• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

Diadora Van Basten

That’s a crazy amount of money. I am surprised it’s only Green and Ahmed and not Craig Whyte as Police Scotland were also wrong in their treatment of him.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

That’s a crazy amount of money. I am surprised it’s only Green and Ahmed and not Craig Whyte as Police Scotland were also wrong in their treatment of him.

There was at least a viable case against Whyte.

Of the seven originally arrested, criminal charges were dropped for six of them.  Clark and Whitehouse have received damages, Green and Ahmad will do so, Grier is waiting on a decision from Lord Tyre on the validity his claim, while Withey has died in the meantime.

Diadora Van Basten
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There was at least a viable case against Whyte.

Of the seven originally arrested, criminal charges were dropped for six of them.  Clark and Whitehouse have received damages, Green and Ahmad will do so, Grier is waiting on a decision from Lord Tyre on the validity his claim, while Withey has died in the meantime.

I read in his autobiography that Police Scotland were chasing him round the world and arrested him off the plane as if he was Nick Leeson. 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Crown Office and Police Scotland have a lot to answer for.

Considering how the cases have went and the suggestion that it was a stitch up/get them at any cost scenario - the officers involved should be prosecuted for this.

The cost to the public to meet their desire for revenge has been significant. 

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Considering how the cases have went and the suggestion that it was a stitch up/get them at any cost scenario - the officers involved should be prosecuted for this.

I believe that Whitehouse, in particular, may be considering pursuing such a path.

Edited by Footballfirst

56 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Serious questions too about the part the Procurator Fiscal and the Crown Office played in this whole fiasco.  An absolute farce that the public purse is having to pay compensation for this.  Anywhere else a significant number of heads would have rolled over this.  It here though  - if you listen very carefully you can hear the carpet being pulled up and the softest of sweeping brushes being used.  Little short of scandal.

Footballfirst
38 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Serious questions too about the part the Procurator Fiscal and the Crown Office played in this whole fiasco.  An absolute farce that the public purse is having to pay compensation for this.  Anywhere else a significant number of heads would have rolled over this.  It here though  - if you listen very carefully you can hear the carpet being pulled up and the softest of sweeping brushes being used.  Little short of scandal.

Quite the reverse has happened.  The Lord Advocate of the day is now a Judge. The lead investigating police officer has been promoted as has their deputy.  All three were called to give evidence in the proof hearing in the David Grier case, which is awaiting a decision.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Quite the reverse has happened.  The Lord Advocate of the day is now a Judge. The lead investigating police officer has been promoted as has their deputy.  All three were called to give evidence in the proof hearing in the David Grier case, which is awaiting a decision.

Yes, and quite shocking. A botched case that is going to cost the taxpayers a fortune and the people at the very heart of the decisions to prosecute are promoted. Truly, it could only happen here. 

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yes, and quite shocking. A botched case that is going to cost the taxpayers a fortune and the people at the very heart of the decisions to prosecute are promoted. Truly, it could only happen here. 

As in most workplaces the worse and more incompetent you are they promote you. The folk who are very good at their job are just left to do ALL the work and stagnate because they are invaluable. It’s a sick old world 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Hagar the Horrible

When you look back on all of this all I see is trying to find a way of picking up a jobby by the clean end.  Even when the wee tax case came to light that Rangers Oldco were not paying their tax bill, it was being spun as payment may be Deferred without penalty if its disputed.  Then the big tax bill came to light,  SDM got out without being bankrupt and even made £1.  Whyte sold off all the family silver including the Arsenal shares, and got Ticketus to foot the bill.  The admin process was designed NOT to get a CVA thus Hector got naff all of the £100m owed.  Whyte put in his own administrators and managed to convince the courts this was a good thing.  Sevco 5088 owned by wavetower (Whyte) and Green were able to buy the assets for £5.5m, no other bids were entertained.  Whyte was duped by a new company not owned by wavetower "Sevco Scotland", and Charles became the new owner after playing a three card monte on Whyte. He Ahmad, Stockbridge, Malcolm Murray, bought the carcass of Rangers under Sevco Scotland, somehow managed to scrape more meat of the bones and make money.  Mad Mike put in Llambias and made £loads of the shirt sales by a great deal put in place by Charles. The Driscol Twins (easedales) came in for a bit

So in the great scheme of things, every shady character had made loadsamoney out of this club, the Taxpayer, Ticketus, the fat big hoose must stay open guy, the pensioner and the face painter have all been shafted at the drive throughout, either by payments, assets or legal battles this lot have all made money:

Super Ally, the EBT crew, SDM, Whyte, Green, Earley, Wallace, Stockbridge, Somers, G park, D park, P Murray, M Murray, Mather, LLambias, Ashley, Leach, Gilligan, King, 2 x Easdales, Chrigton, Ahmad, Nash, Letham, Not including those who still are directors of Sevco Scotland, D&P, Clark Whitehouse,  There is a list as long as my arm, so far the only people acting badly are COPFS, and the Police

Who owns the catering equipment?  The badge, the PA, the screens, the wee hoose and the car park, Club 18-30 keep buying shares that end up diluted.  Still One in a Row!

£100m of tax unpaid, £100m of legal settlements paid out…£200m loss to Hector there or there abouts

Is any of this right?  And is any of this RIGHT?

Edited by Hagar the Horrible
missing txt

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

As in most workplaces the worse and more incompetent you are they promote you. The folk who are very good at their job are just left to do ALL the work and stagnate because they are invaluable. It’s a sick old world 

You just described Scotrail to a T.

Glamorgan Jambo

The source for the £70 million figure in damages to Green and Ahmad is the same one who came up with the Dallas Cowboys stuff. Will be much more difficult for these two to prove they suffered from loss of earnings because of their arrests which is what drove the high settlement fee in the case of the D&P administrators.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Aye, when I worked in Cameron Ironworks in Livi a position for a welding line foreman came up, 2 guys went for it. One was a lack lazy useless *******, the other was a guy who worked like hell and did his job well. Mr Useless got the gig because he did nowt anyway so they might as well make him foreman because he did nowt and the other guy would work.

Footballfirst

Today's news:

The latest RIFC share issue (4th June) of 350,000 shares was taken up be Club 1872 (at a cost of £70k). That is in addition to the 2,150,000 taken up on 8th April (£430k).

The Rangers Football Club Limited has intimated to Companies House that the securities held by the Scottish Sports Council over the training centre have been satisfied in full. I can only assume that the original securities granted to RFC plc in 2001 had a shelf life of 20 years, which has now expired. 

• 1 month later...
Glamorgan Jambo

Seems all is not well at Club 1872. From the Bear Pit. Ructions around the issue of the relationship between C1872 and King mainly. It is alleged that King paid someone to be a 'shadow director' of C1872 for a few years. And of course C1872 miraculously is now the vehicle for King to get paid for his shares. Interesting.

This is the information a lot of posters have asked for, make up your own mind
First of all, let me make this quite clear, this not a threat to any individual or group of people, directly or implied.
This is all about getting a Board of Directors removed in a legal sense and a new Board appointed for Club 1872
to let the CIC expand and grow.
This is not something I wanted to make public but I feel my integrity has been called into question.
I have learned things over the last few weeks that have both appalled and saddened me in equal measures.
As a Rangers fan all my life, along with everyone else I have always wanted the best for our Club and our supporters.
But things I have heard have destroyed by rose-tinted view of some of my fellow fans and I cannot and will not sit silently by while these people put personal interest above the needs of Members of Club1872 and indeed the lack of support shown to our overall fanbase in the face of mounting criticism from outside sources in the kast few months.
I have been interviewed by Police Scotland on a scurrilous complaint of a criminal accusation by posts on FF.
I find this distressing to my family and I will not accept this. Needless to say, there were no criminal charges brought against me. I'm sure they will have another go at me. I will not be deterred from doing the right thing.
Amongst some facts that have come to light are the following.

Chris Graham or his nominee was paid circa £300K by the Club when Dave King was Chairman as a consultant. His job was to basically control Club1872 and make it grow, which retrospectively, looks like it was to get enough money to buy Dave's shares.
Chris was acting like a shadow Director of Club1872, sat in on meetings and there were no declarations to the Members.
It is also believed he may have got a company car, although I haven't got that verified.

One of the most damaging revelations, IMO , is that Club1872 has a Paypal account that, allegedly and I Say allegedly
that Chris, even though he is not officially contacted to Club 1872 is in control of this.
I have it confirmed that some Directors never even knew this Paypal account existed and it was never brought up in their meetings.

Club1872 and Rangers had a meeting or exchanged where certain commercial sensitive details were discussed,
Club1872 decided that they didn't believe Stewart Robertson and emailed Castore to confirm this. Rangers were understandably angry with this breach of confidentiality and responded with a sharp and to the point email to Club1872 and I'm told Club1872 and Laura in particular didn't like the tone of the email and said unless Stewart withdrew it Club1872 would not engage with the Club. Rangers responded by saying they refused to discuss anything with the Directors of Club1872 unless they signed an NDA, up until the middle of last week, they have refused Rangers offer tsign the NDA.
The fact that Directors have resigned and members not informed immediately and only find out when posted on Companies house shows, IMO, an arrogance that is beyond belief.
No AGM for 4 years and rules changed so that 3 DIrectors hold the ultimate power.
These are some of the facts I know, it is entirely up to the individual what you think of them

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Seems all is not well at Club 1872. From the Bear Pit. Ructions around the issue of the relationship between C1872 and King mainly. It is alleged that King paid someone to be a 'shadow director' of C1872 for a few years. And of course C1872 miraculously is now the vehicle for King to get paid for his shares. Interesting.

This is the information a lot of posters have asked for, make up your own mind
First of all, let me make this quite clear, this not a threat to any individual or group of people, directly or implied.
This is all about getting a Board of Directors removed in a legal sense and a new Board appointed for Club 1872
to let the CIC expand and grow.
This is not something I wanted to make public but I feel my integrity has been called into question.
I have learned things over the last few weeks that have both appalled and saddened me in equal measures.
As a Rangers fan all my life, along with everyone else I have always wanted the best for our Club and our supporters.
But things I have heard have destroyed by rose-tinted view of some of my fellow fans and I cannot and will not sit silently by while these people put personal interest above the needs of Members of Club1872 and indeed the lack of support shown to our overall fanbase in the face of mounting criticism from outside sources in the kast few months.
I have been interviewed by Police Scotland on a scurrilous complaint of a criminal accusation by posts on FF.
I find this distressing to my family and I will not accept this. Needless to say, there were no criminal charges brought against me. I'm sure they will have another go at me. I will not be deterred from doing the right thing.
Amongst some facts that have come to light are the following.

Chris Graham or his nominee was paid circa £300K by the Club when Dave King was Chairman as a consultant. His job was to basically control Club1872 and make it grow, which retrospectively, looks like it was to get enough money to buy Dave's shares.
Chris was acting like a shadow Director of Club1872, sat in on meetings and there were no declarations to the Members.
It is also believed he may have got a company car, although I haven't got that verified.

One of the most damaging revelations, IMO , is that Club1872 has a Paypal account that, allegedly and I Say allegedly
that Chris, even though he is not officially contacted to Club 1872 is in control of this.
I have it confirmed that some Directors never even knew this Paypal account existed and it was never brought up in their meetings.

Club1872 and Rangers had a meeting or exchanged where certain commercial sensitive details were discussed,
Club1872 decided that they didn't believe Stewart Robertson and emailed Castore to confirm this. Rangers were understandably angry with this breach of confidentiality and responded with a sharp and to the point email to Club1872 and I'm told Club1872 and Laura in particular didn't like the tone of the email and said unless Stewart withdrew it Club1872 would not engage with the Club. Rangers responded by saying they refused to discuss anything with the Directors of Club1872 unless they signed an NDA, up until the middle of last week, they have refused Rangers offer tsign the NDA.
The fact that Directors have resigned and members not informed immediately and only find out when posted on Companies house shows, IMO, an arrogance that is beyond belief.
No AGM for 4 years and rules changed so that 3 DIrectors hold the ultimate power.
These are some of the facts I know, it is entirely up to the individual what you think of them

Interesting stuff. I was aware of some directorship changes but unaware of why or anything untoward.

However, openness and transparency are key for all fans organisations.  Any suggestion of impropriety will backfire big time.

15 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Even if only half of this is true, it wouldn't come as a surprise. 

From what i've read before about this person it wouldn't come as a surprise if he did this for his own ego.

Footballfirst
57 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Even if only half of this is true, it wouldn't come as a surprise. 

From what i've read before about this person it wouldn't come as a surprise if he did this for his own ego.

The person who wrote the OP on Follow Follow containing the allegations, Robert Marshall, runs the Louden Tavern on Copland Road.  His son Greg Marshall is employed by the club as Rangers Supporters Liaison Officer.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The person who wrote the OP on Follow Follow containing the allegations, Robert Marshall, runs the Louden Tavern on Copland Road.  His son Greg Marshall is employed by the club as Rangers Supporters Liaison Officer.

Louden Tavern, he will be busy today then.

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was more meaning Chris Graham would have done it for his ego.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

I was more meaning Chris Graham would have done it for his ego.

I was just trying to show a link back to the club from the person making the allegations.

Chris Graham is a mystery man to most Rangers supporters.  No-one apparently knew him before the club folded and he had no prior connection of any Rangers supporters club or fans group.

I remember him being wheeled out on TV when the club went into administration pleading for them to be saved from liquidation which would be the end for the club.

125630868_2012-02-14ChrisGrahamTweet.png.2ec78e40c61bd0efb787530592de0317.png

He does seem to have links with Dave King though.  That came out in court when Dave King was taken to court by the Takeover Panel.  King had exchanged emails with Graham when King acquired shares as part of the "concert party". 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Chris Graham is a mystery man to most Rangers supporters.  No-one apparently knew him before the club folded and he had no prior connection of any Rangers supporters club or fans group.

I thought he was part of the Rangers Supporters Trust before liquidation ?

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

@Footballfirst- have you heard anything on their share offer that closed on the 17th July ?

I'm afraid not. All I seen are a few posts on other forums suggesting that they are some way off their target.  The recent infighting with Club 1872 won't help either.

I suspect that the first we will hear about it will come from documents submitted to Companies House, confirming how many new shares have been issued. 

Just now, Footballfirst said:

I'm afraid not. All I seen are a few posts on other forums suggesting that they are some way off their target.  The recent infighting with Club 1872 won't help either.

I suspect that the first we will hear about it will come from documents submitted to Companies House, confirming how many new shares have been issued. 

Having spoken to various blue noses - the £500 min option put them off after shelling out for a season ticket, mygers membership and new kits for kids in a short space of time. 

There was a feeling that they had backed the club substantially.

I did note there was a collective group who were facilitating small share purchases and to be fair that should have been how they approached it in the first place. They might have got more people on board.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 12/07/2021 at 03:27, Footballfirst said:

I was just trying to show a link back to the club from the person making the allegations.

I remember him being wheeled out on TV when the club went into administration pleading for them to be saved from liquidation which would be the end for the club.

125630868_2012-02-14ChrisGrahamTweet.png.2ec78e40c61bd0efb787530592de0317.png

He does seem to have links with Dave King though.  That came out in court when Dave King was taken to court by the Takeover Panel.  King had exchanged emails with Graham when King acquired shares as part of the "concert party". 

This is from someone connected to Rangers? Well that settles it because they did get liquidated.

132goals1958

Today’s Times takes them to task over their proposal that the media pay £25000 for the privilege of reporting team news. Also one reporter and one photographer can attend matches and pre match conferences and buy one exclusive for£10000. So much for the freedom of the press who hopefully will give them short shift. Maybe a stupid question but surely the SPFL should be all over this. 

9 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Today’s Times takes them to task over their proposal that the media pay £25000 for the privilege of reporting team news. Also one reporter and one photographer can attend matches and pre match conferences and buy one exclusive for£10000. So much for the freedom of the press who hopefully will give them short shift. Maybe a stupid question but surely the SPFL should be all over this. 

The SPFL would be all over it if it was us making those ridiculous proposals. 

SomethingAboutObua

Should encourage them doing this and Celtic too, might give more coverage to the 38 other teams in the SPFL for once

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

The SPFL would be all over it if it was us making those ridiculous proposals. 

The article highlights that SPFL rules state clubs should provide media access. They really are an arrogant institution without a shred of humility 

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

The article highlights that SPFL rules state clubs should provide media access. They really are an arrogant institution without a shred of humility 

I find their statement quite amusing. Apart from having a huge chip on their shoulder, we all know that they fell out with certain media parties because they dared to spill the beans on what was going on up the marble staircase but I also find it really desperate that they dare to charge the media for access to their tinpot organisation. Money is obviously very tight down Edminston Drive. 

37 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

I find their statement quite amusing. Apart from having a huge chip on their shoulder, we all know that they fell out with certain media parties because they dared to spill the beans on what was going on up the marble staircase but I also find it really desperate that they dare to charge the media for access to their tinpot organisation. Money is obviously very tight down Edminston Drive. 

Not convinced that a lack of money is behind this. 

It's (IMO) a clear move to control the media and all about PR.

Effectively they are saying "Give us £25k and write some nice stories. As soon as you step out of line we'll ban you and pocket your £25k so don't try and embarrass us if you want to keep your access."

With a reduced press core at Ibrox they are hoping that fans use their own media services and take on subscriptions to Rangers TV (so a 21st Century version of their old Rangers News magazine). 

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Heard only 1 paper had agreed to pay up. 

My guess would be The Evening Times. Without Rangers to write about there is no job for Chris Jack and no one else is likely to employ him.

12 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Not convinced that a lack of money is behind this. 

It's (IMO) a clear move to control the media and all about PR.

Effectively they are saying "Give us £25k and write some nice stories. As soon as you step out of line we'll ban you and pocket your £25k so don't try and embarrass us if you want to keep your access."

With a reduced press core at Ibrox they are hoping that fans use their own media services and take on subscriptions to Rangers TV (so a 21st Century version of their old Rangers News magazine). 

A bit like the old Soviet state run Pravda 

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

HAHHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus christ, who came up with that one?? :D 

I suppose when no one says no to you, there are no boundaries so you can think you can demand the ridiculous and it will happen. 

Endemic of the arrogance of the OF to make such an absolutely ridiculous proposal. 

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Surely with modern phones a hack could just buy a ticket and report from his seat? 

12 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Are they not died yet… I thought we were told last year they wouldn’t last till Christmas.

You only die once

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

Looks like Sevco has paid off their debts to Close Leasing, as the securities held have been logged with Companies House as "satisfied in full"

132goals1958
19 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Looks like Sevco has paid off their debts to Close Leasing, as the securities held have been logged with Companies House as "satisfied in full"

Maybe helped to extinguish it from the covid loan

Footballfirst

I see that Charles Green's case against Police Scotland is being heard in the Court of Session from Tuesday. Eight days have been allocated for the hearing. 

I'm hoping that more information may be gleaned about how the 5 Way agreement evolved and the Sevco 5088/Sevco Scotland switcheroo in which Green shafted Whyte.

Perth to Paisley
23 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I see that Charles Green's case against Police Scotland is being heard in the Court of Session from Tuesday. Eight days have been allocated for the hearing. 

I'm hoping that more information may be gleaned about how the 5 Way agreement evolved and the Sevco 5088/Sevco Scotland switcheroo in which Green shafted Whyte.

Is this part of the Fringe?

On 06/08/2021 at 14:39, Footballfirst said:

We, the public, ultimately pay the price for that lot going out of business. Not even one scapegoat gets time.

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought