Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

6 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

None have been obvious errors to be fair, there’s a few **** ups he’s made that should have been more goals though. His pass to Cantwell for starters. :laugh:

Any team he’s in seems to have a horrendous defence though, that’s more than a coincidence..

I'd watch his position for the first again if I were you

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The 1st one goes through him but maybe I'm just looking for fault.

Too close from a cutback to blame him but he certainly doesn't stop very much. 

I think he's a hologram myself 

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Thing is the goals he concedes aren’t usually out and out blunders, he tends to just become completely invisible when a shot comes towards him which is actually worse

Yep. He is just a keeper who doesn't make saves. Norwich have uploaded the first two goals to twitter. You wouldn't say he was the reason for either goal, but a better goalkeeper keeps a decent proportion of those kind of chances out. First one he gets a hand to but isn't a strong enough hand to save it. Second one the striker runs in from 20 odd yards, Pereira doesn't leave his 6 yard box and so can't narrow his angles, leaving the striker to simply pass it in at the near post.

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Yeah, I was giving him the benefit with it being so close. 🙂

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I have to admit, our hero has had the best game that I have ever seen him play. Would have been eight without him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

His managerial record is horrible ffs.

Lets forget he’s Spanish and pretend he’s from Skelmersdale.....now.....would you want him ?

He was Bielsa right hand man, suspect he has been sent out for some experience 5 minutes down the road and if Bielsa has complete trust in him, I think that wins any argument for me

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

How's he still playing professional football? :lol:

not just that, making a solid 200k plus per year doing it 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Huddersfield Town.....

Manager is Carlos Corberan

GK is Joel P

My old adversary Bongo thinks one is good enough to manage Hearts and the other is a good goalie......

My case is closed.

He is playing in a team that's have been horrible for years, norwich have a manager that plays a similar style to them in Daniel farke, they have a £40 million pound player on the left that is wanted by a host of premiership clubs, on the right they have a £35 to 45 million pound player that is wanted by the top 6 in the premiership. 

Honestly do you know there right back is wanted by Barcelona 🤔 and Bayern Munich. 

And is on the verge of being called up to England first team 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

How's he still playing professional football? :lol:

Its a mystery Columbo packed it all in, in frustration. Unsolvable

12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yep. He is just a keeper who doesn't make saves. Norwich have uploaded the first two goals to twitter. You wouldn't say he was the reason for either goal, but a better goalkeeper keeps a decent proportion of those kind of chances out. First one he gets a hand to but isn't a strong enough hand to save it. Second one the striker runs in from 20 odd yards, Pereira doesn't leave his 6 yard box and so can't narrow his angles, leaving the striker to simply pass it in at the near post.

Fair comment although I have slight doubts about the first one.

5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

not just that, making a solid 200k plus per year doing it 

Some bad maths there. Reported as £20k a week all over this forum so that £1m+ a year. £200k a year is only £4K a week.  

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Some bad maths there. Reported as £20k a week all over this forum so that £1m+ a year. £200k a year is only £4K a week.  

jesus I didn’t realise it was that bad, lucky bugger really 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

£1m a year while being utter horse shit. Wow, that is what you call winning at life. Imagine the money he'd be on if he was actually a goal keeper.

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Plus he's on a Clean Sheet Bonus 😂

3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Plus he's on a Clean Sheet Bonus 😂

The only way he’d get a clean sheet is if he didn’t dream about being in goals. Because if he did he’d probably shite himself. 

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s a good coach. Huddersfield are a shambles and will be in admin soon. I don’t give two ****s where he’s from

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He was Bielsa right hand man, suspect he has been sent out for some experience 5 minutes down the road and if Bielsa has complete trust in him, I think that wins any argument for me

Results are dictating he is unable to turn around a club in turmoil. He’s signed over 20 players and managed only 11 wins in 39 matches 

You still think he’d do ok with us ?

Smoked-Glass
43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its a mystery Columbo packed it all in, in frustration. Unsolvable

In columbo we see the crime first.  The start of the episode was last season. 

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Right, here's a thought. Might sound a bit out there, but honestly, does Joel Pereira exist? Is he just an illusion?

How do the goal kicks get taken then?  Explain that one Scully. 

33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The only way he’d get a clean sheet is if he didn’t dream about being in goals. Because if he did he’d probably shite himself. 

:rofl:

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Not the first time I've noticed this but he was actually about a foot or so out past his front post as the ball was played into the box there. 

****ing disaster of a keeper. 

Bazzas right boot

He's not a real person. 

He's a holographic projection. 

Batistuta87
36 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not the first time I've noticed this but he was actually about a foot or so out past his front post as the ball was played into the box there. 

****ing disaster of a keeper. 

Just had a look at some of his lowlights on YouTube - 3 of our games in which I remember him being particularly pish, and his only two outings for Huddersfield. Check the positioning while the other team is attacking from a wide area.... All demonstrating my point about him being past his front post... ****ing shocking 😂

4D042E20-D57F-4701-9361-749EA972243B.jpeg

C7E6DC36-47ED-4DCC-93BB-B5687870B4BE.jpeg

20F9E11F-FAE4-43DD-8303-76F9B7056656.jpeg

87BA8DBC-EDD4-4085-9FE1-78CCDA5D4467.jpeg

C9B3EF78-1050-4C21-8A02-1B1E281EE177.jpeg

536F54B9-72EA-4160-AF44-72186FB37890.jpeg

1EB4CA56-D36E-4726-9C8E-EDA9A564E9E2.jpeg

80002B39-7900-4F30-8748-33081EF61FF0.jpeg

72EC7CAF-AE4B-457B-B557-7DADAEECE9A7.jpeg

6923449D-AEF6-4D68-A630-75A1FB575A34.jpeg

8D05CA6B-A46C-4262-8A24-AB0ACBBE087E.jpeg

0B9B53F2-2C1E-4278-8C2A-CB4F67E03FC5.jpeg

0DB357C4-7FCD-48BD-9CEC-5894CEA782FA.jpeg

These strikers waiting in the middle must have been screaming for the cut back because he can't possibly (and frequently didn't - a lot of the above scenarios resulted in goals) get across fast enough to prevent an open goal situation.... 

Edited by Batistuta87

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

🤣

I e seen some horrific keepers play for Hearts over 60 years - Brian Wilson being a real standout for being hopeless , but Pereira beats the lot. Totally talentless. Not one saving grace.

8 hours ago, JJ93 said:

If we had Gordon we would have been in the Prem this season. This guy cost us so many avoidable goals.

Would that have made stendel a success?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Results are dictating he is unable to turn around a club in turmoil. He’s signed over 20 players and managed only 11 wins in 39 matches 

You still think he’d do ok with us ?

I think he will do very well in time. Basically cutting his teeth but you seem to know more than Marcelo Bielsa which is quite something :)

9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Just had a look at some of his lowlights on YouTube - 3 of our games in which I remember him being particularly pish, and his only two outings for Huddersfield. Check the positioning while the other team is attacking from a wide area.... All demonstrating my point about him being past his front post... ****ing shocking 😂

These strikers waiting in the middle must have been screaming for the cut back because he can't possibly (and frequently didn't - a lot of the above scenarios resulted in goals) get across fast enough to prevent an open goal situation.... 

I find it amazing that someone has this level of energy to post this about a 💩 player who has been away from our club for months.

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I find it amazing that someone has this level of energy to post this about a 💩 player who has been away from our club for months.

Maybe been away for months but certainly left his mark.

ShortmanRossco

No time for Pereria obviously but a bit harsh that this thread has bumped for him on account of last night. Apart from looking a bit ropey at the first none of the goals were genuinely his fault. 

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

I e seen some horrific keepers play for Hearts over 60 years - Brian Wilson being a real standout for being hopeless , but Pereira beats the lot. Totally talentless. Not one saving grace.

Could I throw Ray Dunlop alongside Wilson and back you on Pereira.

jack D and coke

Always think back to his positioning when Martin Boyle scored at tynecastle. When you see it from behind the goal it’s absolutely woeful the guy has zero awareness of where to be and to make matters worse has wrists made of lettuce. That’s if he even gets his limp wrists to the ball it almost goes straight through him a lot of the time. 
Also reminded of a goal at Hamilton where I’ve never seen a weirder attempted saving of a shot and then the second straight through his limp wrists. 
Genuinely, genuinely flabbergasted he gets to play in goals in the professional game and earns the money he does. Someone somewhere is at it. 

Batistuta87
25 minutes ago, Hesh said:

He's the reason we are where we are. I won't forget about him for a very long time. 

Prince Buaben

Boys humpty as a keeper but cause he is at Man Utd he will still come with a 7 figure fee when he comes to leave. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Always think back to his positioning when Martin Boyle scored at tynecastle. When you see it from behind the goal it’s absolutely woeful the guy has zero awareness of where to be and to make matters worse has wrists made of lettuce. That’s if he even gets his limp wrists to the ball it almost goes straight through him a lot of the time. 
Also reminded of a goal at Hamilton where I’ve never seen a weirder attempted saving of a shot and then the second straight through his limp wrists. 
Genuinely, genuinely flabbergasted he gets to play in goals in the professional game and earns the money he does. Someone somewhere is at it. 

The one against Rangers when he fumbled a very tame header into the net too. 

Strikers were loving it. They were shooting on sight and rightly so, because he was so easy to beat. 

Jack Hamilton was a better goalkeeper.

How this laddie is drawing a professional living from the game is a genuine mystery. 

Shockingly bad goalkeeper. Would genuinely see more point to putting a sub in goal instead.

17 minutes ago, ctc said:

Could I throw Ray Dunlop alongside Wilson and back you on Pereira.

Yep he was awful. Add in Craig Nelson and another one from the 70s who played a few first team games for us David Graham.

10 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Much better sweeper than keeper!

This boy takes covering his front post to the extreme.... It's actually scary when you see his positioning like this. 😵

Saint Jambo
39 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

No time for Pereria obviously but a bit harsh that this thread has bumped for him on account of last night. Apart from looking a bit ropey at the first none of the goals were genuinely his fault. 

There was lots of discussion of Pereira on the Stendel thread last week. This thread was bumped on Friday as part of one poster's dogged defence of everything to do with Stendel including claiming that Pereira is actually a good keeper with lots of potential. In that context, hardly surprising that when he plays and concedes 7 goals a couple of days later that some people return to the thread to point out that he is absolute garbage.