Sean Clare in the middle

tartofmidlothian

grumpyespana

I thought Clare in patches was really good and will have a great season for us.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• Pans Jambo

• CJGJ

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

After all this time Im coming round to thinking that Sean Clare is shite. 

That may upset some. 

Heck I’m really sorry about that!

Hes not good enough. Hearts just dont have a midfield. ANYONE can see this. 

We are going to get bullied by St.Mirren, St.Johnstone, Livi, Hamilton & Motherwell in the middle of the park and Murdered by Aberdeen, Hibs, & the arse cheeks. 

Are folk blind?

Edited by Pans Jambo

I like him and I prefer him in the middle but he needs to show for the ball more than he does. He’s still drifting in and out of games

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

That may upset some. 

We are going to get bullied by St.Mirren, St.Johnstone, Livi, Hamilton & Motherwell in the middle of the park and Murdered by Aberdeen, Hibs, & the arse cheeks. 

Are folk blind?

So 10th then this coming season ?

Hrs dividing opinion after games against Dundee Utd, who are pish, Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir. 

I’m seriously worried he’ll unite the Hearts support when he plays against real football players, and not in a good way.

Edited by Shaggy2

Just now, CJGJ said:

So 10th then this coming season ?

Are hoping for an exciting 6th again???

Theres showing some ambition. 

Its OK though. It’ll be alright on the night after another 20 games or so...

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Are hoping for an exciting 6th again???

Theres showing some ambition. 

Its OK though. It’ll be alright on the night after another 20 games or so...

You are the one who posted the details not me..I simply asked a question

Is it your opinion we will finish 10th because your original post indicated it was

Just now, CJGJ said:

You are the one who posted the details not me..I simply asked a question

Is it your opinion we will finish 10th because your original post indicated it was

How did it indicate that? Bullied in midfield equates to 10th in the league now?

You happy with what youve seen so far? Fill you with confidence?

Nookie Bear

By losing Haring, Lee and Djoum we are losing nearly 100 appearances from last years team. 

Whether we rate those 3 or not, Levein obviously did because he played them pretty much every week. He also chose them over Bozanic and Clare. 

We knew Djoum was leaving, we knew Lee was unsettled and we are choosing to let him go and we probably knew Harings injury was a concern. 

So why we are going into a new season without having addressed this is negligent imo and completely undermines what I believe is good business up front and in defence. 

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

How did it indicate that? Bullied in midfield equates to 10th in the league now?

You happy with what youve seen so far? Fill you with confidence?

So we'll get bullied as per your post but in doing so will win many of the matches ?....I can live with that if we win matches

Otherwise you are predicting a 10th place finish if we get bullied and do not win those matches

It's just a question

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

By losing Haring, Lee and Djoum we are losing nearly 100 appearances from last years team. 

Whether we rate those 3 or not, Levein obviously did because he played them pretty much every week. He also chose them over Bozanic and Clare. 

We knew Djoum was leaving, we knew Lee was unsettled and we are choosing to let him go and we probably knew Harings injury was a concern. 

So why we are going into a new season without having addressed this is negligent imo and completely undermines what I believe is good business up front and in defence. 

Indeed. Absolutely appalling squad management. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dont be asking grown up questions on here mate. The school holidays are in full flow!!!

(BTW I agree). 

Clare drifted out of the game in the last 30 minutes when we needed him most.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on!

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So we'll get bullied as per your post but in doing so will win many of the matches ?....I can live with that if we win matches

Otherwise you are predicting a 10th place finish if we get bullied and do not win those matches

It's just a question

Its really not a question. Its you getting 5 from adding 2+2  but I will say we will lose/draw more than we win with that midfield but I cant really say where position we will be in come May but I will say it wont be challenging for any European slots given what I’ve seen so far.

In any case, I asked you 2 questions. Heres a recap:

Are you happy with what youve seen so far (in relation to our midfield)?

And, does it fill you with confidence (in relation to 2019/20 season)?

Edited by Pans Jambo

38 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

When did you say it and to whom ?

Given you joined in May and have seemingly made no comments about him I'm calling your post a porky

LOL I've been posting on here for about 5 years under the same username minus the apostrophe. Email issue resulted in a new account. 

Our central midfield of Clare and Bozanic is utterly depressing.

Even with Haring back he’ll still be partnered by a dud. We desperately need a new midfielder.

Five to One

Thought Clare was actually decent tonight. Bozanic however, had an absolute shocker and still can’t take a corner kick.

Looked more in involved but did drift out of game. He needs someone better than bozanic beside him tho

Edited by Newton51

Glamorgan Jambo

He has some very decent qualities but struggled to impose himself on the game. I'm sure his confidence ain't that high. He needs to look for the ball a lot lot more. 

On a slightly related note well done the guy who told the loudmouth in Section S to zip it with his constant shouting and moaning about Clare. 

Overall we need to be a bit more patient and stop constantly launching the ball into the penalty area at the first opportunity. I'm maybe decades behind the times tactically but usually the cross is more dangerous when it's cut back from the line not launched forward diagonally. And beating the opponent will open up more options so our wider players need to be prepared to look a bit more foolish and take on more opponents one on one. 

The first thing that came into my head, was what the **** would Bizanic and Clare be like against somebody like Scott Brown, who I fekkin hate. He would rip them up for arse paper!

1 hour ago, Hercules said:

Clare is shite. Shite wide. Shite middle. A couple of goals, a coupe of penalties and  a backheel is all he’s given. Useless. Even forgot he was on corners tonight. Awful. 

59 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He sloped backwards when he took the penalties?

54 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Pardon ?

Coupe - car with four doors and a sloped back.

42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He is using the word “slope” to infer racial prejudice on your part. Just ignore him. 

WTAF you are on to think that sort of shit I do not know. Maybe engage your brain before making accusations like that, eh? 🙄

38 minutes ago, Hercules said:

If he is, he’s a bigger prick  than I originally thought. 

Well he isn’t, but I can’t really speak for Nookie. 👍

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its really not a question. Its you getting 5 from adding 2+2  but I will say we will lose/draw more than we win with that midfield but I cant really say where position we will be in come May but I will say it wont be challenging for any European slots given what I’ve seen so far.

In any case, I asked you 2 questions. Heres a recap:

Are you happy with what youve seen so far (in relation to our midfield)?

And, does it fill you with confidence (in relation to 2019/20 season)?

I'm pleased to see we may not be in the bottom 6 then

My opinion re the coming season has not yet been formed

I'd like to see our first 11 fit and ready to play which of course includes Haring and Naismith...and I'd like to see who we sign

However you cannot rely on players being fit every week as we know from last season

I will give my full opinion before the season starts and wish others would as well so we can measure just who gets it right...but it's only opinion at this point

Circumstances will impact on results such as injuries to key players and no club at our level can have the same quality of player on the bench so it's very much a case of 'do you feel lucky punk'  (I know it's not the wording in the film)

Had enough of the ball to completely control the game......but just didn’t.

And he never will.

He has something.......But it just isn’t enough.

Edited by DH1986

Cut The Crap

Would probably do well enough in Stenny's league.

Kinda fear for him (and us) in our league though.

rudi must stay

Looked better v Dundee United. For me that was his most complete and focused game in a Hearts Shirt (even then he drifted out the game) strange player as he has good skill. I do agree actually with another poster that he's not high on confidence

Famous 1874

No chance to get top 4 with Clare and Bozanic as the pivot. Need 2 more players in there. 

Edited by Famous 1874

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Some of his passes were very loose tonight with no pressure. 

Yeh 

and one in particular when hickey took a throw in to Clare who then smashed it back to hickey and it just went out of play.

very poor 

Clare was not good in the first half, we were playing Stenhousemuir he should have been controlling the midfield not passing the ball back. As for Bozanic what can I say, why did we let Edwards go because at least he knew which way forward was. No one can actually say they left Tynecastle happy last night, it was disgraceful and if we are relying on Naismith, then I hope to god he doesn't get injured because our season will be brutal.

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Looked better v Dundee United. For me that was his most complete and focused game in a Hearts Shirt (even then he drifted out the game) strange player as he has good skill. I do agree actually with another poster that he's not high on confidence

The thing with the alleged confidence issue is...if he isn’t confident now when being continually picked and talked up his manager despite being generally dog shite since signing 11 months again, when will he be confident? 

Bazzas right boot

Put of all the pant wetting across multiple threads going on, I think Clare is a genuine concern. 

He's a concern for two reasons. 

I'm not sure on his best position at all, he's not got the confidence or drive to be a central midfielde and he's far too peripheral for a a central midfielder. 

He looks a bit lost out wide and again looks unsure what to do with himself, especially off the ball. 

Overall he's looking like a Tony watt type player, looks good in glimpses and has good technical ability but his actual contribution and effectiveness over 99 minutes is very limited. 

Against the level of opposition recently I'd really hoped he'd stand out but he seems to have continued from last season. 

9 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Agree with this. Certainly shouldn't be the fall guy tonight though.

Anyone creating fall guys for a win is strange. 

Edited by MacPhee

9 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

I thought Clare in patches was really good and will have a great season for us.

Thought he looked okay last night for most of the time. The problem I have with him is that he should be looking far more than just okay against teams like Stenhousemuir. The boy can play and has skill.  We just don’t see enough of it. 

I really hope that he steps up to the mark and shows just what he is capable of doing.  

8 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Looked more in involved but did drift out of game. He needs someone better than bozanic beside him tho

This is they key to it, actually think with a better midfielder next to him that Clare will get better and better in the middle of the park. 

Even if he does I still think that there will be an element of our support that will never take to him.

Edited by Ribble

Captain Canada

His best games last season were when Naismith was in the team. He's 22 and didn't cost a lot of money, I'm not sure why people expect him to be bossing our midfield single-handedly. 

Edwards would have been a better partner for him in these league cup games. 

AlphonseCapone
9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

So we are to allow something that may not be the truth to go unchallenged ?

Bit Trump like for me..or even a bit Boris 'kipper like'

He didn't say he said it on here. ****ing hell. 

A_A wehatethehibs

There is a chance he could be really good but there are big question marks over the mental side. When Hearts are getting beat he tends to vanish.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

When Hearts are getting beat he tends to vanish.

Apart from putting over the corner for the equaliser?

9 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hard to argue with this. I thought the reason behind Lee leaving was because we were going to use Ryan Edwards a lot more this season but he is off too.

We are seriously lacking in midfield and anyone who cant see that is blind.

9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

That may upset some. 

Are folk blind?

I actually agree. 

Clare has offered next to nothing. The excuses for him are incredible. 

Just when will he come good? When will the player in there come out? 

If he doesn’t make we’ll have some on here saying he was too good for this league. 

Main worries for season ahead are the lack of urgency in play and the fact the players look like they just met before kick off at times. 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Clare is raw, but will be a good player. 

I think the key is to keep his confidence up. 

Well lets play him ONCE he is a good player as the Hearts first team is not the place to learn and he has had more than enough time

A_A wehatethehibs
48 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Apart from putting over the corner for the equaliser?

Comment was more in terms of his general play over his whole time here. Mentally, he fades when Hearts are in a tough game. Putting 1 corner into the box doesn’t really change that.

Cut The Crap
11 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Clare is raw, but will be a good player. 

Any idea when? 

scott herbertson

Have never really liked him but saw a few things at the end of the season which looked positive and happy to give him more time before i get my BOO voice in gear