• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

1 hour ago, EH11 said:

I recall a friend saying, if you get a big club on your CV, you could be rank rotten, but you're pretty much made for your career.  Puts me in mind of the hologram, I genuinely believe the guy is non-league standard.  He looks the part until you ask him to make a save.

On a positive note, how lucky are we to have Craig G.

Once you get to a high level you get a few clubs and contracts on your way back down to where you should be. 

Have a look at Connor Sammon's wiki. Got a prem move off the back of half a season where he had Eremenko behind him. Following that; a £3m transfer, a few championship clubs, 3 year contract from us, a few loans and now in Scottish League One and hardly setting it alight. 

Fair play to him and Joel, probably both millionaires off the back of very little to no ability. Just wish they hadn't played for us 🙈

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

And he was signed on loan by a manager who is an ex goalkeeper!  Incredible after his stint with us.

Probably reacted like Levein (and let's be honest most Hearts fans) ie Man U offering you a keeper is like getting a phone cal from Santa Claus.

No need to actually watch him play just sign him on reputation alone.

You'd think we'd have learned from the Paul McCallum experience -all that glistens isn't gold.

Maroon Sailor

Huddersfield manager got it right by not playing him in the next match at Wycombe.

Ryan Schofield got the gloves and kept a clean sheet- broken thumb or no broken thumb !

Not sure if Pereira has a level as a goalkeeper

29 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Probably reacted like Levein (and let's be honest most Hearts fans) ie Man U offering you a keeper is like getting a phone cal from Santa Claus.

No need to actually watch him play just sign him on reputation alone.

You'd think we'd have learned from the Paul McCallum experience -all that glistens isn't gold.

That just about sums it up.  Santa Claus is not real.

1 minute ago, livi said:

In goal for Huddersfield tonight and just lost one 🤔

Ball went through a hole in his hand.

2 minutes ago, livi said:

In goal for Huddersfield tonight and just lost one 🤔

He’s just lacking in confidence........

Malinga the Swinga

Joel did manage to get a hand to Pukki's flick, but not surprisingly, his wrist wasn't strong enough and it still went in. 

Huddersfield would be better playing traffic cone in goals. 

upgotheheads
10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He’s just lacking in confidence........

Aye, he'll come good, mark my words.

Malinga the Swinga

Beaten at near post for 2nd. If he'd stayed upright, might have hit him, but he went to his right while ball went straight. 

Memories of Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and others flooding back. 

Poor Huddersfield. Imagine having to play that **** against the league leaders. :lol:

Can't believe that **** is on £20k a week. I despair at what percentage of that wage we were covering for his time here.

Malinga the Swinga

Three now and that was a Joel special. 20 yards out and he was nowhere near. To be fair, he stopped one that was offside, but otherwise, 3 shots = 3 goals. 

Right, here's a thought. Might sound a bit out there, but honestly, does Joel Pereira exist? Is he just an illusion?

WoolfordsHearts

When you tally up the dross we've signed in the last 5 years,it makes you wonder how many guffy c**** these big English clubs are signing up,that their supporters have never even heard of.

I doubt many Man utd fans are even aware this 10k a week handless goalkeepers on their books.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Our hero just took the ball well at the feet of a forward but put his hands to his head - as if injured - and dropped it (his head not the ball).

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, WoolfordsHearts said:

When you tally up the dross we've signed in the last 5 years,it makes you wonder how many guffy c**** these big English clubs are signing up,that their supporters have never even heard of.

I doubt many Man utd fans are even aware this 10k a week handless goalkeepers on their books.

The amusing thing about him is that if you take away his passing, he’s not good at a single aspect of goalkeeping. And his shot stopping is what you’d expect of a five year old. If I was him I’d be embarrassed to be a pro keeper.

adambraejambo

Lol he is on his knees almost as he puts his hands up to stop a high shot. He over 6ft but he about 5ft7 when anyone shoots 

WoolfordsHearts
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The amusing thing about him is that if you take away his passing, he’s not good at a single aspect of goalkeeping. And his shot stopping is what you’d expect of a five year old. If I was him I’d be embarrassed to be a pro keeper.

Totally agree, his eyes,brain and hands are disconnected from each other.

He's probably going home to a penthouse in Manchester after tonights game to cuddle up with Miss Portugal 2018 so I'm sure he gives a flying **** what we think.

Huddersfield Town.....

Manager is Carlos Corberan

GK is Joel P

My old adversary Bongo thinks one is good enough to manage Hearts and the other is a good goalie......

My case is closed.

WoolfordsHearts
Just now, Midloth_Iain said:

He is actually a better 'ball playing' centre half than he is a goalie .... 🤪

An upgrade on Berra ye say...

🤔

Just now, kila said:

FIVE 🤣

Conditions look horrendous now

The fecking ref better not call it off 🤣

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Huddersfield Town.....

GK is Joel P

My old adversary Bongo thinks one is good enough to manage Hearts and the other is a good goalie......

My case is closed.

He wasn't the only one.

Actually feel sorry for both Corberan and Perreira: they're totally outclassed

Five now

Edited by JamboAl

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Huddersfield Town.....

GK is Joel P

My case is closed.

Was the argument not that the coaching was the issue and not his ability at Hearts? 🤔 🤣

Still, he's getting paid 20k a week so he's fumbling,  sorry laughing all the way to the bank.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Huddersfield Town.....

GK is Joel P

My case is closed.

I’d have Corberan actually.

Pereira can **** right out tho