Washington

grumpyespana

grumpyespana

Cannie see anything exciting about Washington all he seems to do is run about, hopefully he will get his first goal soon or he will be another waste of a wage sorry guys.

been here before
4 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Cannie see anything exciting about Washington all he seems to do is run about, hopefully he will get his first goal soon or he will be another waste of a wage sorry guys.

:rofl:

Just   :rofl:

The biggest crock of shite in tonights JKB Wednesday night shitfest.

Edited by been here before

Think he’ll be a Stephen Elliot type. Lot of graft and the odd goal. Offered twice as much as Maclean tonight. So did I to be fair

Edited by Jamhammer

Thought he showed glimpses of what he can do.

Needs that first goal to get him going though.

Thought he could have hit it first time in the box in the first half.

You missed his runs creating space to make chances in the first half then second half caught them out first seconds and nearly scored. 

Some interesting assessments going about. 

Of course its early as to his contribution. 

Jesus Christ - what a terrible post :facepalm:

We’ve lost Johnson and Isma because of thoughts like this. It’s the SERVICE. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What actually happened to him? Seemed to have an issue with his eye? 

Yes and the poster had an issue with both of them👀

The Internet
Just now, drambo said:

Yes and the poster had an issue with both of them👀

:lol: indeed. 

Saint Jambo

Makes good early runs then has to try and get back into position when the ball never comes. Seriously hope someone on the coaching staff is highlighting these to the midfielder and telling them to feed him early. He either gets slow late ball into feet with his back to goal or long balls shelled at him from defence.

Hungry hippo

Thought you could see tonight how he could link up well with a good finisher like Naismith. Worked some great space for others first half and is extremely unselfish (too much at times).

grumpyespana
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

sJesus Christ - what a terrible post :facepalm:

So you cannie say anything bad about our players, I hope he goes on and gets twenty goals this season but thats how I see him just now.

Edited by grumpyespana

Just now, Haringshairband said:

Thought he made some decent runs and on another night he might have scored.

Aye. The mighty Stenhousemuir showed him though eh!!!

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What actually happened to him? Seemed to have an issue with his eye? 

People were saying he got a finger of Stenhousemuir player in his eye. Decision to come off was made very quickly. 

gashauskis9

I don’t think 4-4-2 works for him.  I’d rather see him as lone striker with Mulraney and Walker either side and Naismith tucked behind.  Failing that, play him wide with Naismith or Uche through the middle.

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You missed his runs creating space to make chances in the first half then second half caught them out first seconds and nearly scored. 

Some interesting assessments going about. 

Of course its early as to his contribution. 

How many did we score in the 1st half and then nearly scored , my your easily pleased

Thought Police

I don’t think any of our players look up before crossing the ball. Just float it to the far post and hope for the best

copa-mundial

His movement is second to none. Sadly we don't have the creative player in the team recognize his early runs. 

Washington is cutting a very frustrated figure due to this. 

Hopefully once Naismith is in the team, he will be the man to find these passes, or make more space for Washington to run into. 

20 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Perfect example of someone judging a striker because they haven't scored yet. The running the boy does. The link up play, etc, is all very exciting. 

3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Perfect example of someone judging a striker because they haven't scored yet. The running the boy does. The link up play, etc, is all very exciting. 

4 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Really, take it you are to young to remember the mid 80's or 98 then

Fat Striker

Walker shouted over to the dugout that Washington couldn’t see and I assumed he  meant he had lost a contact lens as he was fiddling with his right eye. 

Then I’m pretty sure I heard Washington repeat “I can’t see” to Levein and the physio and they took him off straight away. 

Hopefully nothing serious. 

13 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

His movement is second to none. Sadly we don't have the creative player in the team recognize his early runs. 

Washington is cutting a very frustrated figure due to this. 

Hopefully once Naismith is in the team, he will be the man to find these passes, or make more space for Washington to run into. 

“His movement is second to none.”

😂😂😂

Up there as one of the most ridiculous comments I’ve read on here.

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

When did Washington last score a goal in a competitive match?

Last month in a Euro qualifier for Northern Ireland.

Byyy The Light

If I was a professional football player the last place I’d choose to play football is Tynecastle.

It’s not even August and 2 games in the boy is getting slaughtered by fans.

Same folk acting humble on the Mulraney thread saying how they were proved wrong.

Like Love Island on steroids this place. 

tartofmidlothian
42 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Think he’ll be a Stephen Elliot type. Lot of graft and the odd goal. Offered twice as much as Maclean tonight. So did I to be fair

What we got from Elliot is exactly what I expect from Washington. Between six and eight goals, but nobody will leave him out of the season's best XI.

45 minutes ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

Just   :rofl:

The biggest crock of shite in tonights JKB Wednesday night shitfest.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Cruyff Turn
14 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

When did Washington last score a goal in a competitive match?

He’s scored 0 goals in his last 25 games at club level. 😬

I still think he just needs a goal and then he’ll score a barrowload. 

44 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Jesus Christ - what a terrible post :facepalm:

We’ve lost Johnson and Isma because of thoughts like this. It’s the SERVICE. 

So the Manager bumped Johnson and Isma because of “thoughts” on JKB???

Nonsense!!  Cathro bumped Johnson after their relationship hit the skids and we were happy to punt Isma for the money!

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He’s scored 0 goals in his last 25 games at club level. 😬

I still think he just needs a goal and then he’ll score a barrowload. 

I love your optimism!

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So the Manager bumped Johnson and Isma because of “thoughts” on JKB???

Nonsense!!  Cathro bumped Johnson after their relationship hit the skids and we were happy to punt Isma for the money!

True. And the players chucked it cos they had no affinity with the club or fans. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I love your optimism!

Have to be. I’ve seen a fair bit of him playing for Northern Ireland and I can remember watching him bang in goals at Peterborough. He can score goals, he’s maybe just a bit rusty and low on confidence at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

True. And the players chucked it cos they had no affinity with the club or fans. 

Johnson had no affinity with Cathro and was shown the door - nothing to do with fans and certainly not due to “thoughts” on JKB.

Isma got pelters due to his lazy inept performances losing any affinity he had with the fans.

46 minutes ago, Fat Striker said:

Walker shouted over to the dugout that Washington couldn’t see and I assumed he  meant he had lost a contact lens as he was fiddling with his right eye. 

Then I’m pretty sure I heard Washington repeat “I can’t see” to Levein and the physio and they took him off straight away. 

Hopefully nothing serious. 

Heard this as well. 

CL's comments: "Washington got a bang on his face and eye and has quite a lot of blood and bruising and swelling on his eye. The ball hit him bang in the face before he had a chance to protect himself. He’s away to A&E and we’ll have to wait and see what’s happened."

Byyy The Light

Johnsen is another story. Hence why I said true. Would’ve been different if he cared and wanted to stay though.

Isma’s performances were no better or worse than Lafferty’s for Hearts. For some reason Lafferty is lauded by certain parts of the Hearts support though.

I like him so far, good movement

And the right mix of pace and a bit presence

We are crying out for a forward/attacking player who can just lash a ball tho. Can't imagine too many of the current squad scoring from distance

Guest ToqueJambo

Definitely adds to the squad. Needs a goal mind you, like everyone except Halkett. 30 shots and 9 on target. Can we hire a shooting coach! I suggest Rudi

Edited by ToqueJambo

His movement is first class, if only we had players with the vision and speed of thought to see them. Run himself into the ground with no reward and no service. Clare should’ve dumbed the ball for him first half. I hope he keeps that level of willingness up and I hope we sign a player that can link him. 

10 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Johnsen is another story. Hence why I said true. Would’ve been different if he cared and wanted to stay though.

Isma’s performances were no better or worse than Lafferty’s for Hearts. For some reason Lafferty is lauded by certain parts of the Hearts support though.

Wonder why ? 😕

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Is it the eye he has for goal ?

A recurring injury then

🤣

Not sure he's recovered from that injury in the last couple of years. 

Chat about how his movement is that great but our midfielder's can't see it, yet been at higher level clubs and they're higher level midfielder's couldn't see it either! Trend happening here. Maybe our scouts can't see that either!