Andrew Driver

Das Root

Currently out with a groin strain, may miss the w/e game with Aberdeen.

Anybody think this may be a Murphy type situation and he'll be off before end of month?

Surely then Screpis coming over would be beneficial?

Frail admitted that Andrew Driver is also a doubt for the weekend, having missed the Cup defeat to Motherwell at Fir Park with a groin strain.

The winger will be assessed today and tomorrow before a decision is taken over whether he will make the trip to Pittodrie.

"Andrew is still sore," added Frail, "so we will have to see how he is over the next days or so."

Anybody think this may be a Murphy type situation and he'll be off before end of month?

I like Driver and he has had some good games this season, but he has shown nowhere near the consistency required to earn a move at this stage of his career. IMHO, he has a groin strain.

His form has dipped. But he has been a bright spot for us this year.

But as to injuries etc - who knows. We have been lied to repeatedly.

His form has dipped. But he has been a bright spot for us this year.

But as to injuries etc - who knows. We have been lied to repeatedly.

his form has dipped yes but he's the only player in our squad with real pace.....he must NOT go :(

There's been little or no reported interest for Andy recently IIRC. I remember hearing a story about Celtic being interested, but with the 'Worlds Greatest Winger' already there, I doubt he'd be willing to drop playing regular first team football to play 2nd fiddle to him.

think we are definatly missing him at the moment. he is injured, but think he will make it (usuall tripe from management so he makes a miricale recovery for the sheep game).

IMO his form has dipped because he has been highlighted by every team as our only threat - they are just sticking a player on him. Driver plays really well and we win (most of the time).

FTH

I would definetely leave him out on Saturday whatever. There is no point risking him for what is a nothing match compared to next Wednesday (despite all the rubbish being talked about it being a must win game). He is a vital player at Hampden so should be kept and risked if necessary for that.

loveofthegame

No, you're reading far too into it mate. The guy has a groin strain, and will be back for the semi im sure!

No, you're reading far too into it mate. The guy has a groin strain, and will be back for the semi im sure!

Has a groin strain and will be back for "the semi".......bloody hell, has he gone Hibs on us?

:P

I agree with the previous posts that Driver's form has dipped recently. He is still in my top three players this season.

Does anyone know when he is contracted untill??

Groin strain?

He was going out wi my wee cousin... :confused:

is this something that the News of the World would be interested in? ;)

No way Driver's off in January, in fact I'd be surprised if any other (decent) player apart from Tall left.

Andy's on a long contract and the value being slapped on some of these players will scare any team off. We want 2mil for Goncalves and 1.5mil for Velicka, how much do you think we'd be after for Driver?

this_is_my_story

See the EEN today about this boy? Strange carry on, have to wonder what's going on... seems a half-decent player by all accounts

No way Driver's off in January, in fact I'd be surprised if any other (decent) player apart from Tall left.

Andy's on a long contract and the value being slapped on some of these players will scare any team off. We want 2mil for Goncalves and 1.5mil for Velicka, how much do you think we'd be after for Driver?

Velicka was earmarked at 4m, lone strikers are worth a mint

driver is hearts most potent threat and still young, 2m.

Dear oh dear do you know Prancer if not you should meet up and form "Walter Mitty Hearts Supporters Club".

Blah blah blah blah blah? I see your point.

Any half decent offer and the mad one will flog him. Bit like Hartley last January. Vlad I Would Never Sell to the Old Firm. :rolleyes:

What a load of pish. 9million for Gordon, demanding 2mil for Goncalves and 1.5mil for Velicka. Remember he resfused to sell Tall for anything other than 500k, that's when we all thought he was crap and now we'll get nothing from him.

Vlad's hardly a saint (he's an erse) but at least come up with some decent reasoning before slagging him off. One thing he has gotten right is that we no longer ship players out of here for much less than what they are worth.

1mil for Hartley, an ageing centre midfielder who was past his best and wanted away from the club was a very good piece of business. I don't care what anybody says about his form this season, it's only being hyped up because he plays for them, he's still nowhere near the footballer he was for us.

Commander Harris
What a load of pish. 9million for Gordon, demanding 2mil for Goncalves and 1.5mil for Velicka. Remember he resfused to sell Tall for anything other than 500k, that's when we all thought he was crap and now we'll get nothing from him.

Vlad's hardly a saint (he's an erse) but at least come up with some decent reasoning before slagging him off. One thing he has gotten right is that we no longer ship players out of here for much less than what they are worth.

1mil for Hartley, an ageing centre midfielder who was past his best and wanted away from the club was a very good piece of business. I don't care what anybody says about his form this season, it's only being hyped up because he plays for them, he's still nowhere near the footballer he was for us.

indeed, excellent post.

I don't see him going in January, I do see him going in the Summer though.

If he is unfit, play Visconte, good player with great ability. If only he could learn to pass the ball occassionally!

John Gentleman
I don't see him going in January, I do see him going in the Summer though.

If he is unfit, play Visconte, good player with great ability. If only he could learn to pass the ball occassionally!

McGowan and Visconte into the first team, NOW.

Got to try them sometime.....and now the time hath come. We can always sub. them.

Go for broke from now to the end of the season. We've nothing to lose compared the current bunch.

Colonel Kurtz

Driver is injured...he is in the squad but hasnt trained

Its funny how the so called experts on here have ripped him in the past are now seeing his worth.

He will be in the running for Young Player of the year

boabyarsebiscuit
Driver is injured...he is in the squad but hasnt trained

Its funny how the so called experts on here have ripped him in the past are now seeing his worth.

He will be in the running for Young Player of the year

Yes, but he's gone off the boil lately. Hopefully his lack of pace/form is down to him being hurt and he can get back to being good again.

Any half decent offer and the mad one will flog him. Bit like Hartley last January. Vlad I Would Never Sell to the Old Firm. :rolleyes:

I thought that deal was almost universally praised on here.

:rolleyes:

This board can be hilarious at times.

After a Hearts win:

'Driver wis pure barry the day ken likesay......'

'Driver wiz feckin stunnin yisterday man.......'

After a Hearts defeat:

'Driver wiz feckin mingin the day man.....'

'Driver wiz supershan likesay maaaaan.........'

Opinion on the lad appears to sway with the wind. One day he's the wing-wizard and the next he's not worth the salty sweat of some jakey's bawsack.

It seems we're always desperate the slaughter the youngsters when the **** is clogging the fan but overly praise them after a few wins.

The chances of Driver leaving during January are as about as much as Rudi Skacel returning.........mmm.........:cool:

This board can be hilarious at times.

After a Hearts win:

'Driver wis pure barry the day ken likesay......'

'Driver wiz feckin stunnin yisterday man.......'

After a Hearts defeat:

'Driver wiz feckin mingin the day man.....'

'Driver wiz supershan likesay maaaaan.........'

Opinion on the lad appears to sway with the wind. One day he's the wing-wizard and the next he's not worth the salty sweat of some jakey's bawsack.

It seems we're always desperate the slaughter the youngsters when the **** is clogging the fan but overly praise them after a few wins.

The chances of Driver leaving during January are as about as much as Rudi Skacel returning.........mmm.........:cool:

:dribble::dribble:

Tynecastle Valhalla
his form has dipped yes but he's the only player in our squad with real pace.....he must NOT go :(

Goncalves is much quicker.

Archived