New third strip

kila

kingantti1874

Me and my lad out in this today.. cracking. First football top I’ve bought since 2014, (excluding the FOH kit) first I’ve actually worn since 2006

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• kingantti1874

• It should have been ten

• Alex Kintner

Robbo'sBoots

Shirt has just arrived,so much better in the flesh.

Should have ordered a size bigger tho as these are quite short and tight.Gonna buy another one a size bigger and give this one to my son.

Robbo'sBoots
1 minute ago, Cygnet said:

What colour is the letters and numbering on the back should you choose to get it? 

White if you mean your name and number.

Robbo'sBoots
58 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Postman just delivered mine and gotta say it's thing of beauty 

I agree,mine just arrived as well.......................simply a thing of beauty.

Ballitojambo

shite, i should have read this thread before i ordered, went for the xl, may be a bit tight, think its a thing of beauty though, ended up getting the black shower jacket as well, wife has now confiscated my tablet.

Robbo'sBoots
3 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

shite, i should have read this thread before i ordered, went for the xl, may be a bit tight, think its a thing of beauty though, ended up getting the black shower jacket as well, wife has now confiscated my tablet.

I've just hid mine from my wife,she does not know about the second top yet :)

32 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

The strip is rancid at best.

Ken, wish it looked more like this stunning effort.

57EAD495-BFD0-4ADD-95F1-702E020A87A6.jpeg

Shop was busy for a non match day. Few letters they dont have for the back. O and U i think they said. 

3 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

Shop was busy for a non match day. Few letters they dont have for the back. O and U i think they said. 

FFS :jjyay:

been here before
Just now, Barack said:

Lot of people getting **** Off on the backs of their shirts then.

😆

I though of **** You.

They both work.

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Anyone know how many tops we sell in a season. I have absolutely no idea 

It wouldn’t matter though regards how many we sell Hearts get the money from Umbro irrespective whether we sell 100 or 100;000 if the deal was say worth 3million over 4years Umbro pay us that end of don’t they?

2 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Didn't get delivered today despite paying extra for express delivery.    :seething:

I’m a bit further north than you and mine didn’t either I paid for express delivery by mistake I wasn’t in a hurry but no show.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

2 kids and an arsenal fan giving me compliments in the gyle - a bit weird but I shit you not .

Must be your six pack. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Ken, wish it looked more like this stunning effort.

57EAD495-BFD0-4ADD-95F1-702E020A87A6.jpeg

Holy **** , now THAT is rancid 😂

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Lot of people getting **** Off on the backs of their shirts then.

Or Levein Out for the pantwetters 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Probably been asked but is there a long sleeve version??

Ibiza 12' Remix out in 2 weeks. ;)

weegie jambo

no doubt the shirt looks great but why do we need a 3rd strip in a colour that is so close to maroon in tone?  seems like a big marketing exercise albeit one that is working and bringing in money to the club.

All the other Umbro (and Puma) kits I've owned been a size Large.

Am I right in thinking with the buttoned collar this is more fitted?

Should I go up a size or safe with Large? 

21 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

no doubt the shirt looks great but why do we need a 3rd strip in a colour that is so close to maroon in tone?  seems like a big marketing exercise albeit one that is working and bringing in money to the club.

Think you’ve answered your own question bud. 

18 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Get the XL Alan, unless your built like an athlete. 👍😁

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Probably been asked but is there a long sleeve version??

No. I asked when I was in getting one for myself and Mrs Hersh yesterday. 

Seymour M Hersh
57 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Unless you're buying online they have all sizes to try on in the shop. If not go up a size and if too big return it and swap at the first home match in a couple of weeks, or earlier if you are going on Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

It’s probably only necessary for Hamilton in the league and a couple of others away but it appeals to the older mugs like me who don’t buy strips regularly these days. No offence to our sponsor, a great cause and a great coup, but I like the fact we are marketing a product without a huge logo across the front. Of the last half dozen Hearts tops I’ve bought, five have been sponsor free. The 2012 top from eBay, the 2014/15 beauty from adidas, it’s sponsor free away (Argentina) counterpart, the navy one and now this. There’s a pattern emerging here and the only sponsored shirt I have is the maroon polo style from 2017/18.

I can confirm that this one is a beauty, even on a certified fat arse like me. Just heed the advice and buy a size up!

Edited by Shaggy2

KyleLafferty

I got a large in last seasons home and got a large in the 3rd kit this year. It’s the exact same fit, just obviously a few people have put weight on in 2019 😜!!!

Cant get to the store so just ordered mine to be delivered. There was others saying about this being without a sponsor name, I got a Maroon top from the store a couple of years ago without sponsor. The only thing that I dont like about it is that it has a collar, other than that it is very cool. (I can always get it altered)

I am looking forward to my new top and wearing it with pride. Things happen in life and things change but the one constant during my life is H.M.F.C. has always been there for me.

:greggy:

Took my youngest down to shop today - pointed out the quality 3rd top and pretty decent home top.

He picked the white one 😬

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Took my youngest down to shop today - pointed out the quality 3rd top and pretty decent home top.

disown them right now

Alex Kintner
23 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

😂👍🏻

The shop was busy today when I was down with my bairns. Including one old dude getting all het up about not being allowed access to the stadium to watch the “closed doors” game. 

The shop was fairly bustling when I was in earlier.

It seemed like 90% of customers were buying the 3rd strip. 

8 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

The shop was busy today when I was down with my bairns. Including one old dude getting all het up about not being allowed access to the stadium to watch the “closed doors” game. 

:vrface:

14 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

The shop was fairly bustling when I was in earlier.

It seemed like 90% of customers were buying the 3rd strip. 

You know what’s gonna happen it’s going to sell out and it won’t come back in stock til November/December!

4 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

It wouldn’t matter though regards how many we sell Hearts get the money from Umbro irrespective whether we sell 100 or 100;000 if the deal was say worth 3million over 4years Umbro pay us that end of don’t they?

I think that’s how it may work for West Ham/Wolves etc but we pay umbro to make the shirts rather than the other way round and we make our own money from sales. Hence the reason we only get made what we feel we can sell. 

3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I think that’s how it may work for West Ham/Wolves etc but we pay umbro to make the shirts rather than the other way round and we make our own money from sales. Hence the reason we only get made what we feel we can sell. 

Okay so if a shirt ie the thread we are on is hugely popular Hearts calculation is going to go a bit wonky our away shirt this season is erm how will I put it......less popular so ordering  the same amount of each shirt ain’t going work.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If you check Umbro’s twitter feed (insta as well I presume) there are loads of English footy fans saying that the strip is class ****.

andyscott82
6 hours ago, Tams bird said:

BUUUUUDGE OOOOOOUUT on the back of loads of strips this year then..? 😃

Pants Shaton

There is a sign in the shop which says they won’t do refunds on strips where you’ve got a player’s name and they subsequently leave / change squad number.

I find it deeply depressing that it’s necessary - implies some ****-wit(s) kicked off about this in the past!

1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

Okay so if a shirt ie the thread we are on is hugely popular Hearts calculation is going to go a bit wonky our away shirt this season is erm how will I put it......less popular so ordering  the same amount of each shirt ain’t going work.

I don’t get the question, if there is one? 

Have a good night! 🍺

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Cygnet said:

Maybe it was Steven MacLean and he was supposed to be on the bench.