s got it all absolutely wrong.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

In time ?

A guy cutting his teeth isn’t what we need right now imo. His record this season heavily suggests he’s got it all absolutely wrong.

Not all wrong. Got to look past the numbers and get the real stories. 

Be too much like a project for us right now, think you are right to say that, some really good coaches down there though and he is one of them. 

I'm at a loss with us now, what is it we actually want. 

Some say just results will do, but my hunch is that is not enough, a season of grinding out 50 points and getting the leg back up won't be enough for too many 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not all wrong. Got to look past the numbers and get the real stories. 

Be too much like a project for us right now, think you are right to say that, some really good coaches down there though and he is one of them. 

I'm at a loss with us now, what is it we actually want. 

Some say just results will do, but my hunch is that is not enough, a season of grinding out 50 points and getting the leg back up won't be enough for too many 

We need someone to firstly bridge the gap.....give us that glimmer of hope that the recruitment is improving, the introduction of youth is somewhat a possibility....and to shows signs of giving us something we can look forward to watching each week.

Neilson has missed out on all of the above imo.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We need someone to firstly bridge the gap.....give us that glimmer of hope that the recruitment is improving, the introduction of youth is somewhat a possibility....and to shows signs of giving us something we can look forward to watching each week.

Neilson has missed out on all of the above imo.

I've got no idea who I want. Bravery I suppose, not stupid brave just someone that we can be proud of 

8 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

He's left the whole goal open though... The majority of players in Cantwells position are going to cross the ball and it leaves an empty net. Pukki never even struck it well and it beat him haha.

Boyles 2nd against us was fairly similar iirc

• 1 year later...
Shooter McGavin

Was having a look there to see if poppadom hands was still earning a wage as a footballer, he is!

Conceded 6 goals in his league debut for the Dutch top flight side RKC Waalwijk 😂

22 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Was having a look there to see if poppadom hands was still earning a wage as a footballer, he is!

Conceded 6 goals in his league debut for the Dutch top flight side RKC Waalwijk 😂

It is absolutely astonishing that clubs still keep offering a place in their teams.  Do they not watch any of his previous games.

He is utter utter garbage.

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

It is absolutely astonishing that clubs still keep offering a place in their teams.  Do they not watch any of his previous games.

Must have a great agent.

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

His record is unbelievably shit at every club he’s been at, an like you say it’s baffling that teams playing at a decent level keep taking him on.

He’s conceded 22 goals in his last 6 games ffs 😂

Captain Sausage

He’s probably the worst player I’ve seen in a Hearts top. 

The fact Stendel continued to play him, even after seeing just how poor he was, still amazes me to this day. 

The Sunday league comment is spot on. He’s the keeper you would watch in the warm up and think ‘I’m shooting from anywhere, if it’s in target it’s in.’

Niemi’s gloves
40 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

To be fair to him, that was his first game this season for RKC. He joined them last season and, believe it or not, kept a clean sheet on his debut. He did however concede three the following week and didn’t get another game for the rest of the season.

He will eventually rip his face off and reveal himself to be a Portuguese  stand up comedian who's been filming a long term documentary about faking it in football. 

It's the only plausible  explanation 

Some of the posts on the first few pages of this thread were spot on.  He will be a 'bombscare', club is going nowhere with Levein and his signing policy has been 'shambolic' etc. 🤣

been here before
11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

The fact Stendel continued to play him, even after seeing just how poor he was, still amazes me to this day. 

This remains a chilling read from our Teutonic disaster...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ex-hearts-boss-daniel-stendel-explains-why-he-kept-selecting-manchester-united-loanee-joel-pereira-3167804

"Stendel saw a lot of attributes in the custodian..."

" "He has a lot of quality.""

"He had the most potential from the goalkeepers we had. He was a little bit younger than the other guys, but he had the potential.".

WheatfieldWarrior
10 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be fair to him, that was his first game this season for RKC. He joined them last season and, believe it or not, kept a clean sheet on his debut. He did however concede three the following week and didn’t get another game for the rest of the season.

First league game of the season. 

He also played when they were knocked out of the cup 2-0 by a team 3rd division team.

(RKC Waalwijk are in the Eredivisie)

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I actually detest this prick. A conman A charlatan who cost this club millions. 

****ing wank. 

Levein?

5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Thread needs to stop being bumped. Even reading the name gives me the fear. 

Agreed, what makes matters worse is the fact when I seen him coming out the tunnel for the first time I turned to my mate and said "he has all the looks of a really good keeper, big, strong and athletic looking".

Turned out to be worse than Brian Wilson, Ray Dunlop and Craig Nelson.

Pound for pound one of the worst Hearts players I have seen.

postage-stamp

Undid all of stendel's other good work.  Team looked good but when you've got an imposter in goals then what can you do?

Edited by postage-stamp

18 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Agreed, what makes matters worse is the fact when I seen him coming out the tunnel for the first time I turned to my mate and said "he has all the looks of a really good keeper, big, strong and athletic looking".

Turned out to be worse than Brian Wilson, Ray Dunlop and Craig Nelson.

Up there with some of the stinkin' Hibs goalkeepers and that's saying something. 

20 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Turned out to be worse than Brian Wilson, Ray Dunlop and Craig Nelson .

You missed the words "put together" at the emd of the sentence.

Edited by Tommy Brown

I’d rather chuck a soaking wet sock in between the sticks than see him in goals.  An utterly horrific keeper that epitomises everything wrong with the game. Seriously better having an outfield player in goals than that charlatan. The fact he’s likely made millions is sickening. 

10 minutes ago, His name is said:

How was this guy on Man Utds books for so long??

Rumour was Jose Morinho had some connection family wise but no idea if that was true but explains it. Like letting my 3 year old niece having control of my car

postage-stamp
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

At 40 years old, seeing this lad play professional football still gives me the hope.

When can you start....said Huddersfield 

postage-stamp
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Thread needs to stop being bumped. Even reading the name gives me the fear. 

Yea. He's coming back on loan 😱😱😱

I don't think it's too much of a reach to say he's the worst keeper (maybe even the worst player) to ever play in the top league in Scotland. Definitely the worst to ever play for Hearts at the very least. It was like having to put an outfield player in goals because the keeper had been red carded :lol:. The whole team was poor that season but I'd say his continued selection is at least 75% of the reason we went down.

Every time the hologram is discussed I mention this, but only because I still laugh/shudder at it.

The Man Utd website bio had him down as "The outstanding Portuguese goalkeeper of his generation ".

Wouldn't surprise me if he was a front for some money laundering operation.

Was certainly a goal launderer. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

His positioning again is absolutely hopeless! That third goal is an absolute joke - he was about 2 steps too far to his right there. 

An absolute imposter. 

An imposter that keeps getting a game, what are managers watching before playing him, beyond me.