Sean Clare in the middle

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I liked the look of him there tonight. Stenny were well organised and physical, but he dealt with it, stayed on his feet and tried to play football. He's good with the ball at his feet and looks stronger than last season already. Just needs to work on his shooting, though.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phil Dunphy

• Pans Jambo

• CJGJ

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, 19/05/2012 said:

Both him and Bozanic were awful major worry if that’s our first choice 

You have to be kidding...Clare had a good game and a very good first half

Disagree, thought Clare was poor, as was Bozanic.

Both did go on good runs with the ball but their end product was no good or they took too long to make a decision.

Clare had some scuffed shots and a number of well overhit or misplaced passes. These aren't glitches he's ironing out, they are constant brain farts and I doubt he is going to be any better this season.

Edited by kila

Inconsistent but the first time I've seen real potential from him. Never seen him as an attacker or wide player and thought he was very poor for most of last season. He has a drive and a composure in there and along with athleticism means if he put it together we'd have a good midfielder. A bit away yet though.

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You have to be kidding...Clare had a good game and a very good first half

Nope not kidding he was bullied by lower league huddies and both him and Bozanic always take safe option of a backpass

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Both him and Bozanic were awful major worry if that’s our first choice 

Clare has natural quality and there were signs tonight his graft is starting to pay off. No way he can hide if he wants to succeed here, he seems to get that.

Bozanic puts in a shift, but he doesn't have the quality for our starting XI. Good guy to have on the bench, though.

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I liked the look of him there tonight. Stenny were well organised and physical, but he dealt with it, stayed on his feet and tried to play football. He's good with the ball at his feet and looks stronger than last season already. Just needs to work on his shooting, though.

Well said mate. He's gonna be a cracking player. I just hope fans can give him a break and let him flourish.

1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Nope not kidding he was bullied by lower league huddies and both him and Bozanic always take safe option of a backpass

Clearly you were not at the match

Thought he was good 1st half but poor 2nd. Regardless of who the new midfielder turns out to be, I do worry about pitching Clare in the middle against stronger opposition. Although he's at least slightly more effective in the middle than out wide - he was largely anonymous there for the majority of games imo. 

Edited by JH-HMFC

Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Clare has natural quality and there were signs tonight his graft is starting to pay off. No way he can hide if he wants to succeed here, he seems to get that.

Bozanic puts in a shift, but he doesn't have the quality for our starting XI. Good guy to have on the bench, though.

Bozanic isnt a creative player and should never have started against a team who were obviously going to sit back. Scary state of affairs when we rely on Bozanic to break down defensive walls

Just now, CJGJ said:

Clearly you were not at the match

On my way back I take it you were one of the happy clappers at the end 😂 I will say it now we will be 6th place and out both cups before the semis if that’s our centre midfield

Archie White

Clare can only be judged in the hustle and bustle of the Premier League and certainly not against bottom league opposition. I hae ma doots though. Too soft.

Cruyff Turn

A bit worried about Clare there without a defensive midfielder alongside him. I don’t think he is overly experienced playing there and we look a bit powderpuff at the moment. 

I’d be more confident if he played on the right of a 4-3-3 tbh. 

Imo, to play as a duo in a 4 man midfield, you need to be able to do everything and the perfect example of that’s Doucoure and Capoue at Watford.

The Internet

Clare is fine. Bozanic isn't. Needs Haring or a new midfielder in there. Tbh I don't really like playing a midfield 2. 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Archie White said:

Clare can only be judged in the hustle and bustle of the Premier League and certainly not against bottom league opposition. I hae ma doots though. Too soft.

Only time will tell. We will know if the experiment has worked after the first round of league fixtures.

tartofmidlothian
6 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

On my way back I take it you were one of the happy clappers at the end 😂 I will say it now we will be 6th place and out both cups before the semis if that’s our centre midfield

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

A bit worried about Clare there without a defensive midfielder alongside him. I don’t think he is overly experienced playing there and we look a bit powderpuff at the moment. 

I’d be more confident if he played on the right of a 4-3-3 tbh. 

Imo, to play as a duo in a 4 man midfield, you need to be able to do everything and the perfect example of that’s Doucoure and Capoue at Watford.

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Clare is fine. Bozanic isn't. Needs Haring or a new midfielder in there. Tbh I don't really like playing a midfield 2. 

All of these posts are right, our centre midfield seriously needs looked at, but Clare isn't the issue with it. He needs a quality player alongside him who isn't crocked for weeks or a kid.

Clare is shite. Shite wide. Shite middle. A couple of goals, a coupe of penalties and  a backheel is all he’s given. Useless. Even forgot he was on corners tonight. Awful. 

1 minute ago, Hercules said:

Clare is shite. Shite wide. Shite middle. A couple of goals, a coupe of penalties and  a backheel is all he’s given. Useless. Even forgot he was on corners tonight. Awful. 

He sloped backwards when he took the penalties?

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Had a good first half.  Disappeared second half with a number of others.

Agree with this. Certainly shouldn't be the fall guy tonight though.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Clare is pish and doesn’t want to be here

I agree with the first part. No idea about the second part.

2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

This guy gets it. I must have watched Clare in about 30 games and I don’t think he has had a decent one yet. I think if he dribbles by one player once in a match some of our fans are happy 

1 minute ago, Diego10 said:

Had a good first half.  Disappeared second half with a number of others.

About to say the same.  Thought both Clare and Bozanic looked busy enough in the first half.  Some stealth runs from Clare and Bozanic buzzed about the middle moving the ball on. 

The second half when we needed a bit more craft, I don’t think it was there. But these games are always the same. The more the underdog holds on, the favourites start to get a bit desperate. 

I didn’t see us us coming back like that so late but it just shows how Stenhousemuir couldn’t even gather themselves enough to hold on when we had to push for the equaliser. 

Clare is just not up to it, said it last season and frightening that he is still likely to start the first few months. 

2 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Clare is just not up to it, said it last season and frightening that he is still likely to start the first few months. 

When did you say it and to whom ?

Given you joined in May and have seemingly made no comments about him I'm calling your post a porky

HEARTS FOREVER

I can't believe.......we are even contemplating these two in the middle of the park.

This is Heart of Midlothian ffs

What's happened to us?

Regal Kingston

A constant experiment with him in so many different positions. He has been dugshite in them all. A 1 game out of 10 performer. 

Simply not good enough and afforded far too many chances in the team. 

Levein determiner to prove there’s a player there. Give it up. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Given you joined in May and have seemingly made no comments about him I'm calling your post a porky

Little bit North Korea, is that not?

Guest ToqueJambo

Thought Clare was poor tonight. He should be more of a goal threat from that position. Maybe that terrible wedge shot over the bar is clouding my view though.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

:cornette:

Clare will be fine with a Haring and/or  Naismith.

Bozanic is a squad back up player. This is why he played tonight.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Little bit North Korea, is that not?

So we are to allow something that may not be the truth to go unchallenged ?

Bit Trump like for me..or even a bit Boris 'kipper like'

been here before

As far as dividing fan opinion goes I reckon Clare is going to be the new Djoum. Some obviously rate him whilst some obviosly dont.

To be honest I struggle to see what he brings. Both tonight and last week v Cowdenbeath were games where he should really have grabbed his chance. I dont think he has.

We were told he needed time to recover from his injury, time to settle, a run in the team, a pre-season. He's had them all and he still looks bang average to me.

I truly utterly despair if we have to put up with him in the middle this season. 

He's not the player we need there. 

His sitter a side, he was the best midfielder on the park. Walker was uninterested. Bozanic acts like he’s doing something when, in fact, he’s doing nothing. MacDonald drifted too much cause he wanted on the ball. Clare came deep, got stuck in and never hide. As a partnership with Bozanic, it never worked. Hopefully we know see that 442 can’t work with the players we have available. 4231 has to be the way forward. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So we are to allow something that may not be the truth to go unchallenged ?

Bit Trump like for me..or even a bit Boris 'kipper like'

He may have said it to a mate at a game, or his boss or his pet gerbil. Does it only count if he said it on JKB?

Anyway, plenty others were saying it on here last season. 

heartmussel
36 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Bozanic isnt a creative player and should never have started against a team who were obviously going to sit back. Scary state of affairs when we rely on Bozanic to break down defensive walls

We were discussing that at game tonight,he covered some ground without any end product,his corners and free kicks were woeful.

The Internet
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

As far as dividing fan opinion goes I reckon Clare is going to be the new Djoum. Some obviously rate him whilst some obviosly dont.

To be honest I struggle to see what he brings. Both tonight and last week v Cowdenbeath were games where he should really have grabbed his chance. I dont think he has.

We were told he needed time to recover from his injury, time to settle, a run in the team, a pre-season. He's had them all and he still looks bang average to me.

I rate him highly but understand why folk wouldn't. Came in with a lot of hype and has only shown it in flashes so far. I'm convinced he'll be good though, thought he was shunted around too much last season and was desperate for him to get a run in centre mid so at least that'll be happening. 

1 minute ago, heartmussel said:

We were discussing that at game tonight,he covered some ground without any end product,his corners and free kicks were woeful.

He's a game breaker. Not his kind of game tonight but yeah we have absolutely nothing else

Just now, heartmussel said:

That is pretty fair on tonight's showing

Worked hard but …...

The Boris Johnson of the current Levein era. I look at him being our number one central midfielder and wonder just how the absolute **** we got here. 

grumpyespana
31 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I like Clare but buck a duck that boy cannot strike the ball

But he takes a very good penalty lol

Bozanic and Clare in the middle of a two is chronic. Not good enough. Not enough drive and desire to take a game and control it