Hospitality - £72.00 - is it worth it ?

kingdannyb

I booked the Strongbow Lounge for myself and my Old man this week for the Ross County game, it was £72 a head.

We did the same for Livi at home last season, I think it may have gone up around £10 this season but really enjoyed it last season.

Drink not included but quick service and we only wanted a few, food before the game was good and lounge nice. They take your drinks order for half time too and food at half time decent too. Maybe a little over priced but worth it for a good day out. Seats were decent too, in section S.

I don't think I'm stingy but if I paid that for a game against Celtic, I'd expect a 3-0 win to be included in the price 

maroonsgotop
12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't think I'm stingy but if I paid that for a game against Celtic, I'd expect a 3-0 win to be included in the price 

sold yourself short there Doug. We were giving out 4-0 wins not so long ago 👍😆

davemclaren

Never been disappointed with the hospitality at Tynecastle, though my memory seems to go as the day progresses. 

I was in the Heritage Lounge for the United game and think the price was around the same amount. Fork buffet was minuscule portions and drinks not included. Was a nice lounge, well done out with Premium seats but wasn't what I expected on the food front. Eat before you go!1

Also the wallpaper had the badge with Heart of Mid-lothian which I though was odd. Is that right with the hyphen?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Pagey said:

I was in the Heritage Lounge for the United game and think the price was around the same amount. Fork buffet was minuscule portions and drinks not included. Was a nice lounge, well done out with Premium seats but wasn't what I expected on the food front. Eat before you go!1

Also the wallpaper had the badge with Heart of Mid-lothian which I though was odd. Is that right with the hyphen?

The hyphen was correct about 100 years ago. That’s heritage for you. 😎

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, kingdannyb said:

comments please .....

It's brilliant. I live in Derbyshire and can't get to many games, so my wife buys me hospitality for my birthday and we both have a great time. Worth every penny...and it all goes to Hearts.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

:rofl:

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thanks Dave, before my time :)

Hospitality is an absolute no brainer. The top one with free drink and meal is brilliant 

Tried my 1st one 3 years ago and got hooked immediately when my father in law took me to one 

Even the cheaper one's are great value 

Hearts are light years away from other SPL sides when it comes to hospitality. Gorgie suite is the one if you want the best atmosphere 

jamboiain13

I always wonder whether the club could offer a discounted price on hospitality to ST holders.  Since we have already bought our seat why would the inclusion of a match ticket be needed in the package.  Just saying as it puts me off a little when I consider maybe trying out the experience

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jamboiain13 said:

I always wonder whether the club could offer a discounted price on hospitality to ST holders.  Since we have already bought our seat why would the inclusion of a match ticket be needed in the package.  Just saying as it puts me off a little when I consider maybe trying out the experience

They used to do this but stopped it. 

11 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Malaury Martin serves you canapes and massages your feet while you watch the game.

He best be doing it for free!??

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Hospitality is an absolute no brainer. The top one with free drink and meal is brilliant 

Tried my 1st one 3 years ago and got hooked immediately when my father in law took me to one 

Even the cheaper one's are great value 

Hearts are light years away from other SPL sides when it comes to hospitality. Gorgie suite is the one if you want the best atmosphere 

Ever since a match I watched back in our championship days, a friend and I were sat in the old stand and seen a load of hospitality in the Gorgie stand absolutely blootered and singing their hearts out falling over seats etc, I've wanted to try it! 

Just never got round to it. It looks like the best way to watch a match. 😎

14 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Other clubs do this, but we're Hearts.....!

16 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

I agree, I was in hospitality for a game last year. Got seats in the Gorgie stand which were lesser seats than my ST.

I've been in hospitality in the Gorgie Stand thanks to the JKB Christmas Cracker, and it was absolutely superb!  The food was good, table service with drinks included, and the atmosphere was cracking. Plenty of entertainment pre and post match, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again on my own buck :thumbsup:

(we did win 2-0 which probably helped, but it was a brilliant experience) 

John Findlay

Did hospitality for me and my son last boxing day against Hamilton as part of his Christmas. His verdict. Can we do this every week dad.

12 hours ago, kingdannyb said:

comments please .....

I did the executive package for the Dundee Utd game and think it was £72. We had a great time. 

Franksluckypants
32 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Other clubs do this, but we're Hearts.....!

30 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I agree, I was in hospitality for a game last year. Got seats in the Gorgie stand which were lesser seats than my ST.

AB said at a previous shareholders meeting that she acknowledged the fact that previously you got a discounted price for hospitality if you were a season ticket holder, but until we are solidly back in the black, they would continue to coin in as much as possible!

Btw the Gorgie is excellent. Vague recollections of the matches including the Relegation Party, Juanma 2.0 Aberdeen match, and the come back 2.2 via The Rangers, amongst others...

Midloth_Iain

The Gorgie Suite hospitality is excellent - expensive but a great day out.

Compared to Hibs hospitality , which is dire ...... 

BackOfTheNet

I’ve done various hospitalities. There are many positives and few negatives. For instance the Gorgie Suite has the included drink, 3 course meal and for my money Scott Wilson really makes it worthwhile, he’s a great host and hilarious. Usually there’s a couple of legends and the two man of the match recipients collect their champagne from the sponsors so if you want you can meet them and get a photo etc. Downsides would be the seating (for what you’re paying you’d expect better seats than behind the goals - and once we had to walk half way across the stadium to the other end due to overbooking) and what sticks in my throat is the way they rush you out. They say in the ‘what’s included’ that you get 1 hour post match in the lounge. By 30 mins in they’re telling you to drink up, and if you stick around to the 45 min mark expect security folk (different ones) at 2 minute intervals trying to force you up out of your seat. Always leaves a sour taste after what is usually a great day out.

I’ve also done the heritage and legends lounges, drink isn’t free but the seating is good. The fork buffet was actually better than I expected, usually a beef stew. I was expecting a few wee pies so that was good for me. Allows you to grab a seat and enjoy a beer before, at half time and post match without having to walk to your pub of choice.

I try and do hospitality once a year, but sometimes the price is too much for the Gorgie - if they had better seats or gave ST discounts it’d be a no brainer - so the other ones can do nicely.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

I find it a bit weird we have our second 'top' hospitality experience situated in the Gorgie stand and suite.

12 hours ago, sr2008 said:

I booked the Strongbow Lounge for myself and my Old man this week for the Ross County game, it was £72 a head.

We did the same for Livi at home last season, I think it may have gone up around £10 this season but really enjoyed it last season.

Drink not included but quick service and we only wanted a few, food before the game was good and lounge nice. They take your drinks order for half time too and food at half time decent too. Maybe a little over priced but worth it for a good day out. Seats were decent too, in section S.

£72 a head? For the Strongbow lounge? No drink included. Surely not. I paid £30 a head for the Dundee Utd game for in there.

hoof.hearted

Would do hospitality more often (only do cup ties) but grudge paying twice as have a season ticket. Believe that you should get a little incentive if you have a season ticket, even fifteen quid off or something. 

Hearts used to buy back your seat for the game and re sell but not any more. 

My mate gave up his season ticket a few years back as he does hospitality half a dozen times or so each season.

1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

Ever since a match I watched back in our championship days, a friend and I were sat in the old stand and seen a load of hospitality in the Gorgie stand absolutely blootered and singing their hearts out falling over seats etc, I've wanted to try it! 

Just never got round to it. It looks like the best way to watch a match. 😎

It will convert you 100% its a superb experience and you'll be hooked after it. For me its, no having to rush down the road for kick off,  necking pints, getting to a toilet etc in the build up. just having getting settled early, and some comfort before and after a game. The atmosphere and scott wilson especially are top drawer honestly. Some take it to the extreme bevvy wise but there's never any bother or steamers. I'll be interested to see how you get on after you've been blacky

1 hour ago, goldie83 said:

£72 a head? For the Strongbow lounge? No drink included. Surely not. I paid £30 a head for the Dundee Utd game for in there.

The deals for the League Cup games are one off reduced price, it’s £60 plus VAT for all league games aside from Hibs this season which is £65 plus VAT.

it feels more expensive than last season and possibly a bit over priced but we It once or twice a season and neither of us are massive drinkers so wouldn’t get the value out the Gorgie Suite (which I would agree having been a few times is excellent)

22 hours ago, HoGwash said:

I did the executive package for the Dundee Utd game and think it was £72. We had a great time. 

I’m booked into this package for Wednesday game. Taking my boy so will be taking it easier on the drink. What is the meal on offer as he’s quite fussy?

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I’m booked into this package for Wednesday game. Taking my boy so will be taking it easier on the drink. What is the meal on offer as he’s quite fussy?

It was a set 2 course meal.  Very nice but no choice. 

On 19/07/2019 at 22:36, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It's brilliant. I live in Derbyshire and can't get to many games, so my wife buys me hospitality for my birthday and we both have a great time. Worth every penny...and it all goes to Hearts.

"Happy next birthday" to you. Your wife clearly knows how to treat you well. 👍

Fire_At_The_Disco

Love the Gorgie, last time we were there we were sat at a table with 2 brikies, they pay their 2 grand a season and love the fact they can be on it for 3 hours pre kick off, have some great food and watch the game. The secret after the game is to order 3 rounds rapid as the service winds down quick!  Scott Wilson is absolutely brilliant as host and the players and ex players are all up for photos and banter. Great day out! 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Great summary. 

But don't have 4 pints before you go to the Gorgie Suite as it can have consequences later in the evening. 

A great experience and will do it again this season for sure.

:sadrobbo:

Would recommend this to anyone. Was on offer so tried the European exec lounge last night. Great set up with 2 hour free bar before game and drink at half time and full time. Food decent too. Also great speeches from Gary Naismith and Lockie. 

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Would recommend this to anyone. Was on offer so tried the European exec lounge last night. Great set up with 2 hour free bar before game and drink at half time and full time. Food decent too. Also great speeches from Gary Naismith and Lockie. 

Do they also have someone from JKB to tell everyone how hopeless we are and demand levein and Budge oot.?

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Do they also have someone from JKB to tell everyone how hopeless we are and demand levein and Budge oot.?

You pay extra for that.

• 3 months later...
Serge Pizzorno

Can someone advise what the best hospitality package is?

Didn't realise just how many options we had these days!

Skyline Lounge looks good however is it better than the classic Gorgie suite?

19 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Been to the Gorgie and the Main Stand , everyone in our company preferred the Gorgie but both were tremendous tbh 

1 hour ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Executive lounge good option toO and slightly cheaper

Did hospitality last boxing day with my then 10yr old son. Was a Christmas gift for him. Will be doing the same again this year for the Hibs game. He loved it. We both did.

Went to the Executive European Lounge for the Hamilton game on Boxing Day last year - myself and my mate both turned 50 so we treated ourselves.  It was well worth the money - food was fabulous and our glasses were never empty.  Enjoyed it so much that we've booked it again for the Boxing Day derby.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Great shout John. My wee lad will be 10 on 22 December. Might just do that. I’ve been to the Gorgie a few times but never thought of taking my son. He’d probably love it with the players and all that. 

Do they still deduct the ticket for season ticket holders?

No. They dont. Your lad will love it. My lad said. Can we do it every week. I replied to him. Only if you're paying. If you do this. Your brownie points will go through the roof with him