African Nations

Ivan Drago

Anyone going to be watching this at all? Think some of the games are going to be on bbc3, and on the bbc website, hopefully sum late night highlights on bbc2 for all us insomniacs as well.

I quite fancy Ghana to win it, as they're not only a cracking team but i think its in Ghana as well. Apparently though Kingston started a mass brawl on the training ground (utter disgrace, they should send him home to his club ASAP :) ).

According to the bookies Ghana and Ivory Coast are pretty much joint favourites, cant really see past either of them myself.

I'll be checking out the Ghana game on sunday night on BBCi for sure!

I heard larry got into a wee scrap aswell anyone know full details!?

Hope kingston has a tremendous tournament and puts a few million onto his transfer value,not that i want to lose him but we have to be realistic,he is going to go at some point and the more we get the better.

When does it start buddy?

I start my new job in mid feb so could be a few late nights :cool:

Opening game sunday night.

Little Ayew squared up to him after Larry tackled him from behind.

Larry was going to knock him down but Muntari jumped in the way.

I'm sure he's on a time out, but there's no way they'll suspend him or risk him for the tournament, too much of an important player.

Lookign forward to it. The thing I like about it is that there are some cracking players on show but you always have the crazy defenders and 'keepers who make some of the most ridiculous mistakes.

It is obvious that Ivory Coast and Ghana are the fvourites but if you are wanted some value for money then look at Senegal and Tunisia.

The last African nations had fixtures around ten/eleven in the morning, I spent most days having early lunches in the Guildford!

This time, the fixtures seem to start much later but some are on BBCi. What the feck is BBCi? Can it be accessed from a television or is it just something on line?

Lookign forward to it. The thing I like about it is that there are some cracking players on show but you always have the crazy defenders and 'keepers who make some of the most ridiculous mistakes.

It is obvious that Ivory Coast and Ghana are the fvourites but if you are wanted some value for money then look at Senegal and Tunisia.

Black goalkeepers rule. They're awful. So funny to watch!

The last African nations had fixtures around ten/eleven in the morning, I spent most days having early lunches in the Guildford!

This time, the fixtures seem to start much later but some are on BBCi. What the feck is BBCi? Can it be accessed from a television or is it just something on line?

Think it's just accessed via the red button in the same way that the interactive Wimbledon etc is.

Cable tv station i think.

think its the red buttom mate... need digital.

Guinea

Ghana v Guinea eh?

Ghana should be red hot faves to win that.

Do any of the betting websites have match to match bets, anyone know?

Ghana v Guinea eh?

Ghana should be red hot faves to win that.

Do any of the betting websites have match to match bets, anyone know?

sure they will closer the time, u can place bets on teams to win their group if you so desire. Apparently Bobo Balde is Guineas captain...

sure they will closer the time, u can place bets on teams to win their group if you so desire. Apparently Bobo Balde is Guineas captain...

So Larry might get injured again???

I think Ghana will tank Guinea so i doubt the odds will be great, maybe 1.5 or something.

Sound. Cheers :cool:

i take it you'll be supporting Ghana? :)

are morocco in it? if so are either of your cheating bawbags playing for them? :P

think its the red buttom mate... need digital.

Cool. Need to ask the Guildford to press that wee button, finish work at 4:30, straight to the pub and late home! I am gonna be sooooo unpopular at Musemic Mansions!

Think it's just accessed via the red button in the same way that the interactive Wimbledon etc is.

Aaaaaaaah. I just presumed BBCi was the online stuff, like when the darts and snooker is on and u can watch it live online.

Nice to see Oor Larry is taking the Hearts discipline record with him....!

He probably thinks the guy he was fighting with is a racist!!!!

Looking forward to the tournament and I think muntari will be the player of the tournament.

Beast of a man running.

aye looking forward to seeing Ghana play. Appiah their captain is out injured though which could be a huge loss for them.

Appiah's injured?

Some blow, fantastic player.

aye think he's out for the whole thing - still got a no bad midfield though! If you go to the bbc page (think i posted a link earlier) it gives you info about each individual team.

The only thing that lets this tournament down is the quality of the refereeing. Its about as good as Scottish refereeing which for an international competition is horrendous. Look out for some terrible decisions. Apart from that it should be an exciting tournament.

So Larry might get injured again???

I think Ghana will tank Guinea so i doubt the odds will be great, maybe 1.5 or something.

Best price 4/7 to win on Sunday. from oddschecker

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/african-nations-cup

Guinea are currently ranked higher than Ghana by FIFA

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

The only thing that lets this tournament down is the quality of the refereeing. Its about as good as Scottish refereeing which for an international competition is horrendous. Look out for some terrible decisions. Apart from that it should be an exciting tournament.

the shocking refereeing makes it even more exciting! along with the atrocious deending and crazy goalkeepers!

You can access a shedload of BBC output online via their "iplayer". Here's the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

:) As was mentioned earlier

All the group matches will be live on BBCi, via the red button, and there will be a nightly highlights programme on BBC Three

On Saturday we FTH and then can get peshed

On Sunday-watch Laryea help Ghana Feck Guinea

Brill weekend, here i come!!! :dribble:

Archived